Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532383 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yjc07:
Hello LagosNIV, I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 8 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!quote author=LagosNIV post.

Sir, when I started up my application process, it was clearly written that I needed to complete the form before scheduling the interview. Perhaps the text has changed now, but same is the advice on page 1 of this thread. This kain pressure could have been avoided.
My2kobo. Try another computer, try another internet access (if using GPRS, some network will be showing 4G or H, and will be giving you less than snail speed). I guess you have tried different browsers already. Is your antivirus up to date? Try restarting your computer. If you are using any of those virus laden torrent, stop them. If your computer is shared, "unshare" it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 2 of this thread, part 1 is now boggy and too long for newbies to read through. (Although the info there is priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.
@Gurus.
It seems the links usembassy.gov links aren't working today. Please help check if the urls are still valid. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
ogodos:
I want to apply for a usa visiting visa... But i have been refused by Uk 3times and they stamp on my passport.. What the chance of getting the USA visa with the same passport..

Don't waste another 64k.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yjc07:
Hello LagosNIV, I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 8 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!quote author=LagosNIV post.

Can you state the exact error message displayed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrszez: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
No i didnt inform thw VO cos the agent said not to. But the one on my passport is correct.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2017
mrszez:
No i didnt inform thw VO cos the agent said not to. But the one on my passport is correct.

"4. You need to correct that "mistake" in your next application, by coming clean about your records.
5. Read this thread thoroughly and you will see that other people have made the same mistake (and similar ones) in the past and have been advised on how to correct it. "

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:42am On Sep 02, 2017
SAW THIS SOMEWHERE POSTED BY A RETIRED CO. WELL WORTH TAKING NOTE OF

==============

A few of my favorite universals:

If you’re a tourist or a business traveler, you probably know where you’re going, why you’re going, how you’re going to get there, what you’re going to do there, and why you need to go now. If you’re an intending immigrant, you only have a ton of supposedly supporting docs and no idea what those even say.

If you’re a serious student, you probably know where you’re going to study, where that school is located, why you need to study that subject there, on the other side of the world, and what you’re going to do with the degree when you get it.

If you give me a letter that purports to be from a US business contact with a name something like John Jones, it doesn’t matter how beautiful the letterhead is if the first sentence begins, “XYZ is kindly invited to visit USA in order to…” Behind the hard line, we refer to such letters as toilet paper.

Each country has only a dozen or so standard lies. They’re different in every country, but it doesn’t take us long to learn them all. So you might think that yours is totally original and will fool me; I already heard it three times today.

The best visa interview, for both applicant and officer, is one that goes, “Good morning.” “Good morning.” “Your visa will be ready tomorrow at three.” “Thank you.” “You’re welcome. Have a great trip.”

We are not grim, mindless clerks who hate you, and came to live in your country for the sole purpose of frustrating you and breaking your heart. We are highly educated diplomats, will work in dozens of countries over our careers, love yours, and are secretly quite fond of you, too, even if we have to refuse your application.

It won’t do you any good to threaten and curse us if we refuse you. All our language instructors, no matter the language and no matter how much we plead, steadfastly refuse to teach us bad words, so we don’t know what you’re saying.

The majority of US immigration attorneys are ragingly incompetent.

Yes, we know that you applied and were refused at our embassy in another country yesterday.

The more documents you’re carrying, the less likely that you’re legit.

That computer monitor you see inside the window, that the officer is glancing at and typing things into, is internet connected. If the purported upcoming big-deal conference that you have to go to doesn’t turn up on a five-second Google search, there’s probably a very good reason for that that does not bode well for your ambitions.

We love complicated stories; particularly those that keep hanging together however far we follow the branches and then the twigs. Nobody lies that well, so your story, however delightfully unlikely, is probably true. This is The Complicated Story Rule: no matter how unlikely seeming, if it’s diabolically complicated but it hangs together, it’s true.

I taught a generation of junior officers The Two-Part Question Rule: 1. Always ask the next question. 2. Don’t ask a question if you aren’t sure that you want to hear the answer.

And a few more.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Strongtech: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. You will need an Immigration Visa not a Non-Immigration visa.
2. Since you wish to be sincere, which is good, you also need to apply for the proper visa category i.e. an Immigration Visa.
3. How did that person you are going to stay with, enter the US?#

thanks. I really appreciate

regarding how the person entered the US is yet to be ascertained. I plan to start the whole process next year

thanks once again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:35am On Sep 02, 2017
cosade:

Don't waste another 64k.

Give the OP good reason why he or she shouldn't apply for a US visa.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2017
ogodos:
I want to apply for a usa visiting visa... But i have been refused by Uk 3times and they stamp on my passport.. What the chance of getting the USA visa with the same passport..

cosade:

Don't waste another 64k.

FrontPageLawyer:

Give the OP good reason why he or she shouldn't apply for a US visa.

Res ipsa loquitur
"the thing speaks for itself".
FrontPageLawyer,Your moniker gives an impression you're a lawyer, so I don't need to explain that maxim.

If a candidate fails GCE O/L three times, I am sure you'll agree me that he/she shouldn't attempt GCE A/L until the deficiency is rectified. However, those who believe in praying their ways through wouldn't agree sha.

Of course, there are exceptions to all rules!
If the OP thereafter got employed by a quality organisation in Nigeria such as Chevron, World Bank; this could over shadow the poor travel history.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
Please ascertain how the person, entered the US, very important.

Strongtech:

thanks. I really appreciate

regarding how the person entered the US is yet to be ascertained. I plan to start the whole process next year

thanks once again

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 2:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Please ascertain how the person, entered the US, very important.

Please how soon can I reapply for Visit visa as I was denied on 28 of August with hubby.I really want to spend my leave days outside Nigeria.Kindly advise.Transcript for that day.VO Good morning Me and Hubby Good morning VO-How many kids do you have Me 4Kids VO-So why going with only one?Me-Cos she's the youngest 1+ and others will resume school when we want to travel.VO-To hubby you are an Estate Surveyor?Hubby said yes and you've been to Hajj he said yes again.VO to me What do you do,I mentioned my job and where I work.VO..How long do you want to stay?Me said 14days and she said when are you traveling?I said 21st cos we intended using the period to attend wedding in Houston and she brought out the unwanted paper.Note we filled 19 as departure date but the starting date of my leave was what came out of my mouth.I want to believe its the date that made her deny us but suggestions are welcomed.All the same learnt our lesson and plan to re apply.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2017
You should have applied with your hubby alone,
the vo might be thinking the kid you are travelling with might be the only kid you have, that the other 3 was just a ploy to immigrate out of the country with your family. Reaccess yourself again before reapplying .
nikkycool:
Please how soon can I reapply for Visit visa as I was denied on 28 of August with hubby.I really want to spend my leave days outside Nigeria.Kindly advise.Transcript for that day.VO Good morning Me and Hubby Good morning VO-How many kids do you have Me 4Kids VO-So why going with only one?Me-Cos she's the youngest 1+ and others will resume school when we want to travel.VO-To hubby you are an Estate Surveyor?Hubby said yes and you've been to Hajj he said yes again.VO to me What do you do,I mentioned my job and where I work.VO..How long do you want to stay?Me said 14days and she said when are you traveling?I said 21st cos we intended using the period to attend wedding in Houston and she brought out the unwanted paper.Note we filled 19 as departure date but the starting date of my leave was what came out of my mouth.I want to believe its the date that made her deny us but suggestions are welcomed.All the same learnt our lesson and plan to re apply.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
I always begin with these questions:
1. Have you applied before, as a single or a couple?
2. Have you used an agent before?
Now lets look at what the VO is probably reasoning:
1. You have four kids, but travelling with only one; can you really afford this trip?
2. The answer to the question, why are you travelling with only one, is quite weak - but the truth is the truth. Although, I would have said, "I just weaned the baby and I can't leave him/her alone, but the other three are old enough and are being taken care of".
3. You are probably pregnant and going to the US to give birth, and trying to increase your chances by applying with your husband and kid (to cover up that you are going to give birth).
These are just my opinions, I will advise you to try other places other than the US for now. If you come back and nothing has changed since you last applied, you may get the same result. And please DO NOT REAPPLY AND SAY YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE BIRTH, THAT WILL JUST CONFIRM THE SUSPICIONS OF THE VO, IF THAT WAS THE CASE.

nikkycool:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I always begin with these questions:
1. Have you applied before, as a single or a couple?
2. Have you used an agent before?
Now lets look at what the VO is probably reasoning:
1. You have four kids, but travelling with only one; can you really afford this trip?
2. The answer to the question, why are you travelling with only one, is quite weak - but the truth is the truth. Although, I would have said, "I just weaned the baby and I can't leave him/her alone, but the other three are old enough and are being taken care of".
3. You are probably pregnant and going to the US to give birth, and trying to increase your chances by applying with your husband and kid (to cover up that you are going to give birth).
These are just my opinions, I will advise you to try other places other than the US for now. If you come back and nothing has changed since you last applied, you may get the same result. And please DO NOT REAPPLY AND SAY YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE BIRTH, THAT WILL JUST CONFIRM THE SUSPICIONS OF THE VO, IF THAT WAS THE CASE.

Thanks for the analysis.But seriously we are done with having kids and actually we have four.Pregnancy is faaaaar from it,just wanted to spend our holiday together.Changes is what is confusing me,if only two of us apply will that mean changes?or if all of us apply against December vacation if that will mean changes.Kindly advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
Derende:
You should have applied with your hubby alone,
the vo might be thinking the kid you are travelling with might be the only kid you have, that the other 3 was just a ploy to immigrate out of the country with your family. Reaccess yourself again before reapplying .
Thanks for the advice,appreciate it.But how soon can one apply and can the two of us just apply?Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2017
In my own candid opinion, try and apply again as from 6 months time, cos if you reapply again soonest, it will only show an act of desperation by the next vo interviewing you. When applying next time, try and apply alone first. Am sure you will get it this time around. Best of luck next time.
nikkycool:
Thanks for the advice,appreciate it.But how soon can one apply and can the two of us just apply?Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2017
Re-apply again. With your husband and the kid you want to travel with. This time give a strong reason, why you are only going with that kid. If you get rejected again, go somewhere else. You are free to re-apply at any time.

nikkycool:
Thanks for the analysis.But seriously we are done with having kids and actually we have four.Pregnancy is faaaaar from it,just wanted to spend our holiday together.Changes is what is confusing me,if only two of us apply will that mean changes?or if all of us apply against December vacation if that will mean changes.Kindly advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by uchevolata: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2017
Hello House,

Please can anyone tell me what supporting documents to apply for a drop box for visa renewal.

Like work documents etc and?

Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
uchevolata:
Hello House,

Please can anyone tell me what supporting documents to apply for a drop box for visa renewal.

Thanks in advance
I have never done dropbox before, but it looks to me like "if documents are not looked at at the interview, why would they be needed for dropbox?" I am sure that when you go through the dropbox process, you will be told what documents you need to submit: e.g. visa fee payment receipt, etc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
Derende:
In my own candid opinion, try and apply again as from 6 months time, cos if you reapply again soonest, it will only show an act of desperation by the next vo interviewing you. When applying next time, try and apply alone first. Am sure you will get it this time around. Best of luck next time.
Thank you and Amen,am planning we reapply by December.What if we all apply for family vacation or just me and Hubby?Which do you think will fly.Sorry for asking too much o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrszez: 6:30am On Sep 03, 2017
Thanks alot bigbus

bigbus:

"4. You need to correct that "mistake" in your next application, by coming clean about your records.
5. Read this thread thoroughly and you will see that other people have made the same mistake (and similar ones) in the past and have been advised on how to correct it. "
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 7:32am On Sep 03, 2017
Applying together in December as a family will be the best bet. That will really be ok. Wishing you best of luck.
nikkycool:
Thank you and Amen,am planning we reapply by December.What if we all apply for family vacation or just me and Hubby?Which do you think will fly.Sorry for asking too much o.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tertwilson: 8:33am On Sep 03, 2017
Good morning, i have applied for Us student visas 2003 with mistake in my dob 1982 and i was denied , my dob is 1987 i want to reapply to the us embassy with my mother and sister for my brother wedding what are my chances ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tertwilson: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2017
Good morning, i have applied for Us student visas 2003 with mistake in my dob 1982 and i was denied , my dob is 1987 i want to reapply to the us embassy with my mother and sister for my brother wedding what are my chances
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tertwilson: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2017
Good morning, i have applied for Us student visas 2003 with mistake in my dob 1982 and i was denied , my dob is 1987 i want to reapply to the us embassy with my mother and sister for my brother wedding what are my chances @VisaOfficer's
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beedude(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2017
Kudos for the great work here. Am a silent reader of this thread for the past few months and I must say I came across this thread at the right time cos I was about getting an agent but stopped and read this page from page 0.
I plan to go on vacation with my wife by december . I have travelled to dubai on business and tourist visa for like 7 times in the past before getting married in 2015. I stopped importation business in Dubai and establish a nursery and primary school in 2015 as well. Since I got married av been in Nigeria. We have a daughter that will be 2 yrs old by December but won't include her in our vacation plan. We av never applied for USA visa before. My wife works in a reputable bank for the past 3yrs with good income as well and we are both sponsoring the vacation.. Considering all these, i just want to know if am on the right route by leaving our 2yr old baby out of our plans. Based on what have read so far the VO's may see it in anoda way. And also i need someone on this forum i can always call or chat with when filling the forms for prompt response and assistance. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2017
If I may ask why are you leaving your 2 years old baby behind. Hope you have a good response in mind when asked why you are leaving your baby behind.Best of luck in your application.
Beedude:
Kudos for the great work here. Am a silent reader of this thread for the past few months and I must say I came across this thread at the right time cos I was about getting an agent but stopped and read this page from page 0.
I plan to go on vacation with my wife by december . I have travelled to dubai on business and tourist visa for like 7 times in the past before getting married in 2015. I stopped importation business in Dubai and establish a nursery and primary school in 2015 as well. Since I got married av been in Nigeria. We have a daughter that will be 2 yrs old by December but won't include her in our vacation plan. We av never applied for USA visa before. My wife works in a reputable bank for the past 3yrs with good income as well and we are both sponsoring the vacation.. Considering all these, i just want to know if am on the right route by leaving our 2yr old baby out of our plans. Based on what have read so far the VO's may see it in anoda way. And also i need someone on this forum i can always call or chat with when filling the forms for prompt response and assistance. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2017
Looking at the purpose of the trip, in my own opinion the odds is going to be against you. The vo might end up approving only your mum visa.
But the vo has the final decision to make .But I will advice you to apply alone when you have sufficient ties to your home country in terms of a good job, marriage, travel history.[/b][b]
tertwilson:
Good morning, i have applied for Us student visas 2003 with mistake in my dob 1982 and i was denied , my dob is 1987 i want to reapply to the us embassy with my mother and sister for my brother wedding what are my chances @VisaOfficer's
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2017
uchevolata:
Hello House,

Thanks in advance

For B1/B2 visa
Your passport with the expired US visa, DS-160 form, letter of interview waiver (generated from the appointment scheduling portal), and the GTB teller for the visa fee paid.

F1 visa
In addition, academic progress report issued by your college.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beedude(m): 9:57am On Sep 03, 2017
Derende:
If I may ask why are you leaving your 2 years old baby behind. Hope you have a good response in mind when asked why you are leaving your baby behind.Best of luck in your application.
Am leaving her out based on the following reasons .
She has her routine immunization in the clinic around that time . It will be winter by then and not sure she will cope. Plan to take her for subsequent vacation . What do u think ? Should I still include her ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2017
Beedude:

It appears you have strong ties but leaving a two old child behind could be an issue. I suggest you apply with your baby.

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.