Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534712 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:09am On Feb 10, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Greetings all.
Pls can someone travel to the US for a one month vacation with our local food items. The include:
(1) gaari
(2) grinded dry pepper ....ata gigun
(3) grinded melon.... Egunsi
(4) ogii (pap)
(5) dry fish and cray fish
(6) elubo
(7) vegetables, both ewedu and ugwu leaf
(cool iruu
(9) maagi

Pls can someone carry all above without having any issues at the POE for a visit of 4 weeks vacation. However, some of the items belongs to someone else
Thanks
Dry the pap.
The vegetables are better dried eg bitter leaaf or ukazi. Oyibo no want mae u come plant forest for them.
Maggi is ok xcept it has chicken on it so better buy maggi star. I no sabi werrin be iruu. All the other fried/processed /ground stuff is ok.

I saw a mouse at MM airport! Chaiiiiiii! It is not well o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fourfunmi: 7:18am On Feb 10, 2016
LadyG, iru is locust beans.
Biko buy poffpoff come o!

LadyGuinivere:

Dry the pap.
The vegetables are better dried eg bitter leaaf or ukazi. Oyibo no want mae u come plant forest for them.
Maggi is ok xcept it has chicken on it so better buy maggi star. I no sabi werrin be iruu. All the other fried/processed /ground stuff is ok.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dry the pap.

LadyG are you reporting live from Newyork?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Talk2MegaBoss(m): 7:55am On Feb 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. The US and UK are different countries. A refusal to one country Does not mean automatic refusal to other
However, you muust convince the VO that you will return to nigeria if you are Granted visa. Sometimes , they look at previous travel history as a guide.
2. Under no circumstance however should u lie about the Refusals

LadyG good day.
Please I want to make an application for visiting visa to USA with my fiancee. We are planning for our wedding and intend going there for shopping.

If we are called for an interview, will it be proper to show the VO our wedding invitation card as a proof that we will have to come back to Nigeria.
Aside hotel booking, what else do I really need to take to the VO if am invited for an interview?

Please I urgently await your response. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 8:06am On Feb 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dry the pap.

Thank u very very much . God bless. Pls how much is the current visa fee for a b1b2 class?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2016
fourfunmi:
LadyG, iru is locust beans.
Biko buy poffpoff come o!

No naaa levels yaff change! Na buns and zobo I go buy. Lol

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:11am On Feb 10, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:

LadyG good day.
Please I want to make an application for visiting visa to USA with my fiancee. We are planning for our wedding and intend going there for shopping.

If we are called for an interview, will it be proper to show the VO our wedding invitation card as a proof that we will have to come back to Nigeria.
Aside hotel booking, what else do I really need to take to the VO if am invited for an interview?

Please I urgently await your response. Thank you
Carrry along anything to support any assertion u make. So if you say you are getting married, its ok to carry along the invite. Most times docx aren't checked but I have seen a transcript of a vo on the verge of refusing a coule ask for marriage certificate. Over prepared is always better than under...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Talk2MegaBoss(m): 8:24am On Feb 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Carrry along anything to support any assertion u make. So if you say you are getting married, its ok to carry along the invite. Most times docx aren't checked but I have seen a transcript of a vo on the verge of refusing a coule ask for marriage certificate. Over prepared is always better than under...

Ok thank you ma.
Please can you send me your previous link on how to make an application for visiting visa please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:04am On Feb 10, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:

Ok thank you ma.
Please can you send me your previous link on how to make an application for visiting visa please.
Ist page of this thread...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Hello all,

I just got denied at the embassy. Here is our chat with the VO

VO: goodmorning
We: goodmorning
Biometrics
VO: what are you going to do in the USA
Hubby: for vacation
VO: where
Hubby: houston texas
VO: madam where do you work
Me: RM at xxxxxxxxx
VO: sorry am having issues with my mike
Was trying to get that sorted
VO: sir wher do u work
Hubby: manager at so so so
Types for sometime
VO: any kids
Hubby: No
VO: sorry bla bla bla
No travel history no qstion on wre u will be staying nothing.

Dat was all....
We have been to UK, Dubai n Ghana togeda
What do you think went wrong?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 10, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:

Ok thank you ma.
cheesy cheesy cheesy ,you sha know say you go fill form and you go pay visa fees and schedule appointment that's all tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 10, 2016
lollynil:
Hello all,

Biometrics
Types for sometime

Dat was all....
I this your first application?
Really I can't tell what went wrong because you both have jobs and travel history, sorry about the refusal, how about the income aspect can you just state how much you earn maybe that's where he looked and also did you fill that you have family there? And also how many time have you been to the UK

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 10, 2016
Thanks for replying.
Hubby earns 255k after tax
I earn 175,500 after tax
Its our first time applying and av bin to uk once while hubby 2ce.
So i really dont understand at all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 10, 2016
And we dont av family dre at all....we did hotel reservation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Talk2MegaBoss(m): 9:45am On Feb 10, 2016
chloe7:
cheesy cheesy cheesy ,you sha know say you go fill form and you go pay visa fees and schedule appointment that's all tongue

Yes I know that. Please how do I get the form for a visit visa application and how much is the fee. I have been checking all the threads but havent come across were one can get the form please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 10, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:

Yes I know that. Please how do I get the form for a visit visa application and how much is the fee. I have been checking all the threads but havent come across were one can get the form please.
https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ this is the site to fill form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 10, 2016
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?country=Nigeria
This is the appointment scheduling site, go to Gtbank with international passport and 31,200 tell them you want to pay visa fees, they will attend to you, after paying they will give you a receipt, you will now go to the appointment scheduling site create an account and schedule your appointment wherever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:56am On Feb 10, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:

Start from the links on this thread's 1st page as recommended, and dig deeper from there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:04am On Feb 10, 2016
lollynil:
Hello all,

Biometrics
Types for sometime

Dat was all....
Most likely there's an info you guys are concealing somewhere that you think is all covered but VERY BARE to them. Has any of you been filed for ever before? Any sibling in the US you are deliberately denying? Who is traceable to you that previously misused a B1/B2 visa? The info used at other embassies (particularly that of Canada) may be far from what you are using here now too, several hidden factors may just be it. I believe this is happening because of an info you didn't volunteer them but they know of.... Very, very likely! Regards

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 10, 2016
Ladyguinivere, chloe7 how soon can we re apply. Also do u advise we apply together as we did or seperately. Also wat do you think we shld do differently as we wre plain in our application all tru
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 10, 2016
lollynil:
Ladyguinivere, chloe7 how soon can we re apply. Also do u advise we apply together as we did or seperately. Also wat do you think we shld do differently as we wre plain in our application all tru
still apply together again apply after something significant has changed in your circumstances and if you feel you were unjustly refused you can reapply immediately, also have you considered the reasons omobendel24 gave too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Most likely there's an info you guys are concealing somewhere that you think is all covered but VERY BARE to them. Has any of you been filed for ever before? Any sibling I the US you are deliberately denying? The info used at other embassies (particularly that of Canada) may be far from what you are using here now too several hidden factors may just be it. I believe this is happening because of an info you didn't volunteer them but they know of.... Very, very likely! Regards

Hello i appreciate your comment but to clarify things av never applied to any embassy except uk and now US same as hubby.we fill our forms by ourselves. I dont think dre ws any information we hid cuz dre wsnt any need to.

I was very shocked cuz we wre very truthful in our application n we had the travel history required.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2016
chloe7:
still apply together again apply after something significant has changed in your circumstances and if you feel you were unjustly refused you can reapply immediately, also have you considered the reasons omobendel24 gave too?

Thanks chloe7.

I really dont know what circumstance o as mayb its abt wen we av children and even den we will still apply as a family with d same information we provided n probably a better employment.

I really felt the guy refused us unjustly. We dont av a family member dre except of i dont no d person n we av never been filed for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2016
lollynil:

Thanks chloe7.

I really dont know what circumstance o as mayb its abt wen we av children and even den we will still apply as a family with d same information we provided n probably a better employment.

I really felt the guy refused us unjustly. We dont av a family member dre except of i dont no d person n we av never been filed for.
really couples who don't have children get visas really, so it's either you wait till you have kids or you reapply after sometime or immediately as you wish since you said there is no information you are concealing, but those men at the Lagos Consulate are really uptight
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 10, 2016
Summer15:

Are you serious with your question? You even narrow it down to Nigeria(ns).. Well
1. Nigeria economy is not good compared to foreign country like US the current thread you are right now
2. There is a lot of opportunity in Us than Nigeria.. Opportunities like good job, good education for your children
3. in foreign country like US, you can acquire generational wealth. that is, you an your generational shall lack no more
4. no traffic
5. constant electricity
6. enough food and water. no Lassa fever, no malaria
7. good roads.. no traffic from morning to night.

Mr man or Mrs woman the list is endless/ I shall sure update as i remember them... I will fast 40 days and 40 nights to get such a good life for me, my kids and generation. You better don't deceive your self...

lol, no traffic in America.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Talk2MegaBoss(m): 11:38am On Feb 10, 2016
chloe7:
https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ this is the site to fill form

Hello, thanks alot for your assistance. I have just finished the application and I was given a confirmation page that I was instructed to take for an interview. Please I saw where they stated I have to schedule an interview to continue the process, how can I go about this please and how much is the visa fee cus I couldn't find it when I was applying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 11:41am On Feb 10, 2016
Hello good morning
My story is long but interesting, I have applied for UK visa 3 times all refused...I had 2 stamps at the back of my passport in 2014,they didn't stamp the last refusal... that was in 2015 ,I went to Dubia once .in 2014 and once in 2015, I used Mexican visa to go to turkey, . late last year. When I got back from Dubia I applied for France visa , but was denied
Am a business Lady I have a registered cosmetics business I have been running for 3 years, so I like to buy my goods abroad
And after all my refusal I decided to try US, alot of people say US is hard,, but it's simple with confident
My cousin invited me to brooklyn newyork .
So my interview story begins.....
I left home by 4.30am only me driving from yaba; I was so scared..
I sha got into line after the whole wahala at the gate
I joined the queue, in my heart I keep saying. America is not heaven.....it's not a do or die issue.... everything is vanity , so let me just relax anyways
My transcript :7:30 i had my interview at window 8 the vip kind of window....
I was the first person to be interviewed in dat window
Vo: gudmorning pls pass ur passport
Me: I replied morning with a smile and handed him the document
Vo: flips thru my passport
Vo: you are going to brooklyn newyork
Me: yes
Vo: what are you going for?
Me:am going for holiday to visit my cousin (I paused) and added that I would also use the opportunity to shop for my upcoming wedding
Vo:what do you do?
Me : am a beautician. I have a beauty shop where I offer make up services .Spa services like microdermabrassion, oxygen therapy, and sometimes my clients come to the office to get their make up done before going for their events
Vo: ok nodding
Vo:you said you are engaged to be married when
Me: I said yes and my wedding is coming up on the 4th of june 2016
Vo: how long have you been doing the business
Me: for 3 years
Vo:are you seeking medical treatment
Me: not at all
Vo:do you know any other person apart from this ur cousin
Me: no
Vo:your visa has been approved pick it up 3 working days time

No document checked ... since I was a beautician I did my professional make up on my face , I dressed like a boss but still chicky, I wore a peplum top on Jean and sneakers
My advice look nice....
Visa is not a do or die so relaxrelax
It was God that directed me to that private room

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 10, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:

Hello, thanks alot for your assistance. I have just finished the application and I was given a confirmation page that I was instructed to take for an interview. Please I saw where they stated I have to schedule an interview to continue the process, how can I go about this please and how much is the visa fee cus I couldn't find it when I was applying.
read my previous posts you will find answers to your questions there. I already stated all these answers there already.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 11:50am On Feb 10, 2016
LagosNIV:

There may be, but you cant compare to lagos, I also think it depends on the state, I faced one in one highway to my hotel in Boston, chai!! it wasn't funny and that's how taxi meter counted up to 90 something $ right in my face. Also in the same Boston, people park their cars at the train station close to the hotel which was in the outskirt, take a train to back bay in downtown and repeat the same in the evening, I haven't seen anything close to that at least here in lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 10, 2016
LagosNIV:

Lagosniv Lagosniv I see you grin but really in the movies I see traffic in America esp NYC
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2016
sabrinaqueenzy:
Hello good morning
My story is long but interesting, I have applied for UK visa 3 times all refused...I had 2 stamps at the back of my passport in 2014,they didn't stamp the last refusal... that was in 2015 ,I went to Dubia once .in 2014 and once in 2015, I used Mexican visa to go to turkey, . late last year. When I got back from Dubia I applied for France visa , but was denied
Am a business Lady I have a registered cosmetics business I have been running for 3 years, so I like to buy my goods abroad
And after all my refusal I decided to try US, alot of people say US is hard,, but it's simple with confident
My cousin invited me to brooklyn newyork .
So many interview story begins.....
I left home by 4.30am only me driving from yaba; I was so scared..
I sha got into line after the whole wahala at the gate
I joined the queue, in my heart I keep saying. America is not heaven.....it's not a do or die issue.... everything is vanity , so let me just relax anyways
My transcript :7:30 i had my interview at window 8 the vip kind of window....
I was the first person to be interviewed in dat window
Vo: gudmorning pls pass ur passport
Me: I replied morning with a smile and handed him the document
Vo: flips thru my passport
Vo: you are going to brooklyn newyork
Me: yes
Vo: what are you going for?
Me:am going for holiday to visit my cousin (I paused) and added that I would also use the opportunity to shop for my upcoming wedding
Vo:what do you do?
Me : am a beautician. I have a beauty shop where I offer make up services .Spa services like microdermabrassion, oxygen therapy, and something my clients come to the office to get their make up done before going for their events
Vo: ok nodding
Vo:you said you are engaged to be married when
Me: I said yes and my wedding is coming up on the 4th of june 2016
Vo: how long have you been doing the business
Me: for 3 years
Vo:are you seeking medical treatment
Me: not at all
Vo:do you know any other person apart from this ur cousin
Me: no
Vo:your visa has been approved pick it up 3 working days time

No document checked ... since I was a beautician I did my professional make up on my face , I dressed like a boss but still chicky, I wore a peplum top on Jean and sneakers
My advice look nice....
Visa is not a do or die so relaxrelax
It was God that directed me to that private room

waooow! dats some goodnews! could state how much u stated as ur monthly income pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
Sabrinaqueenzy really I saw that door with windows 8 on top on brown security door I was wondering what was happening there lool, congratulations on your approval, also note that what the UK considers to issue a visa is not what the US considers to issue visa, people with US visas still get denied at the UK embassy too, the UK and schengen countries have a similar visa criteria for issue of an entry clearance. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.