Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Is Love A Choice? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love A Choice? (3321 Views)

(Ladies): A Girl Can Never Truly Love A Guy Until He's Chopped Her Kpekus. Why? / Don't Be Afraid To Approach A Female Soldier You Love - A Soldier Girl (photos) / Do We Still Have Ladies That Can Love A Broke Man Like This? - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 11, 2015
Is it really up to us to decide whom to love?... Once we make up our mind to love a particular person,does it just happen? Does love develop from our conscious efforts to fall in love?
I've always believed love isn't just a matter of choice. I feel it's largely dependent on certain standards we create consciously or which are inherent in our subconscious...It is only then that choice can perhaps be relevant. Let's take 4 instance a girl who's always never liked a man who's dirty,vulgar, shallow minded,short,boisterous,with a thick accent,etc and then she happens to meet somebody who possesses some or all of these characteristics she despises so much. Will it be possible for her to fall in love with him just by making a choice to?
What's ur personal belief on this? Do u think love is solely predicated on choice? Or that it's beyond our power- it happens whether or not we want it to without respect for culture,race,religion,etc? Or that it's a combination of certain laid down conscious or unconscious standards coupled with a decision to love? Or perhaps, u believe something entirely different from the aforementioned categories....Let's learn and compare beliefs...

#Philosopher Quëën#

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Love A Choice? by goldenone(f): 11:54am On Oct 11, 2015
Love is complicated!!! Sometimes we don't even understand, we can't just explain!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Love A Choice? by gab264(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Is it really up to us to decide whom to love?... Once we make up our mind to love a particular person,does it just happen? Does love develop from our conscious efforts to fall in love?
I've always believed love isn't just a matter of choice. I feel it's largely dependent on certain standards we create consciously or which are inherent in our subconscious...It is only then that choice can perhaps be relevant. Let's take 4 instance a girl who's always never liked a man who's dirty,vulgar, shallow minded,short,boisterous,with a thick accent,etc and then she happens to meet somebody who possesses some or all of these characteristics she despises so much. Will it be possible for her to fall in love with him just by making a choice to?
What's ur personal belief on this? Do u think love is solely predicated on choice? Or that it's beyond our power- it happens whether or not we want it to without respect for culture,race,religion,etc? Or that it's a combination of certain laid down consciLet's learn and compare beliefs...

#Philosopher Quëën#

Appie sundie Op
Re: Is Love A Choice? by ronald4lif(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
There's no such thing as love. Perhaps, that didn't come out right. I meant 'real' love doesn't exist. If it does there won't be any predispose choices and standards even before we meet the person.

I mean if a person says they can't date a white/black, Igbo/Yoruba or Muslim/Christian they've subconsciously agreed and vetoed that these people are outlawed. Likewise an educated fellow who has vowed never to date someone without a formal education.

What this means is that no matter how lovable an uneducated person(s) is, they're considered as 'outlawed', and would never be appealing to such people. Thus, love is a choice and doesn't exist. It's a game of convenience.

7 Likes

Re: Is Love A Choice? by naijaboiy: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
You can't choose who to love but you can choose where you want to love. smiley
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
Falling in love is a choice to me...u can decide if u wanna fall in love or nt.....and I think the kind of person u fall in love with depends on who u are....
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
gab264:
Appie sundie Op
A happy Sunday to yhu,too...
Re: Is Love A Choice? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
Love is complex, reason are that it could come by choice (consciously) or preconceived ideas picked from one's environment ,it could also happen subconsciously based on some reflexes agitated by some inherited traits or higher powers...
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yes it is--to certain extent.

There is the mystery of love-whereby one falls in love with one and not another.

However, sustainable love is by choice, it is a decision and it is a commitment.
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Mzdivacious(f): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
ronald4lif:
There's no such thing as love. Perhaps, that didn't come out right. I meant 'real' love doesn't exist. If it does there won't be any predispose choices and standards even before we meet the person.

I mean if a person says they can't date a white, Igbo/Yoruba or Muslim/Christian they've subconsciously agree and vetoed that these people are outlawed. Likewise an uneducated fellow who has vowed never to date someone without a formal education.

What this means is that no matter how lovable an uneducated these people considered as 'outlawed' are, they would never be appealing to such people. Thus, love is a choice and doesn't exist. It's a game of convenience.
real love exists.dont be sadistic

2 Likes

Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
Falling in love is not a choice we make on our own. When you're in love with someone, there's a certain aura that seems to attend the person. There's this serenity about been with the person. We have no power as to dictate who it comes with.

However, though we can't choose who we fall in love with, staying in love is a choice we make. Man has innate potency over his spirit, soul and body. It's just like our thoughts; we don't have power over the thoughts that come to our mind but we can choose to dwell on them or discard them. Staying in love is a commitment we make and it's a choice.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
see all this small children talking about love. abeg just give me punna and leave crap talk
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Vinshu(f): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Love is a thing of choice!

1 Like

Re: Is Love A Choice? by ronald4lif(m): 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
Mzdivacious:
real love exists.dont be sadistic

You didn't say anything logical and if anyone is expressing sadism it should be your dumb brain that couldn't string together a constructive counter and factual rebuttal.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
TRUE LOVE most of the time is not by choice but by chance...

#titaniclove #romeo&Juliet #mydreamwoman #myopinion
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Love comes in different sizes , spices and for different reasons.

There are people we'll have to love ; These are our helpers who out of no where came to help us when we're in need...

There are people we'll want to love ; majorly those who show us love but we don't have feelings for maybe cos we don't just like them

The one's we know we love ; Friends , Family, associate

Of these people who are at one time or the other in our lives, we CHOOSE who to give our body to and strike our relationship with. I'll always advise that we choose to share our body with one of those we know we love and not make the mistake of going with one of those we'll have to love unless that one we'll have to love had already metamorphosed into one we know we love.

So, OP love is not a matter of choice cos we'd have to love a whole lot a people at a time . Where choice comes in is when we'd have to pick from those we know we love. QED grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Love A Choice? by OlufemiWhit(m): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
ronald4lif:

You didn't say anything logical and if anyone is expressing sadism it should be your dumb brain that couldn't string together a constructive counter and factual rebuttal.
No mind dat small gal jawe....i don't think she understands what she read

1 Like

Re: Is Love A Choice? by Chizzled06(m): 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
Love is subjective. You can't analyze it.
Re: Is Love A Choice? by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
ronald4lif:

I mean if a person says they can't date a white, Igbo/Yoruba or Muslim/Christian they've subconsciously agreed and vetoed that these people are outlawed. Likewise an uneducated fellow who has vowed never to date someone without a formal education.

What this means is that no matter how lovable an uneducated a person(s) is, they're considered as 'outlawed' , they would never be appealing to such people. Thus, love is a choice and doesn't exist. It's a game of convenience.

You just save me of the stress of typing something of similar coloration. Thank you.
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
ronald4lif:

Ogbeni, you kon dey vex these days oo. grin
Re: Is Love A Choice? by ronald4lif(m): 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
iAmCharis:
Ogbeni, you kon dey vex these days oo. grin

Oga mi, somedays are like that. If person do over gentle man for this site some people fit carry am put for gutter. grin
Re: Is Love A Choice? by ivyT(f): 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
ronald4lif:

le boo'its been a while..
Re: Is Love A Choice? by daxlasaint(m): 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
If love was a choice, then everyone would have the perfect match... love too complicated to be simplified in that way, we can't choose who we love, only how we let those feelings play out...
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Mzdivacious(f): 3:10am On Oct 12, 2015
ronald4lif:

what exactly is this insult for??was i rude?
no1. grow up
no2. fck u.
nice sad life bro
#asshole undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Love A Choice? by Mzdivacious(f): 3:13am On Oct 12, 2015
OlufemiWhit:
No mind dat small gal jawe....i don't think she understands what she read
smh dont make assumptions pleease i understand what i read,i however only picked out d part he said love/real love doesnt exist

2 Likes

Re: Is Love A Choice? by zicoraads: 3:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Mzdivacious:
smh dont make assumptions pleease i understand what i read,i however only picked out d part he said love/real love doesnt exist
embarassed embarassed embarassed
embarassed embarassed
embarassed
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Mzdivacious(f): 3:18am On Oct 12, 2015
zicoraads:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
lool my boooo.longest time.goan sleep
Re: Is Love A Choice? by zicoraads: 3:21am On Oct 12, 2015
Mzdivacious:
lool my boooo.longest time.goan sleep
Hmmm
Bet I can't sleep. What happened to your lipsrsealed lipsrsealed?
I can't reach you. And I have been trying...and I miss U too embarassed
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Mzdivacious(f): 3:30am On Oct 12, 2015
zicoraads:

Hmmm
Bet I can't sleep. What happened to your lipsrsealed lipsrsealed?
I can't reach you. And I have been trying...and I miss U too embarassed
awww..my phone spoilt.i cant bbm or anything!u wont believe the phone i come on nl from atm.im embarassed to say.grin
Re: Is Love A Choice? by zicoraads: 3:33am On Oct 12, 2015
Mzdivacious:
awww..my phone spoilt.i cant bbm or anything!u wont believe the phone i come on nl from atm.im embarassed to say.grin
Awwwwwwwww...that's why I loff her so much. Am certain she is only being modest. The latest BlackBerry perhaps? Or, an I-Phone 6+ wink

Sincerely tho, I do miss U. I hope it gets fixed soon.
kiss kiss
Re: Is Love A Choice? by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 12, 2015
Oliviaarims:
What's ur personal belief on this? Do u think love is solely predicated on choice? Or that it's beyond our power- it happens whether or not we want it to without respect for culture,race,religion,etc? Or that it's a combination of certain laid down conscious or unconscious standards coupled with a decision to love? Or perhaps, u believe something entirely different from the aforementioned categories....Let's learn and compare beliefs...

#Philosopher Quëën#

Re: Is Love A Choice? by sinizia: 5:40am On Oct 12, 2015
Love is a choice, always have, always will. When we say there are certain qualities we look out for in a man or woman we'd want to marry or date, we've already listed out the choices (qualities) that's prerequisite before we can fall in love with a guy or girl. Even when we say we can't control the person we fall for, subconsciously, the person must have possessed most or some of those qualities. That's why we'd hear something like; "this girl is all I need in a woman, but she's an OUTCAST/ a CHRISTIAN/MUSLIM/a CRIPPLE/ a PRØStitute etc., so I can't love her/marry her." We have choices, despite the fact that traditions, dogmas and societal norms forces to go against our choices sometimes. So, yes, love is by choice. We can't love everyone, we choose those that fits your definition of love/attraction to fall for or be with.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally!president Buhari Settles Teebillz And Tiwa Fight(pics). / See Braless And Pantless Photos Of Nicole Scherzinger In Sheer Dress / Ladies,with You Smash Or Pass?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.