Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (324052 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by NoirBlvck(f): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
LagosNIV:

I see, well it usually takes about 10 business days when everything works normally. But your case is a bit different since the passport got pulled and now has to make its way back to your file. And we have had a holiday in the time since you dropped it off. Be patient and send an e-mail next week if you haven't heard anything yet.

Hello Sir

We have the same issue. Our visas were issued on 9th November. We went to the gss collection center on Monday and they said the passports were not ready for collection. There's also no status update available online for the passport number. Will we be notified via email when the passports are ready for collection?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
NoirBlvck:

Hello Sir

We have the same issue. Our visas were issued on 9th November. We went to the gss collection center on Monday and they said the passports were not ready for collection. There's also no status update available online for the passport number. Will we be notified via email when the passports are ready for collection?

Please read the information that you quoted. It has not been 10 business days. It was only 5 business days when you went to the GSS collection center.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Omenaisunday12: 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
Glory be to God almighty, I just pick up my passport today at the visa collection center.special thanks to the former VO and the present VO and all of you for your support. May GOD bless u all...

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 9:41am On Nov 19, 2015
Hi VO,
I belong to d IR2 category..
Pls how long does it take to be called for an interview after submitting a police report to d nvc?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 20, 2015
Joboms:
Hi VO,
I belong to d IR2 category..
Pls how long does it take to be called for an interview after submitting a police report to d nvc?
Thanks

It depends.

I won't be answering any more questions about "When is my appointment?" or "When will my visa be ready?" because there are many factors that influence both of these points. If you have questions about your specific timeline, you can email LagosIV@state.gov
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jenny12345: 10:50am On Nov 20, 2015
Pleae VO,
I have been trying to reschedule my interview after I was told I cannot be interviewed. reason being that the Barcode in appoitment letter does not correspond with the one in my application form.
The letter I was given reads: You do not have to pay further appointment fee. reschedule in two days time. Today is the second day and I am not able to get through with it. Reason: The System demands I key in the MRV No which I have done but its not accepting it.
question:

What do I do? Pay again? or fill another DS-160 form?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
jenny12345:
Pleae VO,
I have been trying to reschedule my interview after I was told I cannot be interviewed. reason being that the Barcode in appoitment letter does not correspond with the one in my application form.
The letter I was given reads: You do not have to pay further appointment fee. reschedule in two days time. Today is the second day and I am not able to get through with it. Reason: The System demands I key in the MRV No which I have done but its not accepting it.
question:

What do I do? Pay again? or fill another DS-160 form?
Thanks

This isn't an immigrant visa question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
Good day sir i have my interview 5th Nov. 2015 but he return my international passport and ask me to submit it with my Original marriage certificate at DHL office VI, so my wife have to send it from State and i submited it on monday 9 Nov 2015, since then i haven't heard anything from them, pls sir how long will it take to issue my visa? Thanks so much sir.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ejiro2006(f): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dear VO,

How & when do I change my 3 year old child's status from follow to join to accompany? my case is with NVC.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dotmax53: 7:30am On Nov 21, 2015
Dear Vo,
im a musical artiste,and willing to immigrate to the Us,just for tour,and shooting of my musical video..my trip duration is up to 30days,,Simply because i got my albulm launch,concert,,immediately after my scheduled trip.....My trip will be sponsored by my record label..What are the supporting documents needed to tenderupon my interview...Moreso is my reason geniune enough as a tie to Nigeria??

Urgent answers Please
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tolam08(m): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
Dear VO
Gud day. Pls I'm presently in 9ja but av a distant family who resides in USA. I really want to go there to work but I don't knw which type of visa to apply for. Perhaps he can help in anyway, he asked me to verify the type I want to apply for.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2015
ejiro2006:
Dear VO,

How & when do I change my 3 year old child's status from follow to join to accompany? my case is with NVC.

Regards.

You can change this at the time of the interview, or you can contact NVC now.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 23, 2015
Dotmax53:
Dear Vo,
im a musical artiste,and willing to immigrate to the Us,just for tour,and shooting of my musical video..my trip duration is up to 30days,,Simply because i got my albulm launch,concert,,immediately after my scheduled trip.....My trip will be sponsored by my record label..What are the supporting documents needed to tenderupon my interview...Moreso is my reason geniune enough as a tie to Nigeria??

Urgent answers Please

If you are just going for 30 days, you aren't immigrating. Start at http://travel.state.gov/ to learn more about non-immigrant visas.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2015
tolam08:
Dear VO
Gud day. Pls I'm presently in 9ja but av a distant family who resides in USA. I really want to go there to work but I don't knw which type of visa to apply for. Perhaps he can help in anyway, he asked me to verify the type I want to apply for.

Your family members will have to petition for you, and have that petition approved by USCIS, before you are able to immigrate. You can find out more about visa immigrant classes at http://travel.state.gov/.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2015
With all the talk about the checks for refugees on the news and commentary from sec DHS on CNN, will post processing of k1's security change to the long process as well? Mr Johnson cited a 18 to 24 month security process.....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dotmax53: 9:41am On Nov 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

If you are just going for 30 days, you aren't immigrating. Start at http://travel.state.gov/ to learn more about non-immigrant visas.

Thanks for the response, i mean to say a Non-immgrant visa....I already got an interview appointment with a B1-B2 visa.As a musical artiste,what is the neccessary documents i need to tender at the embassy, and to prove to the Vo that i will be coming back, i mean ties,because my Record Label(employer) will me sponsoring my trip...Meanwhile im juru going for tour and pleasure,hotel already reserved...Thanks for your anticipated reponse.....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by uzhi(m): 10:19am On Nov 23, 2015
Hello V O,
I applied for visa at the embassy in Abuja last year February and got denied, the reason as she told me was that I didn't have the basic requirements to enter united state of America. My mission was to attend a training and I was working with the state government then and also married with a child. After the denial, I have traveled to south Africa and now based in Europe with resident permit as a student. My question is, with my change of status, can I reapply now ?
Thanks for your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
tomyka81:
With all the talk about the checks for refugees on the news and commentary from sec DHS on CNN, will post processing of k1's security change to the long process as well? Mr Johnson cited a 18 to 24 month security process.....

There are no new or additional security procedures - everyone goes through the same process that they have been going through for years now.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dotmax53:

Thanks for the response, i mean to say a Non-immgrant visa....I already got an interview appointment with a B1-B2 visa.As a musical artiste,what is the neccessary documents i need to tender at the embassy, and to prove to the Vo that i will be coming back, i mean ties,because my Record Label(employer) will me sponsoring my trip...Meanwhile im juru going for tour and pleasure,hotel already reserved...Thanks for your anticipated reponse.....

Please read the beginning of this thread, this is for immigrant visas.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tolam08(m): 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dear VO,
I'm writing wt respect to d question I asked yesterday as regards my cousin who is in USA but wants to help me abroad. Pls wat can you say about invitation visa(duration and terms attached to it). He asked me to find out a way he can be of help. Please I need your response so I can get back to him.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 24, 2015
tolam08:
Dear VO,
I'm writing wt respect to d question I asked yesterday as regards my cousin who is in USA but wants to help me abroad. Pls wat can you say about invitation visa(duration and terms attached to it). He asked me to find out a way he can be of help. Please I need your response so I can get back to him.

I have already responded to your question. Perhaps you are looking for a non-immigrant visa?

Review the website I already posted in response to your question, then ask your question in the appropriate thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DpdNKerosene(f): 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
My fiance is in the process of getting his new passport. We are almost at the stage of scheduling his appointment for his K1 visa. Can we do this without his passport number?

I have looked on the website and it asks for the number but I wasn't sure if there was a way around that just in case it does not come before we're ready to schedule.

Thanks for any info!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamoluwafemi: 12:53am On Nov 25, 2015
Welcome "Sa"

It's so great to have a new thread and a new VO to take over as promised by our dearest former VO. Hope you have a splendid time in Nigeria sir.

LagosNIV:
Side note, I'm a "sa" not a "ma." wink

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ellanaire(f): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello VO, my mum filled an immigrant visa for me. My interview was 21st of October. I was asked by the consular officer to drop my mum's 2012 and 2013 tax returns at drop off center because they only have that of 2014 and also do DNA testing. My questions are:
1. should the tax returns papers be original or can a scanned copy be dropped off?
2. what information does my mum need for the DNA testing because she has already booked an appointment and they asked her to fax "the information" and now she's asking me for "the information". The only information i have is the address of Us consulate office and my current contact information. Is this what they are asking for?
3. Why was i asked to do all these?
Thanks in anticipation smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tolam08(m): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
LagosNIV:

I have already responded to your question. Perhaps you are looking for a non-immigrant visa?

Review the website I already posted in response to your question, then ask your question in the appropriate thread.
I've carefully read through it and I think I fall under the H1B visa group for holders of bachelors degree and special skill.
Can I apply for the visa and be granted even when I don't have any employer in USA presently ready to petition my presence?. Will I be granted the visa to go to USA and stay with my cousin over there for a while and start looking for work when I get there?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nwabush1: 3:37am On Nov 29, 2015
Hello Visa Officer,
My husband was asked to drop off his passport for visa in October after his DNA result was received. It's been almost a month and the passport isn't still ready. Can you please let me know how long the visa printing should take under this DNA situation. I know it generally takes 5 - 10 business days and this has been way too long. After the 3rd week I sent out an email to verify the status and was only informed that his passport was recieved however his visa application is still being processed. Please advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.