Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana (24234 Views)

Yoruba, Igbo, N’delta, Middle Belt Leaders Unite Against Fulani Herdsmen / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Photo Of Men Locked Up For Protesting Against Fulani Killings In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2015
Missy89:

You are a sophisticated tribalist. Admit it. A tribalist playing chess with his post grin

Lol. He's not playing chess - he's playing checkers. grin

Afonja is still fresh - that happened not too long ago. Buhari became president with support from Yorubas, what have Yorubas benefited from him? - crumbs. So is that enough to turn a blind eye to the Fulani menace, especially since they always have an agenda?

Yorubas can always multi-task. One group can protect the alliance and let a next group deal with the menace. But both don't have to overlap and one shouldn't critique the next one's approach, period.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2015
[s]
tpiander:

obviously, you weren't raised right!
[/s]

Fvck off, Tilapia. grin

I was raised by Yoruba warriors - the same family that answered the birdcall when Awolowo asked Yorubas to send their sons to protect Yorubaland, when these folks and their cowardly ancestors were hiding. grin Warriors! cool

Let me stop there. cool
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by tpiander: 11:23am On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Fvck off, my mama. grin

I don't like my father. Wonder who he is sef.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Missy89(f): 11:27am On Oct 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
You shy away from addressing pertinent questions which is..Are these Fulani herdsmen maiming and killing people? Yes..Are some people deliberately sabotaging the efforts being made to stop this killings because of some political gratification, the answer is Yes. You should be bothered with that and not me being Igbo.

I remember posting on one of the Fulani thread criticizing southerners seeing the Fulani invasion as a yoruba thing when they should be finding a way to work together and send them back to the North. The thread was riddled with quotes from Yorubas and Igbos calling themselves cowards and posting links about the same issue when it happened in Enugu. I stop commenting on the Falae and Fulani issue after that since no one seems to get the point.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by CyberWolf: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

I know you. Missy89 is the homie and I doubt she gives two fvcks about Fulanis. And based on what I know she doesn't even like them, to be honest.

I think the problem with these folks is that they're too dumb to process more than one information at a time. And it's basically just garbage in and garbage out. They think cos the SW has an alliance with Fulanis with this government - Yorubas have to automatically turn a blind eye to Fulani menace. Focus on ya non-beneficial alliance which hasn't yielded any fruit apart from the Fulani president appointing only Northerners to important positions due to nepotism, with crumbs for Yorubas - and leave those trying to defend innocent and poor Yorubas do that.

That's why higher minds always use carrot and stick approach. But these folks have the Afonja traits in their DNA. The same way Afonja got carried away and Ilorin became an emirate - that's the same way these folks are trying to sell out Yorubas for a useless alliance on paper, with master/slave relationship. I'm not having that. Yorubaland must be protected at all times - that's the only thing we've.
Well if she is not in support of them, I tender my apology but more people should speak up before it gets out of hand just the way it is in the middle belt now. The worst part is that the press are covering it up, the presidency is not talking about it either. This guys need to be stopped by any means necessary.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
Well if she is not in support of them, I tender my apology but more people should speak up before it gets out of hand just the way it is in the middle belt now. The worst part is that the press are covering it up, the presidency is not talking about it either. This guys need to be stopped by any means necessary.

She doesn't care about Fulani. The only people she cares about apart from Yorubas are Edos and that's cos her mum is an Ibadanised Akoko Edo woman.

The only time I'm at loggerheads with her is on international politics. And probably one time when she almost disrespected the Lagos King. She's family and different from all these other dumb slags - with garbage in, garbage out mentality.

What else do you expect from a president that's a cow jockey himself? He'll only say something when it becomes an eye for an eye to protect his Fulani people.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by CyberWolf: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2015
Missy89:

I remember posting on one of the Fulani thread criticizing southerners seeing the Fulani invasion as a yoruba thing when they should be finding a way to work together and send them back to the North. The thread was riddled with quotes from Yorubas and Igbos calling themselves cowards and posting links about the same issue when it happened in Enugu. I stop commenting on the Falae and Fulani issue after that since no one seems to get the point.
Yes I remembered the thread but you have to stand your ground regardless what anybody is saying. I stood my ground on that thread saying that we should stand with Yorubas against these murderers because they don't care whether you are Igbo or Yoruba. Aren't you surprised that we've never heard of them destroying farmlands in lands in places like Kano, bauchi, sokoto and other core northern states? That's to tell you that these has a sinister agenda..
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by CyberWolf: 11:40am On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

She doesn't care about Fulani. The only people she cares about apart from Yorubas are Edos and that's cos her mum is an Ibadanised Akoko Edo woman.

The only time I'm at loggerheads with her is on international politics. And probably one time when she almost disrespected the Lagos King. She's family and different from all these other dumb slags - with garbage in, garbage out mentality.

What else do you expect from a president that's a cow jockey himself? He'll only say something when it becomes an eye for an eye to protect his Fulani people.
I don't have any problem with one's political inclination but when one allows political sentiments beclouds one's sense of reasoning, that's when it becomes a problem.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by masseratti: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
That is the same thing we are saying. This leaders from south has been there all this while, what did they do? Isn't it obvious that they are reluctant about solving this problem. But Falana wants you to go suck the balls of the leaders begging them to solve this problem.

The earlier we start protecting ourselves from this people by attacking them head long both verbally and physically, the better for all of. At least the only language our leaders understands is violence..
the problem with them the Fulanis, they are just like Lagos area boys,they are cowards they don't have a place you can pin point them, they are nomads they hit you and they run,they can come for you in the middle of the Night and run away because you and your family are station in a location, it is left for us to push the Government not even the FG those once will not do anything but the state can empower the people enact laws that will stop this menaces.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by masseratti: 11:48am On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol.

I'm not In New York. I'm a Londoner.

Naija isn't the belly of the beast.

The beast is the unseen power that rules the world - the brain behind world domination via money and the powers that be. And while DC is the poster child for the beast - London is its belly and its brain. That's why higher minds call London the belly of the beast. grin
lol,oh goodness poster child? I hear you.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by free13: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Falana is simply defending his Fulani slavemasters with all his strength so there grand patron will remember him in his next batch of noisemakers.

Next thing now he will blame Igbo herdsmen angry

Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by masseratti: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

There's a big market for hide and skin globally. So if you take care of the business side - they can always go that route. And that won't stop them from being nomadic. Evidently, you haven't solved the problem.

Lol. I doubt state government can ban them since the FG has more powers than state governments in Nigeria and they control the centre. So they can always veto that with ease. And the problem would still be there.

Only the FG can solve the Fulani problem and since they don't care - folks need to start protecting themselves. When it becomes an eye for an eye, they'll stop killing people and find other ways to rear their cows.
they are at advantage because they move around, and yes a state Government can enact laws banning open grazing of animals anywhere in the state,once that is done and anyone grazing animals in open field is arrested and their cattle is impounded they will go back,highest they will attack government institutions which I know they don't have the capacity to attack, it can be done at a point people said you can't ban okada riders,Fashola did heaven did not fall,now bobo orobo is there and the old system is bad with gridlock everywhere.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by otr1(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2015
From human right angle, he's right, but not in common sense.
I stand with Afenifere on this.
Any plan to set up ranches in SW for fulani herdsmen will not fly. Let them do that in states indigenous to fulanis.
If meat consumption will threaten our territorial integrity, I think it's best to stop eating it.
I've not tasted beef this year and not planning to do so anytime soon and heaven will not fall.
Falana should not play with fire.
Yoruba interest first, before National interest.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
I don't have any problem with one's political inclination but when one allows political sentiments beclouds one's sense of reasoning, that's when it becomes a problem.

I concur.

The only folks that will allow political inclination becloud common sense, and survival - are only useful idiots who don't have the mental capacity to process anything apart from what they want to feast on. And you'll notice that a lot of them are functional illiterates.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
masseratti:
lol,oh goodness poster child? I hear you.

Lol.

The poster child is the axis that King George built. But the belly of the beast is like the unseen hands that touched George Foreman in the jungles of Zaire. Higher minds should be able to demystify this. grin
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
masseratti:
they are at advantage because they move around, and yes a state Government can enact laws banning open grazing of animals anywhere in the state,once that is done and anyone grazing animals in open field is arrested and their cattle is impounded they will go back,highest they will attack government institutions which I know they don't have the capacity to attack, it can be done at a point people said you can't ban okada riders,Fashola did heaven did not fall,now bobo orobo is there and the old system is bad with gridlock everywhere.

I don't think that's practical in a country like Nigeria. That would amount to putting a restriction on movement and the FG can always veto cos it has absolute powers.

The only thing state governors can focus on is the protection of the lives and properties of their constituencies. And they can start by creating a neighbourhood watch task force (it can be covert) that folks can get in touch with at any time of the day, with orders to kill, if needs be. When they start killing them like flies - they'll stop acting like savages.

They're not the only pastoralists in Africa - there are bigger pastoral groups in Sudan, Rwanda, Kenya and all over the continent and they don't cause the same problems everywhere. Heck, even the other Fulanis all over West Africa aren't as problematic as the ones in Nigeria. I think the ones in Nigeria just think they're invincible cos of the sense of entitlement that they own the country, hence the madness. Once folks start blowing their brains off and taking their cows - they will change their tactics and learn how to act like normal human beings.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by masseratti: 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

I don't think that's practical in a country like Nigeria. That would amount to putting a restriction on movement and the FG can always veto cos it has absolute powers.

The only thing state governors can focus on is the protection of the lives and properties of their constituencies. And they can start by creating a neighbourhood watch task force (it can be covert) that folks can get in touch with at any time of the day, with orders to kill, if needs be. When they start killing them like flies - they'll stop acting like savages.

They're not the only pastoralists in Africa - there are bigger pastoral groups in Sudan, Rwanda, Kenya and all over the continent and they don't cause the same problems everywhere. Heck, even the other Fulanis all over West Africa aren't as problematic as the ones in Nigeria. I think the ones in Nigeria just think they're invincible cos of the sense of entitlement that they own the country, hence the madness. Once folks start blowing their brains off and taking their cows - they will change their tactics and learn how to act like normal human beings.
pastoral groups are problematic in Kenya too yes in Nigeria they are becoming a bigger problem, the FG cannot over ride the state Government on this because it's not their turf in the constitution.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
masseratti:
pastoral groups are problematic in Kenya too yes in Nigeria they are becoming a bigger problem, the FG cannot over ride the state Government on this because it's not their turf in the constitution.

Thanks for the Kenyan reference. I just did a little background research on that and it's only secluded to one region - Northern Kenya. Unlike the Fulani problem, which is a national problem. This is the full PDF file of someone scholarship on the Kenyan issue: http://practicalaction.org/docs/region_east_africa/conflict_in_northern_kenya.pdf

State governments in Nigeria don't have the absolute powers to restrict movement within the country - I don't think the constitution allows that. So it can always be vetoed.

Anyway, Yoruba nation is a nation within the Nigerian borders (Yorubaland is more of real country than Nigeria will ever be) - and the onus will always be on Yorubas to protect their territorial integrity and defenceless Yoruba folks against marauders. No one's life is worth snapping out cos of cows/meat.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by masseratti: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Thanks for the Kenyan reference. I just did a little background research on that and it's only secluded to one region - Northern Kenya. Unlike the Fulani problem, which is a national problem. This is the full PDF file of someone scholarship on the Kenyan issue: http://practicalaction.org/docs/region_east_africa/conflict_in_northern_kenya.pdf

State governments in Nigeria don't have the absolute powers to restrict movement within the country - I don't think the constitution allows that. So it can always be vetoed.

Anyway, Yoruba nation is a nation within the Nigerian borders (Yorubaland is more of real country than Nigeria will ever be) - and the onus will always be on Yorubas to protect their territorial integrity and defenceless Yoruba folks against marauders. No one's life is worth snapping out cos of cows/meat.
yes Yoruba is a Nation in Nigeria yes the states cannot restrict movements but they can restrict the activities of residence,in some states in the north your can't drink alcohol in the public and the constitution is not against that law same way that law operate it can be applied to people breeding livestocks in public with out restrictions and regulations the constitution is not against that.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
masseratti:
yes Yoruba is a Nation in Nigeria yes the states cannot restrict movements but they can restrict the activities of residence,in some states in the north your can't drink alcohol in the public and the constitution I not again most that law same way that law operate it can be applied to people breeding livestocks in public with out restrictions and regulations the constitution is not against that.

Okay.

In whatever they do - they must protect the territorial integrity of Yorubaland and innocent poor folks on their farmlands. Not all Yoruba folks can be jobless political hacks scrounging for crumbs like the loudest ones out there and the illiterates who populate this forum.

The decent ones out there in villages and their livelihoods must be protected.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by divineappo(m): 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
when the fulani herdsmen kidnapped an ordinary citizen, yoruba leaders were silent, now they kidnapped olu falae, they want to banish fulani pple. To hell wit those leaders. They are part of d problem of dis country. Old pple indeed. Their brain don weak.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by masseratti: 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Okay.

In whatever they do - they must protect the territorial integrity of Yorubaland and innocent poor folks on their farmlands. Not all Yoruba folks can be jobless political hacks scrounging for crumbs like the loudest ones out there and the illiterates who populate this forum.

The decent ones out there in villages and their livelihoods must be protected.
sorry about the typo, work is seriously distracting me here play am typing with my phone.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by Shymm3x: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
masseratti:
sorry about the typo, work is seriously distracting me here play am typing with my phone.

I understand - it's all about the message. grin

I don't even proof-read my posts before I click send and most times I just glance through and edit the typos in there. So it's no biggie and I probably have a few spelling/grammatical errors in mine as well.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by masseratti: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

I understand - it's all about the message. grin

I don't even proof-read my posts before I click send and most times I just glance through and edit the typos in there. So it's no biggie and I probably have a few spelling/grammatical errors in mine as well.
Aiit man,av a lovely day abi night ni.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by macof(m): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
ibadanfinest:
All the idiotic biafrans on this thread calling Yoruba betrayals, I think you all lack sense o, Yoruba's have independent mind, we cannot allow some people to just decide for us all In d name of elders.
We need not form alliance with you guys, for what?. What are we going to benefit from the alliance.

Those Fulani were just used ni jare, are they that smart that security agency cannot capture them.

You are so gullible. Smart or otherwise, it's not generic to any one ethnic nation

Even the independent mind you speak about yorubas, many yorubas have proven to be Eru gambari
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by macof(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
nduchucks:
The nomadic way of life of the herdsmen, protected under the constitution of this great country, must be preserved.

It will take great minds and not pumpous dullards to find unique solutions to our unique problems.

The cultivating way of life of the Yoruba Agbe, protected under the constitution of this country must be preserved.

No fvcking fulani herdsmen should pose any challenge to the great people of Yorubaland

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by macof(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
MbashrexBashir:
If Femi Fani Kayode would at least be a little wise as this man things will go smoothly in the country
Fani Kayode might be a talkative but he speaks what people need to hear even if they don't want to hear it
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by nduchucks: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
macof:

The cultivating way of life of the Yoruba Agbe, protected under the constitution of this country must be preserved.

No fvcking fulani herdsmen should pose any challenge to the great people of Yorubaland

Foul mouth will not help your points if you have any. Citizens pose challenges to their governments and other citizens, routinely. The wise ones lead and proffer solutions to these challenges.

Curse words will never solve the problem. Grow up!
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by macof(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
nduchucks:

Foul mouth will not help your points if you have any. Citizens pose challenges to their governments and other citizens, routinely. The wise ones lead and proffer solutions to these challenges.

Curse words will never solve the problem. Grow up!

The solution is simple. Herdsmen should leave SW

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by nduchucks: 1:15am On Oct 14, 2015
macof:

The solution is simple. Herdsmen should leave SW

I knew you didn't have it in you. pele o.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by ibadanfinest(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2015
macof:

You are so gullible. Smart or otherwise, it's not generic to any one ethnic nation

Even the independent mind you speak about yorubas, many yorubas have proven to be Eru gambari

Its not your fault o, but you have no point o. Since democracy returned, we have ruled for 8 years even when jona and year adua first tenure, they were seen as obj boys so more like 12 years, when u say eru, am sure u meant politically which is far from the Truth. Eyin omo ale jati jati Biafra, The first coalition was BTW Azikiwe and Ahmadu bello against our own awolowo in case u don't know your history, u will never see that as betrayal but when its anoda tribe coalition, u leave your mother tongue and start speaking Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana by macof(m): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2015
ibadanfinest:

Its not your fault o, but you have no point o. Since democracy returned, we have ruled for 8 years even when jona and year adua first tenure, they were seen as obj boys so more like 12 years, when u say eru, am sure u meant politically which is far from the Truth. Eyin omo ale jati jati Biafra, The first coalition was BTW Azikiwe and Ahmadu bello against our own awolowo in case u don't know your history, u will never see that as betrayal but when its anoda tribe coalition, u leave your mother tongue and start speaking Yoruba.
ok how did igbos benefit from the coalition? Awolowo's western region was still far ahead of them in development.
Let's see if yoruba will benefit anything from this

I don't know how coalition with the north has brought ur people progress

Mumu, I'm yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have Not Visited Buhari In London – Idris, IGP / Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months / Yahaya Bello: CSOs Protest Against EFCC In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.