Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,007 members, 7,845,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War (550 Views)

Soludo Backs Buhari’s Emergency Bill, Proposes N19trn ‘Anti-Recession’ Blueprint / Witches Association Backs Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War -vanguard / Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War by Nairalanddiary: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2015
A former Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has expressed support for President Muhammadu Buhari’s effort at tackling corruption, saying graft remains Nigeria’s biggest impediment to achieving Sustainable Development Goals.

“The new president of the country who is just taking office has made it the central plan of his administration to fight corruption to root it out, and he sets about restructuring some of the key agencies where things are happening, setting example,”

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said with “the example being set by the president” she was hopeful Nigeria will get rid of corruption.

She also hinted that her decision to join the Goodluck Jonathan government — after serving in the Obasanjo government – may have been mistaken.

“When the opportunity came to go for it for the second time, I went, perhaps unwisely, but I went because no one will fight this corruption for us, we have to do it ourselves….,” she said. “But having left government, I have come under attack with people saying she’s done this or that, trying to join you in the group of the corrupt.”

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala commented on Mr. Buhari assigning the petroleum ministry to himself.
“I think the president has the prerogative to do a lot of things, and this is not the first time in our country. President Obasanjo was also the president of Petroleum Resources in his time. I am not saying this is the best way or best practice but I am just saying for our circumstances it is not the first time,” she said.

Re: Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 13, 2015
My Woman My Everything(Economically)...

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War by IGBOPRINCE: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2015
She s so different and unique..
Carry on..
Re: Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War by clevadani: 7:59am On Oct 13, 2015
Wetin she wan talk before? She no want wetin happen to dieziani, happen to her. Where pesin go come dey sick because buhari na president

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War by teadrake(m): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2015
I smell Soft-Landing here.Nonetheless, well said Harvard madam.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War by Nairalanddiary: 8:24am On Oct 13, 2015
clevadani:
Wetin she wan talk before? She no want wetin happen to dieziani, happen to her. Where pesin go come dey sick because buhari na president

Buhari didn't give dieziani cancer na...u people loool

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Attacks Saraki / Lagos Assembly Confirms 37 Cabinet Nominees For Ambode / In The Words Of Patrick Obahiagbon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.