Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply (7236 Views)

Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu / Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:
u are right tho. I think plans are underway to privatize the egg. Nkrumah will be spinning in his grave to see the institutions he built performing this way. But I also think there is need for awareness. Despite the down turn. A lot of things are still going on. Heard of the prampram wind project . solar and nuclear projects. And smaller dams. A lot of power projects are on the line. The effect will not be sudden.
i will forever remain nkrumah-ist if though i didnt meet the man, i jux love him. I always tell my friends if leaders after nkrumah had jux maintain all he left us without adding new, we would have been better than malaysia by now.. But thats africa for u. Our leaders are always up to no gud.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
yeah, thats true...... I know countries like burkina, togo and benin will patronize it, i jux hope we manage it well.
well Ghana has one of the most favourable oil policies in the region. Putting it into action is what matters
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:

That was the time to capitalise in the economic boom but people were relaxed. Well Ghana is still rising
yeah, dumsor has taught us sense pa pa.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:
well Ghana has one of the most favourable oil policies in the region. Putting it into action is what matters
well at times, i think too much brotherly love doesnt help us. We should concentrate more on ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
i will forever remain nkrumah-ist if though i didnt meet the man, i jux love him. I always tell my friends if leaders after nkrumah had jux maintain all he left us without adding new, we would have been better than malaysia by now.. But thats africa for u. Our leaders are always up to no gud.
i also love nkrumah. Although he also made mistakes. But it's evident that he was a threat to the white supremacy so he had to be cut off. Of course with snitches from its beloved country. The African case is not just about the politician but about us being our own enemies. The enemy within

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
well, some are and others arent.... I know with awareness and great people like u, naija will surely get there.
Boss, thanks for your words. My mission is not just for a better Nigeria but a better subsahara africa.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:
i also love nkrumah. Although he also made mistakes. But it's evident that he was a threat to the white supremacy so he had to be cut off. Of course with snitches from its beloved country. The African case is not just about the politician but about us being our own enemies. The enemy within
what makes me laugh abt african leaders is that the west that we run to are the same people who dont want us to reach their levels. French african countries listen to france than themselves, same with anglophone countries and the usa and the uk. yet we claim to have ecowas and au, who are we fooling?
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Boss, thanks for your words. My mission is not just for a better Nigeria but a better subsahara africa.
u are doing a great job, i cant wait for ur blog and a site in the future.... Africa needz great youth like yourself who will push us to get what we deserve.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Topman0001(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The comment of ghanians shows patriotism and commitment to their country. If it were Nigerians, you will see comments of 'Sai Baba' "PDP has looted the $181million" "APC should pay up" etc.. Some of us will even research to know who to blame. Some will scream "the zoo can't meet its obligation" etc!!! I hope we learn from ghanians!!!

@Topic: the FG should consider grace period for our Ghanian brothers/sisters. Hopefully, they'll pay up the debt!

*I'm not exempted from the above* grin

I wouldn't know if u r a Nigerian, u just said what I was thinking. you r a patriotic african man. Nigeria and ghana are supposed to be the closest, we share boundaries and we both speak English, unlike some other Africans that speak french. we have socio- cultural and economic advantages to share, when Ghana was poor, Nigeria accommodated the Ghanians and when Ñaija is not rossy, our people migrate to Ghana. For the sake of our relationship and benefits, the disconnection must be further delayed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
she knows dis, she jux acts extra tough when it comes to ghana. Maybe she loves ghana. Lol

It is not about just giving it away. You are throwing words like trade and export around in this thread yet you want Nigeria to give it away.

If you are not being paid for gas you are not exporting or trading.

My issue though is that if Nigeria was owing you and even other Nigerians here would not for one minute suggest they should not just pay up immediately under the agreement. Not just governments but also individual Nigerians when you set tarrifs in Ghana for those who want to trade you accept nothing else but paying up because those are the rules.

Why now are not so resolute now? Is it because it is Ghana that is owing? So now the rules don change for your eye abi? Lol

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by 4stylz: 2:23am On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

See, if I tell you that I'm not proud of Ghanians I'm a liar! One thing Nigerians lack that Ghanians have in abundance is patriotism and loyalty to country. We are more of partisan patriotism, which is bad... Anyway, I pray for a prosperous Ghana and the entire black world!

You want us to sit down and clap our hands for politicians stealing all our money in the name of patriotism?
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by bakynes(m): 4:01am On Oct 19, 2015
londoner:

It is not about just giving it away. You are throwing words like trade and export around in this thread yet you want Nigeria to give it away.

If you are not being paid for gas you are not exporting or trading.

My issue though is that if Nigeria was owing you and even other Nigerians here would not for one minute suggest they should not just pay up immediately under the agreement. Not just governments but also individual Nigerians when you set tarrifs in Ghana for those who want to trade you accept nothing else but paying up because those are the rules.

Why now are not so resolute now? Is it because it is Ghana that is owing? So now the rules don change for your eye abi? Lol

Exactly, the Govt of Ghana wasn't this lenient with the Nigeria Traders in Tariffs, they asked them to pay immediately or get their shops closed down.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by BALLOSKI: 6:46am On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The comment of ghanians shows patriotism and commitment to their country. If it were Nigerians, you will see comments of 'Sai Baba' "PDP has looted the $181million" "APC should pay up" etc.. Some of us will even research to know who to blame. Some will scream "the zoo can't meet its obligation" etc!!! I hope we learn from ghanians!!!

@Topic: the FG should consider grace period for our Ghanian brothers/sisters. Hopefully, they'll pay up the debt!

Ghanaians want to rub shoulder with Nigerians and , this has gone on for too long . They don't respect us ; even as we strive to keep their bulbs at the expense of Nigerians.
It's time to cut that gas supply , keep them in darkness, have them begging before we can consider doing business with them again. Our importance, strength, spirit must be resounded to them again via this action of cutting supply.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by BALLOSKI: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Ghanaians want to rub shoulder with Nigerians and , this has gone on for too long . They don't respect us ; even as we strive to keep their bulbs at the expense of Nigerians.
It's time to cut that gas supply , keep them in darkness, have them begging before we can consider doing business with them again. Our importance, strength, spirit must be resounded to them again via this action of cutting supply.

Thesame Ghana was chasing and closing shops belonging to igbos/Nigerians do not deserve our mercy.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 7:34am On Oct 19, 2015
BALLOSKI:

Thesame Ghana was chasing and closing shops belonging to igbos/Nigerians do not deserve our mercy.
Guy this is a very wrong way to show your importance. Playing diplomatic situations like this could be detrimental. When u talk of respect I ask in what sense. Cos in the first place. Nigerians don't respect themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Akeredolu: This Is A Huge Win,Unity Of Our Party Was Tested / NJC Dismissed N25m Bribery Petition Against Justice Ademola, Official Says / Monarchs Hails Oyetola's Governance Model, Endorses Him For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.