Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Eyo Festival Is Occultic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eyo Festival Is Occultic (6387 Views)

Osinbanjo Throws Jibes At Tinubu, Tinubu Fires Back; As He Dances To Eyo Steps / Do Nigerians Deserve An Occultic (ogboni) President For 4 Years? / Jonathan's Declaration On 11-11-2014 Has Occultic Significance - Chris Okotie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by Hauwa1: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2009
Tpiah,
I fully agree with you, seems disney took nig idea of masquarading cheesy
. there is also one in nig that i even heard kills women, that women must not see, what a culture undecided
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by udezue(m): 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hauwa,

Aint u Hausa / Fulani?
Ur name seems like it.
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by Hauwa1: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2009
lipsrsealed wink
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by Pataki: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2009
*Hauwa*:

lipsrsealed wink

Hmmmmm! cool
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by Hauwa1: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2009
Pataki, why the hmmmm grin
whatsup
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by babapupa: 2:16am On Apr 28, 2009
so much stupidity, silliness and ignorance
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by ohla(f): 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2009
@poster, wer are you from, can you guys just enjoy life without over analysising it?, if we celebrate seasons , then why nt culture?and to the guy that stil has 9tmares of Eyo, am sure that not the only thingy in u long list of 9tmares, if sumtin harmless as Eyo can scare u dat easy, i havent seen Eyo in a long while and i have fond memos of it, Eyo is just like any other festival like New Yam Festival ,Arugungu to name a few.
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by tpiah: 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2009
ohla:

@poster, wer are you from, can you guys just enjoy life without over analysising it?, if we celebrate seasons , then why nt culture?and to the guy that stil has 9tmares of Eyo, am sure that not the only thingy in u long list of 9tmares, if sumtin harmless as Eyo can scare u dat easy, i havent seen Eyo in a long while and i have fond memos of it, Eyo is just like any other festival like New Yam Festival ,Arugungu to name a few.

hello- did I say Eyo was the masquerade I was referring to? It wasnt Eyo- it was one of those other ones.

Like I mentioned before, Eyo is milder compared to others.

Some masqueraders sef are more likely to get nightmares, if they know they'll be unmasked for unneccesarily oppressing others.
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by tpiah: 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2009
this is what I'm talking about

hope all of you die hard traditionalists are noticing the women watching the masquerades without harassment?

This is the 21st century. undecided
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by babapupa: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
Is brazilian samba ocult?

Is Mardi Gras Ocult?

I honestly think some people just like to talk just for the heck of it

some of he Ignorant remarks in this thread sounds tribal and misguided,

Women participation and enjoying eyo festival,

Eyo Festival: Adamu Orisa Play @ Tafawa Balewa Square::04-25-09[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B]

[quote][/QUOTE]

http://happylagosian..com/
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by tpiah: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
impressive turnout cheesy

gosh, I love these damasks

Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by tpiah: 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
Eyo song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh2F2aN3uXU&feature=related

the sticks should be replaced with cardboard or silk ones though. People complain of being beaten.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbH7kb5Ef7s
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by redsun(m): 6:53pm On Apr 29, 2009
I use to love Fela closing tune in the shrine,Eyo,i have never heard that music out shrine.Nothing can take the of Fela shrine,it will remain a vacuum.
Re: Eyo Festival Is Occultic by blokoncept(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2009
nigerians what are we doing to our generation,
we are bring back idoliatry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Kogi Oil Well Controversy: The Igalas Are Descendants Of The Igbos / Is Nnamdi Kanu, Director of Radio Biafra A Scammmer - Yahoo Boy? Photos / Hitler. The Greatest Statesman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.