Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply (7219 Views)

Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu / Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

We need to plug all holes, from corrupt officials to supply of gas without return.

That is his job.

No his job is not to go after country for 180 million when people are stealing billions. I mean Ghana is not only country in debt. Some countries owe billion and trillions.

I still believe if it wasn't Ghana this's wouldn't be news. I bet other countries owe more but since it's Ghana it has been amplified.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

You are lucky it is even erratic if you are not paying. I think Nigeria should stop supplying.

I think both countries have come to an agreement. We will pay you the 180 million.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
hehehe, we will pay in installment, how abt that?
I think 10m$ has been paid for the time being. Also the power barges are coming up around December to ease tans the gas plants are ready. Just a few things to be in check and Ghana would be able to power it's own thermal plants with its own gas which superceed what the wagp gives. So we need to hang in and get things right. The gas plant would have been ready before now but politics came into play at the expense of the country. Well on the payment issue. While I feel it's only normal that the Ghana party gas to pay up. Nigeria gas not meeting up to the agreed gas output played a role in this issue
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
AzontoGhost:

Fine evening bra panin smiley .
how is the weekend?
am great bro my team won and ur team won. Baba played, nigeria didnt cut the gas so its all gud.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

No his job is not to go after country for 180 million when people are stealing billions. I mean Ghana is not only country in debt. Some countries owe billion and trillions.

I still believe if it wasn't Ghana this's wouldn't be news. I bet other countries owe more but since it's Ghana it has been amplified.
and rather than shifting full blame in Ghana as a country we have to understand that this project is being handled by semi private parties. The vra has to answer for this
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by mentorken05(m): 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
bukster:
Nigeria provides gas to Ghana which meets 25% of Ghana's electrical needs. Nigeria had been planning on cutting Ghana's gas supply when the country had been unable to pay off its debt to Nigeria of $181 million. The two countries held emergency talks and Nigeria has decided to delay plans to cut Ghana's gas supply. Check out the reactions below

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-delay-plan-reduce-gas-supply-ghana-093813976--business.html/
it rains everywhere....Nigerians please stop complaining as if every African country has overtaken us
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
hmmm,,, i believe is alot of hope and it starts with the youth.... They can turn it around.
The Nigerian youths are not yet prepared
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I think you missed the first part of the post you quoted.

If they ask for the money we should pay and we in no way should demand they continue to supply without us paying.

Honestly the way people change the goal posts simply because it is Ghana owing. If it were the other way round, most people here would suddenly change their tune.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obrigardo:

are you damn serious? opportunities like free haven for yahoo yahoo boys? or what do you mean?
pls just don't start
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:
I think 10m$ has been paid for the time being. Also the power barges are coming up around December to ease tans the gas plants are ready. Just a few things to be in check and Ghana would be able to power it's own thermal plants with its own gas which superceed what the wagp gives. So we need to hang in and get things right. The gas plant would have been ready before now but politics came into play at the expense of the country. Well on the payment issue. While I feel it's only normal that the Ghana party gas to pay up. Nigeria gas not meeting up to the agreed gas output played a role in this issue
me am tired of the lies of this government. Power barges were suppose to be here by now but they keep shifting the date..... It will help alot when it arrives, i heard they even wanted to build another gas plant in the near future. The issue of debt is ecg. They say ecg is running at a lost currently and as thus they cant pay vra, vra is even owing ghana gas alongside n gas. I think the best is privatising ecg.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The Nigerian youths are not yet prepared
well, some are and others arent.... I know with awareness and great people like u, naija will surely get there.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by londoner: 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

He is also going after those stealing billions....he should go after all... Simple.

Other countries do not take advantage of Nigeria though and it is probable that Ghana is owing alone or at least owing the most.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

If they ask for the money we should pay and we in no way should demand they continue to supply without us paying.

Honestly the way people change the goal posts simply because it is Ghana owing. If it were the other way round, most people here would suddenly change their tune.

Lol... My guy, Nigeri'a revenue is not even enough to meet local responsibilities not to talk of paying our debt. Bros, no dull yourself, even the wealthiest countries in the world are indebted to one country or institution or the other.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:
pls just don't start

Exactly people are showing maturity by arguing with facts but it only takes one person to turn this into another naija vs Ghana thread.

Hope it doesn't come to that, I am tired of such thread.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
then u will surely lose all ur customers. Business isnt always cash and carry.
I have a very strong belive that as soon as Ghana gas is fully ready. Ghana gas will serve as a preferred choice to customers m so the ball game in the region is just about to get tight
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

He is also going after those stealing billions....he should go after all... Simple.

Other countries do not take advantage of Nigeria though and it is probable that Ghana is owing alone or at least owing the most.
londoner, what has ghana done to u? Lets us beg for forgiveness lol.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:

I have a very strong belive that as soon as Ghana gas is fully ready. Ghana gas will serve as a preferred choice to customers m so the ball game in the region is just about to get tight
yeah, thats true...... I know countries like burkina, togo and benin will patronize it, i jux hope we manage it well.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
yeah she does,, londoner wants us to go into darkness. Jux 180 m... She is a no nonsense business lady.
Pls let's stop blowing this issue out of proportion. Ghana cannot be in total darkness cos of the gas issue.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

I will do my research but I believe other countries owe Nigeria more. I believe we owe 100 million and we already paid 10 mil. Don't you will get your money sooner than later.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Nigerians have beein indoctrinated and manipulated by corrupt elites that have employed tribal, religious and partisan sentiments as tools to maintain their theft and keep the populace busy and divert their(masses) attention from their evil deeds. Unfortunately, Nigerians are falling for it. Nigerians need to interract with our West African brothers so as to get another perspective when addressing issues.
It's the same issue the other way round. Just that they come in different levels
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Exactly people are showing maturity by arguing with facts but it only takes one person to turn this into another naija vs Ghana thread.

Hope it doesn't come to that, I am tired of such thread.
so true Bro
But sincerely am disappointed the way some Ghanaians treat and see the economic issues in ground. So complaints and ignorant talk are not needed
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

We are still your only viable customers, without us who else would sell it to.
they sell gas to us and we give some of the thermal power to Togo and Benin too. smiley. Won't say much. I only hope we'll meaning in Ghanaians are observing and key into what I see
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
londoner, what has ghana done to u? Lets us beg for forgiveness lol.

I think she's pro Nigeria and nothing else. She must realize that Nigeria has gas in abundance and if they don't export they would end up just wasting it. It's believe Nigeria has enough gas to power all of Africa for 100 years.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
londoner:

Pay what you owe and stop defending not paying simply because it is Ghanaians that are owing.

If u vex me now!! ... I go just write u $1B check na na!!! Na wetin grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:
I miss Jonathan, this's Buhari guy seems to worry more about debts than doing his job.

We are not going to pay till we see consistent gas supply.
pls buhari is way better than Jonathan.. And I think he has little hand in this issue.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:
I blame mahama for all this embarrassment. The guy is very corrupt and since taking office Ghana has regress to point of our rivals are now making fun of us because of 180 million.

Fact remains this government doesn't like paying its bills whether it's doctors, teachers or athletes. Look at the embarrassment he cause us during the World Cup.

Mahama must leave come 2016. Enoug with the embarrassment.
no! blame Ghanaians as a whole when they went to cast their votes. Alot voted ignorantly and on tribal lines. The fact that things were so good from 07 got into people's head. Well Ghana will come out. Already seeing positives
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

I think she's pro Nigeria and nothing else. She must realize that Nigeria has gas in abundance and if they don't export they would end up just wasting it. It's believe Nigeria has enough gas to power all of Africa for 100 years.
she knows dis, she jux acts extra tough when it comes to ghana. Maybe she loves ghana. Lol
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by meccuno: 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Patriotic Nigerians are like micro organisms.......you only see them with a magnifying glass........forget all the rants.....we only have patriotic bigots.....
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
me am tired of the lies of this government. Power barges were suppose to be here by now but they keep shifting the date..... It will help alot when it arrives, i heard they even wanted to build another gas plant in the near future. The issue of debt is ecg. They say ecg is running at a lost currently and as thus they cant pay vra, vra is even owing ghana gas alongside n gas. I think the best is privatising ecg.
u are right tho. I think plans are underway to privatize the egg. Nkrumah will be spinning in his grave to see the institutions he built performing this way. But I also think there is need for awareness. Despite the down turn. A lot of things are still going on. Heard of the prampram wind project . solar and nuclear projects. And smaller dams. A lot of power projects are on the line. The effect will not be sudden.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
Watching beast of no nation. So far so good beginning is funny as hell.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by Captainswag225(m): 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
iamord:
no blame Ghanaians as a whole when they went to cast their votes. Alot voted ignorantly and on tribal lines. The fact that things were so good from 07 got into people's head. Well Ghana will come out. Already seeing positives
i agree with u, we became pampered from 07 to 11/12. Mahama brought us to reality.... We will make it. As for him, he is so confused ryt now.
Re: Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply by iamord(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
i agree with u, we became pampered from 07 to 11/12. Mahama brought us to reality.... We will make it. As for him, he is so confused ryt now.
That was the time to capitalise in the economic boom but people were relaxed. Well Ghana is still rising

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North In Nigeria’s Workforce: Priority Determines Motivation / I Challenge Anyone To Expose Me – Yari / Umar Faruq: Transport Varsity, Other Projects Earned Amaechi Chieftaincy Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.