Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. (59322 Views)

How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? / Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. / Some Interesting Facts To Know About The Year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by MsFaith: 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
Explorers:
10. When my Dad bought this around early 90s, he bought a crate of soft drinks having africola, cocacola, limca&goldspot for the neighbors. "Aa we e oo".

we still have this stereo in my house
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by dedons: 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
idowuswap:
Igbos people can never reach presidency in this country.bet me ....thanks
grin
idowuswap:
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by blackmartial(m): 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
I was in primary school when Buhari was ruling Nigeria; now my son is in primary school and Buhari is still ruling Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by rotwailler(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
blackmartial:
I was in primary school when Buhari was ruling Nigeria; now my son is in primary school and Buhari is still ruling Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by joeferrari(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
smileyOp u dey game thanks for taking me down memory lane menhhhh I don old sha nah to fnd one beta wife settle down nah sure pass.
But this pics senior some of our yung celebrities

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by unite4real: 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
I am still rocking WINDOWS XP up to date.

1 Like

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by stealvyn(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
dearpreye:
Indeed how fast time flies. I still remember the celebrations that greeted the year 2000 at my axis in Lagos. Little did I know it will be so quick to arrive in 2015.

All the same I'm grateful to God for the gift of life and health. Back then I was a teenager but now I have a few dependents. I'm still grateful to God for all I've achieved over these last year's starting from 2000.

No one alive TODAY may be here in the next 200 years. Our grandparents have died. Some of us have lost parents too. That simply means we too will die someday; we only ask God to give us long life, prosperity and health. We only ask Him to help us fulfil our mandate for being here at this time in history.

The nostalgia of yesterday, the burden/enjoyment of today and the hope of tomorrow. This thread is a quick reminder of the brevity of life, the fleeting time, a call to gratitude and a reawakening impulse of our need to pursue that which will bring about the betterment of society at large.

Knowing fully well that we all shall someday pass away, let's endeavour to acquire values that will outlive us; let's endeavour to be our very best, let's pay little attention to the naysayers, let's seek out our purpose, and persistently go after its fulfilment. The grave is cold and lonely; let's enjoy all human relations while life lasts!

All those who were here in 1815 have deteriorated into dusts and bones. Let's live with that in mind.

After all is said and done, the world will only remember us for what we've done for the progress of the human race. The world will only recall our memories for the smiles we brought to others, the changes we sponsored, the philosophy we held dear to us, the values we enshrined in our kids and environment. No one will recall our certificates, money or material possession.

My greatest fear is leaving this planet without making a mark. It's my deepest desire to return to dust having fulfilled my purpose. I fear more than I fear demons. I fear it more than I fear poverty and stolen wealth. I fear it more than I fear death itself.

God bless you, OP! My passion for humankind has been revitalised once again. All of a sudden certain things that aren't supposed to be mentioned with me are falling away; a new, deep love for humanity seems to envelope my being, and I feel genuine forgiveness for all those who have offended me; and feel same for those whom I've caused so much pains.
This really made me think. God in his infinite wisdom will continue to enrich you IJN.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by mubarak001(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
[quote author=maggilove post=39042837][/quote]

Thx you Maggi, you are a darling. I love that biscuit and I still desire to have same any day.
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by bblacky(f): 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
Oh my oh my.....my aunt called me days back after a long while telling me her girl is in SS2 I was like what? Pikin wey na me go d omugwo de SS2 and I never marry? Hahahahahaha indeed time flies....

Op that multicolor pen, back in school na prefects and those claiming intelligent de use d pen oo.....that key holder, oh my, can't forget the jelly sandals.....Indeed I don OLD gan be forming smally.....good old times! New millennium fright nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by Missmossy(f): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Good old days grin

I really oppressed my younger brother with his game boy. Used the multicolored biro in secondary school, in fact used almost all of these.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by bblacky(f): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
dearpreye:
Indeed how fast time flies. I still remember the celebrations that greeted the year 2000 at my axis in Lagos. Little did I know it will be so quick to arrive in 2015.

All the same I'm grateful to God for the gift of life and health. Back then I was a teenager but now I have a few dependents. I'm still grateful to God for all I've achieved over these last year's starting from 2000.

No one alive TODAY may be here in the next 200 years. Our grandparents have died. Some of us have lost parents too. That simply means we too will die someday; we only ask God to give us long life, prosperity and health. We only ask Him to help us fulfil our mandate for being here at this time in history.

The nostalgia of yesterday, the burden/enjoyment of today and the hope of tomorrow. This thread is a quick reminder of the brevity of life, the fleeting time, a call to gratitude and a reawakening impulse of our need to pursue that which will bring about the betterment of society at large.

Knowing fully well that we all shall someday pass away, let's endeavour to acquire values that will outlive us; let's endeavour to be our very best, let's pay little attention to the naysayers, let's seek out our purpose, and persistently go after its fulfilment. The grave is cold and lonely; let's enjoy all human relations while life lasts!

All those who were here in 1815 have deteriorated into dusts and bones. Let's live with that in mind.

After all is said and done, the world will only remember us for what we've done for the progress of the human race. The world will only recall our memories for the smiles we brought to others, the changes we sponsored, the philosophy we held dear to us, the values we enshrined in our kids and environment. No one will recall our certificates, money or material possession.

My greatest fear is leaving this planet without making a mark. It's my deepest desire to return to dust having fulfilled my purpose. I fear more than I fear demons. I fear it more than I fear poverty and stolen wealth. I fear it more than I fear death itself.

God bless you, OP! My passion for humankind has been revitalised once again. All of a sudden certain things that aren't supposed to be mentioned with me are falling away; a new, deep love for humanity seems to envelope my being, and I feel genuine forgiveness for all those who have offended me; and feel same for those whom I've caused so much pains.

Oh how so touchhy, very important reminder that we are here only fora while. One day we shall all return to our maker. My prayer is that I fulfil my purpose here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by SirAweezy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
braine:
chai! Uncle you are old o. My father hadn't even met my mother when you saw that movie.

Lol common! You making me feel like I have got gray hairs..... I was in pry4 then I think...
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by shumuel(m): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Explorers:
10. When my Dad bought this around early 90s, he bought a crate of soft drinks having africola, cocacola, limca&goldspot for the neighbors. "Aa we e oo".

Mehn! Am sure my dad would still have That deck, even if its not working again, my old man loved is decks grin

Africola & Goldspot no they again o, even Dr Pepper, Tandi e.t.c
Omo i don old angry
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Explorers:
9. 1st November, 2015, The movie "Titanic" will be 18years old. A girl born then, will be ripe for marriage in weeks.

Chai!!! I don old o , I was in 200 level when this movie came out.
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by mikron(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
Explorers:
6. Do you remember this? my mum had it.
yeah my mum used to rock that, they call it skol

1 Like

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by daxlasaint(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
rotwailler:
Hmmmm

Willow!!! If I had to choose btween this movie and food when I was little, I would have gone hngry counless times... gladly cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by kadree(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chai!!! La waoooooo. Remember d name of dat first ladies foot wear (skol). Once my mama put am on, I don know say na to go out remain, I go just run follow her n d next tin wey go apun nai dey dis pix so... I go come c her n her brother wey we dey call "brother power" *brother power would tell us hw he Single handedly lifted 12 vesper machines without assistance *hence, d name - brother power. dey battle d old vesper machine dey go. Lolz. Old days were rili gud days

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by salawustyles(m): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Explorers:
27. These two actors made our childhood days,

1. Sylvester Stallone(Rambo).

* First Blood was released in 1982.

* First Blood Part II was released in 1985.

2. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

* Released Terminator 1 in 1984.

* Released Commando in 1985.

Because of Rambo, i tore my red shirt. I will tie a piece around my head, have a long stick at my back(rifle), with my friends we were jumping around the streets and bushes acting Rambo.

They gave us sweet memories but they are old men now. "Rambo is 69 and Arnold is 68".

God bless them, Amen.

Pls LIKE if you're with me....
I remeber my father buying dose cassette dat tym sha good tyms oooo watched it till it broke
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by autaspakladi: 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Remember when you will be asked inthe dinning hall by your seniors to eat your food while facing the ladies, ....
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by kikies(m): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
misspicy:

Lol wow that shoe is SKUR ( dnt know if that is d right spelling)....my mum bought for it for my sis and i for christmas...hahahaha and that different colour pen,d red ink was used to forge teachers mark and signature cheesy God forgive me

Chai..that desk and spiral keyholder...hostel life gosh,ah don old o...stfuareyougod am very old i swear,i better be serious abt dis my husband searching

ull find huni,d perfect one,jst for u
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by alorax2(f): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
i dey here

Eziokwu? I be mbaise o so make up ur mind kiakia dont keep My suspending grin
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
bblacky:

Oh how so touchhy, very important reminder that we are here only fora while. One day we shall all return to our maker. My prayer is that I fulfil my purpose here

Yes. We're here but for a brief moment. And that's why we must try to discover and fulfil our purpose.

And to your prayer, I say AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by alorax2(f): 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
braine:
I'm available but I'm not Igbo. We could work something out. cheesy

Realy? Am waiting o
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
stealvyn:
This really made me think. God in his infinite wisdom will continue to enrich you IJN.

Amen. Thanks for the prayer. Thinking is very good for us. It's the ONLY way we can determine our present situation, evaluate it, and make amends where necessary.

1 Like

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by braine(m): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
alorax2:

Realy? Am waiting o

Haha... I was just kidding, don't take that seriously o. cheesy cheesy tongue If you we're younger and didn't know all these it would have been good. grin
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by benELOHIM7(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
I know dis thing abeg. My granny calls it udu nmiri
hotgunz:
I still hv ds @home
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by Berrypie(f): 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Explorers:
6. Do you remember this? my mum had it.
It used to be called 'Score'
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by benELOHIM7(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
In this solemn moment where there is so much retrospection and meditation, you still are stupid? Chai embarassed
idowuswap:

1 Like

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by benELOHIM7(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Willoooooo....oh willoo
rotwailler:
Hmmmm
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by Marksule(m): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
DerKaiser:

That is ISS: Pro Evolution also called Winning Eleven 4 in Japan.

The version that says "suruu" is the Japanese version as that means through in their language.

It is seen as one of the best football game ever made by video games enthusiasts.

I am playing it now on my Galaxy Note 4.

Please What's is the name of ur emulator??
Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by J4Jenom(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
dem gameboy, super nintendo... waoow!! I missed dem... chek me out nw, pot belly, goatee don long, face wan shrink...ahaaaa, na who remember Ali and Simbi goes to school

1 Like

Re: Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. by nursemyke: 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
misspicy:

Lol wow that shoe is SKUR ( dnt know if that is d right spelling)....my mum bought for it for my sis and i for christmas...hahahaha and that different colour pen,d red ink was used to forge teachers mark and signature cheesy God forgive me

Chai..that desk and spiral keyholder...hostel life gosh,ah don old o...stfuareyougod am very old i swear,i better be serious abt dis my husband searching
SCHOLL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly / "Val and Tracey's lounge " / Pictures That Show That Nothing Last Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.