Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria (33531 Views)

Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent / Expectant Mum, Kids Stranded In U.S. After Husband’s Sudden Death (pic) / Mom Snaps Photo Of Baby Eating Sand, 8 Years Later, His Fame Saves Dad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by henribj(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
tartarus:

Nonsense! All these can be avoided if stupid men would just use a stupid condom, must you pour your stupid sperm into a stupid girls p*ssy u can't marry?! Such stupidity!

There's nothing like intentionally taking in. If it's like that, stupid men intentionally release stupid sperm into stupid her. So stupid! angry

WTF?? what you trying to say dude? did anyone f..king tell you that pouring sperm into a woman is unintentional? jeez dude.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Esdb3: 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
octopusfreaky:
none of your bizzxzx..

One of the mumu the op complained about.

She'll reply me with insult but if I reveal I'm a celeb and request for a date to fix things, she'll grant and I'll be in her pants before you can even spell P.A.N.T.S
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Yehman(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
robosky02:

Have we ever wondered what the deal is with some of our young girls that get pregnant for Nigerian celebrities who half the time probably do not give a hoot about them?

Have we ever stopped to wonder if and how they arrived at being pregnant? Yes I know they indulged in the act but did they deliberately get pregnant? Or did it happen by accident?

To be honest, at the rate at which young girls are getting pregnant for our Nigerian celebrities, I am of the opinion that they are probably even timing their ovulation to ensure they get pregnant when they engage in sexual intercourse with these men because it is so rampant that it just CANNOT be a mistake anymore.

Back in the day, Tuface Idibia was reprimanded for leading young girls astray with his numerous baby mamas but now Tuface even seems more like the normal one since he was finally able to tie the knot with one of his baby mamas at the time.

Now, we have artists like WizKid, Davido, Jesse Jagz, Flavour, Ice Prince, Patoranking, Olamide and so on. Let’s not forget the infamous Maje Ayida who had a baby by his ex-girlfriend Anita while married to his superstar wife Toke Makinwa.

Even our female celebrities have a stake in this as well with the likes of Omawunmi, Waje, Anna Banner and a host of others. But thankfully, Omawunmi married her baby daddy while pregnant with baby number two.

Is this a trend? Or are the women blinded by the fact that the men are celebrities and having a baby by them somewhat translates to “financial security”?

Please permit me to include supposed “wives” who are yet to marry in the sight of God but already have CHILDREN for their supposed “husband”. Like the likes of Psquare and brothers who are very successful but for whatever reasons known to them, have refused to marry their women in the church.

This act is not only wrong in the sight of God but it is just as though you are still living with a concubine. It really baffles me how you can be married before the law and your community but fail to be married before the almighty God.

Yet you live as man and wife and even recreate offspring like man and wife. What a shame!

To be honest, the wives of such people should actually be glad they even performed the traditional rites because given the rise of baby mamas these days, they could easily have gotten away with having them simply as their baby mamas.

What is our society turning into? What are we teaching our children?

How can we raise our children with the notion that daddy has other children with other women? Doesn’t this already breed enmity and competitiveness?

Call me old fashioned but children are supposed to be raised in a home. As a matter of fact, children ought to be born after the man and woman have TIED THE KNOT!

There used to be a standard procedure back in the day: Meet the girl, date, propose, introduction, traditional, court, church wedding and finally, babies.

Whatever happened to that trend? Now they call it “Civilisation” or better yet, “Westernization”

What a shame indeed!

Sometime ago, on TV, I watched an interview of Jesse Jagz’s baby mama, Ruby who is also an artist signed on the same record label as he is; Chocolate City. She was asked about her future plans with Jesse and to my surprise, she responded saying she didn’t want to be in a relationship with him and that she is happy with where they are at the moment aka she is okay with just being a baby mama.

OMG! That had to be the most unbelievable thing I have ever heard!

What is this society really turning into? Since when did it become okay for a woman to have a baby for man that isn’t her husband and even be ok with it?

My question is if you do not aspire to become his wife and he your husband in the near future, why then do you want to have a baby with him in the first place?

I really do not know the reason why all these women are clamoring to become “baby mamas” but enough is enough ladies!

You are precious and should treat yourself as such. No marriage, no babies! If he really wants a baby, he clearly can afford a wedding after all, he’s a celebrity.

Ladies, you must stop presenting yourself in this manner regardless of if the end result is marriage to a celebrity. It really doesn’t worth the risk of becoming a baby mama.

Maybe we need to return back to the good ol’ days when such behaviour were frowned upon. Enough really is enough!

What do you think is the reason for the up-rise of baby mamas in Nigeria?

Feel free to comment and share your opinion and suggestions.

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/14/the-sudden-uprise-of-baby-mamas-in-nigeria/
This was exactly the topic of discussion with my friends few days ago. It's quite appalling that ladies of nowadays ve turn to gold diggers worst-still Many loose absolute control of their body at the sight of a celebrity.
I was thinking that it's the fault of celebrities until last two weeks. After uploading some pics I took with popular artiste on Fb; uptil this moment I still get calls from girls I never thought they ve my no:, messages, (even from the ones that never replied or chatted with me) comments, friend requests, asking me to connect them to the artiste and bla! Bla! Bla!...Then I begin to wonder what these celebs are passing through. For crying out loud, this are just normal human being like every other person out there. What has come over girls of nawodays?
#i wish I met this topic on time.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by onstelly(f): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
IceDude:
No o! Go and read that post again. That happened few years back when i was in Ogun state.......Have u forgiven me?
What will I do nah, I have forgiven you
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by cruzyteejay(m): 12:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Ever since pre-marital sex became a normal thing,i do never argue with anybody about it
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by nairamaniac: 1:00am On Oct 15, 2015
I personally hold PDP responsible for this. The last 16 years of Nigeria has been the most reckless and irresponsible era of the country. With so much looting and irresponsibility in the government, it affect ted the morals of the entire country.

All this WD change to bearest in this BUHARI'S tenure
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by octopusfreaky(f): 2:51am On Oct 15, 2015
Esdb3:

One of the mumu the op complained about.

She'll reply me with insult but if I reveal I'm a celeb and request for a date to fix things, she'll grant and I'll be in her pants before you can even spell P.A.N.T.S
,y the insult,take your time. .I don't fall for celebs ..
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 15, 2015
ronald4lif:
Your piece is laced with loopholes, ignorance and error even as you displayed your inability to respect others choices and decision. By failing to embrace others life choices and undermining their unshackling liberty you became shortfall of any right to parade your personal opinion on others.

Your write up became nauseous when you suggested P'square are not properly wedded to their wives because they haven't performed a ceremonious white wedding ritual. This disjointed assertion and display of arrogance to venture into someone's union without a need to do so speaks volume of your ignorance and lack of elementary knowledge of the matrimonial institution.

Prior to the invention of white wedding which from it inception was unconnected to religion but became customary after Queen Victoria of England wore a white gown to her court wedding and with Christians adopting the dressing code into it system there have been marriages around the world. The practice of wedding has been in force even before the advent of religion so for you or anyone to suggest that anyone who didn't wed in a church is not properly married is naive and ignorance. I don't know about you but my great grand parents and ancestors were properly married to their respective wives the traditional method without church wedding and before the importation of Abrahamic doctrines to our clan.

Lastly, the issue of baby mamas isn't confined to our celebrities like you're indicating and being insinuated by many. There have been baby mamas even before the booming of Nigeria entertainment industry and it has been a prevalence even among the 'common' class and non celebrities. I know of countless baby mamas who have never been entangled with any celebrity.

gold medal for you! When i saw his post, i was immediately striped of the strength to reply him.

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 15, 2015
robosky02:

Have we ever wondered what the deal is with some of our young girls that get pregnant for Nigerian celebrities who half the time probably do not give a hoot about them?

Have we ever stopped to wonder if and how they arrived at being pregnant? Yes I know they indulged in the act but did they deliberately get pregnant? Or did it happen by accident?

To be honest, at the rate at which young girls are getting pregnant for our Nigerian celebrities, I am of the opinion that they are probably even timing their ovulation to ensure they get pregnant when they engage in sexual intercourse with these men because it is so rampant that it just CANNOT be a mistake anymore.

Back in the day, Tuface Idibia was reprimanded for leading young girls astray with his numerous baby mamas but now Tuface even seems more like the normal one since he was finally able to tie the knot with one of his baby mamas at the time.

Now, we have artists like WizKid, Davido, Jesse Jagz, Flavour, Ice Prince, Patoranking, Olamide and so on. Let’s not forget the infamous Maje Ayida who had a baby by his ex-girlfriend Anita while married to his superstar wife Toke Makinwa.

Even our female celebrities have a stake in this as well with the likes of Omawunmi, Waje, Anna Banner and a host of others. But thankfully, Omawunmi married her baby daddy while pregnant with baby number two.

Is this a trend? Or are the women blinded by the fact that the men are celebrities and having a baby by them somewhat translates to “financial security”?

Please permit me to include supposed “wives” who are yet to marry in the sight of God but already have CHILDREN for their supposed “husband”. Like the likes of Psquare and brothers who are very successful but for whatever reasons known to them, have refused to marry their women in the church.

This act is not only wrong in the sight of God but it is just as though you are still living with a concubine. It really baffles me how you can be married before the law and your community but fail to be married before the almighty God.

Yet you live as man and wife and even recreate offspring like man and wife. What a shame!

To be honest, the wives of such people should actually be glad they even performed the traditional rites because given the rise of baby mamas these days, they could easily have gotten away with having them simply as their baby mamas.

How can we raise our children with the notion that daddy has other children with other women? Doesn’t this already breed enmity and competitiveness?

Call me old fashioned but children are supposed to be raised in a home. As a matter of fact, children ought to be born after the man and woman have TIED THE KNOT!

There used to be a standard procedure back in the day: Meet the girl, date, propose, introduction, traditional, court, church wedding and finally, babies.

Whatever happened to that trend? Now they call it “Civilisation” or better yet, “Westernization”

What a shame indeed!

Sometime ago, on TV, I watched an interview of Jesse Jagz’s baby mama, Ruby who is also an artist signed on the same record label as he is; Chocolate City. She was asked about her future plans with Jesse and to my surprise, she responded saying she didn’t want to be in a relationship with him and that she is happy with where they are at the moment aka she is okay with just being a baby mama.

What is this society really turning into? Since when did it become okay for a woman to have a baby for man that isn’t her husband and even be ok with it?

My question is if you do not aspire to become his wife and he your husband in the near future, why then do you want to have a baby with him in the first place?

I really do not know the reason why all these women are clamoring to become “baby mamas” but enough is enough ladies!

You are precious and should treat yourself as such. No marriage, no babies! If he really wants a baby, he clearly can afford a wedding after all, he’s a celebrity.

Ladies, you must stop presenting yourself in this manner regardless of if the end result is marriage to a celebrity. It really doesn’t worth the risk of becoming a baby mama.

Maybe we need to return back to the good ol’ days when such behaviour were frowned upon. Enough really is enough!

we are not calling you old fashioned; we are simply saying you are wrong!
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by IceDude(m): 6:15am On Oct 15, 2015
onstelly:
What will I do nah, I have forgiven you

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by onstelly(f): 7:55am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=IceDude post=38995984][/quote]
Uw
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2015
internetpo:

Nice one Op. Thumbs up.

I wonder what some of these ladies are thinking.
Call me old fashioned too but we need to protect the sanctity of marriage and children too.

thanks a lot for seeing with me.

our world today are turning everything upside down gay marriage, etc

our father pay bride price before turning the ladies to babay mama
but today its baby mama first then they now beg for marriage

that way most ladies make themself cheap

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2015
netizenbuzz:

What has being a woman got to do with value. Are women trophies to be displayed? Your myiopic, misogynistic, chauvinistic view is nauseating.

wow you can speak grammar lol

but in simple terms a woman with value dont just go all over you and then tell you am pregnant.....you must marry me

women of value wait to be chased, until you put a ring in her hand, see her parents, pay the bride price and then she will be the mama of your babies.

not the other way round
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 8:44am On Oct 15, 2015
Yehman:

This was exactly the topic of discussion with my friends few days ago. It's quite appalling that ladies of nowadays ve turn to gold diggers worst-still Many loose absolute control of their body at the sight of a celebrity.
I was thinking that it's the fault of celebrities until last two weeks. After uploading some pics I took with popular artiste on Fb; uptil this moment I still get calls from girls I never thought they ve my no:, messages, (even from the ones that never replied or chatted with me) comments, friend requests, asking me to connect them to the artiste and bla! Bla! Bla!...Then I begin to wonder what these celebs are passing through. For crying out loud, this are just normal human being like every other person out there. What has come over girls of nawodays?
#i wish I met this topic on time.

yes most are just gold diggers
once you are a celebrity (even if na street jam hero) they will want to be your baby mama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by egobetatoday: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2015
robosky02:

What a shame indeed!

oga no dey waste ur time 4 their matter. Girls love money. All those girls u mentioned are CONFIRMED PARASITES...yes, money parasite! i just pity the parents that raised them up.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by egobetatoday: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2015
robosky02:

ok i see you are also planning to be the next baby mama lol

exactly my thought. i was almost replying her too. its easy to know people with low self esteem from their replies. they easily give themselves away. she might already be a babymama, who knows.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by egobetatoday: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2015
Yonce:

Even if a girl gets pregnant for a celeb......unintentionally, it's not right to kill the baby. Even if she got pregnant by a non celeb.....abortion is a little extreme.

I'd rather be a baby mama than flush my children down the toilet.

i'd rather not open my legs, neither for the celeb or non-celeb.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by egobetatoday: 10:12am On Oct 15, 2015
Rexology:

My dear JEHOVAH must bless you for resetting the mind of Op and his likes. The Op is so myopic to the extent that he thinks that all human beings are Christians that attend one Church or the other and therefore MUST wed in a Church to be adjudged right. I only commented on this thread because of your post.

Different religion have different laws for marriage, he knows for his own religion, does he know ur own marriage laws? Asides religion, even the culture of different tribes condemns it. i wonder why people think it should be the norm now. well, people have different moral standing. i would still condemn a wrong thing even if i have done it before. I am not God, I am human.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by egobetatoday: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2015
batulakarada:

Well said...some people are too judgemental it makes them look very ignorant .

no wonder the no of baby mamas keep increasing...n will increase further becos of people like u who think correcting a wrong is being judgemental. Very soon, spanking childrenbtoo will be termed judgemental. I give u nya.sh!!
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by egobetatoday: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2015
batulakarada:

Well said...some people are too judgemental it makes them look very ignorant .

no wonder the no of baby mamas keep increasing...n will increase further becos of people like u who think correcting a wrong is being judgemental. Very soon, spanking children too will be termed judgemental. I give u nya.sh!!
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by egobetatoday: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2015
henribj:

I dunno what your carrying be it at the back or front
that being said, we men are also picky, and whatever it is your selling, some of us are not interested in buying
#justsaying

hahahahaha ...u mean if the guys were really interested they would have bought it n kept it at home permanently abi? That makes alot of sense. But u know the silly girls think a guy pricing their property (of lets say #10,000 for 26 kobo or even 10 shillings is really interested in them). No 2onder there are so many babymamas. sometimes i wonder the content of some girls brain matter. lol.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Diznie(f): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2015
robosky02:

the point is "no go there oh"

get married well thanks
my own point is that you should get your facts right.Thanks,I'd get married well
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
egobetatoday:

exactly my thought. i was almost replying her too. its easy to know people with low self esteem from their replies. they easily give themselves away. she might already be a babymama, who knows.

good one
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2015
Diznie:
.Thanks,I'd get married well

hmmmm dont fail to reserve a seat for me on that day
will honour with my friends from nairaland kingtom, truckpusher
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by KingTom(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
robosky02:

hmmmm dont fail to reserve a seat for me on that day
will honour with my friends from nairaland kingtom, truckpusher

hehe front seat of course.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Diznie(f): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
robosky02:

hmmmm dont fail to reserve a seat for me on that day will honour with my friends from nairaland kingtom, truckpusher
I'd remember that.
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by TushAnn(f): 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
jmoore:
A baby mama is better than a mama of dead babies via abortion.

undecided
And what makes you think the ladies in question have not aborted or are not aborting the babies of non celebrities. personally, I believe any unmarried lady who is pregnant, did so willingly.
If I hear say girl by mistake get belle! At least not in this modern times wey people eyes don tear.

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 16, 2015
robosky02:

wow you can speak grammar lol

but in simple terms a woman with value dont just go all over you and then tell you am pregnant.....you must marry me

women of value wait to be chased, until you put a ring in her hand, see her parents, pay the bride price and then she will be the mama of your babies.

not the other way round

Pls go back to 1960 where you belong

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
netizenbuzz:

Pls go back to 1960 where you belong

yes we are close cos we have rach 1983 sai
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
You lay all of the blame on the girls and none on the Celebrities who are sleeping with a new girl every day

1 Like

Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 9:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
Rainess:
You lay all of the blame on the girls and none on the Celebrities who are sleeping with a new girl every day

you said a new girl everyday....

thats the point must girls so to say make themselves too cheap.

they dont have any standard. once its a caleb they are yes yes yes

by the way its not just calebs. anyone who has a little change they want to be baby mama

their philosophy is "i want a man who can take care of me"
Re: The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 17, 2015
robosky02:

you said a new girl everyday....

thats the point must girls so to say make themselves too cheap.

they dont have any standard. once its a caleb they are yes yes yes

by the way its not just calebs. anyone who has a little change they want to be baby mama

their philosophy is "i want a man who can take care of me"

Generalizing all women as gold diggers is really weak and unappealing. You think EVERY woman on earth is only interested in wealth and "calab" status? Lol how will you ever fall in love?

Yes there are women like that. And there are men like that too. But not every woman or man is like that. Not even most.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Spirit Is Loving Me, I Need Help. / "My Husband Buys Chicken From Fastfood, Eats Alone, Hides Payment Receipts" / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.