Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534901 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
seyewest:

You will get 252k for Etihad this month and lower if you can check it at midnight.

Thanks so much. It seems Ethad does not fly houston and the cheapest rate for Quatar now is over 300k, it was formerly 259k. Fingers crossed though. I'm targeting Delta, united or Airfrance, BA is not bad though, it's 296k, but such a long flight
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
twingirls:

Thanks so much. It seems Ethad does not fly houston and the cheapest rate for Quatar now is over 300k, it was formerly 259k. Fingers crossed though. I'm targeting Delta, united or Airfrance, BA is not bad though, it's 296k, but such a long flight
Nwanne! It is like u like cheap thingz like me! cheesy
Promo must come! Or else! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Nwanne! It is like u like cheap thingz like me! cheesy
Promo must come! Or else! grin

Yes o! I'll hate the promo to come after buying my ticket. Imagine buying mine for 329 and the person sitting next to me buying hers for 95k, I go vex jor. So God help me wt my assignment

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2015
twingirls:

Yes o! I'll hate the promo to come after buying my ticket. Imagine buying mine for 329 and the person sitting next to me buying hers for 95k, I go vex jor. So God help me wt my assignment
Reason why I said you must stay awake from 11pm to 3am today.. go to wakanow.com and click on LOS-IAH and keep refreshing it till you will get cheap prices ranging from 170k - 230k
Try it and it must be today not tomorrow.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 11:14am On Oct 21, 2015
seyewest:

Reason why I said you must stay awake from 11pm to 3am today.. go to wakanow.com and click on LOS-IAH and keep refreshing it till you will get cheap prices ranging from 170k - 230k
Try it and it must be today not tomorrow.

Waow, tanks so much, will try the vigil today, the problem is wakanow has not been opening since Saturday, lemme try again now sef
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:54am On Oct 21, 2015
twingirls:

Waow, tanks so much, will try the vigil today, the problem is wakanow has not been opening since Saturday, lemme try again now sef
Use another browser or clear the cookies on your browser
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mortee: 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
salsera:

I don't know how this will go because it is deceit. Medical tourism is not a crime and it is a valid reason for travel so saying they did not ask at the interview or at poe if you were pregnant does not fly.
Your intent was to give birth but on your initial application it was vacation.
If you are pregnant again and that's the reason for this next trip then just be plain honest and tell the truth at the interview.

It went well:

Me: Good afternoon
VO: Good afternoon. Where are you traveling to in the US?
Me: Florida
VO: How long are you staying?
Me: 3 weeks
VO: Who is paying for this trip?
Me: My hubby
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's an IT Project Manager
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a copy editor. I work in a publishing firm.
VO: You stayed four months in the US the last time you traveled. Why?
Me: I stayed back to have my baby.
VO: How much did you pay in total?
Me: I paid the hospital --- and the doctor ---
VO: How much exactly?
Me: About ---, Paedietrician included.
VO: Can I see your receipts?
Me: (showed him)
VO: Do you intend to have another baby in the US during this trip?
Me: No, I'm not pregnant.
VO: What date did you have your baby in the US?
Me: March...2014
VO: Okay. Your visa has been approved. You can pick your passport at the DHL office on Monday. And keep your receipts well, you may be asked for them at the PoE.
Me: Thanks, ma'am!

(sang and danced out with my American toddler on my hand)

#thatsall

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
mortee:

It went well:

Me: Good afternoon
VO: Good afternoon. Where are you traveling to in the US?
Me: Florida
VO: How long are you staying?
Me: 3 weeks
VO: Who is paying for this trip?
Me: My hubby
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's an IT Project Manager
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a copy editor. I work in a publishing firm.
VO: You stayed four months in the US the last time you traveled. Why?
Me: I stayed back to have my baby.
VO: How much did you pay in total?
Me: I paid the hospital --- and the doctor ---
VO: How much exactly?
Me: About ---, Paedietrician included.
VO: Can I see your receipts?
Me: (showed him)
VO: Do you intend to have another baby in the US during this trip?
Me: No, I'm not pregnant.
VO: What date did you have your baby in the US?
Me: March...2014
VO: Okay. Your visa has been approved. You can pick your passport at the DHL office on Monday. And keep your receipts well, you may be asked for them at the PoE.
Me: Thanks, ma'am!

(sang and danced out with my American toddler on my hand)

#thatsall
Congrats. Good u paid everything. Safe trip. But if u wanna use that visa born again, mbok tell them!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Congrats. Good u paid everything. Safe trip. But if u wanna use that visa born again, mbok tell them!
What's Mbok? LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
seyewest:

What's Mbok? LadyG
Mbok is Efik for' Ejor!' , 'Biko!', ' Daala!', ' Abeg!' or in queen's english 'please'
cheesy grin
Obong u go pay me for this language lesson o! cheesy

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Mbok is Efik for' Ejor!' , 'Biko!', ' Daala!', ' Abeg!' or in queen's english 'please'
cheesy grin
Obong u go pay me for this language lesson o! cheesy
haaaaa Yes ooooo thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brightooooo: 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good Evening all, pls if you have interview by 9am, what time is the best to be at embassy? Thanks [quote author=LadyGuinivere post=39210Mbok is Efik for' Ejor!' , 'Biko!', ' Daala!', ' Abeg!' or in queen's english 'please'
cheesy grin
Obong u go pay me for this language lesson o! cheesy[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Angelsteveayika: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good evening everyone,,, pls I want done to guide me,,, I am a novice, I have no idea on how to apply for a U.S visiting visa, not to talk of knowing strategy to become successful in my interview with VO,.. I have a friend who is about to send me invitation, she is a U.S citizen, she's an army officer,.. All I want to know is how to overcome this difficult interview, also the right time to apply for it, cos she wants me to come for Christmas.. So pls sorry for writing the long, but am in dare need of you people's advice.. Thank you very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
Angelsteveayika:
Good evening everyone,,, pls I want done to guide me,,, I am a novice, I have no idea on how to apply for a U.S visiting visa, not to talk of knowing strategy to become successful in my interview with VO,.. I have a friend who is about to send me invitation, she is a U.S citizen, she's an army officer,.. All I want to know is how to overcome this difficult interview, also the right time to apply for it, cos she wants me to come for Christmas.. So pls sorry for writing the long, but am in dare need of you people's advice.. Thank you very much
Eyaaa. Lucky for u. Somebody did a compressed lecture on page 1. And also on this very page, frontpagelawyer also did a summation.so happy reading.

@Bright 7am should be ok na.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mortee: 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Definitely! Lesson fully learnt now. Thanks a lot, sis. Good luck to everyone looking for a visa too.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brightooooo: 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Eyaaa. Lucky for u. Somebody did a compressed lecture on page 1. And also on this very page, frontpagelawyer also did a summation.so happy reading.

@Bright 7am should be ok na.
okay thanks a whole lot, am even thinking of 8am
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fourfunmi: 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
Lady G... Nice job here...
Biko try enter Uk thread make you see wetin/who I see...
No be only my eyes go see our well-learned pastor/Ghana trip-agent bros beg to know "what his chances are" plus "what application center did you subimt/v.o cubicle"
#crawls back
Signed...Minority leader of...#winks(you know na)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
fourfunmi:
Lady G... Nice job here...
Biko try enter Uk thread make you see wetin/who I see...
No be only my eyes go see our well-learned pastor/Ghana trip-agent bros beg to know "what his chances are" plus "what application center did you subimt/v.o cubicle"
#crawls back
Signed...Minority leader of...#winks(you know na)
Hahahahaha! Pastor 'it is well' .you no hepp am? Make I go look. cheesy
Vo and cubicle kwa? In UK visa Thread?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fourfunmi: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
me kwa? wetin consain me? na kuku gbeborun/aproko carry me go there
LadyGuinivere:

Hahahahaha! Pastor 'it is well' .you no hepp am? Make I go look. cheesy
Vo and cubicle kwa? In UK visa Thread?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vickero: 4:52am On Oct 22, 2015
Hello Guys.Pls I need advices and explanations ooo.Myself,wife and son Went to the embasyy today(abuja) and they took our passports and told us we wld be going through administrative processing.What actually happened was we (the 3 of us)had gotten this visa back in 2010 but didn't use it.So today when were leaving d house cos of the rush cos we were already late, we forgot the old passport and visa's on it,thooo the passport and visa's had expired.So,when we realised this we were already at d embasy,I quickly went to one of them biz centers at d embassy and printed out the visa pages cos I already have them in my inbox.When it was time for the interview we went forward and we gave the VO our passports.She checked her computer and said oh..u guys have traveled to the US before and I said no,but we have been issued the visa before and we didn't go ,i then handed her the copies she typed and asked if we have travelled outside naija before I told her yes cos before we got d first visa we had gone to SA.She asked why we didnn't use the Visa,I told her my mom got ill I needed to be arrd to see to her,inbtw I got busy with work and my wife changed jobs while still considering our son too cos the timing had to be right for all three of us.She then took the passports and photocopy away and came back.She then began again and asked what I do and asked my wife what she does and where we were visiting,how many days we be spending.We answered all these questions the way we filled them in our DS160 form..She then went back in again and finally came out and asked if we stayed far and how many minutes drive back home maybe we cld go home and get d passports.I told her it wld take abt 30 to 45 mins and said nothing. She then went in again and came out and said we shld wait that another VO will come and interview seperately.We waited for abt 6hrs when I was called into a closed cubicle alone(in booth 3 if u have been to d abuja embassy) .A male guy with a very straight face came in and asked if we have travelled to the US before I said No,He asked why we did nt use d visa I told him d same story...buh just a bit further to explain to him and he asked what are we going for again dis time I told him Vacation with my family.all these he was writting down ooo.He then asked what date my mom died cos I told him she died 6months after we got d visa.I told him what date am sure he was trying to find out if it checked out with the six months I told him from d time we got d visa.He then got a yellow paper and told me we wld be going thru administrative processing took our passports and my phone number and said they will be contacting me soonn.Na so we see am today.Guys I need ur input ooooo and what wld happen ooo?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 22, 2015
@vickero as long as your visa is genuine and you don't give conflicting stories, no need to be worried. It will come out nicely. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by favoredgal: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2015
twingirls:

Hope houston will start getting cheaper too, wonder why JFK is the cheapest, looking out for Houston ticket, in case any one come across a good one.

East coast is generally closer...you know america is big

Have you bought ticket? im wondering if i should just buy or wait till Nov 1st at least. sent you a dm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2015
mortee:
Hello house. I hope this is the right place to ask this. I applied for my US visa renewal through Drop-box last week Thursday. Only to receive a call today asking me to come for an interview on Wednesday.

I got my first visa in 2013 and traveled to have my baby in the US. I spent about 4 months then. I was not asked if I was pregnant or intended to have my baby during the previous interview, neither was I asked at the PoE and I didn't volunteer the information too. Could this be the reason for needing to go for an interview before my visa is renewed? I have receipts of my medical bills and a letter of non-indebtedness too.

Who else has experienced this before and any suggestions on what to expect at the interview?
So was ur visa renewed?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babajoeus: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
In al the glory is to God cos after all said it could av only been him dat made my visa approval possible.I av asked him days before my appointment date to do it for me.it was my 3rd appearance in 3years.I just had a feeling to change wat I use to look like in my previous interview appearances.Just wouldn't go on suit dis time.just smart in shirt,tie and trouser and a nice low cut hairstyle.no lies the post here on nairaland added to my preparation.it was a visit visa and I had gotten it since september.I have not had time to learn how to make post here evasince until now.and to others who may av been denied a visit visa times before now u may try again.just say as much truth as u can and above all just hang it on God as a child will do to his father.remember it is not of him that willet nor him that runneth but of God that showeth mercy.find below my flow but its in no particular order
Me:goodmorning and welldone.
Vo:goodmorning,where in d us are u going.
Me:newyork
Vo:what for
Me:vacation.
Vo:wat do u do
Me:an officer @ so so company
Vo:how much is ur salary
Me:xxxxxxxx
Vo:how long do u intend to stay
Me:a week
Vo:av u travelled before
Me:not really
Vo:are u married
Me:yes
Vo:wat does ur wife do
Me:she does so so so
Vo:have u kids
Me:yes,2 of them
Vo was typing all along as we discussed she just looked at me intermittently but more at the system.after her last question she continued her gaze on the computer this time more carefully,typing and using the mouse at the same time and finally and reluctantly she said congratulations ur visa has been approved.she then picked up a white paper as against the blue dat I av collected twice,circled and address on it which is where I went to pick up my passport/visa 3 days after.
Goodluck to us all
Any one who is well informed abt ticketing issues and fares to d us should pls help me out. Oo the airline options available, the cost and all,Thanks

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
vickero:
Hello Guys.Pls I need advices and explanations ooo.Myself,wife and son Went to the embasyy today(abuja) and they took our passports and told us we wld be going through administrative processing.What actually happened was we (the 3 of us)had gotten this visa back in 2010 but didn't use it.So today when were leaving d house cos of the rush cos we were already late, we forgot the old passport and visa's on it,thooo the passport and visa's had expired.So,when we realised this we were already at d embasy,I quickly went to one of them biz centers at d embassy and printed out the visa pages cos I already have them in my inbox.When it was time for the interview we went forward and we gave the VO our passports.She checked her computer and said oh..u guys have traveled to the US before and I said no,but we have been issued the visa before and we didn't go ,i then handed her the copies she typed and asked if we have travelled outside naija before I told her yes cos before we got d first visa we had gone to SA.She asked why we didnn't use the Visa,I told her my mom got ill I needed to be arrd to see to her,inbtw I got busy with work and my wife changed jobs while still considering our son too cos the timing had to be right for all three of us.She then took the passports and photocopy away and came back.She then began again and asked what I do and asked my wife what she does and where we were visiting,how many days we be spending.We answered all these questions the way we filled them in our DS160 form..She then went back in again and finally came out and asked if we stayed far and how many minutes drive back home maybe we cld go home and get d passports.I told her it wld take abt 30 to 45 mins and said nothing. She then went in again and came out and said we shld wait that another VO will come and interview seperately.We waited for abt 6hrs when I was called into a closed cubicle alone(in booth 3 if u have been to d abuja embassy) .A male guy with a very straight face came in and asked if we have travelled to the US before I said No,He asked why we did nt use d visa I told him d same story...buh just a bit further to explain to him and he asked what are we going for again dis time I told him Vacation with my family.all these he was writting down ooo.He then asked what date my mom died cos I told him she died 6months after we got d visa.I told him what date am sure he was trying to find out if it checked out with the six months I told him from d time we got d visa.He then got a yellow paper and told me we wld be going thru administrative processing took our passports and my phone number and said they will be contacting me soonn.Na so we see am today.Guys I need ur input ooooo and what wld happen ooo?

They will issue you the visa all they need is to verify when the previous US visa was issue and why you travelled to South Africa and did not visit USA. It's an ego thing in my own opinion and you should have informed them you won't be able to use the visa before the expiration date.
All the same be prayerful all is well IJN.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
babajoeus:
In al the glory is to God cos after all said it could av only been him dat made my visa approval possible.I av asked him days before my appointment date to do it for me.it was my 3rd appearance in 3years.I just had a feeling to change wat I use to look like in my previous interview appearances.Just wouldn't go on suit dis time.just smart in shirt,tie and trouser and a nice low cut hairstyle.no lies the post here on nairaland added to my preparation.it was a visit visa and I had gotten it since september.I have not had time to learn how to make post here evasince until now.and to others who may av been denied a visit visa times before now u may try again.just say as much truth as u can and above all just hang it on God as a child will do to his father.remember it is not of him that willet nor him that runneth but of God that showeth mercy.find below my flow but its in no particular order
Me:goodmorning and welldone.
Vo:goodmorning,where in d us are u going.
Me:newyork
Vo:what for
Me:vacation.
Vo:wat do u do
Me:an officer @ so so company
Vo:how much is ur salary
Me:xxxxxxxx
Vo:how long do u intend to stay
Me:a week
Vo:av u travelled before
Me:not really
Vo:are u married
Me:yes
Vo:wat does ur wife do
Me:she does so so so
Vo:have u kids
Me:yes,2 of them
Vo was typing all along as we discussed she just looked at me intermittently but more at the system.after her last question she continued her gaze on the computer this time more carefully,typing and using the mouse at the same time and finally and reluctantly she said congratulations ur visa has been approved.she then picked up a white paper as against the blue dat I av collected twice,circled and address on it which is where I went to pick up my passport/visa 3 days after.
Goodluck to us all
Any one who is well informed abt ticketing issues and fares to d us should pls help me out. Oo the airline options available, the cost and all,Thanks

Congrats bro and hopefully mine too will gel and others too... about ticketing just be vigilant and check for prices at night.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
seyewest:

Congrats bro and hopefully mine too will gel and others too... about ticketing just be vigilant and check for prices at night.

Bros don't dull yourself Etihad Airways 198k LOS-JFK Nov1st
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
twingirls:

Don't dull yourself Etihad Airways 198k LOS-JFK Nov 1st
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
seyewest:

Don't worry, it will be a success, pray, pray, prepare and be honest.

As for the ticket, no show o, d price remains the. Same despite my midnight search, I'm praying for Delta or United promo now cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
twingirls:

Don't worry, it will be a success, pray, pray, prepare and be honest.

As for the ticket, no show o, d price remains the. Same despite my midnight search, I'm praying for Delta or United promo now cheesy
I just checked wakanow.com and Etihad is less than 200k don't miss it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
seyewest:

I just checked wakanow.com and Etihad is less than 200k don't miss it.

To Houston? I doubt they fly that route

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93