Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,916 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many (26076 Views)

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day / How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble / Buhari, Tinubu, Akande, Other APC Chieftains In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On May 04, 2017
by TonyeBarcanista

Just yesterday, two groups parading themselves as APC Youth Progressive Frontier and Northern Patriotic Assembly released statements where they made insulting remarks at Chief Bisi Akande, the protem national chairman of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the party's national leader, and Yoruba ethnic group over an innocuous and statesman remark made by Akande with respect to the health situation of President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday.

It is a shame that these two groups chose to exhibit their shallow thought in the public by interpreting the call made by Bisi Akande to allow Buhari seek proper medical attention to mean "derogatory remarks on the president" and "exploitation of the president's health for the benefit of Yoruba" as the APCPYF and NPA put it respectively. 

It is most shameful that these two groups and their sponsors are more interested in maintaining their hold on power even at the expense of the health of the President and the country. They are less concerned that the country is in a fix simply because nobody really know who is in-charge of the presidency. The President has been kept indoors for almost 3 weeks, even missing three consecutive federal executive council meetings, which he was meant to chair, yet they aren't bothered.

They threw attack on Akande and Tinubu, but where were these people and their sponsors when Tinubu was joining forces with Buhari in order to make him President after three previous failed attempts without Asiwaju? They claimed that Yoruba people want to exploit the situation because their son is next in line, but where were they when Buhari kept losing on three different occasions because he couldn't win Yoruba land only to emerge winner after gaining support of the Yoruba nation? 

It is a show of ingratitude for these groups, who are speaking on behalf of some powerful forces within the Presidency and APC, to launch direct and indirect attack at the APC leader, a man that forgo his political ambition of becoming Vice President to see that Buhari and his party defeat the former ruling party in 2015.

It is more shameful that his detractors in display of cowardice could not come open but chose to use two malicious groups which existence doesn't go beyond two press releases.

Is it not enough that all the ministerial nominations of Tinubu were rejected in favor of those that want his head at all cost due to their envy of his ever rising profile? Is it not enough that his protégé in Ondo state was maliciously eased out during the APC Gubernatorial primaries in the state by those party men who couldn't face him in a free and fair contest? Is it not enough that the president and his handlers have been trying so hard to rewrite the true story of the nomination of VP Osinbajo as Buhari's running mate in the 2015 election? This is just one ingratitude too many.

I am not a member of APC, neither am I a Yoruba man, I have nothing to gain (as an individual) whether or not Buhari take medical leave or resign from office. My concern is premised on the fact that I am a citizen of Nigeria and equal partner in the Nigeria project.

What is legitimate for the President and the country at this time is that he seek medical leave and handover power to Vice President Osinbajo or resign and face his ailing condition. Nigeria must not be confined to a sick bed in Aso Rock clinic because the President is facing health challenge. His handlers must allow him to transmit powers to his Vice in accordance with the law and take medical leave. 

While I admit that we have the responsibility of praying for quick recovery of the president, I must also acknowledge that the handlers have the responsibility of allowing the president proper medical attention and care. I believe this is the position of Bisi Akande, I am in total agreement with him.

Let me emphasise that Nigeria is not a private company that belongs to some few individuals, group or cabal. Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians irrespective of tribe, religion or social status. By the grace of God we shall make a clear statement to the cabal in power in 2019 when we head to the poll.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

shared on palmchat

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by hucienda: 8:45am On May 04, 2017
front page loading ...

well on the topic, dis one na domestic affair. collabo at any cost gone sour.

*This thread gonna be interesting. Returns to the spectator seats.*

"Lukman! abeg shift small".
angry

13 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by obamabinladen(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2017
It's not today that the attack started according to Mazi Afonja.

42 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by Agbaletu: 8:48am On May 04, 2017
All this will end by 2019. I have no sympathy for Asiwaju Tinubu and Chief Bisi Akande.
The North needs to be cut to size, unfortunately we are not united in the Southern part of the country and the Northerners are exploiting our differences to their advantage.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by softmind24: 8:48am On May 04, 2017
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by DaudaAbu(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2017
Sooo
Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by ipobbigot7: 8:49am On May 04, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

It is a shame that these two groups chose to exhibit their shallow thought in the public by interpreting the call made by Bisi Akande to allow Buhari seek proper medical attention to mean "derogatory remarks on the president" and "exploitation of the president's health for the benefit of Yoruba" as the APCPYF and NPA put it respectively.

It is most shameful that these two groups and their sponsors are more interested in maintaining their hold on power even at the expense of the health of the President and the country. They are less concerned that the country is in a fix simply because nobody really know who is in-charge of the presidency. The President has been kept indoors for almost 3 weeks, even missing three consecutive federal executive council meetings, which he was meant to chair, yet they aren't bothered.

They threw attack on Akande and Tinubu, but where were these people and their sponsors when Tinubu was joining forces with Buhari in order to make him President after three previous failed attempts without Asiwaju? They claimed that Yoruba people want to exploit the situation because their son is next in line, but where were they when Buhari kept losing on three different occasions because he couldn't win Yoruba land only to emerge winner after gaining support of the Yoruba nation? 

It is a show of ingratitude for these groups, who are speaking on behalf of some powerful forces within the Presidency and APC, to launch direct and indirect attack at the APC leader, a man that forgo his political ambition of becoming Vice President to see that Buhari and his party defeat the former ruling party in 2015.

It is more shameful that his detractors in display of cowardice could not come open but chose to use two malicious groups which existence doesn't go beyond two press releases.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by bkool7(m): 8:50am On May 04, 2017
It is a power tussle between politicians to remain in corridors of power . None of them give a damn about US

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by millik(f): 8:52am On May 04, 2017
Mr tonye, wetin concern you?
fix your problem in your party and stop looking for loop holes in your enemy camp

32 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2017
obamabinladen:
It's not today that the attack started according to Mazi Afonja.
Sir, can you pls resist the temptation of making this thread a tribal thing?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by temitemi1(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2017
Akande was only stating the obvious. Let the zombies attack all they like the simple truth is that we have had enough of their madness!!!

21 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2017
millik:
Mr tonye, wetin concern you?
fix your problem in your party and stop looking for loop holes in your enemy camp
Do you call this a party affair? Beside, does belonging to different parties forbid us from standing for justice?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by Greatigbos(f): 8:55am On May 04, 2017
I THINK EVERYBODY SHOULD MIND THERE BUSINESS

LET SEE HOW THIS GAME TURNS OUT

one thing people didn't know about power is dat ......power changes ....lets just keep going

19 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by Dcomrade(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2017
Reading. wink

1 Like

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by DaudaAbu(m): 8:57am On May 04, 2017
Agbaletu:
All this will end by 2019. I have no sympathy for Asiwaju Tinubu and Chief Bisi Akande.
The North needs to be cut to size, unfortunately we are not united in the Southern part of the country and the Northerners are exploiting our differences to their advantage.

And why is that

1 Like

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by obamabinladen(m): 8:57am On May 04, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Sir, can you pls resist the temptation of making this thread a tribal thing?

The thread contains some elements of such. Pls bear with me.

20 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2017
obamabinladen:

The thread contains some elements of such. Pls bear with me.
Where specifically so that I can modify?

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by Flexherbal(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2017
I like this part:

"While I admit that we have the responsibility of praying for quick recovery of the president, I must also acknowledge that the handlers have the responsibility of allowing the president proper medical attention and care. "

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by Xway(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2017
Am matching to zion,beautiful beautiful zion , we are matching upward to zion that beautiful city of God

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by babyfaceafrica: 9:03am On May 04, 2017
Na politics..no worry,by 2019 all of them go beg..we know their type!!

1 Like

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 9:04am On May 04, 2017
They deserve every mud slung at them. I can still pardon Baba Akande, but Tinubu deserves every sh!t thrown at him.

For his own ambition, Tinubu sacrificed the plan for regoinal intergration/autonomy the ACN had for the SW on the alter of national politics at the center. What did he get in return?

It is better to be a pauper in your own palace than to be a prince in the prison.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by temitemi1(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2017
the question is can buhari ever smell the seat of power without the help of Tinubu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by obamabinladen(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Where specifically so that I can modify?

Analysts said so.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by Themonster: 9:09am On May 04, 2017
Mr Tamuna again cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2017
temitemi1:
the question is can buhari ever smell the seat of power without the help of Tinubu
In all honesty, I don't think he can. Tinubu is a force to be reckoned with.

OBJ worked with him in 2003, he won.

Atiku worked with him in 2007 with a relatively new party, he lost but won LAGOS and Osun (going by Aregbe victory)

GEJ worked with him in 2011, he won.

Buhari worked with him in 2015, he won.

Come 2019, the story will be same for whoever he works with

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2017
Themonster:
Mr Tamuna again cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy

well
It's Tamuno lol

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
They deserve every mud slung at them. I can still pardon Baba Akande, but Tinubu deserves every sh!t thrown at him.

For his own ambition, Tinubu sacrificed the plan for regoinal intergration/autonomy the ACN had for the SW on the alter of natinal politics at the center. What did he get in return?

It is better to be a pauper in your own palace than to be a prince in the prison.
Which ambition pls? I hope you understand that the way the system is structured it is impossible to achieve regional integration without having some form of control or influence at the center.

9 Likes

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by PatriotTemidayo: 9:17am On May 04, 2017
They sold themselves cheap.....and for what?

I dont pity them an inch.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many by abu12: 9:20am On May 04, 2017
this man is always in a rush to support tinubu and south West apc members, is he looking for relevance? why not concentrate on your pdp issue and leave tinubu south West apc and Northern to do their thing

9 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Begins Construction Chapel In Kogi Government House / INEC Extends Primary Elections Deadline By 6 Days / INEC To Conduct Supplementary Elections On April 15, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.