Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? (2504 Views)

Are Men Naturally Polygamous? / Good Women Exist / Are Men Naturally Polygamists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by warrior01: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
Shymm3x:
The term "Good Women" is an overrated word folks throw around to qualify females with a little bit of innocence, till they get caught up in the matrix and start showing their true colours.

There are no "good women" out there these days (they probably used to exist during medieval times, who knows?), just good/semi-permanent pums, with a little bit of loyalty depending of what choices they've in real time. So to even start asking a question about if men are worthy of a non-existing classification is utter ridiculous and disrespectful to men.

The question should be: are women worthy of the respect they get from some men today?

Thanks for saying it the way it is. So funny some seeing some guys playing to the gallery just to be politically correct. The reality remains that most of Nigerian women are not worth the stress. You can quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by Shymm3x: 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
warrior01:

Thanks for saying it the way it is. So funny some seeing some guys playing to the gallery just to be politically correct. The reality remains that most of Nigerian women are not worth the stress. You can quote me anywhere

Naij might be the worst group ever - but women are basically the same way everywhere. They're all just pretentious till they start showing their true colours. And they all have a price.

Any fool waiting for a "good woman" or wasting his time on some chic cos she's superficially "good" and putting her on a pedestal is on his own.

Anyway, don't mind those clowns - they don't know any better. grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by warrior01: 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
I read this somewhere and it practically sums up everything about most Naija women.

i told her, "I might not be rich, I don't have money, cars or companies like my friend Jude, but all I have is profound love and I totally admire you"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and gave me a warmed hug and whispered in my ear.....she said, "If you truly love me, introduce me to Jude"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by lilmax(m): 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
TooNoisy:

I completely agree.

My husband deserves a great woman as a reward to his faithfulness to God .... and he got me; a wonderful woman.

If women were really true to themselves, some of them deserve the "bad men" they get. But I agree some women are just plain unlucky that the good man they married changed after time.
the good men don't change only pretenders do
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by TooNoisy(f): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
lilmax:
the good men don't change only pretenders do

Life itself is very long and people do change. As we grow older some people actually change due to many reasons. Bad company, family pressures, life events, and several other stuff.

Sometimes you don't even know who you really are until you face some life events/challenges and your true colours come out.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by doublex: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
warrior01:
I read this somewhere and it practically sums up everything about most Naija women.

i told her, "I might not be rich, I don't have money, cars or companies like my friend Jude, but all I have is profound love and I totally admire you"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and gave me a warmed hug and whispered in my ear.....she said, "If you truly love me, introduce me to Jude"
ahahahahahahaaha,so who is jude supposed to be?
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by cococandy(f): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hmm.
Well good men that think like you still deserve good women.

Tell me about the double standard.
Just about every thread you open you see congregation of people hating on Nigerian women as if they weren't raised by Nigerian women.
And funny enough most people that have problems with such mindsets. They see it as normal.
Like the culture isn't already based on double standards.

One magumagu boy somewhere will still have the guts to condemn a girl better than him because he's been made to believe that no matter how morally bankrupt he is, he doesn't need to change to be a good husband.

JoeCutie:
The double standard has been growing with impunity for a very long time that it has even almost attained the status of culture and tradition, and it's very bad. We need to speak up against it, condemn it in it's entirety and of course, correct these abnormalities. Thanks, ma'am. smiley
JoeCutie:
What the hell are you saying? So Nigerian women ain't worth it? And Nigerian men are the ones that are worth it, huh? This is a very appalling and stale mentality that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our culture, and it's so so sickening. Like...very uncalled for and quite unbecoming of a 21st century civilized man. Tell me what the women of Nigeria do that the men do not do even more? #DoubleStandard embarassed

This very uncompromising generalization of our women is stale already. Let's talk about something else! undecided

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
lilmax:
You are what you attract,if those women are true to themselves then they have nothing to worry about

So cheaters attract cheaters and faithful people attract faithful people? Wife beaters attract husband beaters and peaceful people attract peaceful people? Liars attract liars and the honest ones their likes? Is it so?

4 Likes

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by JoeCutie(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
cococandy:
Hmm.

Just about every thread you open you see congregation of people hating on Nigerian women as if they weren't raised by Nigerian women.
And funny enough most people that have problems with such mindsets. They see it as normal.

One magumagu boy somewhere will still have the guts to condemn a girl better than him because he's been made to believe that no matter how morally bankrupt he is, he doesn't need to change to be a good husband.

Awwww. Thanks, ma'am. smiley

I tell people to leave our women be. You can never see the good in people unless you change how you look at them. Our men are not better than our women. Period!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by JoeCutie(m): 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
warrior01:

Brother, the guy narrated his experience with ONE 'Naija girl'. Not MOST. And definitely not ALL.

And let's be real here. If you were a girl, what kinda man would you like to marry?

9 Likes

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by eyinjuege: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Is anyone really "good"?
Humans are generally flawed, and the earlier most realise that the lesser the heartaches they face.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by porozhniy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
JoeCutie:
What the hell are you saying? So Nigerian women ain't worth it? And Nigerian men are the ones that are worth it, huh? This is a very appalling and stale mentality that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our culture, and it's so so sickening. Like...very uncalled for and quite unbecoming of a 21st century civilized man. Tell me what the women of Nigeria do that the men do not do even more? #DoubleStandard embarassed

This very uncompromising generalization of our women is stale already. Let's talk about something else! undecided
I don't know why you didn't reserve your epistle for the op.
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by troy20(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
JoeCutie:
Brother, the guy narrated his experience with ONE 'Naija girl'. Not MOST. And definitely not ALL.

And let's be real here. If you were a girl, what kinda man would you like to marry?
quite some gay name you have there joecutie.why back yourself up in a corner? You dont have to be always this ingeniune.
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by JoeCutie(m): 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
troy20:

quite some gay name you have there joecutie.why back yourself up in a corner? You dont have to be always this ingeniune.
Lmao. Bro, I'm very sure you're expecting me to slam you, right? Nah, that's not me. Maybe I'm gay, and just maybe I'm 'ingenuine'. You happy now? smiley

11 Likes

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by troy20(m): 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
JoeCutie:
Lmao. Bro, I'm very sure you're expecting me to slam you, but nah; that's not me. Maybe I'm gay, and maybe I'm ingenuine. You happy now? smiley
slam? What that mean?
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by KanwuliaJara: 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
#singing Celine dions song#

Dont you know that Love never ask why, it speaks from the heart tongue

what a question. As you lay your bed so you will lie on it

kanwuliajara over to you

next

Abeggggi! NL done quench.
No beta topic.
Shoot!

Back to my TV e jor! wink

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by Juliesexy(f): 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
JoeCutie:
Only me? shocked My belle ooh, my head ooh. cheesy

Thanks, sexy. I really appreciate. You need to see how I'm smiling here like a fool. grin kiss
You deserve even more. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by JoeCutie(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
Juliesexy:
You deserve even more. smiley
I'm now emotional... embarassed
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
cococandy:
Hmm.

The most ridiculous of all is that the same set of people who would say;
*Nigerian women are cheats.
*Nigerian women are whoress.
*Nigerian women are unloyal et al would get riled when you insult their mother.

The same fingers they used to type a blanket statement, they won't want to accept their mothers, sisters et al are part of what they described/generalised.
If each one of them start claiming their mothers & female relatives are saints, how come they came out with such generalisation?.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by crackhaus: 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pineapp:
It's a Sunday I know but the intensity at which men pray and wish for "good" women today,is alarming..In time past,men and women alike have had their share of undeserved punishment from their partners,most common are the stories of women who have trusted so much in their lovers(mostly the ones who travel abroad to search greener pastures leaving promises of coming back to marry the lady) and ended up being disappointed,and men who have given so much for their relationship to work but the lady still walks away..

Stories of women who wait,who stay with their men through thick and thin,who sacrifice and are still sacrificing,still end up on sad notes

So lets talk,should women still continue to trust,love and wholeheartedly be good to men knowing that the end might not be the forever after kind?
Should men still continue to trust, love, and wholeheartedly be good to women knowing that the end might not be the forever after kind?

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
Tell me about it
FrancisTony:

The most ridiculous of all is that the same set of people who would say;
*Nigerian women are cheats.
*Nigerian women are whoress.
*Nigerian women are unloyal et al would get riled when you insult their mother.

The same fingers they used to type a blanket statement, they won't want to accept their mothers, sisters et al are part of what they described/generalised.
If each one of them start claiming their mothers & female relatives are saints, how come they came out with such generalisation?.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by SAMBARRY: 12:33am On Oct 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Abeggggi! NL done quench.
No beta topic.
Shoot!

Back to my TV e jor! wink
grin
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by Pidggin(f): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2015
warrior01:

Are you done? It still doesn't stop the fact that thay ain't worth it. Maybe when you grow older you'll understand

Are you worth it? Tell us why
Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by Pidggin(f): 7:05am On Oct 12, 2015
JoeCutie:

#DoubleStandard in our society is silly. The man you are responding to probably has a string of gfs if he is not married, and multiple concubines if he is, but to him this is normal because he is a man. He is forgetting that some other men like him will also feel entitled to such and in the process chase some of his chicks too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? by JoeCutie(m): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Pidggin:

#DoubleStandard in our society is silly. The man you are responding to probably has a string of gfs if he is not married, and multiple concubines if he is, but to him this is normal because he is a man.
Exactly! And if that's the norm now, it all means that the society is living in self deceit. If someone goes about accumulating girls, thinking it's cool just because he's a man, somehow, other men will still be coming around for those girls of his. What goes around, comes around. It's very simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Threw Him Away And She Married 17 Years Later. / Wife Fight Mother-in-law Over Who Will Sit In Front Of Her Husband's Car (video) / My Father Wants To Marry A Second Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.