Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (322958 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Xhorey: 3:55pm On May 24, 2018
Good day V O.A job well done to you.My question goes thus.I was filed for under the f3 category by my mum.My priority date is Jan 10 2010.From all i have read online the average wait time for my category is 10 years.We are now in d middle of the 8th year & d recent visa bulletin for my category is Sept 2006.Pls Sir/Ma is there any possibility that my case may become current before 2020? Thanx in anticipation for your swift reply.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Rol3nd: 4:48pm On May 27, 2018
Good day Vo & good members in the house.

Its been 6 months today that application was submitted to uscis for K-1 spouse petition but no mail or response yet, Does it usually take longer than that or is there anything has to be done by our lawyer?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by obamax: 1:38pm On May 29, 2018
Dear VO,

Great Job!

I and my family (wife and kid) were given B1/B2 Visa back in 2016 and during the visa interview, we stated that the purpose of the visit was for Leisure but along the line, I could not join them due to a project at the office. While in the US, my wife started bleeding in the hotel and was rushed to the hospital and was supported with Medicaid, we decided she should have our baby in the US since this is the 3rd one she is losing. We got a hospital, paid the remaining bills, fast forward today, 2018, applied for a visa dropbox (myself and family) but was given a 211G to schedule an interview

Please your advice will help us a great deal. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Jasiro: 11:45pm On May 29, 2018
Please my people, when will Nigeria be eligible to participate in the American lottery again? Please beloved, I need an urgent reply. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by peptual(f): 4:42pm On May 31, 2018
Gud evening to all visa officer in the house..
I will like to know how soon can one reapply for a visa after been denied, wen trying to book appointment only date for regular shows.... Previously refuse refer u to dropbox...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
hi ma'am. my sister inlay went to schedule an appointment fro herself and the kids for immigrant visa, created and account and was required to pay 477,000 naira for herself and her 4 kids, is this amount just to get a date, i d like to know what its for, is it for the petition or for the forms to be made available to them? thanks for your response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by d7thcaller: 6:07am On Jun 27, 2018
Dear VO,

Please I will like to know how long it takes for Residency Permit Card (Green Card) to be issued upon arrival to the US as a legal immigrant.
Awaiting your kind response.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Gracydee(f): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2018
Dear VO,

Many thanks for your effort on this thread.

Kindly advise on the issue below;

My younger brother's fiancee just got her immigrant visa approved ( The process we learnt they have her parents have been on for almost 14years now).However, they have been planning to get married at the end of this year before but now there is a sort of confusion. They just had their introduction and was planning wedding for december (before the visa was granted).

Now, with the Visa, the girl has to travel by November and we are not sure if the advisable thing is the have the wedding before she travels in November or postpone the wedding till after 6 months after which she would have been on US soil for the 6 months required for her to get her green card and gotten her green card.

Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by benjaminiyke(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
LagosNIV:

I am assuming this is an F1 immigrant visa (unmarried adult child of a U.S. citizen); yes you will need to bring along a copy of your NPC birth certificate or equivalent document or attestation from a government authority.

You will also need to have your passport to in-process.
what is the minimum academic requirements for immigration visa of unmarried son or daughter
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aragbs4real: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2018
Hello VO, Thank you for you time here, may God bless you for your time and responses. Pls in my own case my biological dad got a green card in USA through USA citizen spouse of recent. And when her USA citizen spouse was filing for his green card I was added as a derivative child above 21 in the application. He now has green card and might be a citizen in few years time. My question is 1. Do I automatically qualify for an immigrant visa, Since i av been added as a derivative in his application or will i need a separate form of petition again? 2. If yes can he "my biological father" or his citizen spouse file a petition on my behalf. 3. If filed, How long will it take to get the immigrant visa. Thanks you sir, anticipating for your response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 6:57am On Jul 12, 2018
LagosNIV:
Good morning everyone, VisaOfficer has departed Nigeria but it is clear that there are still many questions so I will make an effort to continue answering your questions!

I am a U.S. Foreign Service Officer working at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria. Like all of the VOs in Lagos, I handle both Non-Immigrant (NIV) and Immigrant Visa (IV) interviews. The purpose of this thread is to provide a forum for your questions about immigrant visas. My colleagues and I will make every effort to answer all questions within two business days.

Please note that we cannot answer questions about specific cases, except as based on the information provided here in this discussion thread. Any responses in this forum are not to be taken as legally binding, as they will be based only on what you tell us in your questions, not on the information in any actual case. While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

We may not be able to respond to every post in this thread, and we will not answer abusive posts. Also, please don't send me private messages -- I don't even read them. If you need personal attention, please send an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov.

There is a separate thread for Non-Immigrant Visa Questions, also handled by U.S. Foreign Service Officers serving in Nigeria, at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . Please use this thread right here solely for questions about Immigrant Visas and Diversity Visas.

Regards,
LagosNIV
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 2:30am On Jul 13, 2018
Hi visa officer.
I need your help with my situation please. My husband came for interview on 3rd of may 2017 in which he was told that he will be on administrative processing for 60 days after the 60 days was over he sent an email to request update but to our utmost surprise the response was shocking
Below wad the response we received then

Thank you for your inquiry.

You were notified during your IV interview in 2014 and again in your 2017 IV interview that you were ineligible for an immigrant visa based on you having materially misrepresented yourself. You properly applied for a waiver through USCIS and in 2015, were notified that your waiver was denied. As such, you remain ineligible for an immigrant visa and your file will be destroyed and no longer remain at our post.

Afterwards i keep seeing that the status is being updated everytime as refused, so last month he submitted a new waiver to clear off the ineligibility and sent email to lagosiv letting them know that he has started waiver on his case, but got a reply that the case is no longet at the post that enquiry should be forwarded to USCIS. I called USCIS today they dont have no information about the case, i called NVC too they told me the case was not return to them either and the last update on the ceac is today july 12th. So i am confused on what to do. Please have pity on me and put me through please. We really want to know what happened to the case after the interview.
Sorry for my long post.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jenyjay: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
Dear AbujaNIV, LagosNIV,

I have a very long standing issue with my application. I applied for a US visa(filled the DS160) for myself and my Son in March after we were denied in November last year.
When i tried to schedule an appointment, i couldn't as my profile was showing "Schedule follow-up appointment".I already attended the interview for which this "follow-up appointment" in November.Please note that for the follow-up appointment we used my wife's profile to schedule this appointment.

My application has been stuck since then as i can't move forward.I have sent several mails to "ustraveldocs" to no avail.They keep requesting for my 221g letter. I have sent the last 221g as was requested and my passport data page on all occasions.
I tried to create a new profile to ee if i can schedule an appointment,but since my profile details matched the already existing profile,i could not progress.

Kindly assist me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by clemclem(m): 6:14am On Jul 18, 2018
Good morning,
Please can I still use my visa with one month validity to travel to US for two weeks holiday ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by anuek4real: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Hello VO,
Pls my fiance and I just had a baby, 4 months old, and we filed for a crba for her since her father is a usa citizen at the us consulate in Lagos in march. We have provided all docs and just got back the DNA test results which was requested for us to do but its over 4wks now and we are yet to be contacted by us consulate regarding d collection of her passport....pls can u kindly advise on this . Many tanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Oladipupo24: 10:58pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello vo,
On my i130 application i mistakingly fill court marriage meanwhele it is traditional marriage and my interview is a week ahead hope that will not affect. Vo decision
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by xxseekerxx: 4:55am On Jul 24, 2018
Dear VO.

It is less than 3 weeks to my interview and I will be relocating from my present home address in couple of days, what do I do about change of address?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by psalmmy: 12:54am On Jul 25, 2018
Hello VO,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by IYIMAN: 5:19am On Aug 01, 2018
LagosNIV, AbujaNIV, what is the implication of canceling/rescheduling an immigrant visa appointment
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PhDAdmission19: 1:11am On Aug 09, 2018
@LagosNIV @AbujaNIV; I am on F-1 visa and my wife is on F-2 visa. She's currently pregnant and this is our first child. I want to apply for her mother to stay with her so that I can concentrate on my studies. What kind of visa should we apply for her? Looking forward to seeing a response from you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.