Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323064 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nne1202: 12:45am On Feb 05, 2019
hi
i had my first US visa in 2014, i used it once. i renewed it in 2016 through Dropbox, however i didn't use the visa because shortly after i go the visa i had a miscarriage(i didn't know i was pregnant) .i had complications from the miscarriage i had to go through invitro fertilization.and i didn't want to risk having another miscarriage. the visa expired 2018 august. i couldn't travel then because my baby was just 4 months. fast forward to Dec 2018 i applied for another visa through drop box because i had weaned her off breast milk and needed a vacation as i havent had one in 3 years. my passport was returned and i was given a 221g form and asked to reschedule an interview, which i did. my interview was denied today based on 214b denial. my husband doesnt have a usa visa and doesn't intend on getting one.i was asked if he had a visa, i answered appropriately. was asked why i didnt use the last visa i told them so. so i want to know why i was denied.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello jesuisroya,

You can apply for a U.S. visa whenever you'd like (as long as you have not been refused in the last 6 months). Please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp# for more information on U.S. nonimmigrant visas.

jesuisroya:
Hello @LagosIV,
Good day everyone in the group.
I wish you all a happy New Year.
My question is: I wish to travel to the US on holidays wiht my family: my husband and 2 kids.
My husband has a bout 1Million naira in his account while I have about 3 million.
We both work, though I earn more. i work in a well known establishment while my husband works for a small time business and earns like 100K per month.
Will it be ok for us to start the visa application process?
Thanks for your kind advice.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello akas123,

Your brother in law does not need to do anything. Please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp# for more information on U.S. nonimmigrant visas.

akas123:
Please I want information,My brother in law in Florida wishes to send invitation for my husband,me and our two kids,I want to know which procedure he needs to pass through over there and what will be required of us here to be issued the visa , thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nne1202: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
@lagosIV
nne1202:
hi
i had my first US visa in 2014, i used it once. i renewed it in 2016 through Dropbox, however i didn't use the visa because shortly after i go the visa i had a miscarriage(i didn't know i was pregnant) .i had complications from the miscarriage i had to go through invitro fertilization.and i didn't want to risk having another miscarriage. the visa expired 2018 august. i couldn't travel then because my baby was just 4 months. fast forward to Dec 2018 i applied for another visa through drop box because i had weaned her off breast milk and needed a vacation as i havent had one in 3 years. my passport was returned and i was given a 221g form and asked to reschedule an interview, which i did. my interview was denied today based on 214b denial. my husband doesnt have a usa visa and doesn't intend on getting one.i was asked if he had a visa, i answered appropriately. was asked why i didnt use the last visa i told them so. so i want to know why i was denied.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
I want to make enquiry about immigrant. Processing time my p man is petitoning for me he doesn't have is paper yet he said two Americans are the one that sign for me so I want to ask, any one know which category is my immigrant status and d processing time thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by humble100(m): 10:08am On Feb 10, 2019
Please i'm new here,i want to inquire if someone not related to me can file for a migrant visa for me,the stated person can accomodate me and is financially stable. The said person is a US citizen and we have been very close for years. Is there any migrant visa category that can cater for that? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by crisycent: 5:52am On Feb 11, 2019
Hello

I qualified for Dropbox and submitted my passport via dhl. I was told to schedule a follow up interview.

I have been trying to do that but no dates are shown whenever I click on the “Schedule Follow Up Appointment” button.

Please I need help on this @LagosNIV @LadyGuniverse
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Websterogu: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Dear VO.
My friend submitted all his f4 immigrant visa fees, documents and afdavit of support January and nvc sent him a mail that all the documents has been approved that they working with us embassy Nigeria to book interview for him. This march visa bulletin his priority date become current. How long will it take them to book himnfor interview
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by peterdrury: 9:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
Good day VO,

Thanks for the good job you're doing.

My late dad(green card holder) filled for me before he died, I was refused visa in 2009 because I was told to get DNA of which I cannot because he was dead.

My step brother mentioned something about petition on our behalf but to very honest, I dont have information about it and he can't give me the information because we are not in good terms ever since.

I applied for visit visit in 2017 but was rejected because of ties, though I stated about the earlier refusal in my application.

Please can any of my step brothers or sisters(citizens), smae father differnt mother file a fresh application on my behalf and is there a way to get information about previous petition that was filled years ago in my name?

Secondly, Could it been that I may have been banned because of the petition filled?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by efehis: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

I and my family applied for visit visa but were denied. We later discovered an old friend of ours stays in the US who said he could send an invite when next we want to apply again. My question is, will it be an issue if we state we know someone in the US when in our last application we stated we didn't know anyone or have relations or friends in the US
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by topexavier: 11:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello,

My IV interview is imminent. The police report I used as part of my civil documents will be exactly one year old just 2 weeks after my interview. Do I still have to get a new one for the interview?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Zinny18: 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hi VO,

Please I need your help, I'm a single mother and a Nurse who recently passed the nursing professional exam to migrate to USA, I'm presently with an agency that'd petition for me. Please my baby is 2years and my question is she (my baby ) is answering my father's first name as her surname and I'm answering my father's surname as my own surname meaning I don't answer the same surname with my baby, though I have an affidavit to support that I'm a single parent and that the baby's surname is my father's first name.

Also, what other documents should I provide cos I can't afford to miss this opportunity.

NB; The father of my baby denied her right from conception and since then I've not had any contact with him.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hammed71(m): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
V.O what is the probability that Nigeria will be eligible for the dvlottery again in the coming years
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Veeii1: 10:46am On Mar 11, 2019
Hi @lagosniv
.i am currently in the US to have my baby. My husband would be rrnewing is visa and applying with my sister so she can come along to hrlp me out cos i scheduled to have a caeseran section.
Question? What is the probability that she gets the visa as a single lady.
2. If she is rejected, would hers affect my husband 's as they both applied together.

Would really appreciate a response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

This thread will no longer be monitored by LagosNIV or AbujaNIV. We are creating a new thread titled "U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2" under the username USMissiontoNigeria. Kindly visit that thread for more information.

Sincerely,
LagosNIV

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by frankele(m): 2:35pm On Mar 14, 2019
Hello guys its been a while... i have been preparing Earnestly for my family Interview Which is coming up next week!!(F4)
So my petitioner just sent us the Financial documents and all... And we noticed that there is problem with the I-864 form ( Affidavit of support form) that she sent to us .. The mistake was That she wrote a Wrong Date of Birth in one Of D Derivative beneficiaries Details... And the Funniest thing was that She has sent that Document To NVC months ago and They did not reject or Even send an email to correct it....

Now we have an issue ...and the issue is we don't know if she should fill another one which is correct and send to us... Or we should just take the one with a mistake to visa interview... Because we are scared if we take a new one there ...and it contradicts what is with them...

Please for those who has done their interview or who has A Very Potent Advice... Please Drop it...
God bless You
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lindsy4real: 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hello everyone
My case is presently at the nvc, f3 category. I was applied for f1 but got married while awaiting to be current. Now I've gotten a letter to begin processing. My question is am about to renew my passport, do I continue with my maiden name as written on filed on my letter or should I use my married name on the passport.?
Also I added my kids name after I logged in on my caec account, i snapped and uploaded their birth certificate (3yrs and 1yr old) but it was rejected..don't know if it's because I snapped it instead of scanning before uploading or if there's a problem with the certificate
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

This thread will no longer be monitored by LagosNIV or AbujaNIV. We are creating a new thread titled "U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2" under the username USMissiontoNigeria. Kindly visit that thread for more information.

Sincerely,
LagosNIV

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.