Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? (32539 Views)

"Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board / Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Dannyset(m): 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
telexfree1:

You don't insult people Wow
Lol.....na him cause am joor, but I don apologise wit scope sha! Hahahahaha.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Babatunde Fashola
Ibe Kachikwu
Kemi Adeosun

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by aresa: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
lookandlaff:

This is the problem with our country, Africa Magic and religion has dulled our senses. Did I say he embezzled? I may have my views but I did not say he embezzled, I said he evaded the question as to why he spent N70m on a website and N300m on a borehole by saying he doesn't sign cheques. I don't sign cheques doesn't answer the question put before him. what is so special about a website that you spend N70m, what is so special about a borehole that you spend N300m.

Let's take away sentiments and start to engage our brains, I am a yoruba and an APC supporter but Fashola got away with this one.

The highlighted means nothing or has any bearing on thoughts and views..

The man saying he didn't sign checks was him saying he had nothing to do with the process and the institutions charged to do such things took care of it.

Obviously after the fact, the folks in charge are free to scrutinize f probe the folks if necessary?

Is GEJ responsible or is he going to jail for acts committed by the agency directors and ministers he appointed and supervised?

Is GEJ under probe for Diazani's transgressions?

You are not making any sense.

The man lectured you about responsibilities, governance and institutions so take the lesson and thank him for it..
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by nonesense: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:

Its clear you have nothing 'upstairs' than zombie hyping and insults.

Mr Wailer, go sit down
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
teamchocolate:
You obviously didn't listen to star boy well.. Lagos is special, I know cuz I av worked with the state govt before.....
Lagos infrastructure and resources are over-burdened more than any other state in the country, pple arrive into Lagos by busloads and even by plane and by sea, every day...
Secondly geographically, Lagos is quite different from other states. The amount u will use to build roads in ibadan will be entirely different from how much u will use in Lagos simply cuz of the terrain.. I know this cuz these 3 states are states I av worked in...

Absolute nonsense! is it not in this same Lagos that Julius Berger build roads, do you see pot holes on JB toads after it rains? The problem is they award contacts to imcompetent cronies who don't have the competence to handle such roads at the same cost as a company like JB would handle the road.

Secondly you build (or rather expand) an existing lekki express way, knowing full well that there is going to be heavy usage on the road in years to come, free trade zone, dangote refinery, port airport etc and you don't have the long term vision to build flyovers? See the traffic bottle necks every day at the round abouts and yet you approve the construction of a shopping mall at the busioest of all the roundabouts? centre of excellence my ass!

3 Likes

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by telexfree1: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
lookandlaff:

I assume you are educated and schooled? The purpose of an education is to train the brain to think and analyse, that why sometime companies advertise for graduates in any discipline because they assume if you have undergone a degree programme you have learnt analytical skills.....sadly this is not the case in Nigeria of late.

So I advise you to read again my post but to help you, he was asked why he paid certain sums for certain projects, the inference being that those sums were far above the norm. The implication being that if you are paying well above the norm, you are either not a good custodian of public finances (i.e contractors are cheateing you) or you are in bed with the contactors considering our environment. no one accused him of embezzling, all that was asked was that he explain, He was given a chance to explain and he evaded it.

Stop arguing with that hopeless old man. He's well known on nairaland and only recently changed his moniker
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by dROC1: 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
ba7man:
(1) Stella Oduah

(2) Musiliu Obanikoro

(3) Diezani Allison Madueke.

(4) Labaran Maku

Very funny. Jonathan's Jokers

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
aresa:

The highlighted means nothing or has any bearing on thoughts and views..

The man saying he didn't sign checks was him saying he had nothing to do with the process and the institutions charged to do such things took care of it.

Obviously after the fact, the folks in charge are free to scrutinize f probe the folks if necessary?

Is GEJ responsible or is he going to jail for acts committed by the agency directors and ministers he appointed and supervised?

You are not making any sense.

The man lectured you about responsibilities, governance and institutions so take the lesson and thank him for it..

absolute nonsense! There is no way a contract of that sum is awarded without his knowkedge, this things are discussed at the state executive council level, who signs the cheque is a technicality
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by aresa: 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
lookandlaff:

I assume you are educated and schooled? The purpose of an education is to train the brain to think and analyse, that why sometime companies advertise for graduates in any discipline because they assume if you have undergone a degree programme you have learnt analytical skills.....sadly this is not the case in Nigeria of late.

Meaningless and irrelevant platitudes. Please stay on topic..

So I advise you to read again my post but to help you, he was asked why he paid certain sums for certain projects, the inference being that those sums were far above the norm. The implication being that if you are paying well above the norm, you are either not a good custodian of public finances (i.e contractors are cheateing you) or you are in bed with the contactors considering our environment. no one accused him of embezzling, all that was asked was that he explain, He was given a chance to explain and he evaded it.

The state legislature approves spending and not the state governor. They are the lawmakers with statutory responsibility to question spending and expenditures and if something seems out of the ordinary, they have the constitutional power and oversight authority to call the Science and Tech commissioner to explain himself and his spendings..

Oversight and spending authority lies with the legislature and not the Executive...
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by sevenhundred(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:

You need medical attention. No one is hating. Learn to personalize your statement next time you wish to express yourself.

The "whole of Nigeria" wasn't schooled by Fashola. Next time, say "I learnt a lot from Fashola." If you had said the latter, I would have ignored you and appreciate Fashola for the uncommon knowledge he imbedded in you.
then y u. Must insult fash?
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by martineverest(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola and kemi
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Bollove: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kemi Adeosun !!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by martineverest(m): 7:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kemi adeosun
2rutalk1:
I didn't watch today's screening. Abeg, who is likely going to head Finance Ministry?

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by aresa: 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
lookandlaff:

absolute nonsense! There is no way a contract of that sum is awarded without his knowkedge, this things are discussed at the state executive council level, who signs the cheque is a technicality

Your internet opinion of course.

So what if it was discussed at council meeting? The state as explained by the governor has a system in place per who sets prices and who signs checks so what's the governor's business with all that?

That's for the legislature to question and deal with if need be so send your concern to the state legislature for them to order inquiry or panel to probe the issue..

You misplaced your concern based on your own poor knowledge per state institutions, responsibilities and oversight authority..
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Seekeroftruth: 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
all i see in Nairaland is ethnic and party bigots. What did fashola say? we cant view things without sentiment. Fashola was one of d Poorly performed minister today couldnt even defend wht his administration did.
Kachikwu was d best
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by rileyy(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sorry ehn don't b angry

Acidosis:

You need to attend more seminars, listen to more public speakers and stop these 'hypes.'

How can a man of 52 years find it difficult to answer simple questions pertaining to his area of specialization, his state & experience? What baffles me is some of you attended universities where some 30-something year old Lecturers tutor you all on difficult subjects.

Please remind me again, what has Fashola said that Senator Ben Bruce can't discuss even better? What has Madam Aminat said that Senator Stella Oduah won't discuss even better? Have your nominees said anything Maupe Ogun of Channels TV won't discuss even better? Who among them can transform this nation better than "Sam Adeyemi", a public speaker if the criteria were to be comportment, statistical and business intelligence?

If you must school anyone, beg your nominees to tutor your PRESIDENT who's apparently clueless of certain and key sectors of the Nigerian business.

I also saw some hypocrites insulting the Northern senator who couldn't speak well in the senate, meanwhile these same set of people were among those who installed Muhammadu Buhari, same man we barely hear whenever he talks.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Holak: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Dannyset:
Check my post ysday where I said the Senators are going to be schooled by Fashola today. He was indeed over-syllabus today and the whole of Nigeria was schooled. I don't know about the wailers tho!

Fashola schooled Nigerians that when you are in government, corruption and inflation of contracts can go on as long as you don't sign a cheque. Good education indeed!
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
U gotta give it to BRF and Dr. Ibe Kachikwu.
I love it when men radiate confidence.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Holak: 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
aresa:

Meaningless and irrelevant platitudes. Please stay on topic..

The state legislature approves spending and not the state governor. They are the lawmakers with statutory responsibility to question spending and expenditures and if something seems out of the ordinary, they have the constitutional power and oversight authority to call the Science and Tech commissioner to explain himself and his spendings..

Oversight and spending authority lies with the legislature and not the Executive...

I think Nigeria is redefining responsibility. So, no President or governor is culpable of any corruption in his regime as long as he doesn't sign a cheque. Wonder then why GEJ is accused of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Ilekeh(f): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
olatunji21:
I was amazed by the Intelligence of Kemi Adeosun... She's a rare gem.... Lovely accent to complement her brilliance....Change is truly here...

I love my Yoruba women grin

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by cabaliciouscabal: 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:

You need to attend more seminars, listen to more public speakers and stop these 'hypes.'

How can a man of 52 years find it difficult to answer simple questions pertaining to his area of specialization, his state & experience? What baffles me is some of you attended universities where some 30-something year old Lecturers tutor you all on difficult subjects.

Please remind me again, what has Fashola said that Senator Ben Bruce can't discuss even better? What has Madam Aminat said that Senator Stella Oduah won't discuss even better? Have your nominees said anything Maupe Ogun of Channels TV won't discuss even better? Who among them can transform this nation better than "Sam Adeyemi", a public speaker if the criteria were to be comportment, statistical and business intelligence?

If you must school anyone, beg your nominees to tutor your PRESIDENT who's apparently clueless of certain and key sectors of the Nigerian business.

I also saw some hypocrites insulting the Northern senator who couldn't speak well in the senate, meanwhile these same set of people were among those who installed Muhammadu Buhari, same man we barely hear whenever he talks.

It is obvious u ar filled with animosity!

The next thing u av not opined is dat u can equally do it Better.

Mr man u ar jst a fooolish goat.

#omo odeeee.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by saint047(m): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
That Lai was confirmed amidst overwhelming sound of NAY
Reinforces my tweet that this #MinisterialScreening is a Trade by Barter tool.

3 Likes

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nuhusky: 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Chris Ngige the area father even the Senate President dnt ask him any quesion Ngige said he is the engineer behind PDP & APC so if you are PDP or APC Senator you pass tru me.......... Esprit De Corp

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Gap2020(m): 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
teamchocolate:
You obviously didn't listen to star boy well.. Lagos is special, I know cuz I av worked with the state govt before.....
Lagos infrastructure and resources are over-burdened more than any other state in the country, pple arrive into Lagos by busloads and even by plane and by sea, every day...
Secondly geographically, Lagos is quite different from other states. The amount u will use to build roads in ibadan will be entirely different from how much u will use in Lagos simply cuz of the terrain.. I know this cuz these 3 states are states I av worked in... 70% of Lagos's state projects are more of maintenance,modifications and reconstruction . Although I concur.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by adamsyy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
BlackHuman:
Why are u people even still arguing?....They've been confirmed, and there's nothing anybody can do about it.
.Abi ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by teamchocolate: 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
Pls where are u from? Obviously not a lagosian....Mr Centre of excellence my ass, I am interested in what state u are from??

lookandlaff:

Absolute nonsense! is it not in this same Lagos that Julius Berger build roads, do you see pot holes on JB toads after it rains? The problem is they award contacts to imcompetent cronies who don't have the competence to handle such roads at the same cost as a company like JB would handle the road.

Secondly you build (or rather expand) an existing lekki express way, knowing full well that there is going to be heavy usage on the road in years to come, free trade zone, dangote refinery, port airport etc and you don't have the long term vision to build flyovers? See the traffic bottle necks every day at the round abouts and yet you approve the construction of a shopping mall at the busioest of all the roundabouts? centre of excellence my ass!
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Vahya(m): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
honestly people should rewatch this Solomon Dalong clip again. fashola's response was not unexpected though he really lectured both the senators n we at home.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
I can't wait for rotimi amechi screening. I want to see the drama that will unfold.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by maestroz: 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
olatunji21:
I was amazed by the Intelligence of Kemi Adeosun... She's a rare gem.... Lovely accent to complement her brilliance....Change is truly here...

kemi adeosun just dey use vocabs dey scintillate senators. I bet she can't defend all she said.obahiagbon would have done better.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by maestroz: 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
Holak:

Fashola schooled Nigerians that when you are in government, corruption and inflation of contracts can go on as long as you don't sign a cheque. Good education indeed!

did you noticed the moments fashola walked out and some senators followed him to get his autographs.

truly moyes is to man utd, wat ambode is to lagos.
#onechancelagos
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Ilekeh(f): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kemi Adeosun

Fashola
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
when Fashola was speaking Funmi Iyanda was like shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I'm in class, listening to my Teacher.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Warning Circular To NTA Staff Over Liking & Sharing Of Online Publications(Memo) / Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina / Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.