Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Women In STEM - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women In STEM (29592 Views)

Women In Ancient Nigeria / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women In STEM by Mutaino7(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
bukatyne:

I started this thread, remember even though I have been MIA grin

They are doing so because women have been told over time that men are superior because of STEM amongst others. I have read that on NL severally.

Again, as some posters said here, more women are getting educated so they are pushing for more women in STEM so that there are naturally more STEM professionals.

Moot point; we also want to see more boys as house helps, sales boys, sex slaves etc. undecided

It seems as if you don't watch or read historical films or books...here in 9ja there are more salesboy in apapa , spare part shops, carpentry, mecho village, shoe cobbling shops than gals even restaurants and buka dey include males so your point about sales boys is moot. house helps ask around the ratio is well distributed among the genders.....sex slaves then watch films like spartacus or find out how white women use to cuckold their husbands by sleeping with blacks maybe the history of kim k and her fams will create more enlightened oics of what am typing... no wonder we have what we call BLACK FETISH but aint never heard a thing about WHITE FETISH.
Re: Women In STEM by bukatyne(f): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
TV01:

Pele 0! Thread starter. At least this one was a bubbly child grin

As someone here says, I am responsible for what I write, not what you read, or read into it. In context we are discussing STEM, particularly the TEM aspect as that is proving the sticking point in term of female participation.

I actualy went back and checked - I referenced Bellongs post which touched on the higher mathematical type demands and specifically noted "TEM". Harder in this sense clearly meant the mathematical requirements.

I even went on to say that women could certainly excel in TEM, just unlikely to do so at the same rate as men, because of mens comparative advantage, and also womens choices. Nothing in that post - or any other - said men were superior to women, or vice-versa, just that they have different relative strengths.

Funny how you love to accuse people of picking snippets from a post, when you have done exactly that here grin! If you have nothing else, then the bolded question remains unanswered.

Again, your "equalist" led perspective colours your perception. Many have been discussing relative differences in wiring, strengths and choices - you read - or twist - that to mean claims are being made for superiority - again, I can't help your combination victim mentality/inferiority complex.

This is still bogus - are men not judged on more? Their looks, height, pocket, status etc?

Oily fish cheesy

More oily fish - no one said women are not intelligent - just that men and women have different relative strengths and preferences.

Do you have anything else - other than insinuation? wink

TV

This your post is all over the place.

And sorry, I do not deal with posters per thread/post, I deal with them per their claimed belief system.

If moniker analog claims to be a Christian, I relate with him as such. If I see a post he references God, I assume it is God till he tells me he was referring to Allah.

The fact nobody has mentioned superiority/inferiority of the sexes on this thread (if it was done, pardon me; I didn't read all posts) doesn't mean it is not a popular belief in this section.

@combination victim mentality/inferiority complex: Funny funny funny cheesy

This is a forum to discuss so we are bound to address them

In my world, no victim mentality neither is there inferiority complex grin

2 Likes

Re: Women In STEM by TV01(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
bukatyne:
This your post is all over the place.
TV01...always to the point and on point cool.

bukatyne:
And sorry, I do not deal with posters per thread/post, I deal with them per their claimed belief system.
No problem with that - especially since my belief system is plain "Christianity" grin. No hybrids or syncretism - such as "christian feminsit", which may confuse poster and responder

bukatyne:
If moniker analog claims to be a Christian, I relate with him as such. If I see a post he references God, I assume it is God till he tells me he was referring to Allah.
Makes sense so far...albeit repetitively

bukatyne:
The fact nobody has mentioned superiority/inferiority of the sexes on this thread (if it was done, pardon me; I didn't read all posts) doesn't mean it is not a popular belief in this section.
But as ever you trip at the first hurdle cheesy - why not address an issue where it arises, instead of reading it into a random thread. That says more about you and your agenda than the actual alleged "theme" wink.

And no, I don't see it as a popular belief and certainly not one I personally espouse - more evidence of your paranoid equalist agenda. Bukatyne, it's hurting you grin!

bukatyne:
@combination victim mentality/inferiority complex: Funny funny funny cheesy
It's standard diagnosis for sour feminists. Hence (1) Your whining about a "superiority theme" where non exists, and totally off-point rant about women having to be fat then thin? and (2) your "equalist approach to every issue. It's boring and bland - almost every thread there's a comment from you along the lines of "...it would be different if it were a man" or "apply that to the husband". Boring, bland and predictable.

bukatyne:
This is a forum to discuss so we are bound to address them
Address them as they appear and be specific as to who you callout. As well as making more sense, you'd probably get better results. Weak attempts to read meaning into an innocent post so as to further your campaign merely mark you as befuddled. Friendly heads-up cool!

bukatyne:
In my world, no victim mentality neither is there inferiority complex grin
It's writ large Bukatyne. Our thoughts and prayers - Christian not Feminian - are with you grin!

TV

3 Likes

Re: Women In STEM by bukatyne(f): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
TV01:
TV01...always to the point and on point cool.

No problem with that - especially since my belief system is plain "Christianity" grin. No hybrids or syncretism - such as "christian feminsit", which may confuse poster and responder

Christianity was an analogy; it could be islam; Yoruba; hausa etc.

TV01:
Makes sense so far...albeit repetitively But as ever you trip at the first hurdle cheesy - why not address an issue where it arises, instead of reading it into a random thread. That says more about you and your agenda than the actual alleged "theme" wink.

I address issues as they arise if I am interested in doing so; however I must confess there is usually a temptation to call posters out when they are red on thread one and blue on thread two.

TV01:
And no, I don't see it as a popular belief and certainly not one I personally espouse - more evidence of your paranoid equalist agenda. Bukatyne, it's hurting you grin!

Keep living in your little shell; you don't espouse... fine however, you can't speak for others.

TV01:
It's standard diagnosis for sour feminists. Hence (1) Your whining about a "superiority theme" where non exists, and totally off-point rant about women having to be fat then thin? and (2) your "equalist approach to every issue. It's boring and bland - almost every thread there's a comment from you along the lines of "...it would be different if it were a man" or "apply that to the husband". Boring, bland and predictable.

It is no fault of mine you do not understand an analogy re the fat and thin stuff; My 'equalist' approach to issues.... what should be my approach? Unequalist? Considering the fact I have been called an anti-feminist and penis worshipper when I call out women who are wrong, I am not fazed. Add that to my on-line titles grin. A new one is divorce advocate grin

If you find my posts bland and boring, skip them. It is not difficult. Of course, when it calls out the women, it becomes a rich and refreshing one.

TV01:
Address them as they appear and be specific as to who you callout. As well as making more sense, you'd probably get better results. Weak attempts to read meaning into an innocent post so as to further your campaign merely mark you as befuddled. Friendly heads-up cool!

It's writ large Bukatyne. Our thoughts and prayers - Christian not Feminian - are with you grin!

TV

When I do not understand a post, I ask. When I want to call out people, I also do specifically. I called you out because you brand yourself as a marriage advocate and is always missing in action when the husband is at fault. cool

Read meaning into posts, I have got no time for that.

Thanks for the friendly heads-up... however, absolutely not necessary

What's feminian? and what's your problem with the fact am I feminist? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Women In STEM by TV01(m): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
So, you feel male superiority is a "popular belief" on this section and instead of addressing it as it raises it's head, you think the best way to tackle it is to insinuate it into a thread where it is not evident, and accuse someone who doesn't espouse it?

And as a marriage advocate, I am "duty-bound" to apportion blame in potential or real divorce situations cheesy!

Your own brand of genius and campaigning is beyond me. Carry go grin

TV

bukatyne:

Christianity was an analogy; it could be islam; Yoruba; hausa etc.

I address issues as they arise if I am interested in doing so; however I must confess there is usually a temptation to call posters out when they are red on thread one and blue on thread two.

Keep living in your little shell; you don't espouse... fine however, you can't speak for others.

It is no fault of mine you do not understand an analogy re the fat and thin stuff; My 'equalist' approach to issues.... what should be my approach? Unequalist? Considering the fact I have been called an anti-feminist and penis worshipper when I call out women who are wrong, I am not fazed. Add that to my on-line titles grin. A new one is divorce advocate grin

If you find my posts bland and boring, skip them. It is not difficult. Of course, when it calls out the women, it becomes a rich and refreshing one.

When I do not understand a post, I ask. When I want to call out people, I also do specifically. I called you out because you brand yourself as a marriage advocate and is always missing in action when the husband is at fault. cool

Read meaning into posts, I have got no time for that.

Thanks for the friendly heads-up... however, absolutely not necessary

What's feminian? and what's your problem with the fact am I feminist? undecided

Re: Women In STEM by doublex: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
@ bukatyne ,i have just been wondering why so many men here in nairaland are obsessed and paranoid with feminist/m,am fairly new here and already i see in many topics i go to,they randomly accuse many women of being femist when woman disagrees with their immoral views.MAYBE THEY HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT FEMINISTS hehehehe grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women In STEM by bukatyne(f): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
doublex:
@ bukatyne ,i have just been wondering why so many men here in nairaland are obsessed and paranoid with feminist/m,am fairly new here and already i see in many topics i go to,they randomly accuse many women of being femist when woman disagrees with their immoral views.MAYBE THEY HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT FEMINISTS hehehehe grin

Welcome to Nairaland Family Section cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Women In STEM by babygirlfl: 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
doublex:

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Women In STEM by ApexTitan(m): 11:39am On Nov 05, 2015
bukatyne:

I started this thread, remember even though I have been MIA grin

They are doing so because women have been told over time that men are superior because of STEM amongst others. I have read that on NL severally.

Again, as some posters said here, more women are getting educated so they are pushing for more women in STEM so that there are naturally more STEM professionals.

Moot point; we also want to see more boys as house helps, sales boys, sex slaves etc. undecided

This is not a moot point; in fact it speaks to the heart of this matter. So far this push only concerns itself with the visible and therefore “desirable” spectrum of male dominated spheres/fields and this is where its duplicitous nature is revealed. The spheres that attract this ideology are the glamorous ones like Upper Management, Politics (top positions), and STEM.

Those fields, some of which I mentioned in my post above, like the military and construction are very much male dominated and have cultural barriers that kept women away but there is hardly any push to get more women into them because they are less visible to our equalists proponents. By less visible I mean that the level of drudgery or risk associated with performing them outweigh the glam that attracts the equalists. Should these fields become less strenuous or risky tomorrow or somehow more glamorous we will start hearing calls to get more women into them just like its being done in STEM but when that does happen the same things we witness in STEM will happen all over again - women will involve themselves with it only on the basis that it serves them, once this is accomplished they will bail out.
Re: Women In STEM by simiolu1(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
coogar:

so you are saying to study physics, you would do much more math than if you study math itself? christ - can you hear yourself?

i am sorry to say you are not an intelligent human being!

Bros, at a level in Physics, you wouldn't actually know the difference between Physics and Maths. I know cos I studied Physics
Re: Women In STEM by simiolu1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
coogar:

don't even try to swim against the tide. those equations make perfect sense. the engineering students are studying math & physics. the medical students have only physics to contend with and it's mostly in their first year(A'level physics). what does the average doctor know about kirchoff's law?

abeg, comot for road.....

this is bullshyte!
what sort of math are we talking about? the math of cramming formulas & inputing? that is what you want to compare to jacobi method, gauss siedel, advanced laplace transforms and spine-shattering calculus?

biology, by an astronomical mile, is the easiest science subject cos all the students don't consider it an abstract subject. even a kid of 5 can relate with the topics cos you see those things day to day.

you cannot compare it to math. how difficult are the math subjects that medical students take? they do the fake math courses in uni. engineering students do MTH 101, medical students do MTH 105 & its variants.

their physics is also different from the ones engineering students do in the first year. there's a reason you would find more females in medicine than engineering, it's because most females cannot cope with the rigours attached to math!

You nailed it
Re: Women In STEM by bukatyne(f): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
^^ Well said

When people say I enjoy my job, I ask If there is no salary, Can you continue doing it?

The only job you can say you enjoy is one you would continue doing even if there's no pay e.g Playing football . I believe a career is to gather enough money as quick enough to pursue your real passion be it travelling, gardening or brewing beer.

With constant practice and dedication you can become good at what isnt your initial favourite subject

I was just glancing through this thread again and I must say than you for the bold.

It just hit a cord and complimented what my husband has saying for a while now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How to Make Tiger Nuts Drink At Home / 5 Things That Could Be Happening To You While Relaxing In Your Comfort Zone / What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.