Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538239 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrszez: 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
No i didnt inform thw VO cos the agent said not to. But the one on my passport is correct.

bigbus:

1. Did you bring up this "mistake" in your March interview? Did the VO take note to correct it?
2. Is the date of birth in your passport reflect this same "mistake"?
3. @Bolded. The US takes the truth very seriously and your visa application is your responsibility.
4. You need to correct that "mistake" in your next application, by coming clean about your records.
5. Read this thread thoroughly and you will see that other people have made the same mistake (and similar ones) in the past and have been advised on how to correct it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
Something about this transcript, doesn't sit well.
ifeoluwasegun:
Hello everyone,

Please I have a question to ask, an uncle applied and was denied B1/B2 on Monday.

The transcript as he said goes:

VO: Where are you visiting in the US

Uncle: Roswell, Georgia

VO: Who are you visiting there?

Uncle: My Sister (She's actually a Cousin)

VO: When has she been in the US

Uncle: Since 23 years ago

VO: Does she has a green passport?

Uncle: Yes

VO: Do you have it here?

Uncle: No

VO: I'm sorry blah blah blah...

That was how he narrated the transcript, so I wanna ask what the VO meant as the green passport for the American resident and how can my uncle the applicant have it here in Nigeria.

Thank you... LadyG, seyewest, justwise, etc.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 4:21am On Aug 31, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Well, this transcript will hardly be a correct one as it is! If it is true, I bet on it that both the inviter and invitee have long crossed the "red line" (in fact, the "intercontinental red line" undecided) in the VO's assessment, probably deadly liars and illegal immigrant and intending illegal immigrant.... #Shior!

wink cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 31, 2017
Question;
As a visa officer what do you wish applicants knew?
Answer;

A few of my favorite universals:

If you’re a tourist or a business traveler, you probably know where you’re going, why you’re going, how you’re going to get there, what you’re going to do there, and why you need to go now. If you’re an intending immigrant, you only have ton of sponsorship docs and no idea what those even say.

If you’re a student, you probably know where you’re going to study, where that school is located, why you need to study that subject there, on the other side of the world, and what you’re going to do with the degree when you get it.

If you give me a letter that purports to be from a US business contact with a name something like John Jones, it doesn’t matter how beautiful the letterhead is if the first sentence begins, “XYZ is kindly invited to visit USA in order to…” Behind the hard line, we refer to such letters as toilet paper.

Every different country has only a dozen or so standard lies. They’re different in every country, but it doesn’t take us long at all to learn them. So you might think that yours is totally original and will fool me; I already heard it three times today.

The best visa interview is one that goes, “Good morning.” “Good morning.” “Your visa will be ready tomorrow at three.” “Thank you.” “You’re welcome. Have a great trip.”

We are not grim, mindless clerks who hate you, and came to live in your country just to frustrate you and break your heart. We are highly educated diplomats, will work in dozens of countries over our careers, love yours, and are secretly quite fond of you, too, even if we have to refuse your application.

It won’t do you any good to threaten and curse us if we refuse you. All our language instructors, no matter the language and no matter how much we plead, steadfastly refuse to teach us bad words, so we don’t know what you’re saying.

The majority of US immigration attorneys are ragingly incompetent.

Yes, we know that you applied and were refused at our embassy in another country yesterday.

The more documents you’re carrying, the less likely that you’re legit.That computer monitor you see inside the window, that the officer is glancing at and typing things into, is internet connected. If the purported upcoming big-deal conference that you have to go to doesn’t turn up on a five-second Google search, there’s probably a very good reason for that that does not bode well for your ambitions.

We love complicated stories; particularly those that keep hanging together however far we follow the branches and then the twigs. Nobody lies that well, so your story, however delightfully unlikely, is probably true. This is The Complicated Story Rule: no matter how unlikely seeming, if it’s diabolically complicated but it hangs together, it’s true.

I taught a generation of junior officers The Two-Part Question Rule: 1. Always ask the next question. 2. Don’t ask a question if you aren’t sure that you want to hear the answer.

And a few more.
#copied

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basdow101: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2017
Dear House,

I am going for an interview next month, but i made few mistakes on my DS-160 which i have booked an appointment with, though i have filled another and corrected the mistake. i want to call in to inform them of the new bar code number before the appointment date.

But my fear is 1. Hope they wont compare the information on the 2 forms before changing it. 2. Hope the VO wont notice that i changed DS-160 and also wanna compare the information on the 2 forms on the interview day.

Thanking you in advance for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello basdow101 -

Please proceed with making whatever corrections are necessary. We want you to be truthful and accurate on your applications, so it would be foolish of us to punish you for correcting errors. Furthermore, we only see the final version of the DS-160, not any prior versions you may have filled out for this interview (though we can see old DS-160s from prior interviews you may have had).

basdow101:
Dear House,

I am going for an interview next month, but i made few mistakes on my DS-160 which i have booked an appointment with, though i have filled another and corrected the mistake. i want to call in to inform them of the new bar code number before the appointment date.

But my fear is 1. Hope they wont compare the information on the 2 forms before changing it. 2. Hope the VO wont notice that i changed DS-160 and also wanna compare the information on the 2 forms on the interview day.

Thanking you in advance for your response.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MummyJJJ: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hi house,

Please how long does it take to get a response from Lagos@NIV.gov? A mail was sent to them on Friday and no response from them yet. Today makes it fourworking days. I hope I'm not being too anxious.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basdow101: 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
Thank you LagosNIV.

LagosNIV:
Hello basdow101 -

Please proceed with making whatever corrections are necessary. We want you to be truthful and accurate on your applications, so it would be foolish of us to punish you for correcting errors. Furthermore, we only see the final version of the DS-160, not any prior versions you may have filled out for this interview (though we can see old DS-160s from prior interviews you may have had).

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by johnpoko: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
Good day house, please I just graduated from the university and my cousin in the US is inviting for his wedding. the wedding will take place on 4th November. When should I apply or book an appointment? please I'm using a virgin passport. can you all tell me the necessary documents I need? I have a business here in Naija, I own an online clothing store. please I need an urgent response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
Please house I wanna ask questions about visa renewal for b1b2... all requirements met, but would there be need to fill a DS160 from for the renewal process?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
Yjc07:
Hello house, please can anyone help me out " I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 5 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!

Use Firefox browser
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
ifeoluwasegun:
Please house I wanna ask questions about visa renewal for b1b2... all requirements met, but would there be need to fill a DS160 from for the renewal process?

Sure.

It's a must.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
johnpoko:
Good day house, please I just graduated from the university and my cousin in the US is inviting for his wedding. the wedding will take place on 4th November. When should I apply or book an appointment? please I'm using a virgin passport. can you all tell me the necessary documents I need? I have a business here in Naija, I own an online clothing store. please I need an urgent response

Hmmnn.
Online business? You can do your online business from anywhere in the world, so how about staying put in US if granted visa?

Don't mind me, I was just thinking like a VO.

On a serious note, your business would be a big issue except it's jumia or konga. It has a strong tie to nowhere.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
1. You are a graduate. Are you working?.
2. Your cousin in the US, how did he enter the US?
3. You "own an on-line clothing store", that can be run from anywhere in the world. So you really don't have to be in Nigeria to run it.
4. I am not a VO, but your ties to Nigeria is non-existent. You have nothing that will bring you back to Nigeria.

johnpoko:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Emmyrate(m): 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
Goodday evri,Will like to share my visa interview question and happy that i finally got my visa after my 2nd attempt. Me...Good morning. Vo...Morning ..she replied. Can i ve ur passport ? Me...I gave her only my passport ,held all my supporting document with me. VO....Why are u visiting united state.. Me ...To attend a food safety training in Maryland on the determination of ............... VO.....How many days are u going to spend. Me....10 days VO ...Who is sponsoring ur trip . Me ...My Company.........with name of my company VO ....Why is ur company sponsoring ur trip Me .........Without thinking of it i responded .........she was looking at me wt full attention...BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRE DURING MY TRAINING WILL ADD MORE VALUE TO THE GROWTH OF MY COMPANY. VO ....Ve u travelled before Me ...Yes Switzeeland and germany and she fliped over my passport and said congratulation.and hand over the white paper ....All glory is to God almighty ........and my experience at d point of entry is not a gud one but God almighty was wt me i was allowed in after abt 6 hrs of interrogation....pls delete any or dont let ur whats app chatting or fb chatts or info on ur phone deprive u of what u ve been longing and fasting/dreaming of for years

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Keke123: 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
Update
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lanrey1(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
Emmyrate:
Goodday evri,Will like to share my visa interview question and happy that i finally got my visa after my 2nd attempt. Me...Good morning. Vo...Morning ..she replied. Can i ve ur passport ? Me...I gave her only my passport ,held all my supporting document with me. VO....Why are u visiting united state.. Me ...To attend a food safety training in Maryland on the determination of ............... VO.....How many days are u going to spend. Me....10 days VO ...Who is sponsoring ur trip . Me ...My Company.........with name of my company VO ....Why is ur company sponsoring ur trip Me .........Without thinking of it i responded .........she was looking at me wt full attention...BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRE DURING MY TRAINING WILL ADD MORE VALUE TO THE GROWTH OF MY COMPANY. VO ....Ve u travelled before Me ...Yes Switzeeland and germany and she fliped over my passport and said congratulation.and hand over the white paper ....All glory is to God almighty ........and my experience at d point of entry is not a gud one but God almighty was wt me i was allowed in after abt 6 hrs of interrogation....pls delete any or dont let ur whats app chatting or fb chatts or info on ur phone deprive u of what u ve been longing and fasting/dreaming of for years

thanks for d info MA...
plz explain further on the issue of whatsapp and facebook... we really need to learn from dis.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
nefertitiram:

As the place de under water nko? All the flood wey we suffer for Biafra Republic here, e no make news o.

Biafra na part of Israel no worry God gat una.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
ifeoluwasegun:
Hello everyone,

Please I have a question to ask, an uncle applied and was denied B1/B2 on Monday.

That was how he narrated the transcript, so I wanna ask what the VO meant as the green passport for the American resident and how can my uncle the applicant have it here in Nigeria.

Maybe they wanna see a copy of the resident permit not the original.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 1:19am On Sep 01, 2017
Lanrey1:
I heard if d embassy grant u 2yrs visa dat doesn't guarantee u of staying for 2yrs,,,, can someone explain I-94 form and how Naija play there way on dis I-94.

Pathetic. You can't play your way on this I-94, enough of making Nigerians look like cheap fools with no respect for laws. Your I-94 tells you how many days you can legally stay in the US, its usually never greater than 6 months. If you stay beyond this time, you become illegal and the day you leave the US, forget ever coming back.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 6:45am On Sep 01, 2017
ifeoluwasegun:
Hello everyone,

The VO probably mentioned green card.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lumzybo: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2017
Emmyrate:
....All glory is to God almighty ........and my experience at d point of entry is not a gud one but God almighty was wt me i was allowed in after abt 6 hrs of interrogation....pls delete any or dont let ur whats app chatting or fb chatts or info on ur phone deprive u of what u ve been longing and fasting/dreaming of for years

Kindly explain the bolded for easy understanding
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
I have tried using firefox several times it still displays session time out ,unable to allow me proceed through to work/training requirements.Please I need urgent help because my interview is 5th September Tuesday next week.
ifeoluwasegun:

Use Firefox browser
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello LagosNIV, I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 8 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!
basdow101:
Thank you LagosNIV.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello LagosNIV, I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 8 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!quote author=LagosNIV post.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello LagosNIV, I've been filling the DS-160 Form for almost 8 days now I'm unable to complete it each time I gets to Work / Education / Training stage Session Timed Out!. Please what do I do? because I already schedule appointment at the Embassy Abuja for 5th September but still unable to submit my application. I need urgent help please!!!quote author=LagosNIV post=59997689]Hello basdow101 -

[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pkingssupplier: 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
Good Afternoon . All Member of this Group . I'm Aderoju By name from Ogun State . I own's a Small scale Business . Basically into Supply Chain . Supplying Local Company Grains and Cash Crop's . I really want to visit USA . Can you pls tell me the right Form to apply for . Thanks .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yjc07:
I have tried using firefox several times it still displays session time out ,unable to allow me proceed through to work/training requirements.Please I need urgent help because my interview is 5th September Tuesday next week.

I have no idea what you can do again. But try and submit a completed DS 160 before that day and print the confirmation.

Trying in the midnight could be good as well, but using the Firefox browser works well for me.

By the way, I'll be coming with a family friend to the Consulate for interview same day, early morning.

Good luck to you in advance!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Strongtech: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
Good afternoon beautiful people and happy new month,

I discovered this thread last week and have been able to go through few ages. I have the intention of going to the USA next year God willing, though have not started anything yet on it but want to research and find out about somethings that will be helping. I intend using an agent to help me get my visa (work), meanwhile I have decided to provide every info correctly when filling the form due to somethings I have learnt on this thread for the past few days. I will be sincere, I want to go there and start a new life. I have someone over there I can stay with pending the time I will equip my self. my question now is, can this work out or what better ways do you suggest I can go about this?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
Yjc07:
Type your information on a notepad then copy and paste. This should take seconds to do.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
1. You will need an Immigration Visa not a Non-Immigration visa.
2. Since you wish to be sincere, which is good, you also need to apply for the proper visa category i.e. an Immigration Visa.
3. How did that person you are going to stay with, enter the US?#

Strongtech:
Good afternoon beautiful people and happy new month,

I discovered this thread last week and have been able to go through few ages. I have the intention of going to the USA next year God willing, though have not started anything yet on it but want to research and find out about somethings that will be helping. I intend using an agent to help me get my visa (work), meanwhile I have decided to provide every info correctly when filling the form due to somethings I have learnt on this thread for the past few days. I will be sincere, I want to go there and start a new life. I have someone over there I can stay with pending the time I will equip my self. my question now is, can this work out or what better ways do you suggest I can go about this?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2017
The correct Visa category (and the form you will fill) is dependent on what you want to do in the US.
= For vacation, check through this forum.
- For medicals, check through this forum.
- For legal migration, check the immigration forum.
- For schooling, check through the US Students visa forum.
All the best.

Pkingssupplier:
Good Afternoon . All Member of this Group . I'm Aderoju By name from Ogun State . I own's a Small scale Business . Basically into Supply Chain . Supplying Local Company Grains and Cash Crop's . I really want to visit USA . Can you pls tell me the right Form to apply for . Thanks .

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.