Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,503 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote (1978 Views)

Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos / Official Portrait Of Hajia Maryam Mairo, Aminu Tambuwal's Second Wife / Soldier Beats Up BRT Driver At Iyana Ipaja Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by Skillz4u(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2015
Hajiya Gambo Muhammad, a senior driver in Dangote Cement Transport Obajana, has a high popularity rate among her officers at the transport department within the company. She was 18 years when she started driving a truck.
Tell us about your up-bringing
I was born in Jajimaji, Karasuwa, Yobe State. I am 35 years old. I completed my primary school and then got married, though we later separated. I even inherited driving from my father who was a driver for a decade. Also, my brothers were drivers and I am the only female among them, that is why I joined the line of driving.
Where Did You Learn How To Drive A Truck In Particular?
I learnt how to drive through my husband. At first I usually observed how he drove and I made up my mind that one day I would also learn. Later, I began to ask him to teach me driving. The first time he disagreed on my proposal, but eventually, he agreed because he thought I would not be able to cope because it is not easy. Not every male driver can drive a truck talk more of me being a female. I insisted that I was ready to learn, so he gave the directive to his partner to teach me and that was how I began to learn.
How Many Years Have You Spent As A Driver?
I started driving since I was a teenager. I started by driving up and down the main road till I eventually became a perfect and guaranteed driver. So when my husband and I got separated, I obtained a driving license and identification card from Dangote cement Transport, Obajana. Now I have spent 12 years working with the company. We are working together with my former husband in the same company.
Usually, I prefer driving overnight. I drive around 1:30 to 3:00am in the night to everywhere I am going across the country.
How Did You Become A Part Of This Business As A Driver?
Yes, I believed that driving is a very good business and that anyone can be a part of it, so I decided on choosing it as my best option. That is the reason I am in it, even though I am a female.
What Is Your Ambition In This Business?
I thank Almighty Allah, who created me, and decide to make me a truck driver. Obviously, I obtained so many things through this business, they are uncountable. I have established a lot of businesses including transportation as well. Now as I am discussing with you, I own my personal truck which I gave to someone else to do the driving, I thank him (Almighty Allah).
I really appreciate the fact that the chairman of the company, Aliko Dangote used to offer me direct access to any one of his managers including himself. I am specially treated, better than all my colleagues everywhere we gather at any given station, whether on queue of fueling, loading or off-loading, as a result of my gender.
What Is Your Message To All Females?
Being a female by sex should not disqualify you from being a driver. I am not the only woman doing it. We are many, I am from Yobe State and Hajiya Rafiā€™atu is from Katsina State. We are all from the North. I see nothing difficult in it, all you need is just determination, simple.
Are You Considering Marriage?
Yes, I am considering marriage and I am ready for it. Once I get a good proposal, I will go for it.
Do You Have Children With Your Former Husband?
No, I have no child with him.

http://insidearewa..nl/2015/10/meet-hajia-gambo-female-truck-driver-at.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by jazinogold(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2015
ok!

make she drive this trend to front page!

1 Like

Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2015
wow
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by KELVINXY: 7:47am On Oct 16, 2015
That's nice

Thank God she is hard working & not one of these one's that will soon engulf this thread blasting "what a man can do,woman can do better". undecided
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2015
Hard work pays! Dignity in labour.

My friend Truckpusher pushes truck and always smile to the bank. grin

God Bless Her

1 Like

Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2015
"she can't try this in Saudi Arabia".
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by Beremx(f): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2015
She get mind sha.
Wish her all the best.
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by CARLOSZ: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by modath(f): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"she can't try this in Saudi Arabia".

You are who you are, your trolling norr get part two.. grin

Wish her the best but she can't grow a family doing this Job, one has to give way..

1 Like

Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

You are who you are, your trolling norr get part two.. grin

Wish her the best but she can't grow a family doing this Job, one has to give way..
"modath Maka why"?
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by dekdek: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Hard work pays! Dignity in labour.

My friend Truckpusher pushes truck and always smile to the bank. grin

God Bless Her

Na lie, na drug the guy dey push. The same way he lied that he knows my location in diobu. My teeth are still intact grin he is yet to break anyone.
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 16, 2015
jazinogold:
ok!

make she drive this trend to front page!

truly
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by yhemsy62(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2015
Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you. Amen.
Nlers today is my day. Happy birthday to me. Cheers!!
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by yhemsy62(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2015
Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you. Amen.
Nlers today is my day, pls show some love. Happy birthday to me. Cheers!!
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by babyfaceafrica: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2015
And some people will complain that women are margnalised?...if you are good at what you do..no one will marginalise you!!!..God bless ur hustle hajia!!!!
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by lincolnj88: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2015
grin this shhould encouraged other muslims female northerners who believe life is all about taking long dogoyaro brokos and bulk production of almajiris
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by Vicadonis(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2015
Its called gender equality. After all that's what they always shout. So, no big deal
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by 7footre(m): 9:36am On Oct 16, 2015
I don't think i'll ever drive a truck... that thing is too long jor so I commend her for her efforts.... she towed the honourable path
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by sandraokosun: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2015
olisa metuh ! Pdp discovered haija in 1980, buhari just taking credit! Lol
Re: Meet Hajia Gambo The Female Truck Driver At Dangote by Mautonmentos(m): 10:43am On Oct 16, 2015
Quite Inspiring...no limitations!!!

(1) (Reply)

How I Killed Oba Of Yoruba In Kano-suspect / Letter To PMB: Appraising Appointments In The Federal Ministry Of Health / Wole Soyinka On Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.