Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us (3933 Views)

I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends / "I Asked Him Out And He Said Yes" Pretty Lady Shares Photo Of Her Boo On Twitter / I Had A Bible Oath With My Babe To Stay Together, Now Things Have Fallen Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Ramos16(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hi guys,

I recently decided to ask out my friend who I have had a crush since university days, that is about 6 years now. We have been in touch, and just a few days back I decided to ask her out. We do not stay close to each other, and we normally communicate over the phone.

For the past two months we have been communicating on a daily basis, we talk for about 4-5 times a day, each spanning at least 30 minutes, and it was always beautiful talking to her, I could tell she also enjoys talking to me from the way she responds. So last week I asked her out, on phone. I am one of those people who hate distance relationship as I perceive that they never work out, but in this case I could not let her slip away again.

On the day I asked her out, she was quiet almost throughout my sermon and professing of my love to her, I tried to get her to tell me how she feels about everything I had said to her, she only said she was not angry with me, I tried to push harder to get more specific and possibly positive response, but nothing came, she said I just told her about it, and she cannot make any decision at the time, so I should give her more time to think about it. Its about 4 days since that day, and we still talk on phone, only that this time, we talk like 1-2 times per day for just about 4-5 minutes, its almost like we now have nothing to talk about.

I really love this lady, my love for her is genuine, I love so much that if she eventually says "No" to me, I probably would not be able to be her friend again, not because I will hate her (that can never happen), but because my eyes will tear up and heart bleed every time I realise I might never be able to be with her, certainly being her friend will never make me heal.

I wish to know what y'all think of this situation, was it a bad move from me in the first place to tell her how I felt about her? and what is all the weirdness going on between us now?

PS: I am still waiting for her reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Badgers14: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
My broda... Dont beat yourself up.. You did what every reasonable person would have done...
Believe you me, that babe love you die just like you do but she wants to dance around a little..
I have been there ma broda... smiley

Again, dont beat yourself up, stand your ground and don't take back your words and dont regret it..

Sometimes it happens that being your friend, you already know too much about her grin she is in drawig board to come up with a different swag game..

Also she might be thinking why did you wait all these while Did she let her sef lose or sth... So as she they on her drawing board... Get to your drawing board as well and draw plans... Keep pushing ma broda.. smiley

But Shìt like this don't happen in France cool

5 Likes

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by dryakson(m): 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
Guy contact CharlesNneji1 for your copy of "advanced Bang Rule" no girl will reject you again... You will become girls Magnet trust me

3 Likes

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by falconey(m): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
grin
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by vizkiz: 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
bro, you were friendzoned before and you think you can just jump outta the friendzone like that

Its not that easy bro. She doesn't see you as a boyfriend to her,she still thinks of you as a friend. I think you need to cut the calls for now. But how will you be calling a girl 4-5times daily? You no get work? undecided

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Sanmel(f): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
E dey be like that sometimes.. She likes you though
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by IamLEGEND1: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
so u think you will just open ur mouth and yarn one long story and she go just succumb?

mah bro,u don enter that zone already.

if there is already awkwardness, then you're already doomed.

5 Likes

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Ramos16(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
so u think you will just open ur mouth and yarn one long story and she go just succumb?

mah bro,u don enter that zone already.

if there is already awkwardness, then you're already doomed.

I hope I am not the mayor of the zone, that will be a horrible thing for me
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Spiff20(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Wait for her reply first
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by evanscheck(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Once u are in the friend zone, dont use words to evoke relationship thing again, use body language and signs... u waited too long sha... 6 years. Wat were u waiting for?

6 Likes

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by agarawu23(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ramos16:
Hi guys,

I recently decided to ask out my friend who I have had a crush since university days, that is about 6 years now. We have been in touch, and just a few days back I decided to ask her out. We do not stay close to each other, and we normally communicate over the phone.

For the past two months we have been communicating on a daily basis, we talk for about 4-5 times a day, each spanning at least 30 minutes, and it was always beautiful talking to her, I could tell she also enjoys talking to me from the way she responds. So last week I asked her out, on phone. I am one of those people who hate distance relationship as I perceive that they never work out, but in this case I could not let her slip away again.

On the day I asked her out, she was quiet almost throughout my sermon and professing of my love to her, I tried to get her to tell me how she feels about everything I had said to her, she only said she was not angry with me, I tried to push harder to get more specific and possibly positive response, but nothing came, she said I just told her about it, and she cannot make any decision at the time, so I should give her more time to think about it. Its about 4 days since that day, and we still talk on phone, only that this time, we talk like 1-2 times per day for just about 4-5 minutes, its almost like we now have nothing to talk about.

I really love this lady, my love for her is genuine, I love so much that if she eventually says "No" to me, I probably would not be able to be her friend again, not because I will hate her (that can never happen), but because my eyes will tear up and heart bleed every time I realise I might never be able to be with her, certainly being her friend will never make me heal.

I wish to know what y'all think of this situation, was it a bad move from me in the first place to tell her how I felt about her? and what is all the weirdness going on between us now?

[size=15pt]Bro , you dont need to give up on her because I have the blv she will accept you from your story.

I personally cant date a lady I don't know much about, I prefer a long time friendship with her before asking her out and it has been working for me. Some call it friend zone but the case isn't the same for all guys.

she will fall in wink
Don't lose hope and just be patient with her. [/size]
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Tapout(m): 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
oga if she says no, then bounce angry

u push any little further n she may end up friend zoning you

2 Likes

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by misspicy(f): 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
She likes u buh if she has a bf then its a different ballgame...
Op does she have a bf?
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
misspicy:
She likes u buh if she has a bf then its a different ballgame...

Op does she have a bf?
shebi u no see dat one cheesy
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
agarawu23:
[size=15pt]Bro , you dont need to give up on her because I have the blv she will accept you from your story.

I personally cant date a lady I don't know much about, I prefer a long time friendship with her before asking her out and it has been working for me. Some call it friend zone but the case isn't the same for all guys.

she will fall in wink
like we have been doingcheesycheesy
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by IamLEGEND1: 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ramos16:

I hope I am not the mayor of the zone, that will be a horrible thing for me

Make I no kill ur morale but honestly...

mi ati awọn mi buruku might as well have a minute of silence for you right now.

2 Likes

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Ramos16(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
agarawu23:

she will fall in wink

Thanks man, that means a lot to me

1 Like

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by agarawu23(m): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jollyjoy:
like we have been doingcheesycheesy
yes love kiss
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by KRILMIJAY(m): 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
My broda, kpomkpi & jux give her time, e b like Say d girl dz one wey ur heart dey tench. anyway, jux give her a week, believe me she's giving it a gud thought.
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ramos16, ignore the nay sayers

Be matured about it, she might not be feeling the same way however you have got to hope that with time. She charges her mind. Also it is best if you ask her to give a tangible reason, it .might take time but if you are destined to be together. She will be yours
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Hazardd(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Since advice don finish...wetin i wan advice again
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Richardonald(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
Guys dey wicked..you wil hate her if she says No.she might have had a bf..soo why are u tampering her.very soon you will say girls cheat the most..when their is too much of attention
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Ramos16(m): 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
daretodiffer:
Ramos16, ignore the nay sayers

Be matured about it, she might not be feeling the same way however you have got to hope that with time. She charges her mind. Also it is best if you ask her to give a tangible reason, it .might take time but if you are destined to be together. She will be yours

Thanks a lot, I probably asked her out thinking that she feel the same way as I do... I guess that is why I feel this way, thanks for pointing that out to me
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by misspicy(f): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jollyjoy:
shebi u no see dat one cheesy
I see am o,buh no be every tom dick and harry be my perks tongue
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by PietroRico(m): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hazardd:
Since advice don finish...wetin i wan advice again
lol
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by sarmiie(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Cant say I blame her....unless she has had feelings for you those same 6 years, it will be awkward for her......just chill out. Que sera sera
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Jazzlite: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
Somborri why are you over pursuing the lady....give her space to be herself and come out of herself.... or else you might end up just choking her...let her give you some chase too...

Ramos16:
Hi guys,

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by tomzee2(f): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Just chillout bruh, each time u call her again don't bring up the topic again, just start acting like her boifrnd nd she will play along stop waiting for the YES/NO answer

1 Like

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by baggy4luv(m): 11:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
Use this two...absence and jealousy to win am back...i hate friends zone

1 Like

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by ipledge10(m): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Now you more work to do...be consistent ehn...she will surely be urs
Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
OP
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you most likely will not get her.

If you've been friends for this long and she hasnt given you any hint she wants you to press through for a relationship, she most likely isnt into you.

You may say "but she enjoys talking to me"..She may, but usually girls av been known to be more chatty and expressive with members of the opposite sex who are just 'friends'.

Just keep your game tight and draw back from her now (start by limiting how often and how long you call her).

That should give you a hint of your stand in her life. If she barely notices or acts aloof too during dis period..Baba just ignore all dat feeling you think you have and look for a babe that likes you for you.

Dont waste your time!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us by richie9093(m): 11:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ramos16:
Hi guys,

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy Wetin happen?

And a very good friend of mine complain i dont call her for like 2-3 days. I had better make that move.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Is Boring. Help Please!! / My Son Is Having His Way With Me And I Am Enjoying It / A Muslim Lady With Massive Backsidetwerks Heavily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.