Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323685 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by djfrancis: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2018
LagosNIV:
Hello carnal,

Your friend can travel to the U.S. as long as his visa does not expire before he reaches the port of entry. He will need to make an appointment for his father online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/.

Hi,

Is this group now for both IV and NIV cases?

I had my IV interview on the 8th of November and it was approved. Any idea when I'll get my passport back?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by innken: 8:09am On Nov 16, 2018
Please.the Facebook account I was using when I met my fiancee have been disabled for months now thereby loosing our chats from when we started but I still have chats from WhatsApp and my new Facebook account and also have chats with my fiancee's mum from WhatsApp. Will the loss of my Facebook account pose a serious risk since I don't have chats of how we statrted. Help please
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by All4Jesus: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
Good day. My case might not be an IV one but I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. I'm a single mother to a 12yr old. I've been solely raising her since she was 9months after her dad died. I was never married to her dad. We have travelled to about 7 countries together before on holidays. I have been to the US before and renewed my visa months ago then decided to apply for her to go experience white Christmas but she was denied the visa.
The interviewer clearly had issues with the address on her application being different from mine when I applied but my daughter also explained that we recently moved towns. And yes we did move cities as I got a transfer to the city where she's schooling which happens to be the city where I was raised. I have utility bills to back this. The interviewer also had issues with her birth certificate being later than her date of birth which I explained that the first was lost in transit and I have a court affidavit to back that up. I also have a court affidavit of a single parent notarised by the ministry of foreign affairs, which I have submitted to embassies in the past and been issued with a visa for her. I was not asked for this document in this case.
I am a banker who have worked for over 10 years with a very good salary and well travelled. Also well travelled with my daughter. Please what should I do to make my circumstances clearer as I am pained that my status as a single parent is the reason why my child could not get this visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello Davidkking,

Yes, you can get a student visa on a passport with less than 5 years' validity. You will need to renew your passport and visa before your studies are completed.

Davidkking:
Please is it possible to get an undergraduate 4years f1 visa stamped on a passport that is only valid for 3 years?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello Hushush,

Photocopies will be fine.

hushush:
Hello anyone that can help please, when you attended your immigration interview, did you go with the original or photocopy tax return of your financial sponsor?
My financial sponsor does not want to give me the original copy, he claims all i need is the photocopy

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello hushush,

You cannot use your own savings or money to supplement the AOS. The money must come from a U.S. citizen sponsor - if your husband has any other U.S. citizen relatives, he might wish to ask them if they are willing to serve as joint sponsors.

hushush:
Dear VO,
I am currently at the NVC stage with our 2children. However, my US citizen husband’s income is lower than the poverty guideline for a family of 4, i have a real estate in Nigeria and a savings accout in the US opened on previous visits.
Can i support our AOS with these assests? Is the real estate acceptable as “an asset i can turn to cash within a year”? Also is my US bank statement of account acceptable.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Vindari: 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
@lagosniv good day sir/ma'am

I'm curious about what the hold up at the Lagos Embassy is, for sending available interview slots to NVC for IR and CR visas

Some of us have been waiting for available interview dates since case complete of August 22, 24 and so on

Each time we call the NVC to verify if we have received interview dates, they tell us that they are waiting on Lagos Embassy to send them available slots

It is extremely difficult to be this far apart from our spouses especially during the holidays. Many of us are paying outrageous last minute ticket prices just to return to Nigeria to spend Christmas with our spouses. We were hopeful they would be interviewed by November or latest early December, in time to join us here in the States for Christmas

Please help us understand what is causing the delay, thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by BoStar: 5:12am On Nov 29, 2018
Pleasant day, everyone.

Please, just want to ask about the online submission of documents to NVC. I understand that one has to bring original and copies of all civil documents to the interview.

My question is, having submitted scanned copies of the AOS and Tax documents online, do I have to come to the interview with originally signed copies of these docs, by my sponsos, to the interview?

Thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tqoservices: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2018
Dear @Lagosniv

on my return from the U.S in October, i got an email that my visa was no longer valid and would required to come back for an interview.

Kindly advise how to know if/how long i have been banned for as the visa was REVOKED.

Do i need an immigration consultant to interprete the letter i was given?

I just need a number or email address i can contact to know my status.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by opomulero(m): 10:53am On Dec 07, 2018
Good Morning,
Dear @Lagosniv,

Please how or where can i verify if a visa is still valid or revoked.

the visa has been used once and it will expire in march 2019

So that i will know if to buy ticket for december vacation or not?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bigbodoski: 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
Dear VO
Thank you for creating this thread pls i need your experience here i married a us citizen and i just paid my CR1 visa fee now i'm lost i don't know what step to take anymore pls can you help at this regard?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by obeke(m): 5:38am On Dec 18, 2018
LagosNIV:
Hello hushush,

You cannot use your own savings or money to supplement the AOS. The money must come from a U.S. citizen sponsor - if your husband has any other U.S. citizen relatives, he might wish to ask them if they are willing to serve as joint sponsors.

What of the use of form I-864A, where AOS sponsor is the intending immigrant?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Vindari: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hello @lagosniv can certified divorce decree be accepted for IR1/CR1 immigrant interview in place of the Divorce certificate? The divorce decree is from Texas
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adexkool: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hello @LagosIV, i am a naturalized american citizen filing a K1 visa petition for my fiance so that he can come over to the US for us to marry and start our lives together.

My concerns are as follows, he has been visiting the USA with B1/B2 visa (because he got the visa before we met), he has however been disclosing in his subsequent visa renewals as knowing me as his girlfriend in the US. We now have a baby together as i got pregnant on one of visits last year. we have now decided for him to move over finally to the USA.

Although, he visited me in the US 4 months ago during the birth of our child and has since returned to Nigeria,his B1/B2 visa is still valid. While filling the i-129f, item 37 asks if my beneficiary has ever been to the US and my answer is yes, then it says if my beneficiary is currently in the US, i should complete items no. 38a to 38h, does it mean since he's not in the US, I should ignore this part of the form?

Also, i read on another thread (visajourney) and a youtube video by an immigration attorney that said that the US embassy in Nigeria doesn't accept an affidavit of support from a co-sponsor since i stopped work after i had our child 4 months ago and will like my father to support me by providing affidavit of support for me to file for him.

These are my concerns, thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by officerlarry: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hello Vo, You are doing a great job on this platform. God bless you. I am waiting for my interview date with my family hopefully by January. My wife is applying on Eb3 visa ( being a Registered Nurse)attaching me and my two daughters but I recently got a scholarship to do masters in UK by September. By Gods grace we are looking into entering the US by April and from where I intend to leave to UK after getting the green card which I learnt may be ready after 2-3months after entry. I intend to be entering the USA after every four months till I finish my one year masters.
My Questions:
1. Do I need to apply for a reentry permit before leaving the Us
2. Will that not affect my green card status.
Thank you once again as I await a response from you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jesuisroya: 12:38am On Jan 02, 2019
Hello @LagosIV,
Good day everyone in the group.
I wish you all a happy New Year.
My question is: I wish to travel to the US on holidays wiht my family: my husband and 2 kids.
My husband has a bout 1Million naira in his account while I have about 3 million.
We both work, though I earn more. i work in a well known establishment while my husband works for a small time business and earns like 100K per month.
Will it be ok for us to start the visa application process?
Thanks for your kind advice.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akas123: 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
Please I want information,My brother in law in Florida wishes to send invitation for my husband,me and our two kids,I want to know which procedure he needs to pass through over there and what will be required of us here to be issued the visa , thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aduku1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2019
I applied for a student visa from Nigeria on the 28th of November 2018 and
the interview was successful as i was approved pending verification of my
bank statement from my bank. After few hours i was later refused with my
passport returned back to me with two additional document
Because i was certain i had not done anything wrong and to ascertain the reason for my refusal I scheduled for another appointment which i attended on the 2nd of January, 2018.

I was told at the interview that i was banned for life for submitting a fake bank Statement and that my mother(Sponsor) banks were contacted
Please I never submitted a fake bank statement as that which i submitted was that of my mother who have verifiable funds in her account to cater for my studies. The bank statements are genuine.

My mum worked for the Ministry of foreign affairs in Nigeria and was posted to Nigeria Embassy in Romania before retiring and most of the funds in her account presently are from are allowances and salary.

Because of this my mum had to go to her bank to confirm and inquiry about the issue, But to her surprise the banks told her clearly that they were never contacted and was also given a reference letter and another bank statement showing that she genuinely owns the bank account and the bank statement I submitted were genuine.

Please i sincerely want to inquiry if my file be re-opened and looked into. Because the current ban of life will really diminish my reputation as a person and also my profession as a legal practitioner. At present i am really depressed because i am sure i never submitted a fake bank statement

I am ready to show all evidences to back up my claim at least even if i dont get the visa, i really want my name to be cleared because i am sure an error must have occurred somehow.

Please and Please look into this. I also have evidence giving to me by my bank to back my claim

Please i also intend to send all my documents and evidences backing up my claim to your office and i pray i get a positive response from you.

Thanks as i await you kind and swift response.

Regards,
Aduku Oshoma Ayo. Esq
Application no: AA008FOBTY & AA0081WDW4
Passport
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by boladan(f): 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hello VO, what are the chances that a child of 1 year accompanying her grandma who is a permanent resident would be given a visa? The child's mother will be going for a course during that period and the father is presently in Canada?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mycutiepie(f): 8:02am On Jan 14, 2019
This is to inform everyone that the US embassies are closed due to US Government shutdown. Therefore, no VO can answer your questions. I felt a concern for everyone after reading your posts and wanted to keep you in the loop so you can explore other options if you need immediate attention.

All the best.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by scott509: 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hello House

It's the second time I'm doing Dropbox for visa renewal but this time I have been subjected for 221G interview. My previous visa has not expired and it wasn't revoked or cancelled ,please can I still use the visa to travel and come back to do the interview later because the dates I can see is from June 24.Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by carnal: 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2019
@lagosNIV and other gurus in the house, please my brother applied with dropbox a family of 3 children, now passport has been returned with follow up interview scheduled but he has an official engagement on same date,the engagement (training) came up after interview was scheduled
can the wife and children alone go for the interview?if yes, will that means he will automatically lose this date since he doesnt want to cancel for everyone and rebook again?, will you advise he pay for new MRV later or what is the best way to go ahead please?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pipz(m): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
My mum was denied a visa last year as we were not ready to invite her then and I’d not yet been approved of my GC. My cousin invited her and the consulate denied her stating “why isn’t your son inviting you” as my cousin had filled on the DS 160 that she had a son in the US. Fast forward to late last year, we decided it’s time we invite her as we now have a baby. People advised us my wife be the one to invite her since I’m yet to be approved GC, so we decided to start processing another appointment for her but could only secure a March 2019 date for appointment. Alas, I was granted a GC without being asked any question at the interview, coming from a K1 candidate. My question now is should I go back and edit and resubmit the DS 160 so to indicate I’m the one inviting her or just leave it to be my wife inviting. Thanks and I wish everyone a blissful 2019
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
pls does medical examination for immigrant visa consist hiv test, hepatitis and drug test
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Parkerlli: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

If you are married to a U.S. citizen, your spouse may file an immigrant visa petition for you. Depending on the length of time of your marriage, your spouse may file for you as a CR1 spouse (married less than 2 years) or an IR1 spouse (married more than 2 years). More information on filing an immigrant visa petition can be found on uscis.gov.

Regards,
VO
What is the odd of get cr1 visa or ir1

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.