Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers (34801 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers / 6 Reasons God Wants You To Prosper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

2 Peter 2 "For God did not spare the angels having sinned, but having cast them down to Tartarus, in chains of gloomy darkness, delivered them, being kept for judgment; and He did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, one of eight, having brought the flood upon the world of the ungodly; and He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, having reduced them to ashes, having set an example of what is coming on the ungodly;"

2 Peter 2 just describes a psycho. If you can't see it then u are sick.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by prof2015(m): 10:38am On Oct 18, 2015
Yes a starving child in Somalia doesn't get his prayer for food because it's not the appointed time because the appointed time is when he dies of hunger. Help me clap for your god

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 18, 2015
hmmmm....hope not met makes d heart weary..very devastating wen after praying with fasting n believing in faith no answers.dats wat am going through right now..but tru d good n d bad,even wen it makes no sense I'll keep praising u Lord

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 10:41am On Oct 18, 2015
cold:

I'm pretty sure if i put some verses to you,i would get responses like 'the bible shouldn't be taken literally' 'you need the holy spirit to understand that verse' 'a carnal mind can never understand matters of the spirit'..bla..bla..bla. I understand the workings of a Christian mind bro.

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

Lol! Isn't it amazing the bible itself has replies for your silly misconstrued thoughts.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 10:44am On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:

As usual people who misunderstand the bible, try to use their misunderstanding against the bible.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Richirich713: 10:45am On Oct 18, 2015
Why are atheists so desperate and obsessed with christians?

Why are they desperate to get christians to not believe in God?

Maybe it cuz they ain't sure if there's no God, so the next best thing is to get as many people to join them in hell, just in case, since they know they got everything to lose while christians got nothing to lose.

That's what I been noticing on this forum, as soon as a Christian makes a thread, atheists run in.

If they believe there no God, why even bother to debate people who do.

Atheists sure seem very worried there is a God and very worried there is a hell.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 10:47am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

2 Peter 2 just describes a psycho. If you can't see it then u are sick.

Jude 1:15 "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Richirich713: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2015
@cold

Ur interpretation was shown to be wrong.

U were corrected by these christians.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMH.

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMHSince they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their ... And just as they didnot like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind. Rom 1 ;21. PLS KINDLY IGNORE THE COMENTS OF THESE SETS OF ATHIEST WHO HAVE INFESTED THIS THREAD

This thread is on this site and this site is meant for all. Religion is like Ebola or HIV .There is a reason why government has power to quarantine people. There was a time Christians ruled countries and burned "witches" and sanctioned the trade in African slaves.So those who do not believe have a right ,nay a duty to fight this indoctrination which is so destructive to our society.

It causes laziness and indolence because people are waiting for a "breakthrough or miracle" instead of going to work They end up having children who become kidnappers and armed robbers.
These ideas are not harmless ,they are a threat to our national security. God does not answer prayers. Human beings are not that important .In fact they are inconsequential in the general scheme of the universe that we know about and there is plenty we don't know about Does God answer the prayer of turkeys or chickens? So what is so important about humans?
The only "prayer" we need is to improve the quality of our thinking and to be less superstitious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:
@cold

It's no surprise. Even tho they see the truth and can't deny it's there, they just choose to delude themselves as if that will change whether God exists or not.

Even Jesus performed miracles in front of many but they still chose to go the other way.

It's called the evil heart of unbelief. Hard Heartedness. The passion and willingness to continue in their sinful deluded ways.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by drehdinho(m): 10:55am On Oct 18, 2015
My people in the Lord. Where can I get free online downloads of gospel sermons and songs. Especially Baba Adeboye and Benson Idahosa and Joseph Ayo Babalola. Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

Lol! Isn't it amazing the bible itself has replies for your silly misconstrued thoughts.
Sigh..I see you've elevated the art of cherrypicking to perfection. Did your bible also tell you that your god created evil? So why are we dissipating our time supplicating to a god that brought the evil upon us in the first place? I'm sure as an artful dodger,you already have a ready made response to this.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 10:56am On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:
Why are atheists so desperate and obsessed with christians?

Why are they desperate to get christians to not believe in God?

Maybe it cuz they ain't sure if there's no God, so the next best thing is to get as many people to join them in hell, just in case, since they know they got everything to lose while christians got nothing to lose.

That's what I been noticing on this forum, as soon as a Christian makes a thread, atheists run in.

If they believe there no God, why even bother to debate people who do.

Atheists sure seem very worried there is a God and very worried there is a hell.

For the first time in this forum you got something right. Now go and eat your food, you have finally grown some brains.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2015
drehdinho:
My people in the Lord. Where can I get free online downloads of gospel sermons and songs. Especially Baba Adeboye and Benson Idahosa and Joseph Ayo Babalola. Thanks

Broda check YouTube.

I get my sermons (including Idahosa) and music from there.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 10:56am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

2 Peter 1:20 "But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation..,"
A very simple question sir,Who is the author of the 2nd book of Peter

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 11:00am On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:
@cold

Which correction? You only stated your own twisted and warped logic. Which only butressed what i have been saying all along.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:00am On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

A very simple question sir,Who is the author of the 2nd book of Peter

The Holy Spirit.

The answer is even written in the book you mentioned.

2 Tim 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

2 Peter 1:20 "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by unphilaz(m): 11:04am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?
this is what ministry of death written on stone based christianity has caused people like frank to see instead of ministry of the Spirit which is more glorious. For me, resting in His gift of righteousnes has already qualified me for greater glory.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Chubhie: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2015
More reasons your prayers are not being answered.

A witch in your villa may have been given exclusive right to toy with your destiny.

You are not a fasting machine.

Our conception of God seems wrong on so many levels.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:07am On Oct 18, 2015
cold:

Sigh..I see you've elevated the art of cherrypicking to perfection. Did your bible also tell you that your god created evil? So why are we dissipating our time supplicating to a god that brought the evil upon us in the first place? I'm sure as an artful dodger,you already have a ready made response to this.

Hmm, The Artful Dodger. Those are my lines. smiley

Anyways,

Deut 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live"

So you chose evil and now you are blaming God.

Proverbs 19:3 "People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the LORD."
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2015
The Muslims claim that the Quran was dictated to Mohammed by an Angel of God and he reproduced it verbatim. That is quite simple to understand and debunk but at least the Muslims KNOW where their Quran"Came from". We have dates etc. Of course reading the Quran makes it clear that Mohammed plagiarized the bible and Torah extensively but that is another matter.Where there are discrepancies he simply asserts that his own version is right and those books have been corrupted.

With Christians it is not so clear so I will use this opportunity to ask Christians. Kindly tell us the source of the Bible e.g we know from the New Testament Gospels that Jesus went into the temple and read the scriptures.So at that time there was no "New Testament"

When did the New Testament come into being and who was it that decreed the New Testament to be SCRIPTURE

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by unphilaz(m): 11:10am On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
The simple answer is because god doesn't exist. Can any one show me a photograph of god?
can the objects created within the world of virtualization in computer understand their creator? Can the know the creator of their creator? When the computer ends, the objects in the world of computer ends but the creator lives on. And becos they cannot understand beyond the realm of virtualization in computer, the objects claim they dont have a creator but they just happen to exist in this virtual world of computer.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 11:12am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The Holy Spirit.

The answer is even written in the book you mentioned.

2 Tim 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

2 Peter 1:20 "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

Who is the author of Timothy and did he or she declare that their work was scripture.

Why don't we take the letters of Adeboye or Oritsejafor as "SCRIPTURE"

Who is it that said Timothy is now scripture .
When did this declaration happen
Where did it happen

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by tuk2ato(m): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2015
Regardless of one's faith, God blesses whoever he wants to bless. The most prosperous and peaceful countries on earth have a large atheist populations. Countries like Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, these countries have very low crime rates and a substantial atheist population, so can we say God hasnt blessed them?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:
The Muslims claim that the Quran was dictated to Mohammed by an Angel of God and he reproduced it verbatim. That is quite simple to understand and debunk but at least the Muslims KNOW where their Quran"Came from". We have dates etc. Of course reading the Quran makes it clear that Mohammed plagiarized the bible and Torah extensively but that is another matter.Where there are discrepancies he simply asserts that his own version is right and those books have been corrupted.

With Christians it is not so clear so I will use this opportunity to ask Christians. Kindly tell us the source of the Bible e.g we know from the New Testament Gospels that Jesus went into the temple and read the scriptures.So at that time there was no "New Testament"

When did the New Testament come into being and who was it that decreed the New Testament to be SCRIPTURE

Verily, verily I say unto you, you need enlightment.

Jesus is the New Testament. The new testament is the fulfilment of the old testament.

The old testament which Jesus and the Jews read was the guiding pathway to the new.

The new testament came into being with the disciples of Jesus.

John 16…12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:17am On Oct 18, 2015
unphilaz:
can the objects created within the world of virtualization in computer understand their creator? Can the know the creator of their creator? When the computer ends, the objects in the world of computer ends but the creator lives on. And becos they cannot understand beyond the realm of virtualization in computer, the objects claim they dont have a creator but they just happen to exist in this virtual world of computer.

Epic!
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by thundafire: 11:17am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?

finally anatheist have bin found did u ask ursef hw u wer formed in dy womb or dy breath u re enjoying i do pity u cs God is a merciful one but dnt let Him unleash HIS anger on u oooo nobody will help u,incase u dnt kne he doesn't force u 2 worship HIM cs wen dat tym comes u will ''AT THE MENTION OF JESUS ALL KNEES MUST BOW AND PROCLAIM JESUS IS LORD''

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 11:20am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Verily, verily I say unto you, you need enlightment.

Jesus is the New Testament. The new testament is the fulfilment of the old testament.

The old testament which Jesus and the Jews read was the guiding pathway to the new.

The new testament came into being with the disciples of Jesus.

John 16…12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…
I asked a simple question when and where was the decision to make the new testament "scripture" . Do you know?
If you do tell us and if you do not say so.Stop the waffle and verbigeration
You quote John but my question is .Who sanctioned that book as "SCRIPTURE"
NAME
DATE
PLACE
once again

Name,date place. Date does not have to be specific. A 10-20 year period will do

There are so many things Adeboye or Oyakhilome says but they are not "scripture" WHY?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by unphilaz(m): 11:22am On Oct 18, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Some religious men be it christains, muslims etc. Are intelligent, educated and well mannared while some are unintelligent and childish but in the end all are fools!!!
see reason how christianity has been grouped as fools since we have believed and accepted that the gifts of the Spirit ended wit the last apostles. Hence we are seen like mere men not otherworldling
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by fejikudz(m): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

I don't blame you.. i blame seun for allowing unbelievers,muslims and atheist spew trash on Christianity topics
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by histemple: 11:25am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers

1. It could be you’re not a child of God.

This may sound obvious or even cruel, but God has no obligation to answer the prayers of unbelievers (Psalm 34:15, 17; Proverbs 15:8, 29; John 9:31; 1 Peter 3:12). He may answer, but He has not obligated Himself to do so.

The only prayer an unbeliever may be assured God will answer—and answer immediately—is a prayer of faith and acceptance of His Son, who died on the cross and rose again, as the basis for the forgiveness of your sins.

2. It could be your motives or actions.

As Christians, there are a couple of reasons God may choose to delay or deny answering our prayers. In these cases, He is waiting on us.

Your motives in prayer. It may seem simplistic, but if we don’t ask, God won’t answer. And when we do pray, our reasons for asking must not be selfish (James 4:2-3).
Your actions in life toward others. Our actions also can hinder God’s answer. If you are flagrantly disobedient to God, you may expect your prayers to be hindered (Psalm 66:18; Micah 3:4; 1 Peter 3:7; 1 John 3:21). This is by design—so that you may return to the Lord wholeheartedly.
3. It could be your misunderstanding of God’s priorities.

Some of the problems we have with prayer arise out of a wrong understanding of God. The better we know about God in the Scriptures, the better we will understand how to pray—and why God responds to prayer as He does.

God answers prayer according to His will (1 John 5:14-14). But just like us, the desires are not all equal. My desire to remain faithful to my wife until I die is not on the same level of my desire to take a nap on Sunday. It’s a matter of priorities.

God has a will too, but not all aspects of His will are of equal priority. For example:

God desires, first and foremost that He receives glory.
God desires all people have a choice about the decisions they make.
He also desires people to live a reasonably happy life while here on earth.
All are His will, but this final priority comes after the first two. Our problems with prayer often come when we think the first thing on God’s mind is our happiness and not His glory.

4. It could be that it’s just not time yet.

So let’s say we are living for Christ in our attitude and actions and praying according to His will. What do we do when all systems are go, but the answer still hasn’t come?

You keep praying.

He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart. —Luke 18:1
You don’t lose heart. Here’s why:

It may be that circumstances require changing before you can accept the answer.
It may be that the answer depends on someone else responding to God too (remember God’s order of priorities).
It may be that the delay is to see how seriously you are willing to pray.
God may delay answering your prayers in order to give you far more than you’re asking for. 
5. It could be God wants to give you more than you’re asking for.

If God is able to answer (and He is), and if He has promised to answer the prayers of His children (and He has), then the delay in the answer—we must know—is not that God is apathetic or absent.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think . . . to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. —Ephesians 3:20–21
In the final analysis, it may be that God desires to give you more than the simple answer to your prayer, making the answer—once it is received—all the more sweet.

Please add other reason, you feel are causes of hindrance or delay to prayers.

Op, you need to fully understand how God operate with the different set of people that exist before you can address this topic exhaustively and factual.

The different kinds of people are;
1. God's children who were not Christians.
2 . Christians who don't work with God.
3. Righteous people who are not Christians.

This is because the generation before Jesus Christ were not Christians and the way God operated with them was different. Remember that Jesus himself was not a Christian. The term christian means "Christ-like or "followers of Christ"

More so, Jesus came with the mission to reconcile man to God. So, he modified so many doctrines and laws and God’s modus operandi changed.

This is why the bible is full of perceived contradictions. The same God who said he loves peace can be seen as also a God of Wrath.

So, any true student of the bible can't make factual generalization about God's operations except assumptions.

It is the same God who said "ask and you will receive" also said "He knows your needs even before you ask. And that His thoughts for us is of GOOD only, to give us our expected end.

So, you see that it's misleading to assume that you know for sure, how he operates?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by unphilaz(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Some religious men be it christains, muslims etc. Are intelligent, educated and well mannared while some are unintelligent and childish but in the end all are fools!!!
see how the world sees and grouped christianity becos we have believed that the manifestations of the Spirit is extinct like the dragons, after the last apostles died out. #thegodkind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastors Asking All Virgins To Step Out. Is It Right? / We Are Yet To Trace Biodun Fatoyinbo’s Record – UNILORIN / Dele Momodu Writes T.B Joshua An Open Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.