Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,219 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? (32538 Views)

"Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board / Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by masseratti: 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
foli:

From your post it is evident that the question seem far beyond your understanding. Read the question again and answer it. Your choice of words is on point but it was utterly disappointing since it didn't address the question from the post. At times, it is best to reserve your comments.
seriously you are brilliant, same thought came to my head but I choose to reserve my comment for him,its unnecessary, but I must give it to you the way you came out with yours subtly.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by customised87: 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola and Kemi Adeosun!!
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
teamchocolate:
Pls where are u from? Obviously not a lagosian....Mr Centre of excellence my ass, I am interested in what state u are from??

what does it matter what state I am from? Is that the issue? next thing you will talk about religion and party affiliation and the issue gets lost.

The only place i've ever lived in Nigeria is lagos and it is an eyesore. This is where I live and have lived all my life!!! Lagos is a slum, we are too content with mediocrity, infact we exalt mediocrity Lagos can do much better than it does with the resources at it's disposal but it doesn't because people are satisfied with mediocrity. We live in a global world, we are competing with other cities around the world, is this what we have to offer? Travel around the world and you will cry because when you see the infrastructure of some of the cities around the world which we sometimes look down on, I am not even talking about the usual suspects like London, Dubai, etc, and you will realize we haven't started.

Dont fool yourself, I love Lagos (less now than I did when I was younger) but there is no excellence in Lagos just as there is nothing giant about Nigeria. The population we rave so much about are a poor quality labour force and so long as people continue to be satisfied with and defend low standards, we will never get anywhere. Is Lagos better than it was in 1999, yes but there is no excellence about it, even the high brow areas are just slums with expensive properties in them..

anyone who thinks Lagos is a centre of excellence needs to expand his horizons beyond London, New York, Dubai, etc maybe because we see those cities as developed we feel it's ok to be the way we are after all we aren't an advanced country abi? You have google earth, google some less known and less wealthy cities especially debt ridden latin american countries, look for countries with GDPs less than Nigeria and see their infrastucture, see pictures of what they did with their debt. When I go to most countries in south America a lot of whom are struggling with debt, I look at their infrastructure and i say at least I can see where the money went. Se we like to boast that Lagos has a GDP bigger than Ghana abi?, even Ghana look at them and cpme back and tell me again about the excellence in Lagos. As far as I am concerned it should be called the centre of mediocrity!

Centre of excellence, Giant of Africa......all empty boasts and noise not matched by reality!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Mohjigga: 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
Lai Mohammed
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by largeman4u(m): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola is today's hero.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Neplusultra(f): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
It's gotta be Babatunde Raji Fashola!
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by dungas30(m): 9:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
barr solomon dalong of plateau state
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by peterjero(m): 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:

You need to attend more seminars, listen to more public speakers and stop these 'hypes.'

How can a man of 52 years find it difficult to answer simple questions pertaining to his area of specialization, his state & experience? What baffles me is some of you attended universities where some 30-something year old Lecturers tutor you all on difficult subjects.

Please remind me again, what has Fashola said that Senator Ben Bruce can't discuss even better? What has Madam Aminat said that Senator Stella Oduah won't discuss even better? Have your nominees said anything Maupe Ogun of Channels TV won't discuss even better? Who among them can transform this nation better than "Sam Adeyemi", a public speaker if the criteria were to be comportment, statistical and business intelligence?

If you must school anyone, beg your nominees to tutor your PRESIDENT who's apparently clueless of certain and key sectors of the Nigerian business.

I also saw some hypocrites insulting the Northern senator who couldn't speak well in the senate, meanwhile these same set of people were among those who installed Muhammadu Buhari, same man we barely hear whenever he talks.
Post like this makes me believe there's hope for this generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by teamchocolate: 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
That's the point we need even development... as long as pple don't go back and develop their states and all the pressure is on lagos, Nigeria will not develop.. pls go back to ur state.. even the so called developed countries have ways of keeping their population in check.. so once again pls go back to ur state, I am on my great grandfather's land... and I am developing it as much as I can... Can u say the same for urself... You love lagos but not as much as the indigenes, who have ancestral ties....go back to where u av ancestral ties and develop it..

lookandlaff:

what does it matter what state I am from? Is that the issue? next thing you will talk about religion and party affiliation and the issue gets lost.

The only place i've ever lived in Nigeria is lagos and it is an eyesore. This is where I live and have lived all my life!!! Lagos is a slum, we are too content with mediocrity, infact we exalt mediocrity Lagos can do much better than it does with the resources at it's disposal but it doesn't because people are satisfied with mediocrity. We live in a global world, we are competing with other cities around the world, is this what we have to offer? Travel around the world and you will cry because when you see the infrastructure of some of the cities around the world which we sometimes look down on, I am not even talking about the usual suspects like London, Dubai, etc, and you will realize we haven't started.

Dont fool yourself, I love Lagos (less now than I did when I was younger) but there is no excellence in Lagos just as there is nothing giant about Nigeria. The population we rave so much about are a poor quality labour force and so long as people continue to be satisfied with and defend low standards, we will never get anywhere. Is Lagos better than it was in 1999, yes but there is no excellence about it, even the high brow areas are just slums with expensive properties in them..

anyone who thinks Lagos is a centre of excellence needs to expand his horizons beyond London, New York, Dubai, etc maybe because we see those cities as developed we feel it's ok to be the way we are after all we aren't an advanced country abi? You have google earth, google some less known and less wealthy cities especially debt ridden latin american countries, look for countries with GDPs less than Nigeria and see their infrastucture, see pictures of what they did with their debt. When I go to most countries in south America a lot of whom are struggling with debt, I look at their infrastructure and i say at least I can see where the money went. Se we like to boast that Lagos has a GDP bigger than Ghana abi?, even Ghana look at them and cpme back and tell me again about the excellence in Lagos. As far as I am concerned it should be called the centre of mediocrity!

Centre of excellence, Giant of Africa......all empty boasts and noise not matched by reality!!!!
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by sadissbala(m): 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:

You need to attend more seminars, listen to more public speakers and stop these 'hypes.'

How can a man of 52 years find it difficult to answer simple questions pertaining to his area of specialization, his state & experience? What baffles me is some of you attended universities where some 30-something year old Lecturers tutor you all on difficult subjects.

Please remind me again, what has Fashola said that Senator Ben Bruce can't discuss even better? What has Madam Aminat said that Senator Stella Oduah won't discuss even better? Have your nominees said anything Maupe Ogun of Channels TV won't discuss even better? Who among them can transform this nation better than "Sam Adeyemi", a public speaker if the criteria were to be comportment, statistical and business intelligence?

If you must school anyone, beg your nominees to tutor your PRESIDENT who's apparently clueless of certain and key sectors of the Nigerian business.

I also saw some hypocrites insulting the Northern senator who couldn't speak well in the senate, meanwhile these same set of people were among those who installed Muhammadu Buhari, same man we barely hear whenever he talks.
sound insane.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Jowonloju(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Babatude Raji Fashola SAN
Kachukwu was next
Kemi Adeosun

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by oviejnr(m): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
1) Fashola, 2) Solomon Dalong
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
teamchocolate:
That's the point we need even development... as long as pple don't go back and develop their states and all the pressure is on lagos, Nigeria will not develop.. pls go back to ur state.. even the so called developed countries have ways of keeping their population in check.. so once again pls go back to ur state, I am on my great grandfather's land... and I am developing it as much as I can... Can u say the same for urself... You love lagos but not as much as the indigenes, who have ancestral ties....go back to where u av ancestral ties and develop it..

Lagos is as much my home as it is yours, I didn't migrate to Lagos I was born here. It might be your ancestral home but everybody even the great grandfather you talk about could at some point have been an immigrant. They say Tinubu is not from Lagos, they say Ambode is not from Lagos. Buhari is a fulani, fulanis are historically migrants, Buhari is president, we are all hailing him as the saviour, does it matter that his great grandfather may have been a migrant from Senegal? This is the kind of small minded, petty, expression of the poverty of the mind and weak intellect that is at the heart of our underdevelopment. Instead of addressing issues, the decay and the mediocrity of Lagos, we eventually reduce the discussion to either ethnic, religion of politics.

Your point that other parts of the country need to be developed is a valid point and quite frankly with the development in other states, a lot of them are looking very viable because quality of life is better and land is cheaper but it doesn't remove from the point that there is a lot of mediocrity in Lagos. You are already seeing that Ogun state is the preferred destination for industries now, Ibadan used to be a hub, with the infrastructure development there, it will claim back some of it's lost glory too. So be careful as you sit down there celebrating mediocrity, building roads that wash eaway every time it rains and 4 hrs to work, 4hrs back because youve actually not built any NEW road in 16 years people are getting tired of Lagos. But migration is not the reason why Lagos awards contracts to build substandard roads, if anything migration is what gives Lagos the huge monies they waste on mediocre infrastructure.

A badly constructed road is a badly constructed road whether it is 500 cars on it or 5000, a poor drainage system will overflow whether there are 10 houses or 100. If anything the immigrant poluation gives you the resources to raise the finance for big projects, the problem is the quality of the projects executed. Immigrants are the reasons why you can attract huge shopping malls, poor planning is the reason why you give permits to construct them in the wrong places.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by dned: 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Why d hype abt Kemi Adeosun?

I have nothing against her...she did not explain the question if she would advice PMB to borrow funds from the capital market to finance the economy. She is good and intelligent but the task of running the ministry of finance is not for her. Skipped some sensitive questions asked from the senator from Lagos.

I like Fashola but his defence of on the 78m website is not sufficient. Only an illiterate will believe he don't know about the contract. Abaribe really grilled him as he said "simple questions turn out to become the most difficult" I pray PMB should not 'test his loyalty'

Yes he has before today apologized for deportation of other Nigerians from Lagos he should learn not to be a yoruban man but a Nigerian as a federal minister.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Man U devoured by hate n it is ur bane,get a life or die licking ur wounds
Acidosis:

You need medical attention. No one is hating. Learn to personalize your statement next time you wish to express yourself.

The "whole of Nigeria" wasn't schooled by Fashola. Next time, say "I learnt a lot from Fashola." If you had said the latter, I would have ignored you and appreciate Fashola for the uncommon knowledge he imbedded in you.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by samokofafrica(m): 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
As for me all the ministerial nominees are good. They are vocal and experienced technocrats. They all made me happy. Kudos to PMB for painstakingly selecting this guys. i can see the CHANGE COMING.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by AdamsTbounce(m): 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Were u typing from ur dream?
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by benitwater(m): 1:23am On Oct 15, 2015
Dannyset:
Check my post ysday where I said the Senators are going to be schooled by Fashola today. He was indeed over-syllabus today and the whole of Nigeria was schooled. I don't know about the wailers tho!
i was also thoroughly schooled.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by cally3D(m): 1:23am On Oct 15, 2015
Dannyset:

I so pity you! You will just die of so many negative things that I don't want to keep mentioning.
The guy gave u a candid and intelligent reply! I expected u refire in like manner! But this poo u just vomitted shows that u high level of ignorance! (Maybe consequent of little or no education!
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by jumobi1(m): 3:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Fashola and Kachikwu were good performers today.
Fashola said sometimes you issue contracts but what is on the ground requires a change in the $$ awarded to the contractor. Perhaps a deligent and experienced leader would have done proper surveys before awarding contracts. Of course sometimes things don't go as planed but his ajegunle explanation sounded more eloquent than rational. Next time make government employees do a proper investigation.

Kachikwu is a Petroleum nerd lol.
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Tobylove: 4:01am On Oct 15, 2015
certainly it would be, Fashola, Kachiku , Kemi Adeosun.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by crosspaul1(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2015
fashola,kemi adeosun and ibe kachikwu

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Opynion: 7:35am On Oct 15, 2015
I will give it to KEMI And DALUNG. Mehhh, they grind those guys aswear. I like kemi, will be in her position one day.

Help me say Amen
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by gidado14(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2015
[/b][b][/b][b][/b][size=8pt][/size][b]
themilanway:
It had to be Babatunde Raji Fashola for me.

He was bashingly on point,confident,smart,tactful,took no prisoner.

I can go on and on.

Infact 5mins after he left the podium,the senators were still applauding him. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Special mention to Ibe Kachukwu

themilanway:

I can go on and on.

Infact 5mins after he left the podium,the senators were still applauding him. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

themilanway:

I can go on and on.

SOLOMON DALONG
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by saintruky(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2015
At the ministerial screening earlier today ex-Lagos state governor Raji Fashola was asked a direct question regarding the N78million appropriated for the building of personal website. Here was Fashola's response...

“I don’t fix contract prices, it is an institutional process. The only training I have is that of a lawyer... As Governor of Lagos I didn’t sign cheques. I’ve never signed cheques, I didn't fix contract prices”

While we all agree that award of contract is an Institutional process, FASHOLA refused to tell the Senate that the process is only finalised when the relevant commissioner in charge of the affected ministry append his/her signature as prescribed by Section 30(5) of Lagos State Public procurement Law (2011) which Fashola signed into law... In fact subsection 5 was very clear...

30.— (1)   There is established by this Law in each of the State’s Ministry, Extra-ministerial Office/Department/Agency, Parastatal, Corporation, a Tenders’ Board.

(2)   Subject to the approval of the Board, the Agency shall from time to time prescribe the membership of the Tenders’ Board.

(3)   The Tenders’ Board shall have power to award and be responsible for the procurements of goods, works and services within the benchmark set in the Regulations to this Law.

(4)   In all cases where there is a need for pre-qualifications, the Chairman of the Tenders’ Board shall constitute a technical evaluation subcommittee of the Tenders’ Board charged with the responsibility for the evaluation of bids which shall be made up of professional staff of the procuring entity and the Secretary of the Tenders Board who shall also be the Chairman of the Evaluation subcommittee.

(5)   The decision of the Tenders’ Board shall be communicated to the Commissioner for implementation. (EMPHASIS Mine)
http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng/ppa-law/tenders’-boards

Fashola Indicts Himself:
From the section (SPECIFICALLY subsection 5) it is expressly clear that the Fashola's administration through the affected Commissioner 'okayed' the contract to be awarded at that RIDICULOUS amount. We should also note that Commissioners are not elected but appointed by Governors and they report to Governors. That means the affected Commissioner must have reported the said contract to then Governor Fashola while reporting the activities of his ministry to his boss.

Looking at the defence that Fashola put up and placing it side by side with procedure, two things can be deduced;

1. Fashola was aware of the whole thing but deliberately LIED before the Senate to cover his track. He was fully aware of the deal. The job of the Commissioner is to ensure that contracts by the Tender Board is in the public interest. His/her signature is a testament of endorsement. Fashola as briefed but deliberately refused to revoke nor question the contract. In fact, he was silent about it until Ambode raised alarm. OR

2. Fashola was not aware thereby making him complacent of his duties as governor of Lagos state. If this is true (which is doubtful), then we beg to ask how many more inflated contracts went undetected by the Governor? This second is a statement of incompetence.

Both 1 and 2 are indicting if we look at them from any angle..

The 'I Never Signed Chequ' Holds No Water
The Fashola's 'I never signed cheque' statement is untenable anywhere. No Governor or Presidents signs cheque for the award of contract in Nigeria. There are Accountants that effect payment. What is required of the political officers is to APPROVE contracts for the Accountants to issue cheques. So why should Fashola use that as defence? Let me also remind all that NO Governor or President 'steal' or inflate contracts directly! The process to loot has always been INFLATION of contracts through relevant Commissioners/D-Gs etc.

It is however unfortunate that the Senate FAILED to ask relevant question but instead nod their heads in ignorance. It is very shameful that the same Nigerians that called for the head of Princess Stella Oduah over the N260million vehicle were singing Fashola's praise for the shabby defence that he put up.

May God bless us all.

Source: Tonyebarcarnista of NL
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by barcaboi(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2015
Acidosis:

go check ur bp....it is rising

1 Like

Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
dned:
Why d hype abt Kemi Adeosun?

I have nothing against her...she did not explain the question if she would advice PMB to borrow funds from the capital market to finance the economy. She is good and intelligent but the task of running the ministry of finance is not for her. Skipped some sensitive questions asked from the senator from Lagos.

Adeosun is going into Min of trade and investment not finance. If she is deployed to finance, she will be deployed as junior minister i.e minister of state
Re: Who Was Your Best Ministerial Nominee For Today? by Obiobi8(m): 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
They were all good apart from Lai Mohammed and Christ Ngige and Khaddija Abbah Ibrahim..
All these people did was laugh and tell jokes..

What the hell has that got to do with improving the livelihood of 180 million people??

As for the others like Fayemi an Fashola who have been dismissing allegations, all they did is provide claims and counter-claims but we have no way of knowing if it's true or not..
The allegations themselves we don't know how they even came to be..
Nevertheless many people say those two did well in their times as governors..

So far I'm hopeful..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Warning Circular To NTA Staff Over Liking & Sharing Of Online Publications(Memo) / Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina / Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.