Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers (34806 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers / 6 Reasons God Wants You To Prosper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:29am On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

I asked a simple question when and where was the decision to make the new testament "scripture" . Do you know?
If you do tell us and if you do not say so.Stop the waffle and verbigeration
You quote John but my question is .Who sanctioned that book as "SCRIPTURE"
NAME
DATE
PLACE
once again

Name,date place. Date does not have to be specific. A 10-20 year period will do

On the foundation of the first apostles.

Jesus said to Peter who was their leader "On this rock I would build my church"

So the apostles after gaining their revelations from the Lord and penning it down would say

"When this letter has been read among you, have it read also in the church of the Laodiceans, and be sure to read the one from Laodicea."

They would also say "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!"

For your other info, google canonisation of scripture.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by menxer: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2015
Why are we fighting for God, did he tell us to?

If you noticed, the more primitive the human mind is, the more obsessed it is with the rudiments of religion and religious worship.

Listen to this:
[NLT] John 4:21
Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem.

In modern context, replace mountain/Jerusalem with church and the message boggles the mind.

One doesn't need be an atheist to reason this way.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 11:32am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Hmm, The Artful Dodger. Those are my lines. smiley

Anyways,

Deut 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live"

So you chose evil and now you are blaming God.

Proverbs 19:3 "People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the LORD."
Ahh i see. The illusion of freewill that has been debunked several times over. Here's an analogy for you to ponder on.
You work for someone as a servant/slave. He calls you one day and tells you 'Jeromejnr you have two options. You're free to leave. But if you leave i'll ensure you die a slow and painful death. Or you can continue working for me for the rest of your life. The choice is yours'. Here in you've been given two choices without actually having to choices. How is this any different with your god surreptitiously offering us the choice to worship him or forever burn in hell. A classic case of damned if you do,damned if you don't.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by histemple: 11:32am On Oct 18, 2015
fejikudz:
I don't blame you.. i blame seun for allowing unbelievers,muslims and atheist spew trash on Christianity topics

Please note that not all believers are Christians. Jesus was a Hindus and he was a believer. Muslims, Traditionalists, Hindus, etc are believers too.

There are religious groups everywhere who are not Christians but are believers. Anyone who doesn't follow the teachings of Jesus Christ is not a Christian but might be a Believer.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2015
thundafire:

finally anatheist have bin found did u ask ursef hw u wer formed in dy womb or dy breath u re enjoying i do pity u cs God is a merciful one but dnt let Him unleash HIS anger on u oooo nobody will help u,incase u dnt kne he doesn't force u 2 worship HIM cs wen dat tym comes u will ''AT THE MENTION OF JESUS ALL KNEES MUST BOW AND PROCLAIM JESUS IS LORD''

Lol... OK now I get ur joke.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2015
unphilaz:
see how the world sees and grouped christianity becos we have believed that the manifestations of the Spirit is extinct like the dragons, after the last apostles died out. #thegodkind

Because of so much unbelief, worldliness which brought about powerlessness in the church. People just nowadays feel free to blaspheme God.

Its a shame.

Romams 2:22 "No wonder the Scriptures say, "The Gentiles blaspheme the name of God because of you."
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:39am On Oct 18, 2015
cold:

Ahh i see. The illusion of freewill that has been debunked several times over. Here's an analogy for you to ponder on.
You work for someone as a servant/slave. He calls you one day and tells you 'Jeromejnr you have two options. You're free to leave. But if you leave i'll ensure you die a slow and painful death. Or you can continue working for me for the rest of your life. The choice is yours'. Here in you've been given two choices without actually having to choices. How is this any different with your god surreptitiously offering us the choice to worship him or forever burn in hell. A classic case of damned if you do,damned if you don't.

Debunked by who?

Lol!

You are creating your own assumptions and also debunking it. cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 11:41am On Oct 18, 2015
Any intelligent person who will be quoting a religious book has a duty to ask where it comes from,who wrote it,when,why ,context etc. before accepting it as true.
Let me put the bible in context.
Our fathers in Africa were here worshipping their own Gods and minding their business when some white men came and said your gods are false gods. My GOD is a CAPITAL GOD he is the real God see it is written here in this book from MY GOD the TRUE GOD.
And here we are today. We hear stories of Adam and fruits,Noah and Ark,Moses and Rod ,Jonah and fish etc at the same time they photoshopped all our stories away and forced us to speak their language and we are now the greatest champions of their GOD. Well I am sorry but the bible is not from God or certainly not from any God that has anything to do with Africans.Read it from start to end. It is a Jewish story book.The Europeans read it and decided they needed to adapt it to meet their needs(They like pork and dislike polygamy and did not wish to face Jerusalem when they prayed(Very clever if you ask me). So they formed Christianity which was essentially a tool of government. About 300 years after Jesus died they had a Canon Meeting where they decided which letters /epistles they would now call THE NEW TESTAMENT they then decide those which they would exclude and at the top of that was the Pope. All Governments knew the score but it was useful and they played along under PAPAL authority until the Pope got too big for his boots and did not allow the King of England to remarry.
Any person who wants to be a "Christian" is free to do so but should research very well what they are following.

God did not inspire anyone with anything .They are all men with agendas

With the Quran it is very simply a matter of do I believe God sent an angel to reveal a book to one man in Arabia containing guidance for all humanity? I do not.

Do I believe that a political council of "Canon" was ordained by God to edit the writings of some men who were presumably followers of another man Jesus and push these writings are the word of God? I do not.
It is noteworthy than none of this stuff was presented to Black Africans,Chinese,Japanese Koreans,Native Americans etc until about 200 years ago .So we are to believe this God had no interest or agenda for Black people until 200 years ago Really?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 11:43am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

On the foundation of the first apostles.

Jesus said to Peter who was their leader "On this rock I would build my church"

So the apostles after gaining their revelations from the Lord and penning it down would say

"When this letter has been read among you, have it read also in the church of the Laodiceans, and be sure to read the one from Laodicea."

They would also say "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!"

For your other info, google canonisation of scripture.

None of those apostles advocated that their "works" should be used as scripture please feel free to contradict with EVIDENCE

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 11:46am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Debunked by who?

Lol!

You are creating your own assumptions and also debunking it. cool
Why don't you tell me the difference between my analogy and the illusion of freewill you hold on to so dearly.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 11:56am On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

None of those apostles advocated that their "works" should be used as scripture please feel free to contradict with EVIDENCE

I have already contradicted with evidence. The quotes I gave you above are scriptures.

But some more examples from the Apostles to the churches:

1 Tim "Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage..."

To show the Lord gave them commands on what to write to the churches:

1 Cor 7 "Now concerning the matters about which you wrote...... concerning the betrothed, I have no command from the Lord, but I give my judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy."

Also:

"1The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it.."

"11which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
what u believe in works for u...dats just d summary of everything.i believe in God therefore he cant just help but to answer my heart felt prayers...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I have already contradicted with evidence. The quotes I gave you above are scriptures.

But some more examples from the Apostles to the churches:

1 Tim "Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage..."

To show the Lord gave them commands on what to write to the churches:

1 Cor 7 "Now concerning the matters about which you wrote...... concerning the betrothed, I have no command from the Lord, but I give my judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy."

Also:

"1The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it.."

"11which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

You cannot cite what is being questioned as "evidence"
The fact remains that you have not answered my question.What you have quoted from(WHEN DID THEY START TO BE USED AS SCRIPTURE) WHAT YEAR.
WHO took that decision
WHERE and WHEN

Please answer the questions and stop your evasive tactics

All the evidence is that the Canon was settled more than 250 years after any of the authors had died

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by eaccyboy(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:

You are Jesus's son? Show me is photo pls grin grin grin
iis everywer..but he lives inside of me..d canal hrt cannvr undrstnd d tinz of d spirit..ure like an ant tryna undrstnd man
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Richirich713: 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
This guy doesn't get it, the apostles of jesus said the NT is inspired, the disciples of the apostles said the NT is inspired, the disciples of the the disciples of the apostles said the NT is inspired.

The NT itself says it's inspired.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

You cannot cite what is being questioned as "evidence"
The fact remains that you have not answered my question.What you have quoted from(WHEN DID THEY START TO BE USED AS SCRIPTURE) WHAT YEAR.
WHO took that decision
WHERE and WHEN

Please answer the questions and stop your evasive tactics

All the evidence is that the Canon was settled more than 250 years after any of the authors had died

Mr Man.

The truth is you have no argument here.

You are asking questions that needs not be asked. I don't have time to start going into Jewish and church history.

Google Halakha. It was used to ask questions and get teachings from those in authority. That was what people like apostle Paul used in answering and giving revelations he had gotten from the Lord.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:
This guy doesn't get it, the apostles of jesus said the NT is inspired, the disciples of the apostles said the NT is inspired, the disciples of the the disciples of the apostles said the NT is inspired.

The NT itself says it's inspired.

He doesn't want to get that's why.

He is busy looking for how to mock.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by emorse(m): 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:
Some atheists are intelligent,educated and well mannered people while some are unintelligent and childish but in the end all are fools.

This is a very intelligent comment. It is also very foolish!

I wonder how someone can be intelligent and foolish at the same time though.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Mr Man.

The truth is you have no argument here.

You are asking questions that needs not be asked. I don't have time to start going into Jewish and church history.

Google Halakha. It was used to ask questions and get teachings from those in authority. That was what people like apostle Paul used in answering and giving revelations he had gotten from the Lord.

In other words you are out of your depth and understanding.

If a religion promises eternal bliss or damnation then it must be scrutinized and questioned very thoroughly.The truth is I have spent decades studying the bible and it is a creation of man. I can debate any so called man of God on this.I accept that people are entitled to faith etc but the Bible's contents often are factually incorrect. There were other contemporaneous writings from the time the bible was written so some "facts" can be cross checked.
BY THE TIME ALL THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS DIED AND FOR MORE THAN 200 YEARS AFTER THERE WAS NO NEW TESTAMENT. This is a fact. Later some Europeans decided to edit some epistles and called them New TESTAMENT. They were what is now the Catholic Church.
Knowing what we know of the Catholic Church today I see no reason to trust them unquestioningly
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
OP, the bible has one simple answer for us. The book of James 4:3 says (Goodnews) version " when you ask and do not receive, its because your motives are bad and you want to use it for your pleasure. All those things you wrote up there are merely your opinion. We don't receive because our motives are bad, that's what's in the bible. This sums it all up.

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?

And the fool in his heart, says there is no God. Psalm 14:1

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

And the fool in his heart, says there is no God. Psalm 14:1

You are going to hell

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Richirich713: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
emorse:

This is a very intelligent comment. It is also very foolish!

I wonder how someone can be intelligent and foolish at the same time though.

U are actually one of those who is unintelligent.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
eaccyboy:
iis everywer..but he lives inside of me..d canal hrt cannvr undrstnd d tinz of d spirit..ure like an ant tryna undrstnd man

Your father lives inside you I hope to keep to my carnal heart.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

In other words you are out of your depth and understanding.

If a religion promises eternal bliss or damnation then it must be scrutinized and questioned very thoroughly.The truth is I have spent decades studying the bible and it is a creation of man. I can debate any so called man of God on this.I accept that people are entitled to faith etc but the Bible's contents often are factually incorrect. There were other contemporaneous writings from the time the bible was written so some "facts" can be cross checked.
BY THE TIME ALL THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS DIED AND FOR MORE THAN 200 YEARS AFTER THERE WAS NO NEW TESTAMENT. This is a fact. Later some Europeans decided to edit some epistles and called them New TESTAMENT. They were what is now the Catholic Church.
Knowing what we know of the Catholic Church today I see no reason to trust them unquestioningly

You have been seriously brainwashed.

BTW there are former pastors that know the scriptures in and out who later converted into Islam.

So it's not new. You can sit down and read the bible from beginning to end and it will not even do you any good.

So what makes the difference? Ones own encounter with God. If one was just brought up in a christian home but never really encountered God for Himself/Herself, the possibility that person will later fall away is very high.

You need to encounter God for the scriptures to actually makes sense to you. But until then, it's just a waste of time.

2 Tim "Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,"

2 Tim "..always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Isn't the scriptures amazing. How it could answer peoples doubts.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You have been seriously brainwashed.

BTW there are former pastors that know the scriptures in and out who later converted into Islam.

So it's not new. You can sit down and read the bible from beginning to end and it will not even do you any good.

So what makes the difference? Ones own encounter with God. If one was just brought up in a christian home but never really encountered God for Himself/Herself, the possibility that person will later fall away is very high.

You need to encounter God for the scriptures to actually makes sense to you. But until then, it's just a waste of time.

2 Tim "Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,"

2 Tim "..always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Isn't the scriptures amazing. How it could answer peoples doubts.

Believing blindly in a god without evidence of its existence,no evidence of its help to his followers is pure brainwash. The fact that you cannot provide at least a photo of the guy you are defending in the court of non-believers is pure brainwash. Perhaps Frank317 can explain it better for you to understand your situation smiley
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You need to encounter God for the scriptures to actually makes sense to you.
But until then, it's just a waste of time.

I was wondering how long it would take to get to this predictable outburst.

Still questions must be asked.

Who wrote the bible when ,where ,why and how?

They are inconvenient but stubborn and won't go away.

I recommend this articled to those who wish to learn but I am not saying anything anyone who has studied the bible does not know.

Lee Martin McDonald, “The Integrity of the Biblical Canon in Light of Its Historical Development,”
Bulletin for Biblical Research
6 (1996): 95-132.
The Integrity of the Biblical Canon
in Light of Its
Historical Development
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:

Believing blindly in a god without evidence of its existence,no evidence of its help to his followers is pure brainwash. The fact that you cannot provide at least a photo of the guy you are defending in the court of non-believers is pure brainwash. Perhaps Frank317 can explain it better for you to understand your situation smiley

I have my evidence God exists. You don't have a proof He doesn't.

BTW, after your show of shame, you still quote me?

Why don't you give us evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed with an atomic bomb as you said grin
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I have my evidence God exists. You don't have a proof He doesn't.

BTW, after you show of shame, you still quote me?

Why don't you give us evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed with an atomic bomb as you said grin

Imagine the childish answer. You cannot proof I am not presently having a blow-job,can you?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
The real question is why this God has no account of Black people in his stories?
Not even one line for thousands of years? Jehovah is not a god for Africans
Not even one miracle where sand was changed into Akpu .No story of Amala or Suya droping from the sky

Why Why?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:

Imagine the childish answer. You cannot proof I am not presently having a blow-job,can you?

It's prove not proof.

How does your blow-job issue relate to the atomic bomb?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by solonazzy: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?
To me, Dr is God.... Dnt mind d op....u can't by natural intuition kno hw God operates....just live like christ simple.... N forget all Dis analysis.... Dey just keep complicating Christianity for us...... Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Writes T.B Joshua An Open Letter / Primate Ayodele: Death Still Lurks In Aso Rock, Speaks On Kashamu’s Death / Pastor Performing Roadside Deliverance In Lekki, Lagos (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.