Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car (18214 Views)

7 Most Common Misconceptions About Fuel Efficiency / Ways To Improve Your Car’s Fuel Efficiency / Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by auhanson(m): 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
tiimms:
Can the diesel flush work on Honda cars especially v6 cars?

Of course it does. Have had examples of Honda cars
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by shortgun(m): 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
I am going to try the engine flush when next I will do oil change.

my Benz is a 3.7lrt V6 W203, I normally used about 7lrt of engine oil for serving.

Should I use the 7lrt of diesel for the engine flush?
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
shortgun:
I am going to try the engine flush when next I will do oil change.

my Benz is a 3.7lrt V6 W203, I normally used about 7lrt of engine oil for serving.

Should I use the 7lrt of diesel for the engine flush?

What is the current mileage on your engine, and how dirty is the oil?
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by shortgun(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Siena:

What is the current mileage on your engine, and how dirty is the oil?
truth is that I bought the car from a friend and the only thing I see on the dash display is 300 and sometin miles after RESET.

This shows that the Odometer has been tampered with.
The car lags sometimes but moves smoothly most of the time.

I know for sure that the previous owner has a bad maintenance culture.

aside the lagging every other thing works perfectly.

I am very happy sir that u have interest in my Case.
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 03, 2016
I would only perform an engine flush in extreme cases, especially on a very dirty engine, that's close to death. Flushing a healthy engine can cause more problems than it solves. Loss of oil pressure being the main one.

1 Like

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Burger01(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nicesmiley
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by princemillla(m): 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
I love this mehn.. .. Thank Bro, but this ur diesel oil, where can one get it?
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by xreal: 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Too many important videos to watch on this thread.

Abeg, I will come ba ck whe NEPA bring light and when network is good.
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by lezz(m): 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
auhanson:
The intake valves and the heat from the engine can cause fuel sprayed from your injectors to dry up and create accumulated deposits on top of them. This deposits on top of the intake valves can then absorb incoming fuel and rob the engine of it power over time.

Another direct cause of lost of power in engines are accumulated deposits that occurs in the actual combustion chamber, when carbon deposits form as a byproduct of the air and fuel combustion reducing its efficiency. These deposit can travel to other areas of the engine and cause a lot of issues to your car, including hesitation and stalling if left unattended to especially in German cars coupled with bad fuel(non Premium fuel)

Therefore, it is necessary to always clean out your engine once in a while. Removing these engine deposit may include pouring some additives into you fuel tank;manually cleaning some parts of your engine such as :

1)fuel injectors and throttle bodies(Fuel injectors are so tiny that a clog of only tiny deposit can induce stalling, engine hesitation or loss of power)

2)Throttle bodies (You'll need to remove the emissions hoses, intake air hose, sensor wires and anything else connected to your car's air intake in order to clean this parts manually)

2)intake valves (Deposit here can cause hesitation and stalling)

3)Combustion chambers (deposits here can raise the octane requirement of the engine and even cause premature fuel detonation, making your car very inefficient that "chop you great fuel"wink

4) Your engine (Not all deposit in your engine are caught by your engine oil filter. If these particles become excessive, it can gummed up and form sludge and gunk which clean oil alone can't flush them out. But the chemicals used in an engine flush will be able to do these to stop further wear and tear allowing fresh oil to move through tiny crevices and crankcase of your engine)

An engine flush removes the gunk, which keeps the parts running smoothly. That in turn can make the engine more efficient, bringing the power and fuel efficiency closer to what the car had when it left the factory. In very old cars, however, the engine flush might clean these piston rings, valves, and other parts a little too well. Sometimes, the gunk acts as spackle in non-metallic parts like rubber seals that have cracked with age. Cleaning out the gunk exposes those cracks, and the weakness of those parts becomes apparent.

View this example of cheap/affordable but very effective engine flush. Please note that this is not Mercedes Benz nor any manufacturers standard , but it works. It worked for my 1994 Benz c180 and my 2004 ML 500 which i just did recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK33EHlk_M0

Additives will vary based on the type of engine, what they're cleaning and how often they should be used. Just make sure you follow the instructions properly.

Thanks Op for this. Can you please give us any name of engine flush product we could use ?
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Omolewu(m): 1:41am On Jan 05, 2016
Reasons why the solar energy business in Nigeria will become a trillion-dollar market:
We’ve got a couple of strong reasons why we believe solar energy will power Nigeria’s future.
It’s absolutely important that entrepreneurs understand the factors that are driving the demand for solar products and services in Nigeria. This will better help you to apply your creativity and sound judgment to any business ideas that come to your mind during or after reading this.
Here are our reasons for betting on solar power’s lucrative potentials in Nigeria’s future…
#1 – Solar energy is the fastest and cheapest way to light up Nigeria
Thousands of villages in Nigeria are so remote and too spread apart that it would take decades and billions of investment dollars to take electricity to all corners of our dear country.
Small towns and villages that were not considered a priority by governments now have a huge demand for electricity. Mobile phones, which have been widely successful in Nigeria, have changed the profile of power consumption in Nigeria.
The mobile phone revolution is forcing millions of poor Nigerians to demand for electricity. More people now depend on their mobile phones to contact relatives, obtain general news and information about farm product prices, and make/receive small money transfers.
Nigeria does not have the kind of investment and political commitment it will require to connect every corner of the country to the power grid,unless we want to be deceiving ourselves. It’s already too late, no matter how fast this is done.
What Nigeria needs now is an alternative that is cheap, easy to deploy, decentralized and effective enough to provide electricity to millions of people in the shortest possible time. Solar power is the only option that satisfies all these requirements!
Of all the other alternative and renewable sources of energy available for Nigeria’s future – wind, sun and water – the sun (solar power) is the most abundant and free!
Because most of Africa sits on the earth’s equator, the sun’s radiation reaches many parts of the continent including the remotest parts – villages, mountain tops, anywhere and everywhere! This raw energy already touches the parts of the country that power grids and infrastructure have still not reached – after many decades!
#2 – The demand for cleaner and greener alternative power sources is gaining momentum
A significant portion of electricity generated on our soil is from non-renewable sources like petrol, natural gas, coal and other fossil fuels. These fuels remain expensive and have dangerous effects on our health, the environment and climate.
In fact, at the current rate of consumption and population growth, Nigeria’s estimated petroleum reserves (roughly 60 billion barrels) is not likely to last for very long.
Africa’s solar power potential is so huge and has the capacity to generate and supply electricity to Europe and other parts of the world in the near future.
For those who don’t know, Africa’s solar revolution has already started!
Google, one of the world’s most successful multi-billion dollar corporations recently invested $12 million in the Jasper Power Plant, a South African solar project. This solar plant is planned to supply nearly 100 Mega Watts of clean energy to the country.
There are also other huge multi-billion dollar investments like the DESERTEC project that plans to set up solar farms in vast areas of the Sahara desert and supply Europe with the generated electricity.
These ambitious and high investment projects prove that solar energy will power the future; and Africa will be the major source of it!
#3 – The cost of buying and installing solar power equipment is falling
Despite all the cool things we’ve said about solar power, it has not spread as fast as expected because of its cost.
The high upfront cost of solar equipment has made it difficult to compete against other sources of power.
Investing in solar energy may have a lot of benefits and save lots of money in the long term, but many Nigerian families can simply not afford the high initial capital.
However, all of this is changing. Over the last decade, a lot of progress has been made in solar technology – making it cheaper, reliable and more efficient. As a result, solar power equipment prices have been falling, and are now within the reach of many Nigerians.
The scale and wonder of Chinese manufacturing is also helping to bring down prices. US and European makers of solar equipment have been facing stiff competition from Chinese solar products.
What can we say – ordinary people get to win in the end as these competitive forces push down prices.
In addition to lower manufacturing costs, Nigerian government has started removing the high import tariffs and levies that helped to make solar panels and equipment expensive in local markets.
In fact, several suppliers now offer flexible financing options that allow people to pay a small fee every month to cover the cost of the equipment and installation. This Pay-As-You-Go strategy is paying off as millions of households can now afford solar power through these little payments.
We are almost at the point where the average cost of solar energy falls below kerosene, petrol, charcoal and other common fuels currently used to produce electricity. As a result of this, it is expected that more people will naturally shift to using solar power full-time!
Compiled by staad power systems ventures{Installation service contractors i.e the technical guys who do the actual work of fixing solar panels to rooftops and setting up the entire system to make it work for customers.
Due to our skill, we are contracted by individual customers; and work on government and NGO projects.We also help to maintain, service and fix problems relating to solar systems.
While anyone can become a wholesaler or retailer, it takes sound knowledge and practical skills to provide an installation service.If a client wants to install a solar power system, we send in their quotes and often get paid to purchase the equipment and materials to be installed.
STAAD POWER SYSTEMS VENTURES:staad.powersystems@gmail.com,08038359156.

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Trunaijian: 6:12am On Jan 05, 2016
Any of you guys in Abuja?
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Beautiful4u(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
can this engine flush work for toyota cars, camry. thanks
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by wesleyel: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2016
flushing an engine with diesel or any engine flush has both pros and cons.

We might think that carbon accumulation in the engine is bad. but it is a real essential for any engine to run in full efficiency.
the carbon actually acts as a seal and sets the piston rings to the cylinders geometry and thus full compression is achieved. and as all of us would know, this is what happens during the running in period.
diesel or in this case any engine flush would act as a detergent that dissolves this carbon and takes it away making the rings to lose its tight fit causing decompression in the cylinder.
now the same thing happens when we switch from normal engine oil to synthetic oil after running the engine in normal oil for anything above 30,000kms. the synthetic oil has a detergent property that creates a similar problem.

Now, the pros
If engine flush is carried out frequently from new or if synthetic oil is used in early stages then you'll have a nice clean engine that is almost like new.

Moreover, This was one of many tricks used in the old days to keep an engine free from sludge. Oil technology has come a long way since and engines are burning cleaner than ever. With regular oil changes and a quality filter, sludge will not form to the point that you should need to do this.

what i think is NEVER FLUSH AN OLD ENGINE.
by old i mean by mileage an engine with 2000kms and 5 years old is still a virgin engine.

my point here is if you are thinking of flushing your engine because the existing oil is very old, i suggest you buy two types of oil. one cheap one and another regular oil that you want to use. after draining your old oil, pour in the cheap oil. run the engine for about 30 MINUTES and then drain it. now you have clean engine but with all the essential carbon in it. after this you can proceed with your normal oil and filter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Santi222(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2016
Wen I buy Car, I go come read this thread .

1 Like

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by auhanson(m): 3:25am On Jan 15, 2016
shortgun:

truth is that I bought the car from a friend and the only thing I see on the dash display is 300 and sometin miles after RESET.

This shows that the Odometer has been tampered with.
The car lags sometimes but moves smoothly most of the time.

I know for sure that the previous owner has a bad maintenance culture.

aside the lagging every other thing works perfectly.

I am very happy sir that u have interest in my Case.

At the bolded, the lag is a very simple thing to handle here(it's an MB thing), you could be cleaning your air intake regularly each time you experience any lag. Like i usually do, each time i come back from a long journey, or from a dusty road and before embarking on any journey, i clean up my air intake by myself:

I will usually do this with either a carb cleaner; or distilled water; or even a windscreen washer that i flits into the air intake intermittently while the car is steaming with my other hand on the throttle control under the hood just to keep up the steaming, preventing the engine from quenching while doing this. This way you will never experience any lag but only ups in performance and very good fuel efficiency with pepping engine sound. Sometimes i blow the air cleaner too and clean the compartment with the pvc pipe.

1 Like

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by auhanson(m): 3:30am On Jan 15, 2016
princemillla:
I love this mehn.. .. Thank Bro, but this ur diesel oil, where can one get it?

At your regular gas station, they sell both petrol and diesel.

1 Like

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by uwemjack(m): 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
My car has a v6 engine 1mz-fe and its my daily drive. At the last oil change which was two weeks ago, I decided to do engine flush as the oil usually gets blackish After like a month.
Here is what I did; after draining the oil with the oil filter in place and the oil drain plug open I poured like 5ltr of diesel into the engine and it drained out. Then I covered the drain plug and filled the engine with 5 litre of diesel, then I start the engine and let it run for less than a minute (my liver no carry d recommended 10min) I allow the engine sit for less than 30 min with diesel in it then I drained it out, it was so black. I allowed it to drain out overnight with the oil filter removed. Filled with 20w-50 with new oil filter, and intend to replace with 5w-30 and new filter at 1000miles.
I am presently at 395miles.
Now why I am commenting is because I checked my mpg at the second refill, and I am getting 21mpg for a 17year old car, now previously what I usually get is between 16 and 19! Which is a wow for me. Engine flush is good but it can also kill your engine if not properly done.

3 Likes

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by prudencesmart(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
wesleyel:
flushing an engine with diesel or any engine flush has both pros and cons.

We might think that carbon accumulation in the engine is bad. but it is a real essential for any engine to run in full efficiency.
the carbon actually acts as a seal and sets the piston rings to the cylinders geometry and thus full compression is achieved. and as all of us would know, this is what happens during the running in period.
diesel or in this case any engine flush would act as a detergent that dissolves this carbon and takes it away making the rings to lose its tight fit causing decompression in the cylinder.
now the same thing happens when we switch from normal engine oil to synthetic oil after running the engine in normal oil for anything above 30,000kms. the synthetic oil has a detergent property that creates a similar problem.

Now, the pros
If engine flush is carried out frequently from new or if synthetic oil is used in early stages then you'll have a nice clean engine that is almost like new.

Moreover, This was one of many tricks used in the old days to keep an engine free from sludge. Oil technology has come a long way since and engines are burning cleaner than ever. With regular oil changes and a quality filter, sludge will not form to the point that you should need to do this.

what i think is NEVER FLUSH AN OLD ENGINE.
by old i mean by mileage an engine with 2000kms and 5 years old is still a virgin engine.

my point here is if you are thinking of flushing your engine because the existing oil is very old, i suggest you buy two types of oil. one cheap one and another regular oil that you want to use. after draining your old oil, pour in the cheap oil. run the engine for about 30 MINUTES and then drain it. now you have clean engine but with all the essential carbon in it. after this you can proceed with your normal oil and filter.

This is bullshit.. I did engine flush in my cars,Cls 500 and w202 benz c180(my mum's) , mehn the experience is perfect. Both cars return back to factory performance and mpg.. No crack was done to my seals, Well proven facts..
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by jektony(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
CAn i do an Engine Flush using d Diesel fuel on my Nissan 2000 V6 engine.....pls advice
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
jektony:
CAn i do an Engine Flush using d Diesel fuel on my Nissan 2000 V6 engine.....pls advice

First of all...why do you want to do an engine flush, and how many miles has your engine covered?
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by monastik(m): 7:05am On Mar 28, 2016
Omolewu:
Reasons why the solar energy business in Nigeria will become a trillion-dollar market:
We’ve got a couple of strong reasons why we believe solar energy will power Nigeria’s future.
It’s absolutely important that entrepreneurs understand the factors that are driving the demand for solar products and services in Nigeria. This will better help you to apply your creativity and sound judgment to any business ideas that come to your mind during or after reading this.
Here are our reasons for betting on solar power’s lucrative potentials in Nigeria’s future…
#1 – Solar energy is the fastest and cheapest way to light up Nigeria
Thousands of villages in Nigeria are so remote and too spread apart that it would take decades and billions of investment dollars to take electricity to all corners of our dear country.
Small towns and villages that were not considered a priority by governments now have a huge demand for electricity. Mobile phones, which have been widely successful in Nigeria, have changed the profile of power consumption in Nigeria.
The mobile phone revolution is forcing millions of poor Nigerians to demand for electricity. More people now depend on their mobile phones to contact relatives, obtain general news and information about farm product prices, and make/receive small money transfers.
Nigeria does not have the kind of investment and political commitment it will require to connect every corner of the country to the power grid,unless we want to be deceiving ourselves. It’s already too late, no matter how fast this is done.
What Nigeria needs now is an alternative that is cheap, easy to deploy, decentralized and effective enough to provide electricity to millions of people in the shortest possible time. Solar power is the only option that satisfies all these requirements!
Of all the other alternative and renewable sources of energy available for Nigeria’s future – wind, sun and water – the sun (solar power) is the most abundant and free!
Because most of Africa sits on the earth’s equator, the sun’s radiation reaches many parts of the continent including the remotest parts – villages, mountain tops, anywhere and everywhere! This raw energy already touches the parts of the country that power grids and infrastructure have still not reached – after many decades!
#2 – The demand for cleaner and greener alternative power sources is gaining momentum
A significant portion of electricity generated on our soil is from non-renewable sources like petrol, natural gas, coal and other fossil fuels. These fuels remain expensive and have dangerous effects on our health, the environment and climate.
In fact, at the current rate of consumption and population growth, Nigeria’s estimated petroleum reserves (roughly 60 billion barrels) is not likely to last for very long.
Africa’s solar power potential is so huge and has the capacity to generate and supply electricity to Europe and other parts of the world in the near future.
For those who don’t know, Africa’s solar revolution has already started!
Google, one of the world’s most successful multi-billion dollar corporations recently invested $12 million in the Jasper Power Plant, a South African solar project. This solar plant is planned to supply nearly 100 Mega Watts of clean energy to the country.
There are also other huge multi-billion dollar investments like the DESERTEC project that plans to set up solar farms in vast areas of the Sahara desert and supply Europe with the generated electricity.
These ambitious and high investment projects prove that solar energy will power the future; and Africa will be the major source of it!
#3 – The cost of buying and installing solar power equipment is falling
Despite all the cool things we’ve said about solar power, it has not spread as fast as expected because of its cost.
The high upfront cost of solar equipment has made it difficult to compete against other sources of power.
Investing in solar energy may have a lot of benefits and save lots of money in the long term, but many Nigerian families can simply not afford the high initial capital.
However, all of this is changing. Over the last decade, a lot of progress has been made in solar technology – making it cheaper, reliable and more efficient. As a result, solar power equipment prices have been falling, and are now within the reach of many Nigerians.
The scale and wonder of Chinese manufacturing is also helping to bring down prices. US and European makers of solar equipment have been facing stiff competition from Chinese solar products.
What can we say – ordinary people get to win in the end as these competitive forces push down prices.
In addition to lower manufacturing costs, Nigerian government has started removing the high import tariffs and levies that helped to make solar panels and equipment expensive in local markets.
In fact, several suppliers now offer flexible financing options that allow people to pay a small fee every month to cover the cost of the equipment and installation. This Pay-As-You-Go strategy is paying off as millions of households can now afford solar power through these little payments.
We are almost at the point where the average cost of solar energy falls below kerosene, petrol, charcoal and other common fuels currently used to produce electricity. As a result of this, it is expected that more people will naturally shift to using solar power full-time!
Compiled by staad power systems ventures{Installation service contractors i.e the technical guys who do the actual work of fixing solar panels to rooftops and setting up the entire system to make it work for customers.
Due to our skill, we are contracted by individual customers; and work on government and NGO projects.We also help to maintain, service and fix problems relating to solar systems.
While anyone can become a wholesaler or retailer, it takes sound knowledge and practical skills to provide an installation service.If a client wants to install a solar power system, we send in their quotes and often get paid to purchase the equipment and materials to be installed.
STAAD POWER SYSTEMS VENTURES:staad.powersystems@gmail.com,08038359156.

THANKS FOR THIS POST

HERE ARE USEFUL LINKS I FOUND WHEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL STAAD PRO 8VI

STAAD PRO 8VI FREE DOWNLOAD AND CRACKING
http://www.myengineering.us/2014/09/staad-pro-software-with-crack-free.html

STAAD PRO 8VI INSTALLATION
http://www.myengineering.us/2015/05/installation-procedure-to-staad-pro-7.html

STAAD PRO 8VI TUTORIAL
http://www.myengineering.us/2014/11/staad-pro-tutorial.html
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Macmilla(m): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
auhanson:
6) Fuel filter (A fuel filter is used to keep fuel clean to avoid malfunctions of the fuel injectors and fuel pressure regulator.)

Fuel filter must be replaced periodically to prolong the life of your fuel pump, injectors and fuel pressure regulator. Bad fuel filter could cause a lot of problems including, poor throttle response, hesitation, spurting and hissing as the fuel pump does too much work to send the fuel pressure to the injectors/nuzzles therefore resulting in poor car performance. In worst cases the car may off occasionally while in hold ups.
I have a car that does not respond when the throttle is pressed lightly but on going almost halfway down on d throttle, it suddenly races the engine. This is noticed mostly when d car is stationary. Could it be the fuel filter as u said? The car is a solara 2004.
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Macmilla(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
oNj:
Be careful with some of these recommendations before you damage your engine, or create problems for yourself.
1. Engine flushing is a questionable practice, many tech actually against it (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/flushservices.html).
2. No one goes just to change oil filter; Oil filter change goes with oil replacement.
3. Again, no one goes changing fuel filter just to gain more power/performance, except there's a fuel-line related issue with the car.... The recommendation is to change fuel filter while changing fuel pump.
Good lucks

Enjoy your ride
So what happens when ur fuel filter is clogged up?
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by oneman11(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
uwemjack:
My car has a v6 engine 1mz-fe and its my daily drive. At the last oil change which was two weeks ago, I decided to do engine flush as the oil usually gets blackish After like a month.
Here is what I did; after draining the oil with the oil filter in place and the oil drain plug open I poured like 5ltr of diesel into the engine and it drained out. Then I covered the drain plug and filled the engine with 5 litre of diesel, then I start the engine and let it run for less than a minute (my liver no carry d recommended 10min) I allow the engine sit for less than 30 min with diesel in it then I drained it out, it was so black. I allowed it to drain out overnight with the oil filter removed. Filled with 20w-50 with new oil filter, and intend to replace with 5w-30 and new filter at 1000miles.
I am presently at 395miles.
Now why I am commenting is because I checked my mpg at the second refill, and I am getting 21mpg for a 17year old car, now previously what I usually get is between 16 and 19! Which is a wow for me. Engine flush is good but it can also kill your engine if not properly done.
Hello uwenjack, how far with your vehicle performance up till this moment after the engine flush?
I am also contemplating on doing same on my vehicle with same engine as urs. 1mz-fe.
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 30, 2016
prudencesmart:

This is bullshit.. I did engine flush in my cars,Cls 500 and w202 benz c180(my mum's) , mehn the experience is perfect. Both cars return back to factory performance and mpg.. No crack was done to my seals, Well proven facts..

I appreciate you may not know why any sort of engine flush on an old engine, or a newer engine that has not had regular oil changes, is not encouraged in the automotive world.

This a platform for learning, and sharing ideas. EVERY contribution is valid. Calling one's opinion bullshít is not cool. You're better off asking the poster why they expressed the opinion they did, even if you don't agree. You MIGHT just learn something new, that may come in useful in the not so distant future.

Out of interest, why are you flushing relatively new (ish) engines?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 30, 2016
prudencesmart:

How did you calculate performance, to know it was back to factory spec after flushing? undecided
Re: Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car by uwemjack(m): 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
oneman11:

Hello uwenjack, how far with your vehicle performance up till this moment after the engine flush?
I am also contemplating on doing same on my vehicle with same engine as urs. 1mz-fe.

Still going strong at 24mpg highway with no hold ups, but 19mpg with holdup.
What I did not mention previously was that I removed the sump and cleaned as a precaution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delorean Diving Into The Future With Their Flying Car Concept (photos) / 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 / How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.