Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? (13211 Views)

How Nigeria And South Africa Traded Dead Bodies For Seized Money / Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% / How Nigeria Sees The World Vs How South Africa Sees The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by OmoNaijaUK(m): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hello all,  Pls, someone has just obtained International drivers licence for me from Nigeria but when I got it today, it does not look like what I was expecting. It is just like[b] a BROWN COLOR old generation primary school ID card. Not computerised at all but hand written wit PLA stamp, like 18th century bank passbook.[/b] PLEASE, IS IT GENUINE? I am afraid of UK Police to accuse me of possessing a fake document. PLEASE, ADVISE!
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
Yes it is like that. I used one before years back. It looks like a report card, only smaller.

Ideally, it would be hard for the UK police to prove it is fake. However, remember that it is only valid for 12months, after which you have to apply for a UK license.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tboy1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2009
Its Green on top, with a blue line under the green (international) is written in the blue line and the rest of the front is like a pinkish/brownish colour. The back is white and green and it feel like a laminated paper. I heard Nigerian International licence will no longer be accepted in UK from 2 months time.
Thats what the cops told my friend dat was stopped a week ago
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2009
tboy1:

I heard Nigerian International licence will no longer be accepted in UK from 2 months time.
Thats what the cops told my friend dat was stopped a week ago

The police can be a jobsworth at times.

This is from the DVLA website

You may drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes and with up to eight passenger seats, provided your full licence or driving permit remains valid for up to 12 months from the date of coming to GB. However, you may only drive large vehicles which have been registered outside GB and which you have driven into the country.

There is nothing saying the international licence would no longer be valid. It gets my coat when they say things just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by OmoNaijaUK(m): 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2009
tboy1:

Its Green on top, with a blue line under the green (international) is written in the blue line and the rest of the front is like a pinkish/brownish colour. The back is white and green and it feel like a laminated paper.

Thanks you all for your reply. But I did not see all those features described by tboy1 and this licence was obtained from the Osun State licensing office, Secretariat, Abere, Osogbo.

Any way, thank you all.

Omo Naija, UK
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2009
I just pity you, by the time you get slammed in prison, you will holla at the top of your voice and say "Jesus is the Lord".

For your information, Nigeria is not one of the countries from which the international driving license is applicable or acceptable from. This shows you are in the UK, but you lack so many viable information, got to the Met website and see for yourself, the license you hold is just like another piece of paper to the police, do not use it, you have been warned. If I get the link, I will send it to you.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2009

Can you please post a link.

DVLA have the ultimate say as to what is accepted or not.

Here is the Met police website, perhaps someone have a better searching skill than I do.

http://www.met.police.uk/index.shtml
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRufai

People like us dont just live in the UK, we live in the UK with facts and our heads screwed up tight so that no white skin goon will stop us while rolling in our wheels - you know, people like you still live on old facts - hahahaha.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tboy1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

ElRufai
People like us dont just live in the UK, we live in the UK with facts and our heads screwed up tight so that no white skin goon will stop us while rolling in our wheels - you know, people like you still live on old facts - hahahaha.
u sure?  undecided

You are allowed to use an international licence if you have a nigerian passport and you're only allowed to use the licence for 12months. After 12 months you have to get a UK licence
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by MrCrackles(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2009
OmoNaijaUK:

Hello all, Pls, someone has just obtained International drivers licence for me from Nigeria but when I got it today, it does not look like what I was expecting. It is just like[b] a BROWN COLOR old generation primary school ID card!

It is genuine unfortunately!

Some worthless piece of paper

Work towards getting your UK one dude, that paper thing is not credible at all! tongue
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

It is genuine unfortunately!

Some worthless piece of paper

Work towards getting your UK one dude, that paper thing is not credible at all! tongue

why is it worthless? because it is from Nigeria? hmmmm - some people!

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2009
tboy1:

u sure?  undecided

You are allowed to use an international licence if you have a nigerian passport and its only allowed for 12months. After 12 months you have to get a UK licence

Ignore him most times. If you pawn or own his arse in a debate. He tends to drag it across threads and just make baseless and crazy accusations. He is as weird and bizarre as eating while doing a Poo

It is stated on the DVLA website, I really do not know what he is talking about. You just ask him for a proof or link or anything like that to back up his drivel and he just goes into over drive.  undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2009
tboy1:

u sure?  undecided

You are allowed to use an international licence if you have a nigerian passport and its only allowed for 12months. After 12 months you have to get a UK licence

you will be surprised.

Stop a policeman and ask him or her - you will be amazed. Nigeria is no more part of the countries where it is acceptable,
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

why is it worthless? because it is from Nigeria? hmmmm - some people!

No because these things can be readily bought in places in London if you know your way round. It have little or no security and with the right printer, one can make an exact copy. Police know this, but because the law states that it is valid for 12months, there really isn't much they can do about it. They instead make a note of the serial number and take your details. This is filed, and if you are stopped after 12months and you still have that same licence, then you will be in trouble. On the other hand, if you get another one, the fact that your details was taken already could potentially mean trouble for you.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2009
http://qna.educouncil.org/Services_and_Facilities/nZxyNXyyYYz.html

ElRazur,

I now know you are realy not in the know! Just check a copy of the Nigeria License itself, see if UK is listed amongst the country within which it can be used - simple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Driving_Permit
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tpiah: 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2009
why are Nigerian international driving licenses acceptable overseas in the first place?

seeing how the licenses can be obtained even without the owners learning how to drive.

If at all they're allowed, shouldnt be valid for more than four months, imo.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tboy1(m): 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

Funny boy cheesy grin cheesy
Is this where you're getting ur info from?

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

ElRazur,

I now know you are realy not in the know! Just check a copy of the Nigeria License itself, see if UK is listed amongst the country within which it can be used - simple.

Is that your proof? You are funny.

DVLA says otherwise. I will therefore take the evidence of the DVLA over any forum post am afraid. Nigeria international licence is valid here, take it or leave it. smiley
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by MrCrackles(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

No because these things can be readily bought in places in London if you know your way round. It have little or no security and with the right printer, one can make an exact copy. Police know this, but because the law states that it is valid for 12months, there really isn't much they can do about it. They instead make a note of the serial number and take your details. This is filed, and if you are stopped after 12months and you still have that same licence, then you will be in trouble. On the other hand, if you get another one, the fact that your details was taken already could potentially mean trouble for you.

Thank you
! cheesy
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tboy1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2009
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hey,

I am not ready to argue with any of you, you havent had the opportunity to buy a car - talkess of having police to stop you, I have driven four vehicles in the UK including a Mercedes Benz 500 ML, if you like, say I am lieing and go jump in front of a moving car to prove your point - I am talking from experience, if you like, stop a police officer and ask - if you have a copy, run thru it and see if the UK is listed there amongst the countries you can use it.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tboy1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

Hey,

I am not ready to argue with any of you, you havent had the opportunity to buy a car - talkess of having police to stop you, I have driven four vehicles in the UK including a Mercedes Benz 500 ML, if you like, say I am lieing and go jump in front of a moving car to prove your point - I am talking from experience, if you like, stop a police officer and ask - if you have a copy, run thru it and see if the UK is listed there amongst the countries you can use it.

cheesy grin cheesy
You iz a [b]BIG [/b]Clown
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

Hey,

As usual he makes a rant and weird post when challenged or proved wrong.

What makes you think people here dont drive? Dude you don't know who people are and you need to stop making a fool of yourself with your weird ego.

So you drove a 500ml? So mean what to me? You are a joke and a bad joke at best.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2009
tBoy

hahaha - what is funny in what I have said? Or is it paining you that you havent had enough money to buy a car? You can buy a car for £200, if you want, tilapia boy.

ElRazur - so what If I have driven that, hahaha - I see your belle is now turning out of jealousy and anger - lab scientist like you.

By the time the police fry your goonish arse in jail for driving with that piece of document, you will know that khaki na leather, ignoramus like u.

In fact, i now know there are so many ignoramus on NairaLand- my prayer and wish is that out of their ignorance, they will all land in jail one by one so we can be free from them on NairaLand.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tboy1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

tBoy
hahaha - what is funny in what I have said? Or is it paining you that you havent had enough money to buy a car? You can buy a car for £200, if you want, tilapia boy.
ppl like u make me laugh and d name u came up with tilapia boy was also funny  cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

tBoy

ElRazur - so what If I have driven that, hahaha - I see your belle is now turning out of jealousy and anger - lab scientist like you.

By the time the police fry your goonish arse in jail for driving with that piece of document, you will know that khaki na leather, ignoramus like u.

This is just silly. I think you forgot to mention the Ferrari 355 you have and the 2 Escalade parked in front of your house in the rich part of Peckham, where you have heated swimming pool too. Have GM motors delivered the Porsche 911 you ordered already?

God I envy you so much.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2009
TBoy1

Do you know I know who you are? I used to work in Southampton - you will be surprised. I used to work in the town hall - opposite Matalan -

ElRufai.

What are you saying?
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

ElRufai.

What are you saying?

I keep thinking the same thing in my head, when I read your post. undecided
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tombola: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
Now I see say it is worthless being on NairaLand - make I find something challenging to do - these peeps on NairaLand are blockheads and fowl breath nin compoops.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by ElRazur: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
tboy1:

ppl like u make me laugh and d name u came up with tilapia boy was also funny  cheesy grin cheesy

Just call him Tombolo or something. Tombolo is the sound a hard human Poo makes when it drops in the toilet.
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by tboy1(m): 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2009
tombola:

TBoy1
Do you know I know who you are? I used to work in Southampton - you will be surprised.

<Post Deleted>
Re: Who Knows How Nigeria International Drivers' Licence Looks Like? by OmoNaijaUK(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
Thanks to all of U but there is no need for fighting. This is why our leaders have not suceeded at National Assembly. They wasted so much times on argueing unneccessarily. They fought for almost 6months to remove Olubunmi Ete, wasted 3 useful months on probing useless power project. If it is Britain, I know the people (Tax Payers alliance) would calculate the taxpayers money (the time and the MP pays) they have wasted because they value their times for money.

Please, let us argue objectively and to the point. we need not to fight over an issue. We are the HOPE of Nigeria.

Once again, Thank you all and good nite.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Florida Gov, De Santis Signs Bill Banning Kids Under 14 From Having SM Accounts / Speech Made By Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu To His Cabinet / Trump: New York Expands Legal Defnition Of Rape, Includes Nonconsensual Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.