Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria (33449 Views)

Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent / Expectant Mum, Kids Stranded In U.S. After Husband’s Sudden Death (pic) / Mom Snaps Photo Of Baby Eating Sand, 8 Years Later, His Fame Saves Dad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
henribj:
i am not of the opinion that any girl who gets pregnant for a celeb is a mistake.
this is because, you find out within 4 weeks that you are pregnant there is still chance to abort it, you can't say you do not have money to abort it. so therefore it is definitely intentional, either you intentionally took in, or you intentionally decided to keep the pregnancy, either way it is a conscious decision to keep the pregnancy.
#justsaying

you must be a blood sucking demon to advice people to go for abortion.....

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by henribj(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
jeffucee10:

you must be a blood sucking demon to advice people to go for abortion.....

oh are you just discovering that? I will be coming for yours next. Don't worry, you won't feel a thing.
grin

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
No be their fault ...Na end time... Bible self talk am....

Isaiah 4:1 (BBE) And in that day seven women will put their hands on one man, saying, There will be no need for you to give us food or clothing, only let us go under your name, so that our shame may be taken away.

Free the baby mama's the word of God must come to pass......lol

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
henribj:

oh are you just discovering that? I will be coming for yours next. Don't worry, you won't feel a thing.
grin

A beg come quick quick.. I dey wait for you..... you go suck full belle.....

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by uncolonised(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
henribj:

that african can as well go back to his mode of worship before becoming a christian, no one is forcing anyone to be a christian
but if one chooses to be a christian, then act like one.

We are traditionally inclined in Nigeria, so its judged that having satisfied the requirements traditionally u are automatically husband and wife, church marriage or not. Besides most people that do the so called church marriage do it for show
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by henribj(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
jeffucee10:

A beg come quick quick.. I dey wait for you..... you go suck full belle.....

i have lost interest in yours
it has no qualities that would interest me
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
henribj:

i have lost interest in yours
it has no qualities that would interest me

funny you......
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by henribj(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
uncolonised:

We are traditionally inclined in Nigeria, so its judged that having satisfied the requirements traditionally u are automatically husband and wife, church marriage or not. Besides most people that do the so called church marriage do it for show

anything worth doing is worth doing well. like i said, if you are a christian, act like one.
after respecting your traditional believes you then choose not to respect the christian believe?
give unto Caesar what is his and to God what is his.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
saintopus:

This writeup is indeed classic and epic I must say. You took most readers from mental and religious slavery to a high level of freedom and responsibility

Gracias mate.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by tlops(m): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
robosky02:

i am not judging anyonce choice but

am simply saying the trend is on the rise

lets go back to the good side of our culture marrying properly

like you said the type you choose is no once buss but let it be legal that this is your

I do not think there is much increase in the rate of baby mamas, it is just that we have better ways of obtaining private information via the social media. The likes of kollington (fuji musician), King Sunny Ade, Late Fela, MKO had children from women to whom they were not married to.

Though the trend is not to be supported but it will not stop. No one is degrading the ladies, if anything, it is the ladies degrading themselves by being cheap and hungry for fame. At least they were not raped, they willfully opened their legs to a guy who has not paid their bride price.

2 Likes

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
Is nit what nigerians women wants? Nolywood/ White peoples life style, anyway how does this put money in me pocket? undecided
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by octopusfreaky(f): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
wtfCode:

A baby mama right here.
C'mon...nothing kills a womans family and career like being a baby mama.
It brings shame to the family and no guy wants to marry a baby mama.
baby mama or not, I hate people just condemning this set of people ,are they holier than them..wtffffvvvvvckkk

2 Likes

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by anumide(f): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
robosky02:

the summary of your thought is you love babay mamas right

well i must point out to you it devalues a woman

back in the days as you said our parents dont dare touch a woman until they pay her Full dowries and get the consent and blessing of both parents.

but this days its a shame you meet her after one show somewhere ... and she gets pragnant next you come to the media with picture of your baby mama and kid

why not do the honourable thing pay the bride price which is very cheap in some culture,
get the blessing of her parents and your and let a pastor bless you both (if you cant afford a wedding gown) the key is the blessin.

in that way you secure the woman and her future. not next 2 years another shows up and you clam i never married you

ladies what your take
I don't understand your insistence on church wedding/blessing, whatever. everyone must not share your religious sentiments. if a couple decide to stick with traditional and court wedding, I don't see how it is anybody's problem. learn to mind your business.
namaste.

2 Likes

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by hensben(m): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
ronald4lif:
Your piece is laced with loopholes, ignorance and error even as you displayed your inability to respect others choices and decision. By failing to embrace others life choices and undermining their unshackling liberty you became shortfall of any right to parade your personal opinion on others.

Your write up became nauseous when you suggested P'square are not properly wedded to their wives because they haven't performed a ceremonious white wedding ritual. This disjointed assertion and display of arrogance to venture into someone's union without a need to do so speaks volume of your ignorance and lack of elementary knowledge of the matrimonial institution.

Prior to the invention of white wedding which from it inception was unconnected to religion but became customary after Queen Victoria of England wore a white gown to her court wedding and with Christians adopting the dressing code into it system there have been marriages around the world. The practice of wedding has been in force even before the advent of religion so for you or anyone to suggest that anyone who didn't wed in a church is not properly married is naive and ignorance. I don't know about you but my great grand parents and ancestors were properly married to their respective wives the traditional method without church wedding and before the importation of Abrahamic doctrines to our clan.

Lastly, the issue of baby mamas isn't confined to our celebrities like you're indicating and being insinuated by many. There have been baby mamas even before the booming of Nigeria entertainment industry and it has been a prevalence even among the 'common' class and non celebrities. I know of countless baby mamas who have never been entangled with any celebrity.
Thank you bros for this clarification on Psquare. I vex as I see that part. Jesus Christ attended a wedding in the bible not the other way round. Op don turn white wedding to be Christian wedding.. #ignorance. Smh
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
anumide:

I don't understand your insistence on church wedding/blessing, whatever. everyone must not share your religious sentiments. if a couple decide to stick with traditional and court wedding, I don't see how it is anybody's problem. learn to mind your business.
namaste.

yes there nothing wrong with doing only traditional marriage or white

the issue is the marriage of any form tradition/ church / or court should come before the babies not the other way round

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
tlops:

No one is degrading the ladies, if anything, it is the ladies degrading themselves by being cheap and hungry for fame.

thats the point

ladies been degraded

why take trash when you can be treasured.

prettythic....
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by IceDude(m): 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
onstelly:

Who! I don't catch you today, is over
Chineke! shocked.......I have implicated myself. Stella pls am very very sori its not what u think. Judging me with my past is not fair at all, its not over o
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Innomach(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
why not do the honourable thing pay the bride price which is very cheap in some culture,
get the blessing of her parents and your and let a pastor bless you both (if you cant afford a wedding gown) the key is the blessin.

What if you are neither a Christian nor Muslim, would that mean there will be no blessings in your marriage?
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by don4real18(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Op.... I'm a bit of a historian and my specialty is in culture.
You don't need to do a church wedding, a Nikai and a court wedding to be lawfully wedded.
Different cultures for different people... I'm one individual that upholds culture over tradition and so does many others.
As long as both families meet, give their consent for the couples to become one, invite people to witness their union, then they are one. No need for a pastor, an imam or a judge to preside over the wedding.
But note that such custom may not be accepted someplace else and the couples may be required to do a court wedding such as the event of travelling overseas as a married couple

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by onstelly(f): 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
IceDude:
Chineke! shocked.......I have implicated myself. Stella pls am very very sori its not what u think. Judging me with my past is not fair at all, its not over o
You are cheating on me barely one month into our r/ship
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by sexychocolate1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
henribj:
i am not of the opinion that any girl who gets pregnant for a celeb is a mistake.
this is because, you find out within 4 weeks that you are pregnant there is still chance to abort it, you can't say you do not have money to abort it. so therefore it is definitely intentional, either you intentionally took in, or you intentionally decided to keep the pregnancy, either way it is a conscious decision to keep the pregnancy.
#justsaying

Why encourage abortion. Abortion is evil except when done for some genuine reasons, like when the woman's life is at stake or the issue of rape.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Innomach:

What if you are neither a Christian nor Muslim, would that mean there will be no blessings in your marriage?

do it legally eg court wedding
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by henribj(m): 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
sexychocolate1:

Why encourage abortion. Abortion is evil except when done for some genuine reasons, like when the woman's life is at stake or the issue of rape.

encourage abortion? lol
i guess it is right for a woman to be pregnant, deliver the baby, then dump the baby at a refuse dump
grin
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by IceDude(m): 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
onstelly:

You are cheating on me barely one month into our r/ship
No o! Go and read that post again. That happened few years back when i was in Ogun state.......Have u forgiven me?
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by gemale(m): 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
Afta readn ds piece all I cn cnclude is dt its d rntn of a fellow tryn 2 seem morally uppity. Severely lackn in original thought & judgemental at its core, it reveals d deep cesspool of ignorance he/she is submerged in. D final nail 2 d coffin intering dis shambolic article is d use of d use of d well worn cliché "gud old days"... really? Dere neva was any period like dt. avn kids outta wedlock is as old as d world itself. Dere av jst bn different names 4 it. Men av always takn mistresses & concubines & had kids wt dem. I dnt tnk Dere has been a sig increase in its occurrence. It's jst dt pple talk abt it more. men av always had recognized illegitimate chldrn (bstrds) since tym immemorial. In my own opinion, 1 dsnt av 2 perform a religious ceremony 2 b termed married. As long as u marry in a court so as 2 gv it legal backn.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by internetpo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
robosky02:

Have we ever wondered what the deal is with some of our young girls that get pregnant for Nigerian celebrities who half the time probably do not give a hoot about them?

Have we ever stopped to wonder if and how they arrived at being pregnant? Yes I know they indulged in the act but did they deliberately get pregnant? Or did it happen by accident?

To be honest, at the rate at which young girls are getting pregnant for our Nigerian celebrities, I am of the opinion that they are probably even timing their ovulation to ensure they get pregnant when they engage in sexual intercourse with these men because it is so rampant that it just CANNOT be a mistake anymore.

Back in the day, Tuface Idibia was reprimanded for leading young girls astray with his numerous baby mamas but now Tuface even seems more like the normal one since he was finally able to tie the knot with one of his baby mamas at the time.

Now, we have artists like WizKid, Davido, Jesse Jagz, Flavour, Ice Prince, Patoranking, Olamide and so on. Let’s not forget the infamous Maje Ayida who had a baby by his ex-girlfriend Anita while married to his superstar wife Toke Makinwa.

Even our female celebrities have a stake in this as well with the likes of Omawunmi, Waje, Anna Banner and a host of others. But thankfully, Omawunmi married her baby daddy while pregnant with baby number two.

Is this a trend? Or are the women blinded by the fact that the men are celebrities and having a baby by them somewhat translates to “financial security”?

Please permit me to include supposed “wives” who are yet to marry in the sight of God but already have CHILDREN for their supposed “husband”. Like the likes of Psquare and brothers who are very successful but for whatever reasons known to them, have refused to marry their women in the church.
n-uprise-of-baby-mamas-in-nigeria/

Nice one Op. Thumbs up.

I wonder what some of these ladies are thinking.
Call me old fashioned too but we need to protect the sanctity of marriage and children too.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Excuse me but aren't they impregnated by men, so why aren't we critiquing baby daddies. Or do women need to keep being victims of a patriarchal society that keeps on demonising female sexual choices while absolving males of all sexual responsibility and judgement.

You have to broaden your horizon and discourage the trend of pre marital sex, that's if you want to be a well meaning member of the society.

Between has the said baby mamas decided to abort the said babies and incurred a mishap........well you know the end to that scenario better than I do

4 Likes

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Excuse me but aren't they impregnated by men, so why aren't we critiquing baby daddies. Or do women need to keep being victims of a patriarchal society that keeps on demonising female sexual choices while absolving males of all sexual responsibility and judgement.

You have to broaden your horizon and discourage the trend of pre marital sex, that's if you want to be a well meaning member of the society.

Between had the said baby mamas decided to abort the said babies and incurred a mishap........well you know the end to that scenario better than I do
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
ronald4lif:
Your piece is laced with loopholes, ignorance and error even as you displayed your inability to respect others choices and decision. By failing to embrace others life choices and undermining their unshackling liberty you became shortfall of any right to parade your personal opinion on others.

Your write up became nauseous when you suggested P'square are not properly wedded to their wives because they haven't performed a ceremonious white wedding ritual. This disjointed assertion and display of arrogance to venture into someone's union without a need to do so speaks volume of your ignorance and lack of elementary knowledge of the matrimonial institution.

Prior to the invention of white wedding which from it inception was unconnected to religion but became customary after Queen Victoria of England wore a white gown to her court wedding and with Christians adopting the dressing code into it system there have been marriages around the world. The practice of wedding has been in force even before the advent of religion so for you or anyone to suggest that anyone who didn't wed in a church is not properly married is naive and ignorance. I don't know about you but my great grand parents and ancestors were properly married to their respective wives the traditional method without church wedding and before the importation of Abrahamic doctrines to our clan.

Lastly, the issue of baby mamas isn't confined to our celebrities like you're indicating and being insinuated by many. There have been baby mamas even before the booming of Nigeria entertainment industry and it has been a prevalence even among the 'common' class and non celebrities. I know of countless baby mamas who have never been entangled with any celebrity.

Nice one jare. And as for you op, you know the babies put themselves in their mamas. Yes, let's put all the blame on the women. Shio!
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by tartarus(m): 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
henribj:
#justsaying

Nonsense! All these can be avoided if stupid men would just use a stupid condom, must you pour your stupid sperm into a stupid girls p*ssy u can't marry?! Such stupidity!

There's nothing like intentionally taking in. If it's like that, stupid men intentionally release stupid sperm into stupid her. So stupid! angry

3 Likes

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
robosky02:

the summary of your thought is you love babay mamas right

well i must point out to you it devalues a woman

back in the days as you said our parents dont dare touch a woman until they pay her Full dowries and get the consent and blessing of both parents.

but this days its a shame you meet her after one show somewhere ... and she gets pragnant next you come to the media with picture of your baby mama and kid

in that way you secure the woman and her future. not next 2 years another shows up and you clam i never married you

ladies what your take

What has being a woman got to do with value. Are women trophies to be displayed? Your myiopic, misogynistic, chauvinistic view is nauseating.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Archie30: 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Imagine those kids 're aborted. And there's no uprise to it too. Generations ve been doing it. The girls re the brave ones tbh. It's not easy to raise a child and I commend them for resisting abortion. Talk bout baby papa? It's not enough to keep picking out the girls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some MEN Are Just Babies With Big Muscle / Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed.. / Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.