Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister (3463 Views)

APC Youths Protest Suswam's Return To Benue (Photos) / Urhobo Youths Give Ijaw Indigenes 14-day Ultimatum To Vacate Udu Land / Dokpesi: PDP Youths Protest In Front Of High Court Abuja, Demand His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 16, 2015
Some youths under the auspices of the
Urhobo Nationality Council, UNC, on
Wednesday morning protested the
nomination of the
Group Managing Director of the Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation,
NNPC, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu, as the minister to
represent Delta State.
In a peaceful protest which commenced
around Okumagba Avenue, Warri, Delta
State, Secretary of the UNC, Mr. Progress
Omo-Agege, claimed that the NNPC boss did
not vote for President Muhammadu Buhari
during the just concluded
general elections in the country.
He accused Kachikwu of being a major
sponsor of the Peoples Democratic Party’s
Governorship Candidate in Delta State,
Dr Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa, during the last
election.
‘’ Our protest is because Kachikwu is not a
member of the APC, he’s not a card-carrying
member. He did not vote for President
Buhari and he was a major sponsor of the
PDP in Delta state.
‘’ We are not comfortable and the other three
senators are not comfortable. The
nomination of Kachikwu will not strengthen
the party in Delta. Let Buhari bring
somebody that will support the cause of the
party, Urhobo deserves a minister’’, he said.
While claiming that the Urhobo people
remain the fourth largest producer of oil and
gas in the country, the youths said that
Buhari’s relationship with the Urhobo nation
should be protected by appointing an Urhobo
man as a minister.
The Secretary added that Kachikwu being
nominated as minister would only tear the
APC in Delta State apart.
He appealed to Buhari to quash the
nomination of Kachikwu and ‘nominate
another person that will support the cause of
the party at the Federal and State levels’.
The Senate will resume the screening of
ministerial nominees this Wednesday with
Kachikwu as one of the 11 nominees
expected to be screened.

Source: nigeriantimes.ng/news/urhobo-youths-protest-kachikwus-nomination-as-minister/
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by youngwarrior(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2015
wow, this is amazing
ok op, carry on
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by youngwarrior(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2015
such post usually makes me speechless. no matter how fast i think my brain boot, such post gets it nagging.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by IGBOPRINCE: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2015
How s the nomination of ibe kachikwu weaken the apc party in delta state? Or will not strengthen their party in delta state?
You guys re just angry because they selected some one from delta igbo.

Una no serious at all, urhobo wayo pple.

The man must be there to work out the systems, not there for your own selfish interest.
They found him eligible and credible and that s why the americans recommended him .

Abi una think sey na buhari select am? sad

My take.

17 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by honourhim: 7:59am On Oct 16, 2015
A lesson for the igbos in the south south. Can you now see that those you think are your brothers are actually not?
Being part of south south does not make you their brother. Dont be deceived. Keep in touch with your root- Igbo, and forget about the name south this and south that.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by meccuno: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
How s the nomination of ibe kachikwu weaken the apc party in delta state? Or will not strengthen their party in delta state?

The man must be there to work out the systems, not there for your own selfish interest.
They found him eligible and credible and that s why the americans recommended him .

My take.
exactly my point......because of who he is......and some people would want to die on the statement that "I am not igbo".....they would support them, but when it comes to appointment, that's when they remember that they are not from SS but igbos.........

9 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by IGBOPRINCE: 8:03am On Oct 16, 2015
honourhim:
A leason for igbos in the south south. Can you now see that those you think are yoyr brothers are actually not?
Being part of south south does not make you their brother. Dont be deceived. Keep in touch with your root- Igbo, and forget about the name south this and south that.
don't mind them, they felt an igbo man is the governor of delta state and also nnpc president or whatever ministerial position he wants to attain.

So they re hurts in their hearts.

Hypocrite clans.

7 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by xrisdon(m): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2015
Their first reason is deceitful and diversionary!!

Thier main anger is that the governor is from Delta North, and another Delta North is nominated as a minister.

5 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by ckmayoca: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2015
honourhim:
A lesson for the igbos in the south south. Can you now see that those you think are your brothers are actually not?

What are you saying? Even shittu that came from oyo is not accepted by APC oyo state so why trying to tribalis a well explanatory issue. This isn't about tribe according to the simple article you just read if you eventually read it.
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by IGBOPRINCE: 8:11am On Oct 16, 2015
meccuno:
exactly my point......because of who he is......and some people would want to die on the statement that "I am not igbo".....they would support them, but when it comes to appointment, that's when they remember that they are not from SS but igbos.........
nwanne, all this non igbo surrounding our brothers in delta, edo,benue and rivers re hypocrite. Any small chance given to an igbo stocks, they will feel like hugging transformer because he s an igbo man.

After people like enahi,laudate,oyind17,hopeathand and ss claimers will opened a thread and said let's us discussed about ss as one lol.

Tribalistic Hypocrite sad

10 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by sandraokosun: 8:14am On Oct 16, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

My take.
biafra man, if buhari nor get eye for the best he for take the recommedation? Give honour to whom its due. Kachuku, could have just remained unknow if pmb wanted to do things the way he met it of bringing round peg in square hole. Was kakichu nt recommed to gej too who despise technocrat

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
nwanne, all this non igbo surrounding our brothers in delta, edo,benue and rivers re hypocrite. Any small chance given to an igbo stocks, they will feel like hugging transformer because he s an igbo man.

After people like enahi,laudate,oyi.nd17,hopeathand and ss claimers will opened a thread and said let's us discussed about ss as one lol.

tongue
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by sandraokosun: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2015
gej betrayed his brother ameachi for a northerner jang, timipre sylva did it, these delta boys are doing it to their brother. But when ameachi says i pay u back, he becomes the wail of pdp

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by lincolnj88: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2015
delta current governor is an igbo man from ika extraction and d nnpc ibe.k is also an igbo from aniocha extraction , d capital of delta is in d igbos terriitory , we have 9 igbo local govt in delta state and we have technocrats such as noi elumelu and so onthese block urhobos head wont respect us grin they dont know dat in reality delta state is owned by us... I am from the ndokwa extraction

grin urhobo fight for biafra den all this will never happen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by teadrake(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2015
Another reason I believed PMB considered by not attaching portfolios to the respective nominees, this kinda scenario would have attracted so much agitations and condemnation in upper legislative chamber,where some senators might claim their state didn't get a juicy position.PMB appointed a member of the opposition to the nation petroleum sector,something his predecessor couldn't afford.I believe commendation is all what he deserve not this.Even senate minority leader couldn't hold his tongue of gratitude.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:30am On Oct 16, 2015
APC wahala
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by AustineE1: 8:37am On Oct 16, 2015
Pls this Urhobo people shld mind themselves,Kachichukwu is a pride of Nigeria and nt just Delta State or ndigbo....i wld rather prefer them to ask the president to compensate them with the position of the new NNPC BOSS.
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2015
meccuno:

nairaland is such a terrible place. When it is time for oil and food people say SS people are not Igbos but when it is time to apportion blame and wahala, the SS people are seen as Igbos.

Nawa o.

5 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Bennyberry(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2015
The youths of this country are not ready for leadership. Quote me anywhere
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 16, 2015
AustineE1:
Pls this Urhobo people shld mind themselves,Kachichukwu is a pride of Nigeria and nt just Delta State or ndigbo....i wld rather prefer them to ask the president to compensate them with the position of the new NNPC BOSS.

What portfolio do you think Buhari will hand over to kachikwu?
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Beremx(f): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2015
Did Urhobo people vote for PMB?
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by ArodeTsolaye: 9:57am On Oct 16, 2015
honourhim:

A wobbling APC south-south wing now willing tools of divide and rule in Delta state, and why didn't they give the name of the coordinator of the Urhobo youths? How many times have hausas protested against their fulani minority taking every presidency that comes to the north.
Any it's left for the 'I am not Igbo' Anioma people to respond to their "fellow Delta/ SSner". grin

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by fr3do(m): 9:57am On Oct 16, 2015
Urhobos eh
I'm disappointed
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by fr3do(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2015
Oppah in Ndokwa has the biggest gas plant in the whole Nigeria.
Ika and Ndokwa have lots of Oil wells.
No be Urhobos get Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Kponkwem(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2015
I keep saying it the Hausa man and Yoruba recognise Igbo (Whether SE or Delta Igbo) very much in Nigeria despite all these attacks on the social media. That is why they will give them job opportunities before all these mushroom one local government ethnic groups parading about. Check companies owned by Hausas and Yorubas and do a census of the employees. You see that Igbos have far more opportunities in these places more than all these ethnic champions claiming 'we are south south' put together. Go to the banks, media, manufacturing, agro-allied industries, real estate from Lagos to Kano, Abuja to Enugu, Kaduna to PH etc. Secifically, companies like Globacom, Dangote, Zenon Oil and other companies not owned by Igbos and see the number of Igbos there compared with all ethnicities in SS put together. Apart from the intellectual aptitutude of the Igbo, these employers recognise the work ethos Igbo bring to the organisation or administration. So evem a Buhari cannot neglect Igbo whether he voted him or not. In fact an Igbo will be abusing him and still be asking him for his due.

The other political power blocs use the so called South South to put the Igbo in check only for political purposes. That is why you see SS tribes and their posture is always 'We will not allow Igbo to have this or that', 'We will not allow them own house in Ph or Uyo,' 'We will not vote for Igbo presidency', 'We will not allow Igbo nominee as minister this or that' All hot air to amuse the Hausa and Yoruba and tickle the Igbo themselves. At the end of it all, these tribes are nowhere in the equation.

7 Likes

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by HopeAtHand: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

After people like enahi,laudate,oyind17,hopeathand and ss claimers will opened a thread and said let's us discussed about ss as one lol.

Whats my business..am i from Delta??

Im an Ikwerre, and no Niggah tries shiit with us in Rivers..ya diggh??
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by alaoeri: 10:22am On Oct 16, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

My take.
So its no more PDP that recommended him according to Olisa Metuh, awon wailers yi sha. undecided
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by stinggy(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2015
To be fair, Delta North (Igbo) produced the current Governor, it wouldn't have been bad to consider other parts/tribes of Delta in the Ministerial nomination bearing in mind that the last Minister's also from Delta North.

But this Kach guy is just too brilliant to be overlooked, and has very strong backing from powers-that-be.

Urhobos sorry, you'll get lucky next time embarassed

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 16, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

My take.
You see, there is something about Igbos in SS and Igbos in SE. I think the Igbos in SE are wiser than their brothers in SS this is because of the way the two reasons.
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by AustineE1: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2015
SovietBomber:

What portfolio do you think Buhari will hand over to kachikwu?
minister of Petroluem or min.of state for Petroluem.
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by Sanchez01: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2015
honourhim:
The Urhobos as a people, are very accommodating but never good at forging alliances. I'm somewhat disappointed in these jobless youths. It's quite obvious they presented themselves as mercenaries to be used by the APC chiefs in Delta state.

For the guy saying the present governor of Delta state is an Igbo-Deltan, hence, appointing another Delta-Igbo is unfair is missing the picture. The oil is not about Urhobos, Ijaws and Itsekiris. The president has appointed a man he deems capable and they have no option but to deal with it.
Re: Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister by juddexy2(m): 10:56am On Oct 16, 2015
Some times I wonder how some youths could be so daft... Are we not looking for the betterment of our country?, must we always put ethnic and party affiliation before anything?
As far as I am concerned kachikwu is so eligible

In Oshiomole's voice
They should GO and........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sorry To APC Friends, Wike Can Appeal Till His Term Is Over / IPOB Members Chase And Kill An Hausa Man Who Turned Into A Cow / Latest Trump Executive Order, Buruntai And Tinubu Could End Up Being Blacklisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.