Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534927 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yaisa: 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oh, I really like Dubai too, such a beautiful city. I travel to it every year and always take minivan for rent Dubai here http://cargetsrent.com/en/p5_rates_rent/t3_luxury_minivans for good rest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Summer15: 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Aqva:
Why do Nigerians celebrate receiving a Visa to a foreign country? It's quite embarrassing. Some even fast and pray over it. I can understand giving tips and guiding people to complete their forms.

Are you serious with your question? You even narrow it down to Nigeria(ns).. Well
1. Nigeria economy is not good compared to foreign country like US the current thread you are right now
2. There is a lot of opportunity in Us than Nigeria.. Opportunities like good job, good education for your children
3. in foreign country like US, you can acquire generational wealth. that is, you an your generational shall lack no more
4. no traffic
5. constant electricity
6. enough food and water. no Lassa fever, no malaria
7. good roads.. no traffic from morning to night.

Mr man or Mrs woman the list is endless/ I shall sure update as i remember them... I will fast 40 days and 40 nights to get such a good life for me, my kids and generation. You better don't deceive your self...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:04am On Feb 09, 2016
Summer15:

Are you serious with your question? You even narrow it down to Nigeria(ns).. Well
1. Nigeria economy is not good compared to foreign country like US the current thread you are right now
2. There is a lot of opportunity in Us than Nigeria.. Opportunities like good job, good education for your children
3. in foreign country like US, you can acquire generational wealth. that is, you an your generational shall lack no more
4. no traffic
5. constant electricity

Mr man or Mrs woman the list is endless/ I shall sure update as i remember them... I will fast 40 days and 40 nights to get such a good life for me, my kids and generation. You better don't deceive your self...
Cough! Ahem!
1. US has its economic challenges
2. I agree but a lotta Nigerians immigrate the wrong way and get the kinda jobs you can't even imagine.
3. Generational wealth kwa? It is in Naija that folks acquire that o! #Dasukigate
4. If I hear say no traffic in America... undecided
5. Apparently u never hear the phrase 'homeless'. Dude folks sleep on the streets and the lucky ones pass the night at homeless shelters. Some eat from the trashcan so that your enough food and water na Utopian idea o. BTW u never hear of zika...?
7. Refer to no 4.
Nigeria is a land rich in resources both human and several other ways. We just have had terrible leaders and if our youth feel fleeing to the US is the best then na dabaru something o!
Long live the FRN aka Naija! grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 09, 2016
chloe7:
Thank you so much Ladyg my friend, so guys I finally got my visa approved today and I thank God for everything, justwise tsetsefly iRyan adigunomomama and everyone that has been with me in this my quest for a visa, I finally got it this morning at the Lagos Consulate
congrats dear! Will celebrate on your behalf.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 09, 2016
Summer15:

4. no traffic
5. constant electricity

Funny man. You know how many American citizens are deadbeat, jobless, homeless, uneducated, disease ridden? America is no utopia.
Too much Hollywood is your problem. Going to the US or any civilized nation to broaden your mind or seek greener pastures is no crime but thinking that it would put an end to your problems is a big joke.
I'm not here to debate the pros and cons of going to the US, my only statement that getting a US visa is no reason to be thankful. People get it everyday, it's no lottery.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:20am On Feb 09, 2016
So here's the gist. In the spirit of giving back grin

I went to renew my visa via dropbox two weeks ago.

Last monday morning, I was in a serious brainstorming session at work, I received a call. Usually, I hang up calls at work but something told me to pick cos it's a landline call.

Next thing they say they are from US embassy, in respect of my renewal. I should come for an interview any monday or wednesday from 11am. That's how my brain shutdown for the day angry

I took excuse from work yesterday morning and carried my LO with me for the interview. At least, Sebi we are in this together! No be only me waka come.

The embassy wasn't so busy, everyone was nice and courteous. I got to the queue to be interviewed by one man who just approved a family. It took a while to conclude with them so the guy coordinating the queue asked me to queue in front of a really pretty lady. She had just approved one mama going for conference and was drilling one woman going to deliver. She had all her docs and was also given.
So it was my turn:

Me: Hallo, Gd morning
V.O: Good morning, give me a minute.... (started typing)... so you have been to the US?
Me: Yes, 4 times
VO: How long did you spend during the last trip?
Me: 5 months
VO: You went to have her?
Me: Yes
VO: Ok that figures, where did you have her
Me: Chicago
VO: You have family or friends in Chicago
Me: Yes
VO: Ok, do you have receipts.
Me: Sure... (I pass it on to her. She flips through my receipts.) I had a CSection delivery.
VO: Ok... I'm sorry we had to call you in, the next time you renew via dropbox you don't have to come in. (Hands me white paper)
Me: Ok, thanks

Only a few people were denied that I saw. Mostly young men. The VO's were very courteous, customer service on point.

Advice to others: keep it short and simple

Dazzall.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:26am On Feb 09, 2016
Summer15:

4. no traffic
5. constant electricity

The America that me I know is not the same US TV shows you o! Hollywood and media is a big scam. They have very good imaginations and know how to translate their imaginations into reality.

If u dash me between 9ja and US, I will gladly choose Nigeria with all its madness, not because US is bad, but there is this sense of belonging you have in Nigeria, you cannot get anywhere else, especially your extended family.

For holiday, awesome but to live and work there? Naaa, not for me.

All I could see in my mind eye was my bed in 9ja. There's really no place like home.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:30am On Feb 09, 2016
chloe7:
Thank you so much Ladyg my friend, so guys I finally got my visa approved today and I thank God for everything, justwise tsetsefly iRyan adigunomomama and everyone that has been with me in this my quest for a visa, I finally got it this morning at the Lagos Consulate

Congratssssssss send my meat oooo grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:35am On Feb 09, 2016
Aqva:
Why do Nigerians celebrate receiving a Visa to a foreign country? It's quite embarrassing. Some even fast and pray over it. I can understand giving tips and guiding people to complete their forms.

Well Sir, When I got to the US I now know why you must pray and fast to get the visa because that country will completely change you and your mentality.
US is the country to visit and it's important you return back to Naija to try and change things.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:37am On Feb 09, 2016
Aqva:

Uncle, nobody likes rejection, even if it from your neighbour's gate man. Getting a visa is same as passing a test, it's devastating to be rejected. It's only emotional, that's what the celebration is about.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:37am On Feb 09, 2016
OmoBendel24:

I understand, but I will just quote you and ask a question. You wrote on the other thread and I quote, "Can a male visitor to d US use an opportunity to do a medical checkup or fitness check? There will be no recourse to public funds. The need to do a checkup is an after thought and not the primary aim of travelling.
If it would get one in trouble please kindly advice. Don't want any problems with the Yanks". Make I no talk to you on the "after thought" issue anyways, if na colonial mentality e be about as you yarn, which one you come dey fia Yanks dey guide your own visa jealously? Well, you be matured person as deduced from your other posts and I like the way you dey write better English, so I go just let am slide. Not without advising you to celebrate with those that celebrate though. Thanks oh

omobendel you bad gannnn oooooo I fear you... grin grin grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Feb 09, 2016
chloe7:

Finally!

Congratulations

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 09, 2016
justwise:

Finally!

Congratulations
Thank you so much kiss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:55am On Feb 09, 2016
seyewest:

omobendel you bad gannnn oooooo I fear you... grin grin grin
Lol! No mind that my guy joor. Him dey yarn of Colonial mentality and yet, he wan go do "common" check up for States. Why him no use our hospitals here for Naija or even our "herbal" treatments take take Kia of hinsef? Truth is, I got other visas before that of the US, but the joy and confidence getting that of the US in 2010 ahead of even my MD brought me couldn't be quantified, springs on my feet and better results accomplished on my job and in my personal life. Great doors and other nations opened up to me ever since, it was a tool of promotion for me from God as far as I am concerned. So, me no wan hear that "tosh abi na bunkum", unto say Visa no reach to celebrate abeg! We go happy, we go celebrate, but we no relocate or stay for onyibo land, na our Naija work and personal flexing go dey carry us go dia by His grace.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:37am On Feb 09, 2016
Oombendel! Chai! I go buy u puff puff from yankee grin

Neff ok o! U too follow ' in the spirit of giving back'

Chloe it was good to see you yesterday

Seye weecome ooo!

JW, I de jealous the time u get for this your new wife o! Your ministry don dey suffer grin

Hodusglobal minister of silent reading. I dobale for my chairman o!

Fredricko I dey wait your own good news

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigfido: 11:15am On Feb 09, 2016
Congratulations Chloe7 we have been at this since 2014. God bless you! I am so happy for you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
bigfido:
Congratulations Chloe7 we have been at this since 2014. God bless you! I am so happy for you
LadyGuinivere it was nice to see you too kiss kiss , Bigfido thank you so much o, God finally said 2016 will be the year, i'm sure if he told me 2016 in 2014 then I would have said no never grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Chairmans and chairwomens. Ndi nwem na ndi m nwe. Good people. Great Nation. I throway salud o!
I dobale to the whole house for the prayers and good works.The prayers worked today. The people that unilaterally reached out to me and to those that lent a helping hand when I reached out. Una 7 much abi 7up!
It feels good to know I have people that will take bullets for me
So I went to Unity Ademola Adetokunbo. The CMO abi what what there is totally professional. No skoin skoin in his head at all. He started processing the stuff immedately.
But my people say that you do not stand at a spot to watch the masquerade. Na e me and my friend jejely go Stanbic. They asked us to sit. Does a man sit when his house is on fire? Mba nu. Na so the standing attract one fine black lady o. She asked if somebody had attended to us and we told her in a gentle voice that our travell date was today and we needed bdc and had prebooked .She took our details and gave to the Manager (God bless his father for not using protection ) Next thing my friend received a call to come and collect. We filled the forms and ran to fund the account. Meanwhile in all this waka, our bags and baggages de follow us round VI.
So we were debited at 210.1 and we will start heading to the airport soon.
Woow! Stories that touch!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Lol! No mind that my guy joor. Him dey yarn of Colonial mentality and yet, he wan go do "common" check up for States. Why him no use our hospitals here for Naija or even our "herbal" treatments take take Kia of hinsef? Truth is, I got other visas before that of the US, but the joy and confidence getting that of the US in 2010 ahead of even my MD brought me couldn't be quantified, springs on my feet and better results accomplished on my job and in my personal life. Great doors and other nations opened up to me ever since, it was a tool of promotion for me from God as far as I am concerned. So, me no wan hear that "tosh abi na bunkum", unto say Visa no reach to celebrate abeg! We go happy, we go celebrate, but we no relocate or stay for onyibo land, na our Naija work and personal flexing go dey carry us go dia by His grace.
Yessssss bossss

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Seye weecome ooo!

JW, I de jealous the time u get for this your new wife o! Your ministry don dey suffer grin

@LADYG My mama of mama.. I return to Naija this week, I have to be honest.. I've been to a lot of country but none change me like USA.
I will never ever forget this experience.. I no fit form this experience is great and an eye opener for me.. if every youth in Nigeria visit U.S and return to Nigeria we will demand more from our Government. We deserve better from them.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fourfunmi: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Congrats chloe7, I'm typing this with immense joy...
I remember when you missed your last two appointments and some busybodies made fun of you and tried to run you off this thread; where are they now? Infact I should go back and tag/mention them...shame!
You've been very wonderful on this thread and you sure deserve this.

And to those wondering why we are congartulating chloe7, just start from the last thread (1)...

From me on behalf of the silent readers association

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere it was nice to see you too kiss kiss , Bigfido thank you so much o, God finally said 2016 will be the year, i'm sure if he told me 2016 in 2014 then I would have said no never grin grin
@chloe7 when do you leave?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Rahmeek:
Hello everyone,
I had my visa interview december 2015 and this is how it went.
Firstly, i went to his corner but he switched off the microfone although he was talking with his colleague. Then the interview started a minute or two later.
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir!
Vo: Are you a student?
Me: yes
Vo: why Houston,texas?
Me: told him but was very nervous but it is my nature in public.
Vo: you also chose houston because of its duvetsity? Looked deeply into my eyes
Me: yes because i will get to meet new people who differ by ethnicity,socio economic status and as well degree of dissability which will be a great starting place for me
Vo: do you have any relative in the US?
Me: no (although there is a man who is my fathers friend who helped me in paying sevis fee because of that ban on western union transactions)
Vo: bought out blue paper and said you are not qualified for a us visa. (214)(b)

On my way out the nigerian staffs were just mocking me cus they saw me reading the blue paper. I wanted to hit one because i was very sad. I just controlled myself.

Can any one speculate to why i was rejected? I am 20. I have been out before to DUBAI,EYHIOPIA,EGYPT,QATER,BENIN REPUBLIC and CHINA for 1 year. My sponsors pay is pretty very high and statement also. But i am a muslim. Could it be that my religion played a part? Because americans descriminate muslims. Or could it be that they are aware of my fathers friend which i lied about? Or my program of study (INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & DIPLOMACY) maybe because it is not ENGINEERING or MEDICINE

Best Regards!

Your questions will be better answered at this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2557843/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
Good one there LadyG.
Now u see its not for 'special ones' but for all that other one as discussed was damn expensive me sef no fit near am as a matter of fact.. I'm glad you got it @ last. Safe trip.

LadyGuinivere:
Chairmans and chairwomens. Ndi nwem na ndi m nwe. Good people. Great Nation. I throway salud o!
I dobale to the whole house for the prayers and good works.The prayers worked today. The people that unilaterally reached out to me and to those that lent a helping hand when I reached out. Una 7 much abi 7up!
It feels good to know I have people that will take bullets for me
So I went to Unity Ademola Adetokunbo. The CMO abi what what there is totally professional. No skoin skoin in his head at all. He started processing the stuff immedately.
But my people say that you do not stand at a spot to watch the masquerade. Na e me and my friend jejely go Stanbic. They asked us to sit. Does a man sit when his house is on fire? Mba nu. Na so the standing attract one fine black lady o. She asked if somebody had attended to us and we told her in a gentle voice that our travell date was today and we needed bdc and had prebooked .She took our details and gave to the Manager (God bless his father for not using protection ) Next thing my friend received a call to come and collect. We filled the forms and ran to fund the account. Meanwhile in all this waka, our bags and baggages de follow us round VI.
So we were debited at 210.1 and we will start heading to the airport soon.
Woow! Stories that touch!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Solo84:
Good one there LadyG.
Now u see its not for 'special ones' but for all that other one as discussed was damn expensive me sef no fit near am as a matter of fact.. I'm glad you got it @ last. Safe trip.

Ma dear eh! 285 na die o! Me too wan build house o

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Seye weecome ooo!

Okay, no 'frovlem' ma. I sabi draw promise matter sha oh. Safe trip
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Cough! Ahem!
1. US has its economic challenges
2. I agree but a lotta Nigerians immigrate the wrong way and get the kinda jobs you can't even imagine.
3. Generational wealth kwa? It is in Naija that folks acquire that o! #Dasukigate
4. If I hear say no traffic in America... undecided
5. Apparently u never hear the phrase 'homeless'. Dude folks sleep on the streets and the lucky ones pass the night at homeless shelters. Some eat from the trashcan so that your enough food and water na Utopian idea o. BTW u never hear of zika...?
7. Refer to no 4.
Nigeria is a land rich in resources both human and several other ways. We just have had terrible leaders and if our youth feel fleeing to the US is the best then na dabaru something o!
Long live the FRN aka Naija! grin
Bam talk there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 1:05am On Feb 10, 2016
Greetings all.
Pls can someone travel to the US for a one month vacation with our local food items. The include:
(1) gaari
(2) grinded dry pepper ....ata gigun
(3) grinded melon.... Egunsi
(4) ogii (pap)
(5) dry fish and cray fish
(6) elubo
(7) vegetables, both ewedu and ugwu leaf
(cool iruu
(9) maagi

Pls can someone carry all above without having any issues at the POE for a visit of 4 weeks vacation. However, some of the items belongs to someone else
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omotolani22(f): 6:27am On Feb 10, 2016
Chloe,congrats dear, really really happy for you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 10, 2016
omotolani22:
Chloe,congrats dear, really really happy for you
Thank you very much kiss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 10, 2016
fourfunmi:
Congrats chloe7, I'm typing this with immense joy...
I remember when you missed your last two appointments and some busybodies made fun of you and tried to run you off this thread; where are they now? Infact I should go back and tag/mention them...shame!
You've been very wonderful on this thread and you sure deserve this.

And to those wondering why we are congartulating chloe7, just start from the last thread (1)...

From me on behalf of the silent readers association
Thank you dear kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102