Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323830 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chokey419(m): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Hope it went well!

Regards,
VO
wow it was a breeze,was done by 8am.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aos29: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
VO
Thanks for the the response. But the issue is the Petitioner's (who is in US) ORIGINAL birth and marriage certificates, to be sent to Nigeria

Will photocopies of these documents NOT suffice?

We are still not clear on this issue of the petitioner sending down his/her original documents like birth and marriage certificates to the applicant in Nigeria.

We will appreciate your help please.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adsincome: 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Dear VO

Have you ever seen a situation where the NVC reinstates an application 18 months after finally terminating it

What happens when your officers are unable to locate the address of the beneficiary via post but the beneficiary has a US attorney

That was my case, it was sent to my US attorneys old address and I never received the notification from the consulate and so never applied.

We have applied for a reinstatement. What do you think the chances are for reinstatement based on previous experience?

We already received a 203g notice
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ndi7(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2017
Dear VO,

Many thanks for this good work you are doing.

This response alone has just saved my heart from jumping out of me. I have a very similar case; was interviewed on July 27, 2017 for an F1, i once saw "administrative processing" when i log into the DS-160 form site; and just yesterday i called the embassy and was ask to check the ceac site and when i did "BAM !" the word "Refused" jumped at me ( i don't know how i survived it). The passport tracking site still says my pass is till with the embassy/consulate. when i send mails to the usual address for tracking it use to say "still with the post", but now it says "no status".

Question: Does this 60days of waiting, just working days or weekends/holidays inclusive?
By the way, am to study Executive MBA in IT at Ottawa University, Arizona (School resumes Aug 18, 2017; i know i will ask for revised I-20 and differ it to spring, right?)

Thanks once again.

VisaOfficer:

Officially, a case in administrative processing is refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This is normal. You should write us at LagosIV@state.gov if you have not heard anything after 60 days.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aos29: 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
VO,
Thanks for the the response. But the issue is the Petitioner's (who is in US) ORIGINAL birth and marriage certificates, to be sent to Nigeria for the purpose of interview in Nigeria.

We are still not clear on this issue of the petitioner sending down his/her original documents like birth and marriage certificates to the applicant in Nigeria for presentation during interview.

We will appreciate your help or anyone else who has been interviewed for immigrant visa, please.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by xxseekerxx: 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good day VO.

My spouse is about filing my petition for IR-1, please what other form is she suppose to fill besides I-130, and

Is she supposed to package all the forms together in the same envelope with I-130?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by seamoh: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2017
Hello and thank you very much , I am 2017 dv lottery winner , I have been interviewed in Abu Dhabi embassy on December 2016 in Abu Dhabi embassy , and my case is under Administrative processing , as I am from travel ban country , I have to proof my bone fide relationship my cousin to them , my cousin (my aunt’s son) lives in USA , then I provided the following documents
1. My cousin Visa’s Documents
2. My Cousine F1 document
3. MY cousin Commerce Bank (Debit Card) document
4. My cousin Address
5. Official Translation of Identity of my cousin Official Translation of Identity of my aunt Offical translation of Identity of my father
6. Official Translation of my identity card.
I have some question :
should I send an email to Abu Dhabi embassy to prove my bone fide relationship ?
does this email decreasing the time of Administrative Processing ?
should I attend directly in Abu Dhabi embassy to give my bone fide relationship documents ?
should I send my bone fide relationship to another related administrations ?
thank you very much for spending your precious time for me
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:32am On Aug 11, 2017
Aos29:
VO
Thanks for the the response. But the issue is the Petitioner's (who is in US) ORIGINAL birth and marriage certificates, to be sent to Nigeria

We are still not clear on this issue of the petitioner sending down his/her original documents like birth and marriage certificates to the applicant in Nigeria.

We will appreciate your help please.

Good morning,

I understand, thank you for clarifying. The beneficiary should bring originals of their documents, but photocopies of the petitioner's civil documents as included in the petition should suffice in most cases. Should originals be needed, the consular officer will request them at the time of the interview. I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:37am On Aug 11, 2017
Adsincome:
Dear VO

Have you ever seen a situation where the NVC reinstates an application 18 months after finally terminating it

What happens when your officers are unable to locate the address of the beneficiary via post but the beneficiary has a US attorney

That was my case, it was sent to my US attorneys old address and I never received the notification from the consulate and so never applied.

We have applied for a reinstatement. What do you think the chances are for reinstatement based on previous experience?

We already received a 203g notice

Good morning,

The decision for reinstatement is made on a case-by-case basis and I cannot comment on the particulars of your case or speculate on the possibility of reinstatement. I can say that it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the visa-issuing post with a current address. The applicant's failure to receive the notice of termination because he or she neglected to notify post of his or her change of address will not be considered as a reason beyond the applicants control for not pursuing the application.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2017
ndi7:
Dear VO,

Many thanks for this good work you are doing.

This response alone has just saved my heart from jumping out of me. I have a very similar case; was interviewed on July 27, 2017 for an F1, i once saw "administrative processing" when i log into the DS-160 form site; and just yesterday i called the embassy and was ask to check the ceac site and when i did "BAM !" the word "Refused" jumped at me ( i don't know how i survived it). The passport tracking site still says my pass is till with the embassy/consulate. when i send mails to the usual address for tracking it use to say "still with the post", but now it says "no status".

Question: Does this 60days of waiting, just working days or weekends/holidays inclusive?
By the way, am to study Executive MBA in IT at Ottawa University, Arizona (School resumes Aug 18, 2017; i know i will ask for revised I-20 and differ it to spring, right?)

Thanks once again.

Good morning,

It sounds like you are asking about a student visa, which is a non-immigrant visa. This is a forum for questions related to immigrant visas. Please direct your questions to the appropriate forum (I believe there is a forum dedicated to answering questions related to student visas).

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2017
xxseekerxx:
Good day VO.

My spouse is about filing my petition for IR-1, please what other form is she suppose to fill besides I-130, and

Is she supposed to package all the forms together in the same envelope with I-130?

Thank you

Good morning,

USCIS requires a number of documents for the initial filing of I-130 forms. You can find that information here under "Instructions for Form I-130" (https://www.uscis.gov/i-130).

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2017
seamoh:
Hello and thank you very much , I am 2017 dv lottery winner , I have been interviewed in Abu Dhabi embassy on December 2016 in Abu Dhabi embassy , and my case is under Administrative processing , as I am from travel ban country , I have to proof my bone fide relationship my cousin to them , my cousin (my aunt’s son) lives in USA , then I provided the following documents
1. My cousin Visa’s Documents
2. My Cousine F1 document
3. MY cousin Commerce Bank (Debit Card) document
4. My cousin Address
5. Official Translation of Identity of my cousin Official Translation of Identity of my aunt Offical translation of Identity of my father
6. Official Translation of my identity card.
I have some question :
should I send an email to Abu Dhabi embassy to prove my bone fide relationship ?
does this email decreasing the time of Administrative Processing ?
should I attend directly in Abu Dhabi embassy to give my bone fide relationship documents ?
should I send my bone fide relationship to another related administrations ?
thank you very much for spending your precious time for me

Good morning,

If you applied through the embassy in Abu Dhabi, you should direct these questions to their office.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adsincome: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

The decision for reinstatement is made on a case-by-case basis and I cannot comment on the particulars of your case or speculate on the possibility of reinstatement. I can say that it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the visa-issuing post with a current address. The applicant's failure to receive the notice of termination because he or she neglected to notify post of his or her change of address will not be considered as a reason beyond the applicants control for not pursuing the application.

Regards,
VO

Good morning. Thanks for your response.

I had my nigeria address on the i130 petition but the mail never came.

Why didnt the consulate mail the notification to me? Isnt that the usual practice?

Instead the NVC in usa mailed my former attorney in the usa, who is not responsible to update his address and only forwarded me the details after the termination was already in effect.

That being said, in your professional experience have you ever seen a case where a 203g was lifted. Maybe for humanitarian reasons?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aos29: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hello VO,
You have been so helpful to us in this forum, pls do not relent even when sometimes we ask childish questions.

Now one issue, the NVC welcome letter's documents cover sheet listed among other documents the Police Certificate, that the applicant must send photocopies to NVC.
At what point do you get the police certificate, when you have not gotten package 4 that contains letters to IG of police and the hospital. Please I need clarification. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Aos29:
Hello VO,
You have been so helpful to us in this forum, pls do not relent even when sometimes we ask childish questions.

Now one issue, the NVC welcome letter's documents cover sheet listed among other documents the Police Certificate, that the applicant must send photocopies to NVC.
At what point do you get the police certificate, when you have not gotten package 4 that contains letters to IG of police and the hospital. Please I need clarification. Thanks

Good afternoon,

It's no problem to answer your questions - we understand that the process can be very confusing and we try to help clarify things as best we can.

If NVC has approved the petition, package 4 make have been sent to the petitioner in the U.S. Contact your petitioner and see if they have received it. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good afternoon all,

Once again, questions relating to non-immigrant visas (including tourist and student visas) should not be posted to this forum. This forum is for immigrant visas. There are alternate forums available for non-immigrant visa questions. As such, questions related to non-immigrant visas posted on this forum will be removed.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by otunbanuel: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good day VO,

Thanks for the good job, we all appreciate you!.

I would like to ask if one can bring the X-ray CD medical to the Interview (CR1). Do I need to register for the courier service in order to retrieve my visa ? If yes,Could you help me with the link.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olumig(m): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dear VO,

I will like to enquire how to add my family to my profile in order to book an appointment for them since I still have a valid B1/B2 visa.

I will be the one sponsoring them, what are the steps to follow.

Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:29am On Aug 18, 2017
olumig:
Dear VO,

I will like to enquire how to add my family to my profile in order to book an appointment for them since I still have a valid B1/B2 visa.

I will be the one sponsoring them, what are the steps to follow.

Regards

Good morning,

This sounds like a non-immigrant visa question (B1/B2 is a tourist visa). As noted before, moving forward, NIV questions will be deleted from the forum. Please direct your question to the forum on non-immigrant visas.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2017
otunbanuel:
Good day VO,

Thanks for the good job, we all appreciate you!.

I would like to ask if one can bring the X-ray CD medical to the Interview (CR1). Do I need to register for the courier service in order to retrieve my visa ? If yes,Could you help me with the link.

Thanks

Good morning,

You should not need to bring copies of x-rays to the interview. The panel physicians who give exams for immigrant visa packages provide a standardized report with the necessary test results included.
For information on the courier service, please check http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp. This is the website for the GSS Document Collection center.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by otunbanuel: 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thanks for the quick response, I have been battling with the courier registration for weeks but it has been sorted now

One quick question please, i heard we cant come in with our phone,,How true is that?

God bless you real good

VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

You should not need to bring copies of x-rays to the interview. The panel physicians who give exams for immigrant visa packages provide a standardized report with the necessary test results included.
For information on the courier service, please check http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp. This is the website for the GSS Document Collection center.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olumig(m): 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

This sounds like a non-immigrant visa question (B1/B2 is a tourist visa). As noted before, moving forward, NIV questions will be deleted from the forum. Please direct your question to the forum on non-immigrant visas.

Regards,
VO
My apologies
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello otunbanuel -

This is true, you will not be permitted to bring a phone into the Consulate.

otunbanuel:
Thanks for the quick response, I have been battling with the courier registration for weeks but it has been sorted now

One quick question please, i heard we cant come in with our phone,,How true is that?

God bless you real good

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Worriedwife2017: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
Good day VO.
I have some questions that are bothering me. My mother is a US citizen & wants to file for me & my family under the F3 visa category. The questions are as follows :
1. Will her filing for me affect renewal of short visit visas? My husband is afraid that if she files for me it will be difficult for us to renew our present b1/b2 visas.
2. Will my husband not wanting to immigrate with me affect the F3 category she wants to file for me? He does not want to immigrate because of the position he's in presently & prefers to practice in Nigeria.
3. I know that it takes awhile for the visa to become available but will my son who is presently 11 years "age out" before he gets the visa or will his age be frozen?
Thank you for taking time out to help me put my mind at rest.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hello Worriedwife2017 -

I mostly do Non-Immigrant visa work, so I'll answer the first part of your question and leave the rest for VisaOfficer. The fact that you are the beneficiary of a F3 petition will be visible to VOs who are considering your application for a B1/B2 visa. That will be only 1 factor, however, among many that the VO will consider. If you have strong ties to Nigeria while you are waiting for your Immigrant Visa Petition to become current, you can qualify for a non-immigrant visa. If on the other hand, you quit your job and sell all your belongings and otherwise act as if you are cutting your ties with Nigeria, then we may feel that your ties are not strong enough. You will need to convince the VO that on any given vacation you are planning to take in the US, that you are planning to return to Nigeria afterward. I have issued many B1/B2 or F1 visas for people who have pending immigrant petitions. I have also refused some when I felt that the applicant was planning to immigrate on that trip.

Worriedwife2017:
Good day VO.
I have some questions that are bothering me. My mother is a US citizen & wants to file for me & my family under the F3 visa category. The questions are as follows :
1. Will her filing for me affect renewal of short visit visas? My husband is afraid that if she files for me it will be difficult for us to renew our present b1/b2 visas.
2. Will my husband not wanting to immigrate with me affect the F3 category she wants to file for me? He does not want to immigrate because of the position he's in presently & prefers to practice in Nigeria.
3. I know that it takes awhile for the visa to become available but will my son who is presently 11 years "age out" before he gets the visa or will his age be frozen?
Thank you for taking time out to help me put my mind at rest.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by farastrongman: 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
Good day VO,

I was recently issued my immigrant visa and about to leave for the U.S.

Kindly clarify, do I need to carry along with me any other document for the border post e.g Police report? Or I should just go with the package given to me with my intl passport.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.