Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,200 members, 7,849,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

NGF Gets Tip To Access $500m World Bank Fund - Tribune. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGF Gets Tip To Access $500m World Bank Fund - Tribune. (838 Views)

18 States That Will Benefit From $500m World Bank Projects / EFCC Finds $86m Paris Club Refund In Ngf’s Account / Governors Seek Access To $3.2Billion World Bank Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGF Gets Tip To Access $500m World Bank Fund - Tribune. by Mrbllymer: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2015
THE Nigeria Governors’
Forum (NGF), on Tuesday, received briefing from the
Federal Ministry of Health on how states can access a $500 million for the development of health
facilities.

Governors of the 36 states of the federation, who met at
the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, also received briefing from the
Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National
Petroleum Corporation
(NNPC), Ibe Kachikwu, on the reforms being carried out in the corporation.

Briefing State House
correspondents after the meeting, chairman of the NGF and Zamfara State governor, Abdulaziz Yari, said the
briefing of the governors by the agencies was at the
instance of President
Muhammadu Buhari.

Yari revealed that state
governments had been
unable to access the WorldBank fund.

“There is a fund from the World Bank that states cannot access. So, the Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Health briefed us on how we can access $500 million,” he said.

www.tribuneonlineng.com/node/19625
Re: NGF Gets Tip To Access $500m World Bank Fund - Tribune. by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2015
Hmm sometimes i wonder if the money and tax that we derive from natural resources and people of each states of the country are not enough for our health sector, i just dont understand the purpose of this fund from world bank.
Re: NGF Gets Tip To Access $500m World Bank Fund - Tribune. by tunwumi: 6:53am On Oct 14, 2015
Another means of looting opened. I'm sure the will get this loan and take it back to Europe.
Re: NGF Gets Tip To Access $500m World Bank Fund - Tribune. by feldido(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2015
How do our government spends money baffles me all the time. Most of them only pays salaries without a single project yet they claimed broke.

My question is how much can workers earn that will gulp all d allocations of a state?

I wonder what will happen when the center can no longer support. undecided

(1) (Reply)

We Will Never Support PDP Again – Igbo Forum / Why Biafra Scares The Living Daylights Out Of Buhari’s Gov’t / PHOTO: 8 Year Old Nigerian Boy Left Nigeria After Parents Were Killed By BH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.