Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies (25333 Views)

Buhari’s Silence On Southern Kaduna Genocide Worrisome – CAN / Tom Marino Writes Kerry, Accuses Buhari Of Autocratic Tendencies / Senator Dino Melaye Stupendous Display Of Wealth Is Irritating (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by babyfaceafrica: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
we need quality not gender-based representation,also the former female ministers didnt do well

8 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by modath(f): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
Firefire:

represent yourself with f now. tongue

I didn't gree, cheesy

Want to maintain the status quo & let people take my opinion as it is without attaching any sentiments, alluding to PMS or being a frustrated maiden.. tongue

I wish more women of "honour" (not charlatans to fill up space) will make the cabinet though, but I'm not holding my breath for more than 3-4 more..
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Firefire(m): 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
modath:

I didn't gree, cheesy

Want to maintain the status quo & let people take my opinion as it is without attaching any sentiments, alluding to PMS or being a frustrated maiden.. tongue

I wish more women of "honour" (not charlatans to fill up space) will make the cabinet though, but I'm not holding my breath for more than 3-4 more..

ok ma. your call...
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by AZeD1(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
Is Nkechi Ugwu a member of the Nigerian senate because the Shadow cabinet in the UK is comprised of senior members of parliament who are in the opposition.

3 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by BustScam: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
AZeD1:
Is Nkechi Ugwu a member of the Nigerian senate because the Shadow cabinet in the UK is comprised of senior members of parliament who are in the opposition.

When will people have eyes to see?
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Oladipupo22: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
The mods won't mind things like this ooo

it's Yemi Alade news....MizMyColi

Well done floor making us know about this...

lalasticlala move it na

1 Like

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by themilanway(m): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

You are in no moral position to tell me what is low or lowee.
Certainly not you of all people.
I have seen you go down positions that are lower than lowest.
Your opinion of me has become very inconsequential.
My conscience is my guide, and mine alone to interrogate and dissect.

You should have just waka passed instead of commenting on this petty sentimental thread.
But your loff for me won't let you, will it?tongue

cheesygrincheesy

I won't deny that I don't loff you,then again,that I loff you won't stop me from calling you out if and when necessary.

As for judging what is"low"or not from you is irrelevant.I take it back because I could feel your venom in your reply.

I'm sure I will have melt in your presence cheesy cheesy
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by temitemi1(m): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
All hail Shadow Cabinet of Nigeria!!
MizMyColi:
The Shadow Cabinet of Nigeria (SCN), an innovative style of opposition politics in Nigeria which is modeled after similar bodies in the UK and Australia has come out to condemn that lack of female representation in the 21-man list of ministerial nominees sent to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The SCN, which is made up of smart, patriotic and young democrats of the opposition spoke through a statement made available to The Trent and signed by Nkechi Ugwu, the Secretary of Women Affairs and Social Development of the SCN.

In the statement, the SCN called to mind that the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan gave women about 35% representation in his appointments, wondering why President Buhari has chosen not to tow the same path, as his 21-man ministerial nominees only had about 3 women.

The group also bemoaned the fact that the three women in the list are already facing stiff opposition from their various states.

The statement reads:

World over, the role of women in governance cannot be overstated. During the last administration, we saw increased participation of women in public administration, though not without the attendant controversies.

The giant strides they made and their collective landmark achievements would remain a point of reference for years to come. The Buhari led government seems poised on taking us back to the old era, and now, we are forced to ask; “Are Women really insignificant as far as governance is concerned in Nigeria”?

Since this female biased ministerial nominees list was released by the president Buhari government (the leaked list and their portfolios which poses a serious credibility question to this administration is a topic for another day), one would think that by looking up various fora, there would be articles and essays addressing the apparent neglect of women by the present administration, but we found to our utter dismay that this is not so.

The only visible article on this topic which was written by Bimbo Adelakun of Punch Newspaper has been taken down from their website.

This has really given us concern as a group as we are gradually realizing how insignificant the Nigerian government of this dispensation intends to make women. Globally, women are making as much input(s) socially, economically and politically as their male counterparts. It is therefore an injustice on the part of the Buhari led administration to knowingly seclude and relegate them to the background while making vital political and administrative appointments.

It is highly alarming that out of the twenty one (21) ministerial nominees as announced by the Nigerian Senate, only three women made the list and to worsen the situation, they are currently facing a backlash of sorts from their respective states.

It is on record that the previous administration gave the women a 35% political playing field which motivated and led to the active participation and empowerment of the women in a democratic setting. We expect this administration to consolidate on such precedent and not destroy it completely.

It is no longer news that women in several capacities have faced degradation socially and culturally but the protection of women rights and gender equality has secured a special place internationally through various statutes, acts and more explicitly in the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).

Nigeria, being a signatory to this goal and most of the international laws that empower women should not pay lip service to such proclamations, but do everything within her power to uphold it through direct actions such as the appointment of women into various important positions in the federation as was the norm in the previous administration.

While not undermining the cultural and religious impediments this administration might be facing due to the region and religious faith of the president, it will be right to remind him that for a nation to grow, we all need to grow above our various itinerant affiliations and brace up to the realities of true democracy, federalism and development.

We hope that the Buhari led administration would henceforth show true equity and fairness as far as gender roles in governance is concerned.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/ministerial-nominees-group-decries-buharis-worrisome-display-of-misogynistic-tendencies/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by sukkot: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
In the statement, the SCN called to mind that the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan gave women about 35% representation in his appointments,
and we are still trying to recover from that. turns out women are more kleptomaniac than men lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by BiafranAvatar(m): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
These ranting again!

Cho! Cho!! Cho Cho!!! Like over-fed baby parrots.

Nah only where e benefits women them dey talk.

Why dey neva write to Nigeria Army to tell them to send more females soldiers to fight the insurgents in Maidugri?

Secondus!!!

Just Say The Name "BiafranAvatar"
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Captainswag225(m): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
buhari is a clueless president, jonathan was better than him.

2 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by shamecurls(m): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
After the horrible experience we had with Allison Madukwe and Okonjo Iweala

5 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Captainswag225(m): 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
adorable29, which party are do u support?
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by MizMyColi(f): 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
themilanway:

I won't deny that I don't loff you,then again,that I loff you won't stop me from calling you out if and when necessary.

As for judging what is"low"or not from you is irrelevant.I take it back because I could feel your venom in your reply.

I'm sure I will have melt in your presence cheesy cheesy

Aii
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by inicyril(m): 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
did that make women support Jonathan's reelection?

2 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by FlyboyZee: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
themilanway:
The Trent a Jonathanian propanganda newspaper.

Mzmycoli=Nkechi Ugwu.

Shadow is a slang commonly use in bus stop.
"Oh boy abeg shadow for me na"

What else?
I no know say Bus Conductors dey Nairaland too o...
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by drss(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
Like konga buari is a disappointment.
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by dunkem21(m): 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
drss:
Like konga buari is a disappointment.
LOL grin

1 Like

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by daniella04: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
These ranting again!

Why dey neva write to Nigeria Army to tell them to send more females soldiers to fight the insurgents in Maidugri?
Stop acting childish must everyone support the government of the day, it's very rude of you to say one is ranting because they have a different opinion
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by lilmax(m): 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
These ranting again!

you dey mind them? Them never serious grin
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
As long as its Trent...forgerrit...useless propaganda. I ll listen and support any shadow cabinet from neutral and sensible people. Not anything GEJ/CurrentPDP/Trent...

1 Like

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Pidggin(f): 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
Medicine after death. We the wise ones saw this coming hence we did not vote for pmb. Now they are talking of GEJ, but these same women did not appreciate him despite the fact that Fmr President Jonathan obliged us and gave the 35% quote that was demanded, now they are wailing. Keep wailing you still have four more years of wailing to do cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by StepTwo: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
These ranting again!

this got me laughing......... U need paracetamol
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by broxymall(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
undecided
i laugh in chinese

Get your Timberland Boot,Sneakers, Emporio armani, Casio Edifice, Mechanical chronograph Tourbillion watch et al , visit link at signature
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Bollinger(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
These ranting again!

Well said bro, well said.
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by stalyf(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
One major gain of the Jonathan administration being eroded by PMB

2 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by adorable29(f): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Captainswag225:
adorable29, which party are do u support?

None..,

For now.
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by utuk: 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
the last time women were given 35% in former GEJ administration was when looting of public treasury took front stage. billions of dollars got missed under the watchful eyes of Mr President.

1 Like

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by lastpage: 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
These ranting again!

Dont mind the silly Male-haterz!

Women should get things on MERIT... since they claim equality with men.
You dont see men #Wailing that they did not give them a post just because dem get Blockus!
Any woman that wants anything she should fight for it.
If you want to become Governor, CONTEST election afterall, there are more women in Nigeria that can vote for you.

Funnily, women dont even trust fellow women, to vote for them as Governor or Political office holders.
What they cant get legitimately, they want to use "Bottom Power" to get!

Nigeria is not foolish like UK, in that regard. We practice "real equality" of sexes
undecided

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by Captainswag225(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
adorable29:

None..,
For now.
lemme make the choice for u.
Re: Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies by lastpage: 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
Pidggin:
Medicine after death. We the wise ones saw this coming hence we did not vote for pmb. Now they are talking of GEJ, but these same women did not appreciate him despite the fact that Fmr President Jonathan obliged us and gave the 35% quote that was demanded, now they are wailing. Keep wailing you still have four more years of wailing to do cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

....and see how you ruined his Government so much so, he is the first INCUMBENT to be voted out of office!

"he gave us".. "he gave us" .... not "we earned it".

How shameful is that?

"Wise ones" indeed!

Lastpage!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dubai Properties: Terrorists Have Migrated To The Internet – Buratai / Ribadu's excesses, not me, removed him from office - James Ibori / Osun 2022: INEC Releases Final List Of Gubernatorial Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.