Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant (1107 Views)

Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna / Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project / 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
THE Anambra State Government in partnership with Richbon Group is to establish $150 million automobile assembly plant, specifically for bulldozers and other forms of ‘earthmovers.’

Speaking during the stakeholders meeting in Awka yesterday, the Commissioner for Lands, Survey and Town Planning, Stella Onuora, disclosed that the project site is located at Ozubulu-Eziora boundary in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of the State.

Onuora appreciated members of the community for their keenness in providing land for development, stressing that the project would be of immense benefit to youths.
She also disclosed that the state government did not collect money for the project, but encouraged partnering investors through its equity contribution in the form of the free Certificate of Occupancy granted in respect of the land and creation of access road to the project site.

Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA), Chief Joe-Billy Ekwunife, said the team, as directed by Governor Willie Obiano, had visited the community to urge youths to cooperate with the investors to commence work. Ekwunife stressed that the community would get five per cent of the investment cost, in addition to 35 per cent of the proposed 70 per cent direct and indirect job opportunities that will be created from the project.

In a remark, the Ekwusigo Local Government Council Chairman, Chief Jude Mbaegbu, expressed gladness that the project was being actualised under the purposeful leadership of governor Obiano. He added that the project had long-term benefits for infrastructure and job for youths.

Traditional ruler of Ozubulu, Igwe Oruche, said his community had always been desirous of providing land for infrastructural and human capital development, but lamented that failure of past administrations to actualise such projects had made youths suffer joblessness.

Orunche expressed the optimism that the state government’s commitment to security and the proactive disposition of ANSIPPA would go a long way in bringing immediate positive result and jobs for youths. He pledged support and cooperation of members of his community for the new investors.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/anambra-new-investor-plan-150m-automobile-plant/

1 Like

Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
Great to hear something outside politics, tribalism...something that can actually affect the average man

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by LoveMachine(m): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2015
liberty300:
Great to hear something outside politics, tribalism...something that can actually affect the average man

you aint never lied

1 Like

Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by AustineE1: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2015
Willie Obiano is a square peg in a square hole...he is winning the investment and economic war for Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by seunmsg(m): 7:08am On Oct 19, 2015
This is the kind of good news the rest of Nigeria want to be hearing from the south east and not the Biafra nonsense.

Kudos to the Governor, we want more project like this so that less Igbos will need to travel to south western cities like Akure to make their daily living.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by Agimor(m): 7:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Good move.
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by cocoduck: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2015
FAT LIES COMMON GET OUT
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by cocoduck: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2015
FAT LIES COMMON GET OUT
My dad is from Nnewi and my mom is from Ihiala, so I can categorically tell you it is a LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by chinology: 7:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Point of correction. Igbos are not in Yorubaland but Lagos which is a former FCT and a no man's land. Igbos in the rural areas of Akure, Osogbo, Ibadan, Ekiti etc are not more than 100 and they are mostly treated as expatriates in those rural hinterlands.

seunmsg:
This is the kind of good news the rest of Nigeria want to be hearing from the south east and not the Biafra nonsense.

Kudos to the Governor, we want more project like this so that less Igbos will need to travel to south western cities like Akure to make their daily living.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by cocoduck: 7:29am On Oct 19, 2015
seunmsg:

you are an Id1ot a big one indeed, common get out here you smell like garbage. Yoruba monkey, slave of a white man, in fact I don't blame you for you are a meter house nigar
who loves the white master so much that your great grandpa served them like a willing monkey and it became generational thing. Continue in your slavery, you good for nothing slave. As for me I Must get my freedom from this nonsense latrine of a country.
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by cocoduck: 7:29am On Oct 19, 2015
seunmsg:

you are an Id1ot a big one indeed, common get out here you smell like garbage. Yoruba monkey, slave of a white man, in fact I don't blame you for you are a mere house nigar
who loves the white master so much that your great grandpa served them like a willing monkey and it became generational thing. Continue in your slavery, you good for nothing slave. As for me I Must get my freedom from this nonsense latrine of a country.
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 19, 2015
cocoduck:
FAT LIES COMMON GET OUT
My dad is from Nnewi and my mom is from Ihiala, so I can categorically tell you it is a LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL
it says ozobulu not nnewi..the traditional ruler has already given them land, construction has already started on the site. Whether you believe it or yes it happening

1 Like

Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by cardoctor(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2015
I hope these "Biafrans" will allow foreigners to invest in "Biafra".
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by seunmsg(m): 8:30am On Oct 19, 2015
chinology:
Point of correction. Igbos are not in Yorubaland but Lagos which is a former FCT and a no man's land. Igbos in the rural areas of Akure, Osogbo, Ibadan, Ekiti etc are not more than 100 and they are mostly treated as expatriates in those rural hinterlands.

grin grin grin are you for real? Eze ndigbo of Akure was dethrone last week after receiving the beating of his life and you are here talking about expatriate treatment. Don't you guys ever get tired of this empty chest beating? So, an expatriate in Igbo land is someone that sells used spare parts in the south west? The joke is really on you guys if you don't know.
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by chinology: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2015
He doesn't stay in Akure because he can't afford to live in a mud house in the 21st century.

Most of them operate from Lagos. They only operate as eze in yoruba land for political reasons.

Like as I said Igbos in these areas Akure, Osogbo, Ibadan, Abeokuta, etc are not more than 100 unlike good population of yoruba tailors, taxi driver and agbo sellers in Onitsha.

Those few Igbos in those hinterlands I mentioned are treated nicely lest they leave.

seunmsg:

grin grin grin are you for real? Eze ndigbo of Akure was dethrone last week after receiving the beating of his life and you are here talking about expatriate treatment. Don't you guys ever get tired of this empty chest beating? So, an expatriate in Igbo land is someone that sells used spare parts in the south west? The joke is really on you guys if you don't know.
Re: Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
cardoctor:
I hope these "Biafrans" will allow foreigners to invest in "Biafra".
gerrarahia!!!

(1) (Reply)

For The Yorubas Claiming ND On NL / Stewpeed Question Asked By A Stewpeed Senator. / Biafra Struggle Is For The Youth,not Igbo Or Rivers Political Jobbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.