Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! (2616 Views)

Dear Guys Can You Rock This Bag? / Reasons Why Relationships Should Be Effortless / Dear Guys!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
I don't just know who installed this mentality that a guy has to love the girl more than she loves him in a relationship. it's really making love so hectic and suffocating for guys.

Just yesterday i was at a friend's house discussing, and he started telling me of his past relationship and why he broke up after 3 years of dating this girl.

He started preparing for the girl's birthday a month before it came, Designed her photos, videos and other great lovely gifts in his way of celebrating her.

But when it was his birthday, Na facebook notification remind de girl.

E dey fair?

Aside that, She's would not really reciprocate his affection, gifts, and she hardly feels remorseful for doing what's wrong, leaving the capacity to make everything work to the guy.

After some time, He was emotional stressed, mentally too, Couldn't take any longer cos she was also proud of her wrongs, and now making it look as if the guy can't leave her, So he had to opt out.

These things happens daily, I've had my Share of it in the past.

If there's anything an average Nigerian girl fears, its a 50:50 relationship. I can remember a girl ran away from me cos I said I do 50:50, she said its not possible.

Guys, Show a woman love, if she doesn't reciprocate, My brother leave her no matter how much she claims to love you.

You use a girl's photo for DP, then you beg her to use yours? Mehn what kind of manipulation is that?

You call her sweet names, but you beg her to call you at least 'Dear'

When you're wrong, you apologise, when she's wrong, she takes more offence then manipulates you to feel guilty of her sins, so you're pushed to apologise when she's wrong, That's imprisonment!!!

The funny thing about it, is that you'll keep doing these things, being the fool, cos you read somewhere that to make your relationship work, you must let go of your ego and value the relationship.

Relationships that worth sacrifice, are relationships where our significant other values us and love us correspondingly.

My brother, love is like an investment, If you're putting in Your effort, and there's no tangible response from the other end, it is a bad investment, my brother change business.

It is better not to know a person than to know them and feel like you don't exist. If you're not treated special in your relationship, then you're not regarded as being valuable. Simply put, Your worth is not known.

And truly you can't be properly loved when your worth is unknown.

When your purpose is unknown, you can't be properly managed, And mismanagement brings about abuse.

Don't jump fence for someone who can't cross gutter for you..

If she's wrong and refuses to apologise, my brother take offence and walk away..

What's the essence of loving a person without feeling when you've wronged them?

Some people are in a relationship but still there's no division of labor, and when there's no division of labour, The load becomes much on the person.
The load of calling them sweet names, showing affection, spending money, and etc, if its not divided, it'll crush you down.

Run for your life bro.

The greatest level of mental and emotional abuse is being in a relationship, giving out the best of you, and receiving little of none of them..

Don't ever place value on an abusive relationship.
When it comes to issues like this, Value your ego first.

When you see girls who say a guy must love a Lady more, run from them, They'll kill you. The more you show them love, the less you'll get it from them..

Let me just add, When two people are really in love, they'll be no such thing as who's to love more. Cos love knows no quantity, When you truly love, you can't limit it, You just love.

After reading this, I'll like to hear testimonies jare. Its not easy being imprisoned for years, some of you up to 5years, some up to 3years. Be free in Jesus name.

Amen.

Solomon Franklin Buchi Bartholomew

13 Likes

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by misspicy(f): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
Kilode na textbook you wan write
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
misspicy:
Kilode na textbook you wan write
lol
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by ronald4lif(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Although this is applicable to both gender but it's more common with women, some hardly feel remorse when they're wrong but would rather manipulate the guy and make him feel remorseful. No guy should allow themselves manipulated and apologise for doing nothing wrong. You only make yourself look foolish and gives her the freedom to play you more. If anyone offends you and don't want to apologise, screw them and move on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by goodmorning40: 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Naira girls Don deal with this op well well

2 Likes

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
This write up is likely to cause break ups.

After reading

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Justeenaleo(f): 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
stupidity:
This write up is likely to cause break ups.

After reading

Or knock sense into some people

After reading

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Sunexy(m): 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
grin
Op sounds like his heart jst got broken..jst take heart broda..all is well
grin
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by MrTeymee(m): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
lol salient points u gat there

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
MrTeymee:
lol salient points u gat there

if only they will listen

lalasticlala , ishilove help spread the word na

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ideally, in relationships, one ought not to keep accounts of inflows and outflows etc, it isn't a balance sheet or a financial statement of any kind.

Love and relationships are not mathematical nor are they business; as the lingo in the article would suggest.

Ideally, 50-50, but it is nearly impossible. There are so many facets to relationships, that you cannot truly be 50-50 in all of those facets. Why? because you cannot be good in everything.

Instead, each person ought to find his/her strengths and focus on it, and then work to improve your weaknesses.

It's more like trade-offs, discounts and rebates really if you are going to stick with business terms.

Example:

If my (future) husband is a little more outgoing in terms of romantic gestures of flowers, gifts, well perhaps with my personality I am a little more conservative; then it's more like 70-30% in that facet of our relationship.

However, he does not like cooking or doing laundry, but I do. So, I will gladly cook and make sure his tummy is full, and he has clean clothes. In this case, it's more like 70-30% in this facet of our relationship. It could also be 90-10%, but as the list goes on, I'm sure it all balances out somehow. And, even if it doesn't, that's the sacrifice you make.

Additionally, a man may like the idea that he is the sole (or majority) of bread winner (99-1%), but the wife who may be a homemaker and mother takes care of the home and the children for the most part (99-1%). In some ways, it satisfies the condition of 50-50 even if in reality it may be 60-40% give and take certain percentage.

See what I mean?

Be that as it may, the point of this article is well taken though. It is to each couple to work out how they divvy up their relationships, and what they are comfortable with.

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
Xiadnat:
Ideally, in relationships, one ought not to keep accounts of inflows and outflows etc, it isn't a balance sheet or a financial statement of any kind.

Love and relationships are not mathematical nor are they business; as the lingo in the article would suggest.

Ideally, 50-50, but it is nearly impossible. There are so many facets to relationships, that you cannot truly be 50-50 in all of those facets. Why? because you cannot be good in everything.

Instead, each person ought to find his/her strengths and focus on it, and then work to improve your weaknesses.

It's more like trade-offs, discounts and rebates really if you are going to stick with business terms.

Example:

If my husband is a little more outgoing in terms of romantic gestures of flowers, gifts, well perhaps with my personality I am a little more conservative; then it's more like 70-30% in that facet of our relationship.

However, he does not like cooking or doing laundry, but I do. So, I will gladly cook and make sure his tummy is full, and he has clean clothes. In this case, it's more like 70-30% in this facet of our relationship. It could also be 90-10%, but as the list goes on, I'm sure it all balances out somehow. And, even if it doesn't, that's the sacrifice you make.

Be that as it may, the point of this article is well taken though. It is to each couple to work out how they divvy up their relationships, and what they are comfortable with.

thank you... but do we really have people who want to create the balance ?
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by nicerod(m): 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Eye opener na 2 breakup wt sola 2day

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
cuvox:

thank you... but do we really have people who want to create the balance ?

Sure! I think when you are in a relationship with someone, you would be able to tell or feel out whether you are giving more than you are receiving. As in, you feel you give and give and all they do is take and take. Not necessarily monetary, as money doesn't define all.

But, do you feel you have unmet emotional, physical, spiritual and mental needs?

Most importantly, do you communicate these across to your parnter and you still feel like you are getting the short end of the stick?

You cannot change people and their personality, so, if you constantly feel you have unmet needs and are unfulfilled, then cut your loses and move one because you clearly are not comfortable with your partner's assets and liabilities.

It's the essence of compatibility.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Omotayor123(f): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
cool
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
nicerod:
Eye opener na 2 breakup wt sola 2day

lol. abeg o.

BTW, make una tell the mods to help spread the gospel na

Fantazia where are you?

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by IAMTHEHERO: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
God bless the OP.All he said is nothing but the truth. Even ladies can't tolerate it if the reverse is to be the case.Once again,OP may God bless you. You will live long. You are a true son of your father.

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by IAMTHEHERO: 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ladies will not be happy. Eyes of many men are about to open.Many men are about to be delivered. Can't you see how MISSPUSSY said the op is writing a textbook. She wanted to divert thread.
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by nicerod(m): 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
cuvox:

lol. abeg o.

BTW, make una tell the mods to help spread the gospel na
na only dey call,buy card.pay tfare,fixed etc it is finishd btwn us
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
nicerod:
na only dey call,buy card.pay tfare,fixed etc it is finishd btwn us

talk to her about it
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by NemzySeries(m): 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
datz ma problem wit relationships of dis days....wen d guy is wrong h'll apologise & wen shez wrong h'll still apologise & dis acts kip me depressed 4 weeks & datz y d GAY faction is succeeding inwhich I'm finking of officially switching by January 1st 2016
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by 2dice(m): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Preach on Pastor
El..shsuh_sakra_inshi
Pvssy-assa_niggas Reciieve grin
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by 2dice(m): 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
NemzySeries:
datz ma problem wit relationships of dis days....wen d guy is wrong h'll apologise & wen shez wrong h'll still apologise & dis acts kip me depressed 4 weeks & datz y d GAY faction is succeeding inwhich I'm finking of officially switching by January 1st 2016
seriously.. U wanna switch
Ur gonna be wearing Pampers for life grin
NB: Gay lovers don't nagg ... NA Murdering things cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
NemzySeries:

bro abeg wait don't switch yet o...
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
2dice:
Preach on Pastor El..shsuh_sakra_inshi Pvssy-assa_niggas Reciieve grin
cheesy Yo bad man ha!
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by 2dice(m): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
pinceprinz:

cheesy Yo bad man ha!
lol..how am i bad sir ? grin
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
2dice:
lol..how am i bad sir ? grin
The way you were speaking in tongues ehn? Try am for church next Sunday cheesy
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by 2dice(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
pinceprinz:

The way you were speaking in tongues ehn? Try am for church next Sunday cheesy
u want make holyspirit arrest me abi..
Issorite grin
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by JumpingChicken(m): 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
cuvox:
I don't just know who installed this mentality that a guy has to love the girl more than she loves him in a relationship. it's really making love so hectic and suffocating for guys.

Just yesterday i was at a friend's house discussing, and he started telling me of his past relationship and why he broke up after 3 years of dating this girl.

He started preparing for the girl's birthday a month before it came, Designed her photos, videos and other great lovely gifts in his way of celebrating her.

But when it was his birthday, Na facebook notification remind de girl.

E dey fair?

Aside that, She's would not really reciprocate his affection, gifts, and she hardly feels remorseful for doing what's wrong, leaving the capacity to make everything work to the guy.

After some time, He was emotional stressed, mentally too, Couldn't take any longer cos she was also proud of her wrongs, and now making it look as if the guy can't leave her, So he had to opt out.

These things happens daily, I've had my Share of it in the past.

If there's anything an average Nigerian girl fears, its a 50:50 relationship. I can remember a girl ran away from me cos I said I do 50:50, she said its not possible.

Guys, Show a woman love, if she doesn't reciprocate, My brother leave her no matter how much she claims to love you.

You use a girl's photo for DP, then you beg her to use yours? Mehn what kind of manipulation is that?

You call her sweet names, but you beg her to call you at least 'Dear'

When you're wrong, you apologise, when she's wrong, she takes more offence then manipulates you to feel guilty of her sins, so you're pushed to apologise when she's wrong, That's imprisonment!!!

The funny thing about it, is that you'll keep doing these things, being the fool, cos you read somewhere that to make your relationship work, you must let go of your ego and value the relationship.

Relationships that worth sacrifice, are relationships where our significant other values us and love us correspondingly.

My brother, love is like an investment, If you're putting in Your effort, and there's no tangible response from the other end, it is a bad investment, my brother change business.

It is better not to know a person than to know them and feel like you don't exist. If you're not treated special in your relationship, then you're not regarded as being valuable. Simply put, Your worth is not known.

And truly you can't be properly loved when your worth is unknown.

When your purpose is unknown, you can't be properly managed, And mismanagement brings about abuse.

Don't jump fence for someone who can't cross gutter for you..

If she's wrong and refuses to apologise, my brother take offence and walk away..

What's the essence of loving a person without feeling when you've wronged them?

Some people are in a relationship but still there's no division of labor, and when there's no division of labour, The load becomes much on the person.
The load of calling them sweet names, showing affection, spending money, and etc, if its not divided, it'll crush you down.

Run for your life bro.

The greatest level of mental and emotional abuse is being in a relationship, giving out the best of you, and receiving little of none of them..

Don't ever place value on an abusive relationship.
When it comes to issues like this, Value your ego first.

When you see girls who say a guy must love a Lady more, run from them, They'll kill you. The more you show them love, the less you'll get it from them..

Let me just add, When two people are really in love, they'll be no such thing as who's to love more. Cos love knows no quantity, When you truly love, you can't limit it, You just love.

After reading this, I'll like to hear testimonies jare. Its not easy being imprisoned for years, some of you up to 5years, some up to 3years. Be free in Jesus name.

Amen.

Solomon Franklin Buchi Bartholomew

U have sense
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by NemzySeries(m): 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
cuvox:

bro abeg wait don't switch yet o...

hahahahaha....i don hear
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by NemzySeries(m): 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
2dice:
seriously.. U wanna switch
Ur gonna be wearing Pampers for life grin
NB: Gay lovers don't nagg ... NA Murdering things cheesy
hahahaha....i don already submit ma CV ooo but i want dem to employe me as D Blesser & not d Blessed
Re: Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! by cuvox(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
NemzySeries:

hahahaha....i don already submit ma CV ooo but i want dem to employe me as D Blesser & not d Blessed

LMAO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Have A Problem With Being 'Friends With Benefits'? / Hi, Am A Student, I Need A Guy To Provide For Me, I Will Satisfy Him / 10 Reasons Why A Beer Is Better Than A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.