Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1576926 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2015
sakibuyomi:

Yes thank u. He is legally divourced in Nigeria, in fact , it was his first wife that divorced him and I'm quite aware of this. Actually, his first wife got to know about his relationship with me, coupled with some other things, that made her divorced him.
However, we are determined to get married here in the US when he arrives, and I will file for him once we have our marriage certificate here, but I still want to ask if after our marriage, he has to go back to Nigeria, or can he stay with me here for the process of his adjustment of status ? He is really afraid of not to break the US immigration rules by staying with me after our marriage for me do the fillings for him, he insists on returning back to Nigeria, pls assist me. Can he stay with me even after his 6 months duration giving to him at the POE expires ? Thanks
Hey my suggestion is that it will be better for you to be married in Nigeria first before doing it in the U.S. after that you can both go ahead with filing for him in the U.S mind you it's important you fly to Nigeria to to tie the knot... Are you a U.S citizen?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2015
seyewest:

Hey my suggestion is that it will be better for you to be married in Nigeria first before doing it in the U.S. after that you can both go ahead with filing for him in the U.S mind you it's important you fly to Nigeria to to tie the knot... Are you a U.S citizen?

It does not matter, they can marry in u.s. she just needs to go to the county municipal court and book the date and a judge will be appointed to wed them.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sakibuyomi: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
cozybunch:

It does not matter, they can marry in u.s. she just needs to go to the county municipal court and book the date and a judge will be appointed to wed them.

Good Luck
I am a US citizen, became a citizen through birth. My parents are citizens too, tho they are Nigerians as well from Ekiti State

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
@Veleta thanks dear
God bless us all. Pele o! But I'm not here to hold anybody's hand or pat anybody on the back. I try to help. Sincerely. For those that think I'm brusque or rude, issorai!

@Daa sorry for the refusal. IMO, your refusal was based on what I'll term "almost there syndrome'
Almost married- nothing concrete
Family business- can easily be handed off to the next family Member
No kid. So inshort nothing to really tie u down.
I advise u wait until u actually Get married. If u indeed get married that december 5, then that will be awesome as it l show consistency.
Ehe! Wedding shopping? The VO could think that u can order and send down
Happymarried life

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DebsMed: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 2 of this thread, part 1 is now boggy and too long for newbies to read through. (Although the info there is priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.
Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

Thank you.

Lady G for General (5 star!). cheesy
In fairness to LadyG, she's doing a whole lot here and should be appreciated.... We all should be mindful of the fact that nobody is paying anybody for the "work" they do here!

All the same, I think every newbie here will almost compulsorily ask some basic question, and this keeps popping up on virtually all the pages on this thread which to a large extent may become quite irritating to the ones expected to answer and those actually answering such questions. A seemingly good solution to this will be to go back to the first page, first and introductory post of this part 2 (which is quoted above, I believe more needs to be put in there still) and explain it all there EXHAUSTIVELY. LadyG, kindly go back to it and do a little bit of update on it.

There, make directional statement on "those questions" (how do I start/go about my application, what documents do I need, what are my chances of getting a visa, questions to expect, etc) and how newbies/old-timers will need to go through previous comments on both Parts 1 and 2 (almost all the answers to the basic questions are already handled therein) of these threads. If Nairalanders subsequently ask those questions, simply refer them back to the opening comment as amended, basically. No quarrels! Na just to dey send dem back go that post in case dem continue to dey form deaf and dumb, na so I see am oh.... Or you fit kukuma bone the person afterwards sef!

I genuinely sometimes wonder how the VOs on this and other threads put up with those questions over and over again, but they are (by reason of their training I presume), and I wish they too will adopt this suggested model above.... Greetings y'all!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daaz001: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@Veleta thanks dear
God bless us all. Pele o! But I'm not here to hold anybody's hand or pat anybody on the back. I try to help. Sincerely. For those that think I'm brusque or rude, issorai!

@Daa sorry for the refusal. IMO, your refusal was based on what I'll term "almost there syndrome'
Almost married- nothing concrete
Family business- can easily be handed off to the next family Member
No kid. So inshort nothing to really tie u down.
I advise u wait until u actually Get married. If u indeed get married that december 5, then that will be awesome as it l show consistency.
Ehe! Wedding shopping? The VO could think that u can order and send down
Happymarried life

Thanks @ Lady G

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veleta: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
@Lady G, ur welcome my dear.please continue the good work and lest I forget, ur maturity is awesome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
DebsMed:

In fairness to LadyG, she's doing a whole lot here and should be appreciated.... We all should be mindful of the fact that nobody is paying anybody for the "work" they do here!

All the same, I think every newbie here will almost compulsorily ask some basic question, and this keeps popping up on virtually all the pages on this thread which to a large extent may become quite irritating to the ones expected to answer and those actually answering such questions. A seemingly good solution to this will be to go back to the first page, first and introductory post of this part 2 (which is quoted above, I believe more needs to be put in there still) and explain it all there EXHAUSTIVELY. LadyG, kindly go back to it and do a little bit of update on it.

There, make directional statement on "those questions" (how do I start/go about my application, what documents do I need, what are my chances of getting a visa, questions to expect, etc) and how newbies/old-timers will need to go through previous comments on both Parts 1 and 2 (almost all the answers to the basic questions are already handled therein) of these threads. If Nairalanders subsequently ask those questions, simply refer them back to the opening comment as amended, basically. No quarrels! Na just to dey send dem back go that post in case dem continue to dey form deaf and dumb, na so I see am oh.... Or you fit kukuma bone the person afterwards sef!

I genuinely sometimes wonder how the VOs on this and other threads put up with those questions over and over again, but they are (by reason of their training I presume), and I wish they too will adopt this suggested model above.... Greetings y'all!
Nwanne m. Thank u. But as u said, I'm not trained on patience. This is a hobby. And when I say read back, its cos I believe there's gain in it. I speak as one bounced by US, UK and Canada ... No be one time o. But I settled down and learnt. If people keep on answering questions like 'how do I apply for visa' when its succintly stated on the site then we will doing them a disservice (my opinion as always)
Truly, how can one wanna apply for visa and not wanna run down the steps contained on the said country's site? If I pull up the replies I got 4 years ago when I applied sef...
So thanks for the suggestion but I no fit.
A kinder spirit can. Na learn me still de learn.

Both documents needed and steps are on the US site and google can answer it.
Peace. Mind u. I speak not in pride or a sense of privelege.
cheesy Thanks Veleta . I'm a Lady. I kuku go swiss finishing school sef ! Lol

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DebsMed: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hey!!! Kikikikiki.... No, not at all @LadyG. Good afternoon Sis, I understand you quite alright. That isn't in any way what I'm advocating at all, people sure need to dig deep if they want to reach or do something tangible, that's why you just wouldn't pick gold or diamond on the surface of the earth like that, it is hidden deep for a reason. What I'm saying is, instead of answering such questions as they come, refer them to that upgraded introductory post and in it they will find all the "dig deep" advise.

In essence they should be made to understand clearly in that introductory post that the answer to all those questions (spell the much of the questions out there and keep upgrading them as the need arises) are inside both threads, and they should search for them within, that nobody will really entertain/answer such questions from/for them. After study comes exams, and after exams comes promotion! If such an individual insist on having it via the shortcut way, you either keep referring him/her back there or you just ignore. It is actually for their good anyways!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
sakibuyomi:

I am a US citizen, became a citizen through birth. My parents are citizens too, tho they are Nigerians as well from Ekiti State

Am a U.S citizen too. Being here too long to pass through all processes. Not here to go back and forth on something I know too well.

Good Luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
DebsMed:
Hey!!! Kikikikiki.... No, not at all @LadyG. Good afternoon Sis, I understand you quite alright. That isn't in any way what I'm advocating at all, people sure need to dig deep if they want to reach or do something tangible, that's why you just wouldn't pick gold or diamond on the surface of the earth like that, it is hidden deep for a reason. What I'm saying is, instead of answering such questions as they come, refer them to that upgraded introductory post and in it they will find all the "dig deep" advise.

In essence they should be made to understand clearly in that introductory post that the answer to all those questions (spell the much of the questions out there and keep upgrading them as the need arises) are inside both threads, and they should search for them within, that nobody will really entertain/answer such questions from/for them. After study comes exams, and after exams comes promotion! If such an individual insist on having it via the shortcut way, you either keep referring him/her back there or you just ignore. It is actually for their good anyways!
After listening to a preacher now on holiness, I will do as u said so I won't be held by God as being wicked.
I'll put the link for the US embassy
Link for documents and FAQS
I hope say I don try
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 2 of this thread, part 1 is now boggy and too long for newbies to read through. (Although the info there is priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.
Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

For contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html
Thank you.

Lady G for General (5 star!). cheesy
CC:Debsmed

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DebsMed: 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

CC:Debsmed

Aha!!! Gbamest! cool.... You could just add something like "for enquiries relating to likely interview questions and your chances of obtaining a US visa, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions too as no one can effectively and clearly answer that one for you here". What do you think of such a line? Just play with words, dazzol!

Thanks at LadyG.... We sabi say you know your onions Sis! Coolu Coolu better person
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mortee: 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hello house. I hope this is the right place to ask this. I applied for my US visa renewal through Drop-box last week Thursday. Only to receive a call today asking me to come for an interview on Wednesday.

I got my first visa in 2013 and traveled to have my baby in the US. I spent about 4 months then. I was not asked if I was pregnant or intended to have my baby during the previous interview, neither was I asked at the PoE and I didn't volunteer the information too. Could this be the reason for needing to go for an interview before my visa is renewed? I have receipts of my medical bills and a letter of non-indebtedness too.

Who else has experienced this before and any suggestions on what to expect at the interview?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
The five star General dey para!!

But seriously, a simple google search on" US visa application in Nigeria" will do.

Personally I do this:

Paste the link below on your browser

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp

Screw down and you'll see "The Form DS-160 is online here"

Find your Location

Then click on "start an application" you'll get your application ID

Follow the instruction to apply.

I normally pause to schedule appointment before completing DS 160 form.

To schedule Appointment

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Click on " schedule appointment"

If it's your first time of applying for a US visa, you'll have to register as new user and immediately you'll see the first appointment date. Following the Instruction and remember you'll need your DS 160 to schedule an appointment. Input your application ID, follow instruction and select a date.

Just play with the site and come back here for more complex queries.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
DebsMed:

Aha!!! Gbamest! cool.... You could just add something like "for enquiries relating to likely interview questions and your chances of obtaining a US visa, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions too as no one can effectively and clearly answer that one for you here". What do you think of such a line? Just play with words, dazzol!

Thanks at LadyG.... We sabi say you know your onions Sis! Coolu Coolu better person
God bless u o! cheesy Edited and done!at your service Ma! cheesy

@FPL I will cite u for contempt o!lolz

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
The five star General dey para!!

But seriously, a simple google search on" US visa application in Nigeria" will do.

Personally I do this:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp

Screw down and you'll see "The Form DS-160 is online here"

Find your Location

Then click on "start an application" you'll get your application ID

Follow the instruction to apply.

I normally pause to schedule appointment before completing DS 160 form.

To schedule Appointment

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Click on " schedule appointment"

If it's your first time of applying for a US visa, you'll have to register as new user and immediately you'll see the first appointment date. Following the Instruction and remember you'll need your DS 160 to schedule an appointment. Input your application ID, follow instruction and select a date.

Just play with the site and come back here for more complex queries.
A1 abi na distinction! Nothing do u.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
mortee:
Hello house. I hope this is the right place to ask this. I applied for my US visa renewal through Drop-box last week Thursday. Only to receive a call today asking me to come for an interview on Wednesday.

I got my first visa in 2013 and traveled to have my baby in the US. I spent about 4 months then. I was not asked if I was pregnant or intended to have my baby during the previous interview, neither was I asked at the PoE and I didn't volunteer the information too. Could this be the reason for needing to go for an interview before my visa is renewed? I have receipts of my medical bills and a letter of non-indebtedness too.

Who else has experienced this before and any suggestions on what to expect at the interview?
Right thread. U can also ask on the birthing thread.
The issue is actually common. Last page has exactly the same scenario by a poster. They aren't satisfied u paid completely (I assume)
Go with all your reciepts of payment and gbogbo e. Also since u didn't disclose during the interview and poe,they wanna know if you are pregnant again. So better go prepared as if its your ist interview_back statements and all.

In retrospect, u should have disclosed to prevent this issue. But if u paid up, you are golden.
Good luck and plz post your transcript

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

A1 abi na distinction! Nothing do u.

Iron LadyG you're too much jare. God bless your good work.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sakibuyomi: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
cozybunch:

Am a U.S citizen too. Being here too long to pass through all processes. Not here to go back and forth on something I know too well.

Good Luck
How do u mean ? I don't understand u pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mortee: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Right thread. U can also ask on the birthing thread.
The issue is actually common. Last page has exactly the same scenario by a poster. They aren't satisfied u paid completely (I assume)
Go with all your reciepts of payment and gbogbo e. Also since u didn't disclose during the interview and poe,they wanna know if you are pregnant again. So better go prepared as if its your ist interview_back statements and all.

In retrospect, u should have disclosed to prevent this issue. But if u paid up, you are golden.
Good luck and plz post your transcript

Thanks, sis. I paid for everything and have my receipts and all. I'll sure give a feedback to the house when I'm back with the good news.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2015
Etihad Airways LOS-JFK N209K
Don't miss it my people.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 20, 2015
mortee:

Thanks, sis. I paid for everything and have my receipts and all. I'll sure give a feedback to the house when I'm back with the good news.

I don't know how this will go because it is deceit. Medical tourism is not a crime and it is a valid reason for travel so saying they did not ask at the interview or at poe if you were pregnant does not fly.
Your intent was to give birth but on your initial application it was vacation.
If you are pregnant again and that's the reason for this next trip then just be plain honest and tell the truth at the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
cozybunch:

Good Luck
From what I know you can not get married on B1/B2 visa in the U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oktommy: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
My good people I greet all of una...today at the US lagos embassy no be small things...na just questions the the consular man asked me...vo...what's are you going for.....me...vacation.......vo..how many days....me...7days..na so them shop my visa fee...I dey think say may be na becuz I went there alone...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by twingirls: 2:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
seyewest:
Etihad Airways LOS-JFK N209K
Don't miss it my people.

Hope houston will start getting cheaper too, wonder why JFK is the cheapest, looking out for Houston ticket, in case any one come across a good one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
twingirls:

Hope houston will start getting cheaper too, wonder why JFK is the cheapest, looking out for Houston ticket, in case any one come across a good one.
You will get 252k for Etihad this month and lower if you can check it at midnight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
oktommy:
My good people I greet all of una...today at the US lagos embassy no be small things...na just questions the the consular man asked me...vo...what's are you going for.....me...vacation.......vo..how many days....me...7days..na so them shop my visa fee...I dey think say may be na becuz I went there alone...

Bro please can you be clearer with the way the VO interviewed you so that we can learn one or two things.
Thank you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
seyewest:

You will get 252k for Etihad this month and lower if you can check it at midnight.
Qatar Airways is even cheaper at N244K this month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 2unzy(f): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
Gudday everyone...pls who knows how good royal air maroc..airline is....from LOS-JFK...thks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
seyewest:

From what I know you can not get married on B1/B2 visa in the U.S

Not true, bro.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oktommy: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
seyewest:

Bro please can you be clearer with the way the VO interviewed you so that we can learn one or two things.
Thank you.
I don't really know na so them refused so many people today 2 or 3 questions after that na blue papar...abeg make lady G clear on this how US embassy they issue visa..

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.