Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman (1013 Views)

Buhari Will Return To London To See Doctors - Presidency / Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government / How Rotimi Amaechi Convinced Buhari To Wear A Suit During The Campaign Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by ceometromedia: 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-5O0tbtypLLM/Vho2qMN-ABI/AAAAAAAG7D0/jZzdv0t0LS4/s400/Untitled.png[/img]
Speaking exclusively to www.metronaija.com, NFF chairman Amaju Pinnick said he is convinced Nigeria's number one goal keeper, Vincent Enyeama, who quit last week, will return to Super Eagles.

"I had a good conversation with him yesterday and I am 100% convinced he will come back to the Super Eagles. He spoke to Oliseh on the phone for over 20 minutes and they were able to resolve some of their issues. In this case Nigeria is the winner."

Asked if Enyeama will return to the squad as the captain, Amaju told metronaija;

"I don't know. The federation will not be involved in that. It's up to the coach to choose his captain. That's how it's done all over the world. It's the prerogative of the coach"

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/10/im-100-convinced-enyeama-will-return-to.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by otipoju(m): 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
Enyeama is to blame for all this. He brought it on himself.

To start with, you lost your mom at a time when there was an important qualifier for a team which you captain.

You did not deem it fit to contact your Coach Oliseh to inform him of the reason why you would not come for the match. Instead you kept him in yhe dark and he could not give journalists any cogent reason for your not coming. He honestly said he does not know. You now go on social media to announce that your mom has died and your family kept it for you so as not to distract you from a leauge match...why did they not wait till after the qualifier to tell you.

Since you did not call Oliseh to inform him of your loss even though you were captain, he wisely decided not to attend the burial. When he is not mogbo moya.

He still invited you for a friendly and you turn up a day late and you did not deem it wise for you to notify him ahead and clear the air with him...only to come and find out that he has appointed his captain and then you say you jave something to say.

That thing that you wanted to say should have never beeen needed if you have done the right thing ab initio.

Oliseh is a no nonsense person and could simply not condone your antics....for a man who had been ruled out of a match because of malaria to beg the coach to come on the field and delivered a killer long range pass that led into a goal from Julius Aghahowa in the semi final against senegal in 2000 nations cup, you were simply not passionate enough to lead his team abd you had lost your talking rights.

To now insist that you must have your say when your Coach says....I do not want to listen is insurbodination and he had to stamp his authority.

So I do not blame Oliseh but you Enyeama for disrespecting your coach by not carrying him along and making him look like a fool and he put you in your place.

2 Likes

Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by erekoshe: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
otipoju:
To start with, you lost your mom at a time when there was an important qualifier for a team which you captain.
You did not deem it fit to contact your Coach Oliseh to inform him of the reason why you would not come for the match. Instead you kept him in yhe dark and he could not give journalists any cogent reason for your not coming. He honestly said he does not know. You now go on social media to announce that your mom has died and your family kept it for you so as not to distract you from a leauge match...why did they not wait till after the qualifier to tell you.
Since you did not call Oliseh to inform him of your loss even though you were captain, he wisely decided not to attend the burial. When he is not mogbo moya.
He still invited you for a friendly and you turn up a day late and you did not deem it wise for you to notify him ahead and clear the air with him...only to come and find out that he has appointed his captain and then you say you jave something to say.
That thing that you wanted to say should have never beeen needed if you have done the right thing ab initio.
Oliseh is a no nonsense person and could simply not condone your antics....for a man who had been ruled out of a match because of malaria to beg the coach to come on the field and delivered a killer long range pass that led into a goal from Julius Aghahowa in the semi final against senegal in 2000 nations cup, you were simply not passionate enough to lead his team abd you had lost your talking rights.
To now insist that you must have your say when your Coach says....I do not want to listen is insurbodination and he had to stamp his authority.
So I do not blame Oliseh but you Enyeama for disrespecting your coach by not carrying him along and making him look like a fool and he put you in your place.

When you loose your mom, will you still have control of your mental prowess?? I apologize if u already lost her or wasn't brought up by her.

If only for loosing his Mom, Oliseh as a father should pipe everything low for the moment... Hit him, shock him, do whatever but not this trying time.

Having issues with someone who's psychological unfit is totally ridiculous and insane thing to do. Of course he'll react way out of proportion and that is allowed.

2 Likes

Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by nerodenero: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
A leyi tipoju from you
otipoju:

Where did you get this report from? I'm hearing all these for the very first time and if all these are true, people in the know would have made it public. I didn't hear this your submission from Toyin Ibitoye(Media Officer of Super Eagles) and if Toyin would want to protect certain interests by not making such public, trust Godwin Enakhena, "who always say it the way it is" to have made it public.

And talking about discipline, Oliseh, though the present coach, has never been a disciplined person as stated below:

The same Oliseh that sent the Late Mark Aku out of his room... Godwin Enakhare of Topsport.

The same Oliseh that was stopped from 2002 World Cup for lack of discipline and due to this, he retired from International football. If this same issue had happened to Oliseh instead of Enyeama, trust Oliseh, he would have set the camp ablaze.

The same Oliseh that was sacked from Borrussia Dortmund for punching his team mate.

I think Enyeama is a saint compared to Oliseh. All I remember about Oliseh was his stunner against Spain in France 98 but I have plenty memories of Enyeama.

Under his watch, Mikel declined the captain's armband from Musa and I don't think that issue has been addressed.

Apologies to you but I doubt your claims.

4 Likes

Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by fashoo2010(m): 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
Its advisable for Enyeama not to come back to the team...because I doubt if there can be cordial relationship with Him and Oliseh...
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by adanny01(m): 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
otipoju:

2 wrongs will never ever make a right.

In my place, no one is ever invited for a funeral. All who are family, relatives, friends, colleagues and so on show up to commiserate with the family. You dont wait for an invite to come condole me for my loss even if i didnt tell you myself.

If Oliseh heard, he should have been there invited or surprise.

2ndly, it is rude and arrogant to decaptain one captain and appoint another without informing the former prior. If you must fire as a boss you must have caurage as a boss to do it face to face not behind the door.

When someone is late, you dont punish the person in absentia when you have not heard what caused it. You have to hear it first then decide if its justifiable to take a punitive action.

Oliseh is wrong on all grounds while Eyeama must not be left without blame or caution.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by MRSALT: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
This Oliseh vs Enyeama issue is yet to die down? The truth is that Oliseh got it all wrong. He knew that Enyeama is still pained by the sack of Keshi. He needed to thread softly to win the confidence of the players before any structural changes. The fight is for supremacy and was really ill timed.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by otipoju(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
erekoshe:

When you loose your mom, will you still have control of your mental prowess?? I apologize if u already lost her or wasn't brought up by her.

If only for loosing his Mom, Oliseh as a father should pipe everything low for the moment... Hit him, shock him, do whatever but not this trying time.

Having issues with someone who's psychological unfit is totally ridiculous and insane thing to do. Of course he'll react way out of proportion and that is allowed.

I lost my dad at 25....I was in perfect control of my senses to coordinate the burial.

If Enyeama had several days and weeks as captain to discuss with Oliseh and did not then he has no respect for the office of the coach and is getting what he deserves.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by Yeecar(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by drberry(m): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
At the end of the day, you'll find that Enyeama is indispensable in the National Team.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by Sunofgod(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
otipoju:

I lost my dad at 25....I was in perfect control of my senses to coordinate the burial.

If Enyeama had several days and weeks as captain to discuss with Oliseh and did not then he has no respect for the office of the coach and is getting what he deserves.

Shaaatap . . .. . . . have you lost a mum?

You think it is the same ting,
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by otipoju(m): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
Sunofgod:

Shaaatap . . .. . . . have you lost a mum?

You think it is the same ting,

Stop putting your stupidity on display. maybe your father impregnated your mother and ran away and did not play any role in your upbringing, that is why he is not important to you...my own Dad was my soulmate and we shared a connection that was beyond words.

A woman gave birth to enyeama and lived long enough to see him become successful and see even his children and he is lamenting like death is not the end of every man...he needs to make peace with death since he says he is a Christian.

How about those who lost their moms when they were toddlers or whose moms never carried them for one day.or those who never got to reward their parents for their sacrifices....Enyeama did all of that and should be grateful to God...and stop whining like a baby.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by BALLOSKI: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
I love that.
They spoke for 20 minutes on fone? I'm impressed.
Thank God they are not women. If they were , this fight wont end, ifeanyi okowa and udom emanuel will be forced to fight over this and delta and akwa ibom state will be left with no choice than to go to war. Thank God they are not women!
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by Descartes: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
Picnick again sad
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by BALLOSKI: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
otipoju:

Stop putting your stupidity on display. maybe your father impregnated your mother and ran away and did not play any role in your upbringing, that is why he is not important to you...my own Dad was my soulmate and we shared a connection that was beyond words.

A woman gave birth to enyeama and lived long enough to see him become successful and see even his children and he is lamenting like death is not the end of every man...he needs to make peace with death since he says he is a Christian.

How about those who lost their moms when they were toddlers or whose moms never carried them for one day. or those who never got to reward their parents for their sacrifices.... Enyeama did all of that and should be grateful to God...and stop whining like a baby.

this is reason I sit at times without apetite and cry inwardly(as a man, i shouldnt be seen crying). Enyeama is so lucky he grew to this football age before losing one of his parents. We weren't that lucky.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by erekoshe: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
otipoju:

I wouldn't know if your dad is your favourite, but my friend, not everybody is as strong as you are. That's the reason people are given compassionate leave to go sort out their psychological issues in scenarios like that.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
BALLOSKI:
this is reason I sit at times without apetite and cry inwardly(as a man, i shouldnt be seen crying). Enyeama is so lucky he grew to this football age before losing one of his parents. We weren't that lucky.

Deep!
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Enyeama was right, whether Oliseh is building a team of the future or not, Vincent can't be a second goalkeeper.

Why on earth will a goalkeeper who rates among the best 20 in the world and best in Africa be relegated by inexperienced coach for whatever reasons that's not related to attitude.

Vincent Enyeama should quit as soon as he loses his position as the first goalkeeper as to preserve his career.

At 33, there is still more years for him to excel in goalkeeping.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by BALLOSKI: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
grayline:

Deep!
thank you bro/sis! I appreciate it.
Re: 'i'm 100% Convinced Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles' - NFF Chairman by otipoju(m): 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
BALLOSKI:

Leave the ungrateful guy alone. He thinks his pain his the worst. Your mother became a grandmum and lived large and when it was her time she went the way of all flesh...and you dont want us to hear word.

(1) (Reply)

The 11 Most Powerful Militaries In The World / Temporary Rehabilitation @ Ukurikang On Itu - Calabar Road!!! / See How Amaechi, Momodu Were Treated At Airport Yesterday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.