Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye (6509 Views)

Yoruba Youths Storm US Embassy Over IPOB Suit Against Army / Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / Blogger Ojo Emmanuel Arrested By Hon. Adebiyi Adeleye (Pics) - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 16, 2015
G
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Ebukaobi: 8:55am On Oct 16, 2015
@topic

The rate at which my Igbo brothers use Yoruba names in the press these days is so funny

Lolzzz
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by hinwazaka: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2015
Ebukaobi:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy.

Can you deal with this issue

He keeps breaking NL rules
Point out the rule, I broke
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by hinwazaka: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2015
Ebukaobi:
@topic

The rate at which my Igbo brothers use Yoruba names in the press these days is so funny

Lolzzz
So you are so useless, you have decided to hide your conehead behind an Igbo moniker. As shameless as it gets.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by brofula(m): 9:00am On Oct 16, 2015
homosapien:

I think the current problem is that igbo have a problem. if yoruba youth are lazy please how does that affect the igbo's you claim yoruba are envious and jealous. but the question is what are they envious or jealous of. tell me one achievement of an igbo man and I will list ten yoruba men who achieved same without any fuss of seeking attention.

you dont need to list ten achievements here, go home and reflect about the truth in this write up, OP mentioned a couple of things go round and confirm how true they are.
In all the new developing sites in lagos how many new houses under construction belongs to yorubas that is another way of measuring success, who is going to take over from your Adenuga and Otedola? may be the touts and omonile will do that I guess?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Ebukaobi: 9:04am On Oct 16, 2015
Seun Lalasticlala

This poster is breaking the rules

Thanks

hinwazaka:

So you are so useless, you have decided to hide your conehead behind an Igbo moniker. As shameless as it gets.
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by FKO81(m): 9:14am On Oct 16, 2015
Crisis in Yoruba future

[b]Ulli Beier: There was a short time in Nigerian history — between Independence and the first military coup — in which we lived through a period of great optimism. Financially the people of Nigeria
were relatively well off, and they assumed that with independence, things were going to improve steadily. In the West, people believed in the benefits of universal free primary education. They were proud of being the “First in Africa” to have set up a television station. The University of Ibadan was functioning and had a good reputation. Night life was boisterous; people could afford to go out, drink beer and listen to really good bands. Even in Osogbo, which then had 120,000 inhabitants, one could hear three or four bands at weekends. The Yoruba Travelling Theatre was booming. A decade after independence, Biodun Jeyifo counted about a hundred Yoruba theatre companies —all managing to survive somehow off their performances. People actually preferred the theatre to the movies. But then, those were the days of Ogunde, Ogunmola, Duro Ladipo and the Orisun players. Where in the world could you find a comparable constellation?
Wole Soyinka: There was ferment!

Ulli Beier: There was no official planning; little government interference. It was a natural growth. If you now think back to this period, how do you view it with hindsight? Why does it appear to us now as a “golden age” rather than a mere beginning? (From Ulli Beier in conversation.)
Hmmm. Really. Why would a period that was supposed to be our beginning appear to us as actually the golden age? If the take-off of an aeroplane is the only memorable moment of the flight, then that journey is not just a farce, it is a tragedy. When a people have nowhere else to turn to with pride but the past, then they do not need to be reminded that generations after that “golden era” have all failed. And I am not talking about Nigeria now. I am talking about the old Western Nigeria from Ikeja through Benin to Sapele. Nothing can be more devastating for a pupil whose reputation of being the constant first in class is shredded by a distant competitor.

Ex-governor Peter Obi of Anambra State got me thinking. Two weeks ago, he was giving an account of his eight years stewardship and he announced some figures: N75 billion as credit balance in the state’s accounts and no debt over-hang. That figure, he said, included balance in savings and in investment. Then the big one: Anambra State under him invested in bonds issued by other state governments. Since he made that statement, I have not heard anyone say he lied. It was a combination of these that actually got me thinking —Anambra State that was not paying salaries post 1999, pre-2003; Anambra State of war and lawlessness in Chris Ngige era; the same Anambra that was home of violence and inexplicable crimes. Obi said the state he was leaving behind was not owing anybody a dime; rather, the state invested in bonds issued by other states! Then, I remembered that out of the six states in the South-West, only one has not gone to the Capital Market to take money through bond issuance. What has that told me? It means that my South-West is indebted to South East’s Anambra State — and that is serious. I know some partisan fellows will say ‘and so what?’ They can say so because for such fellows, the only reference they make to the past is using it to cover up the eczema of today. None of the founding fathers of Western Nigeria would ever imagine that a day would come when Yorubaland would owe Iboland.

Some international financial experts have warned that the current craze for bonds by African countries, including PDP’s Nigeria, will soon lead to what they call “Eurobond curse” just as the continent is wracked by “resource curse.” Some queer commentators would say the warning was directed at national governments. At the state level, the alarm bell should really sound louder. A recent report quoted Joseph Stightz, a Nobel prize-winning economist, as warning that “the financial sector loves to find people to prey on and their most recent prey are governments in developing countries.” The same is happening at the domestic level. Cash-strapped state governments should know that there are no friendly financial institutions. They are in business to make money and it does not matter how.

I do not know what economics is behind the current craze for bonds. Some are even saying bonds are no loans. What are they? Gifts? Won’t they pay back? And at what interest rate? They would even pay costs of the transaction — they call it ‘issue costs?’ Are there consultants packaging these bonds? If there are, who are they? What are their fees?

Yorubaland currently suffers unprecedented, unfortunate and insulting, venal shut-out in the affairs of the PDP Federal Government. The alternative regimes in the states ought to give reasons for hope, not debt over-hang. Nothing should be done by anyone to bond the race to a future of criminal servitude. Governments have to provide amenities, yes. But have we forgotten what our ancestors said about he that eats benefits derivable from a child even before that child is born? Exactly what Niyi Osundare described as “eating tomorrow’s yam today ”! [/b]
The rate they are going down the will soon discover something greater than oil, hating Igbos online and offline can't slow our progress
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by FKO81(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2015
Emerging trend of social almajiri in Yorubaland
By Hakeem Jamiu

[b]There is a social malaise which is gradually creeping into the lexicon of Yorubaland and this is the ugly spectre of hungry children begging for food and alms at social events. Older women are equally not left out in this ugly but strange practice in Yorubaland. It is strange in Yorubaland because the concept of almajiri which simply means street urchin is common in the Northern part of the country. Yorubas use to refer derisively to anybody soliciting for arms in Yorubaland in the olden days as almajiri. The almajiri of the North are usually children between the age bracket of 7 and 20 in most cases. Almajiris are so desperate for food that any unsuspecting visitor to the Northern part of the country who goes to a restaurant to eat but mistakenly left his food to wash his hands is likely to lose such to waiting almajiris before he comes back for the food.

I first noticed this ugly trend at a ceremony I attended a few months ago at Ayetoro Ekiti. Elderly and middle aged able bodied women from Kwara, Osun and Oyo states invaded the burial ceremony uninvited and were embarrassing guests who refused to give them money. Also noticeable were children with their begging bowls who thronged the venue of the ceremony soliciting for left over food and alms. The children were a pitiable sight. Poverty was clearly written on their faces. I have attended many social functions after that and the same trend was noticeable. But I became worried a few days ago, when I attended the burial ceremony of a friend's father in Ilesha , Osun State . They came in various groups and employ different methods in soliciting for alms. There were the elderly women who were busy harassing guests in the name of praise singing and would not leave until you part with money, there were the men with their public address system which they use in praise singing but which is disturbance and yet, there were Yoruba children in the mould of almajiris with their begging bowls scrambling for left-over and at the same time soliciting for alms.

Fellow guests on my table at the event who were also journalists expressed their concern in unison about the growing trend of almajiri of various categories in Yorubaland. They all agreed that it has become a social problem. We started discussing and realised that the culture of begging in the mould of almajiris is alien to Yoruba culture. In those days before the advent of the British, the Yorubas are a proud people known for their hard work and industry. They practiced hoe agriculture and were well known as traders and for their crafts. Yoruba artists have produced masterpieces of woodcarving and bronze casting, some of which date from as early as the 13th century. Many of Nigeria 's best-known artists and writers are Yoruba. Other occupation of the Yorubas at that time were drumming and masquerading which would now be called showbiz. They engage in all the foregoing occupation but a Yoruba man or woman (able bodied) would not beg for alms as it is considered shameful and something akin to a curse. The Yorubas cherish their oriki (folklore) which is a poetic version of eulogizing the exploits of their progenitors which is an incentive for them to excel and even surpass their progenitors. The Yorubas have harsh words for lazy people. Such people are objects of ridicule and butt of jokes in the society. With this background, it is understandable why we became worried with the array of beggars at the Ilesha ceremony.

After leaving the party, I reflected on the scenario of the almajiris in Ilesha and I was able to draw a relationship between Political almajiris and social almajiris. I discovered that social almajiri had its root in the advent of the politics of do -or-die introduced into the political lexicon of Yorubaland by apostles of mainstream politics especially ex-President Obasanjo. The grand Patron of political almajiris who recently passed away was Chief Lamidi Adedibu. Many have argued that his death has led to the proliferation of almajiris in Yorubaland. This is because those he hitherto dole handouts to must look for other means of survival since he is no more. These political almajiris are ready to exchange their mothers for few coins. A new political class of men without integrity and anything goes was created and they became political almajiris who survive on crumbs from their masters. They would rig, kill, maim and do all sort of things to acquire political power. With the ascension of these men in power, good governance became a thing of the past. Our collective patrimony was squandered by these political almajiris. Nigeria has never been so blessed with petro dollar with oil selling for $156 dollars per barrel but Nigeria has never been so poor with a chunk of the population living below poverty line. So versions of the political almajiris are the social almajiris that now invade ceremonies in Yorubaland. With these children begging for alms, a ready made market for thuggery and other social vices is assured. The activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.

The underlying factor in this new trend is failure of the Nigerian State on one part and the laziness on the part of these women. Most of them don't want to work, In those days, when everybody's occupation was farming you dare not beg. You must find something to do. But these days, our women and children are too lazy. It is either they steal or beg. In most cases a mother and child become almajiris at social events. So the question now is can a Yoruba man now refer derisively to a Hausa beggar as almajiri when we have many of them now in Yorubaland? The answer is no! This trend must be arrested before it goes out of hand. The almajiris in the North these days engage in novel forms of drug abuse like sniffing of gutter water to get intoxicated, sniffing of adhesives and other drugs so that they are ever ready to unleash terror on the rest of the society whenever they are called upon to do so by the political wing of almajiris. I strongly recommend that guests at public functions must stop encouraging almajiris by giving them money.

But can government which itself owns the political wing of almajiris arrest this trend? Time will tell.[/b]

Progressive and sophisticated governors from southwest really need to think progressive not retrogressive,that's my own you can report me to mod, I have said my own, the first step is to identify problem and second best way to solve it, not hiding my post or illegally prohibit me

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by homosapien(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2015
brofula:

you dont need to list ten achievements here, go home and reflect about the truth in this write up, OP mentioned a couple of things go round and confirm how true they are.
In all the new developing sites in lagos how many new houses under construction belongs to yorubas that is another way of measuring success, who is going to take over from your Adenuga and Otedola? may be the touts and omonile will do that I guess?

You must be funny to use tout and omonile to generalize the entire Yoruba youth. there is absolutely nothing to reflect because the Yoruba's youth I know are hardworking. it only on nairaland that yoruba are lazy and depends on igbo's for their survival. Seun too must belong to your category of tout and omonile unless if you are now saying he his not yoruba.
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by homosapien(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2015
meccuno:
the proverbial ostrich......hope you don't have sand in your eyes

If the entire igbo population has been listed among forbes list of billionaires, they I will answer your question. until then, go and remove the sand in your eyes before removing that's of yorubas.
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Wulfruna(f): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2015
Yoruba movies lack creativity compared to the English-language movies?

Hahaha! grin
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by BushidoBlue(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2015
YUSUPH1986:
[color=#990000][/color] u ar unrefine. Tame ur togue. U ar a mirrow through wc ur parent can be seen. Thanks

In that case you need to see Ilekeh and MayorofLagos parents.
I wonder what you will say then.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by tubolancer(m): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2015
No yoruba man can write this thrash, are my jealous of the Ibo man living in my father' house or what? What did an average ibo man possess that I do not have? What are they dominating? Rubbish write up by an Ibo monster.
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Marpol: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
hinwazaka:
Hogwash. Yorubas are all lazy, their sisters are lazy, their wives are lazy, their sons are lazy, their daughters are lazy, their mothers are lazy, their fathers are lazy, their grandfathers were lazy, their greatgrandfathers were lazy, in fact their entire lineage, past, present and future are lazy, were lazy and will always be lazy. Alongside, their good for nothing cousins, the Hausa/Fulanis, the Yorubitches are the laziest, most good for nothing tribe that ever occupied a region, in the state of Nigeria. Progressive, my foot.

Who provoked you this morning?
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by God2man(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Why the Yorubas? Why?
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by dsquare33: 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
hinwazaka:
Hogwash. Yorubas are all lazy, their sisters are lazy, their wives are lazy, their sons are lazy, their daughters are lazy, their mothers are lazy, their fathers are lazy, their grandfathers were lazy, their greatgrandfathers were lazy, in fact their entire lineage, past, present and future are lazy, were lazy and will always be lazy. Alongside, their good for nothing cousins, the Hausa/Fulanis, the Yorubitches are the laziest, most good for nothing tribe that ever occupied a region, in the state of Nigeria. Progressive, my foot.
The Op has given you mouth to talk,why you no go misyearn.yeye de smell.
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Malawian(m): 1:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
i think the problem was awolowo making them think the igbo are their rivals. i will explain.
with the end of the war, as well as the imporvishment of the igbo, they did not feel any need to bucle up.
then there is the indigenization policy that just gave them money on a platter, i wonder if they even repayed the loans they used in buying up thoses multinationals then.

they settled down to party and to drink.

the thing with kids, they are only good at learning by observation. the present generation of yoruba youths learnt their trade by watching their fathers party away with abandon.

igbo youths on the other hand learnt the dignity of labour form their parents hell bent on recovering. my father made money so fast, we never lacked anything, in fact we even had a measure of luxury but he taught us stuff. i mean, they will deliberately starve us until 3pm on some days before we eat breakfast. some other times, we had to even 'work" for our feeding (by making us stay in my mamas shop - and we only eat after we have sold a certain amount of money). we are talking about the 80s when we already had a number of buildings to my fathers name, when he was already driving a V-Boot (a luxury car then) and my mother a 505.

they taught us fairplay. we were all made to eat from the same bowl. it was turn by turn grin grin all six of us (then) gatered around a mass of eba and soup. they will deliberately put only 4 piece of meat in the soup spo that we will share. the rule was who ever does the sharing of the meat will pick his/her piece the last.

those things are deliberate parenting skills they unleashed on us, in fact i was at a friends place only to see the guy using the same "agabari" for his children.

accross the fence, we will see even the mothers of our yoruba neighbours calling mama put to buy food for their kids.

i shudder at what the next generation of yoruba youths will be like.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by tonychristopher: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
inlandtaipan:
Writing for Naij.com from Magodo, Lagos, Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye says the Yoruba youths are no longer making their valuable contributions to the political and cultural life in Nigeria. What can the Yoruba people do to restore lost influence?

Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled “Dwindling Oil Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?” posited that today, despite the pitiful state of unemployment in Nigeria, ironically, the nation is still rated as the third destination of investors and one of the fastest-growing economy in the world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a golden land of numerous opportunities for those who are resourceful, ingenious, creative, innovative, inventive, groundbreaking, enterprising, hardworking, focused, visionary and, most significantly, disciplined.

Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth.

The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities.

The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos.

More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas.

Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners.

The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops.

Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths.

Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.

I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease.

Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.

In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013.

The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself.

Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP.

Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son’s expected defeat. Victorious Buhari’s teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman.

In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.

Truth is despicable and bitter but must be said and swallowed

Nice article
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by tonychristopher: 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
tobimillar:
Really butter truth that we all should begin to ponder on. Although I differ on a few point especially the part where u said hausa's and igbo's are more united than the yoruba's. That is a fallacy. Everybody knows that the hausa's are the most united in Nigeria but then the yoruba's rank second with the igbo's coming a distant third. On laziness, of a truth the average yoruba man is not as enterprising as the folks from S.E BUT talking about education, I dont know the yardstick you are using but the yoruba's are still ahead.

IN conclusion everybody should wake up. Hausa igbo and yoruba.

I think in terms of education today it is Igbo..Igbo is the most educated tribe and also the tribe with widespread income

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
ue definition of success is quite different bro...

So, a 4x4 shop with stolen and fake ;DDgoods ;Dgoods is now a success?

Well some lazy tribe rush to those 4 × 4 shops to extort the owners. Their life depends on the money that they extort.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by vladimiros: 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
[size=13pt]As a Niger Deltan , This does not only apply to Yoruba youths but everybody

we youths are getting lazy, and need to appreciate hardwork,[/size]

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by mikolo80: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
inlandtaipan:
the conclusion is quite straight, Yoruba youths are lazy. They are only good at collecting "owo omo on'ile"
monkey De work baboon De chop. it's called working smart
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by mikolo80: 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
AustineE1:
Youths in general have to look inwards and prepare for the challenges ahead and for our Yoruba brothers,its hard time they forget leaving in the past glory,'Awolowo did this,Awolowo did that' etc and face up for the challenges of 21st century.The world is running at a fast pace,it is the survival of the fittest!The era of welfarism is long gone,capitalism is brutal,it favours only those who are hard working....God bless Nigerian youths.
nope it favors those who are SMART working
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by ahamonyeka(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Do you need any herbalist to tell you that yoloba youths are lazy?
Igbos has been industrious right from the creation of the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Goke7: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Yoruba's are not lazy as this article suggests, what is happening is this:

Yoruba's no longer have forward thinking and visionary political leaders any longer, secondly the top management corporate yoruba guys and entrepreneurs aslo share in the blame, let me explain.

When an Igbo or niger delta guy assumes managerial position in any firm in lagos, he sees it as an opportunity to begin to mentor and bring in his fellow guys or younger brothers from his village into the company via influencing or recommendation during recruitment and before you know it graduates from schools like enbonyi state uni anambra state uni, imsu and so on are already getting jobs in Lagos before their Yoruba counterparts from LASU or UNILAG. Pls check any company in Lagos where you have Igbo guys as top management staff to confirm this, ditto for the Igbo entrepreneurs or agents at the ports, they have a way of bringing in their kinsmen into Lagos to set them up for business purposes. Meanwhile our Yoruba mds and entrepreneurs do not help their kinsmen like their Igbo fellows, let's not deceive ourselves Nigeria is all about who you know, forget about qualifications, the opportunities available are far more than those who are in need so its man know man basis. You have a situation where an entire youruba family will be begging a top youruba guy to help his kinsmen all to no avail. This is where the gap is.

Our politicians esp the governors are only interested in individuals or firms bringing or investing their monies into the states without thinking about empowering their citizens, they are only interested in collecting revenues, taxes to increase IGR. This gives undue advantage to outsiders who when they set up industries in their States bring in their own people to employ. They do not have intentional or deliberate agreements with investors to empower their own people. This is where Yoruba governors are missing it leaving their citizens at the mercy of outsiders, even industries owned by yorubas are not regulated enough to ensure local content.

Until the issues above are addressed, am sorry the sw future looks bleak as it is no longer the case where its only guys from the sw are going to school

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Philistine(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
The rubbish was written by an igbo guy using a yoruba name.All i see is lies everywhere! Igbos love massaging their egos with lies and false imaginations. My hatred for dis people just keep growing everyday.
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by onyepapa(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ebukaobi:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy.

Can you deal with this issue

He keeps breaking NL rules
you can change your name but you can't change being a coward
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by FKO81(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Philistine:
The rubbish was written by an igbo guy using a yoruba name.All i see is lies everywhere! Igbos love massaging their egos with lies and false imaginations. My hatred for dis people just keep growing everyday.
Bastar.d who cares about the way you feel about us, silly ponk

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
YUSUPH1986:
[color=#990000][/color] u ar unrefine. Tame ur togue. U ar a mirrow through wc ur parent can be seen. Thanks
Who is this fool that couldn't even type correctly? You must be a Yellow-bar goat!

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Philistine:
Where did this goat originate from? Are u ok? Or u need some good deal of beating?
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
tubolancer:
No yoruba man can write this thrash, are my jealous of the Ibo man living in my father' house or what? What did an average ibo man possess that I do not have? What are they dominating? Rubbish write up by an Ibo monster.
U poor goat!
Re: OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye by YUSUPH1986(m): 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
[quote author=StephanieEzeh post=39053408. U av lost the pride of a woman! Basic character deficiency. O she

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nobody Will Vote For You In The Next Election" Fr Mbaka To Buhari. / Congratulations Chukwuma Soludo. / Borno: Gov Zulum Appoints 168 Aides, 104 Board Members & 9 Stas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.