Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP (919 Views)

President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured) / Tension As Youths Force PDP Secretariat Open For Sheriff / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by BrosPeter: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-kz-n76OCD18/Vh_7pEP7jyI/AAAAAAAADOE/zFuZmyqUAqQ/s1600/Prince-Uche-Secondus.jpg[/img]

Despite being in the opposition, the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said the party remains the driving force of the National Assembly.

It pointed out that this accounted for the emergence of Senator Ike Ekweremadu as the Deputy Senate President, a feat it described as unprecedented in the political history of Nigeria.

Acting National Chairman of the party, Mr. Uche Secondus, made this assertion while addressing members of the PDP National Executive Committee on Thursday in Abuja.
http://officialpunchng..com.ng/
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by BrosPeter: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
[size=14pt]We’ve recovered from last election’s disappointing loss – PDP[/size]

The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has said that the party has recovered from the disappointing loss it suffered by losing power at the centre in the last Presidential election.
At its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting held on Thursday, at the party’s National Secretariat in Abuja, the PDP said it has already moved from pain, despair, soul- searching and have started the process of rebuilding confidence for a brighter future for the party.

The Ag. National Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, who presided over the meeting said, “Our party has witnessed challenging times after our disappointing loss in the last elections. We moved from pain, despair, soul- searching and now by the grace of the Almighty God, we have started the process of rebuilding confidence in ourselves for a brighter future for the party.”

According to him, the first step pursuant to soul searching was the resignation of Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu and Chief Tony Anenih as National Chairman and Chairman of the Board of Trustees respectively.

Secondus called the attention of Nigerians to what the party described as selective implementation of the ongoing anti-corruption fight, saying members of the party were being singled out for prosecution.

“It would be morally repugnant to target PDP members while seemingly protecting APC members. All we are calling for is an equal and fair treatment of all Nigerians under the law.

“Government should prevent the slide of our dear country into a police state by controlling some of the brazen acts of the security agencies against state institutions as exemplified in the invasion of the Akwa Ibom Government House by some officers of the DSS.

“In the same vein, we call on the federal government to come out straight with Nigerians on the state of our economy, which is gradually sliding into recession.

“It appears that the lack of an economic direction and remedial actions from the government is having a debilitating effect on the economy. Jobs are being lost and small businesses are closing shops as a result of the lack of constructive economic engagement from the APC government,” the party chairman added.

Also speaking at the event, Ondo State governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, said the PDP liberalised the democratic space in the 16 years it held power at the centre.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/weve-recovered-from-last-elections-disappointing-loss-pdp/
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2015
PDP owns the Senate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by BrosPeter: 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
PDP owns the Senate
senate president is pdp but in name grin grin grin
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by ckmayoca: 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
If you haave recovered then don't be a spoiler but a supporter of good and positive motions.
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by Mogidi: 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2015
The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has said that the party has recovered from the disappointing loss it suffered by losing power at the centre in the last Presidential election.
At its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting held on Thursday, at the party’s National Secretariat in Abuja, the PDP said it has already moved from pain, despair, soul- searching and have started the process of rebuilding confidence for a brighter future for the party.

Lies and propaganda can't be sustained forever, The future belongs to PDP.
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by januzaj(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
KOWA >>>>>>>>> PDP
#FACTnotOPINION
Minister Abdulrasheed AMAECHI >>>>>>> 1000 WIKE
#FACTnotOPINION
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
BrosPeter:

senate president is pdp but in name grin grin grin
I actually don't care about the moral burden called Saraki.
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by reuben79: 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
Ooook oooo.let buhari govenment start fully.either u own national assembly or senate will we seee.jst be watch
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by Mogidi: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I actually don't care about the moral burden called Saraki.

I had same sentiments until I realized APC supporters supports their own no matter how corrupt.
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by hinwazaka: 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
POWER to the people, by the people, for the people. GOD bless the PDP. PDP I have always been, PDP I will be, till I die. PDP, POWER FOR ALL!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by kingdompropty: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
Definitely it is only a matter of time before the drive the nation. APC is a kindergarten political party full of lie and deceits.
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
Mogidi:

I had same sentiments until I realize APC supporters supports their own no matter how corrupt.
Bros, if APC like make them support Armed robbers, me I no send those rogues in the umbrella.
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by Aromas: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
Buhari is just taking the credit, Fashola was discovered by the PDP since 1900.. Olisa Metu grin
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by Dannyset(m): 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
A dying party trying to hold water.
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by sandraokosun: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
i can sight the chief wailer has crawled here to cum on this. So this clowns wont stop been pathetic. U control the senate by ur insane minority leader bowing and seconding every motion by ndume. And indicting urselfs, while laughing with that overfeed ram called aduda who cant lift himself frm chair. U control the senate and cant say a thing when saraki rules out ur opinion on lai like deranged kids
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by sandraokosun: 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
hinwazaka:
POWER to the people, by the people, for the people. GOD bless the PDP. PDP I have always been, PDP I will be, till I die. PDP, POWER FOR ALL!
till u die abi! Alami CIGAR ur godfather has built a befitting tomb for himself there is no beta way of proving ur loyalty by been his abobaku
Re: We Are National Assembly’s Driving Force - PDP by sandraokosun: 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
greetings to mogidi. I see u

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari / An Igbo Friend Of Mine Unfriend His Fellow Igbo Guy Cos Of Biafra Issue / Why You MUST Start Converting You Earnings To FOREX!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.