Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam (32592 Views)

Police React To News Of Soldiers 'Storming Nnamdi Kanu's House' / A Nigerian Soldier Jailed For Fleeing From Bokoharam And Hiding In Igboland / Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Niger State (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by stanech: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
Sunday, 11 October 2015 14:08
CHIEF of army staff Lt General Tukur Buratai has castigated troops of the Nigerian Army and called them cowardly for abandoning their weapons and fleeing in the face of a Boko Haram attack at Geidam in Yobe State.

Last week, Boko Haram terrorists attacked the town killing dozens in a bloody orgy, forcing local resident to flee. Lt General Buratai was unhappy about the fact that Geidam had a unit of soldiers' posters there who should have been able to fend off the attack but in the face of enemy fire they fled.

Speaking in Lagos during his maiden tour of units and commands under the 81st Division of the Nigerian Army, Lt General Buratai emphasised the need for a serious review of the attitude of the troops towards the ongoing war. He noted that despite having the necessary weapons and equipment that will enable them protect themselves, civilians and properties, the soldiers in Geidam did not attack the insurgents.

Lt General Buratai said: “Two, three days back, I was in Geidam and the attitude of our troops calls for a serious review because they have the equipment, weapons and everything they require to protect themselves and indeed citizens that are there. However, they just went and sat down without adopting the proper battle procedures.

“I have given them very strong warning and some of you may find yourselves around that area and if you go there, you must behave very professionally. You must apply all the battle principles that you have been taught and deploy the weapons and equipment properly.”

He added that he had to go to Geidam after the Boko Haram attack to see things for himself, assuring that the loopholes are being addressed. According to General Buratai, immediately after  his visit, Boko Haram attempted to move into Geidam but the soldiers stood up and conquered that attack and pursued them and the terrorists have been on the run ever since.

Lt General Buratai also warned army personnel to remain apolitical, stressing that their moves were being monitored and anyone found romancing politicians will be dealt with accordingly. He also insisted that the December deadline given by President Muhammadu Buhari for the military to end Boko Haram was achievable.

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/7955-chief-of-army-staff-condemns-cowardly-attitude-of-soldiers-who-fled-from-boko-haram#sthash.hkwufF48.dpuf

3 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by stanech: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
lalasticlala

Front page again Hard work truly pays

I dedicate this to all my Girl friends

Chioma, Fumi, Fatima, Ivie, Imabong, Preye, Onome, and Joy

I love you all!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Mancity26(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
Abeg December 2015 or which December abeg? Dats how dey promise us ''change'' and we fail to ask if d change na from good to bad or frm bad to good till now that we notice dat d change is frm good to bad. Anyway this soldiers dey try oo, to fight book boys no bi play oo. God bless NA.. #funnynation comedian

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by adehsenior(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
If na Jonathan now them go say the Army were not well equipped, what happened to this ones now? Abi Buhari no buy weapons for Buratai ne?

180 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by ODUBEZE: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
Shey na GEJ no give them weapons again?
By the way why won't they fly away, it's easy to punish them with death but to acknowledge them and pay them well no way!
Make our law makers still dey there dey collect bogus salary!
Who wan die?

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Ola17: 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
Buran'tashi or whatever should stfu! Yes!

When the last military authority in it's wisdom, punished some cowardly soldiers to serve as a deterrence to other intending cowards, you foolishly got them reinstated. Its a shame we sacrifice wisdom, principle and laws on the altar of emotions in this country.

Lt General Buratai said: “Two, three days back, I was in Geidam and the attitude of our troops calls for a serious review because they have the equipment, weapons and everything they require to protect themselves and indeed citizens that are there.

The above quote by Buran'tashi was the position of the last COAS. The cowardly soldiers were rightly sentenced but APC propaganda machines told us that the soldiers were fighting with sticks and machetes.

E no go better for APC propaganda machinery wallahi.
GEJ wasn't a dullàrd after all embarassed

174 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Until you're seated on that seat at Aso Rock, you have no idea what battling hard and murderous terrorists mean. That was why we condemned the APC propaganda machine when it was boosting the morale of the terrorists by abusing GEJ and posting pictures online that destroyed the morale and bravery of our courageous soldiers. I pray we overpower and wipe out these infidels.

I'm not an expert in International relations and diplomacy but I do know that the Bush administration of the US goofed on its Middle East policy. The consequences are still there and may still be there for the next decades.

But since Obama took over I've never read or heard him openly attack former President Bush over his own policy on Iraq and Afghanistan. These guys are so intelligent and wise to know where politics and propaganda ends; they know government is a continuum. And they know every President will soon become a former one. That's how great nations handle their game.

Of course PMB and his party pandered to the erring emotions of their zombies. Now the reality is getting brighter and brighter. All of a sudden their two month talks of ending the insurgency has been pushed forward to December.

This is why everyone must support the government of the day- either by being it's core supporter OR its genuine critics. You need not pull down another to climb up.

Only Third World nations play politics with national security.

146 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
But we are winning the war naaa

This is all GEJ fault

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by yang(m): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
hehehe

cunny man die cunny man bury am

He wan die? Na who send am?

Buratai na to dey make mouth and do pressup

where is the dullard illiterate terrorist paedophile buhari? is he not supposed to be leading from the front?

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Mutuwa(m): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
So beating up innocent (bloody) civilians is not an act of cowardice?

11 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by otukpo(f): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Body language in action.

8 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Vanpascore(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
haba, were they not properly trained? As soldiers dey run wetin civillian go do?? I smell something

9 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by ernesty20(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
E no concern me

today is my birthday jare

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
"Where are the apc e-rats"? Quote me anywhere

"Hypocrisy is when you support your own
criminals(amaechi, atiku, tinubu etc), and when
I support my own criminals(mimiko, saraki etc)
you begin to condemn me. Is amaechi different
from mimiko? We are not ready for change at
all in this country". Quote me anywhere

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by CyberWolf: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
As GEJ no de again, the excuse of "we are under equipped" has suddenly stopped. Ndi ara

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Ola17: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
adehsenior:
If na Jonathan now them go say the Army were not well equipped, what happened to this ones now? Abi Buhari no buy weapons for Buratai ne?

No mind them. These môfos just use person head anyhow during GEJ time.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Balkan(m): 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Oga. Your boys were busy doing press up and push ups when they were attacked.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by rozayx5(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by papaejima1: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
Aha
Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by searay(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Soldiers flee?
I think someone was leading from the front. Did he also run?

27 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Lincoln275(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Who wan die

3 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by anonimi: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Not possible with our new 'strong, incorruptible man of integrity' on the job since 29 May abi ke

We expected Boko Haram crushed in two months as promised but........

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2946705_2931364img20150704134245jpeg83942caa91b4656700f672c90cc20993_jpgf86c3b413e3e5c908117156b6d3e67f7

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Sweetcollins: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
Nice one army

1 Like

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by VickyRotex(f): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
"Because they have the equipment, weapons and everything they require to protect themselves and indeed citizens that are there"

Na lie angry

11 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by ylaa(f): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
WHO WAN DIE?

2 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by cuvox(m): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
... Ameachi told them not to fight during GEJ's tenure..

well, you probably don't expect them to start fighting now do you?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by AsherStorm(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Before nko...
Who wan die

2 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by missKiffy(f): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die

2 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Yeecar(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by LMAyedun(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Nigeria army can lie...

3 Likes

Re: Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
k

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master / Oshiomhole Survives Impeachment, Gets Vote Of Confidence / Stop North-East Soldiers From Using Phones- Ade Adeogun To Defence Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.