Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. (1288 Views)

Lagos Officials Clear Blocked Drainage To Control Flooding In Lekki (pics) / Flooding: Lagos To Re-engineer Canals, Drainage Systems – Ambode / Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by manmacho: 8:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Good Evening to you Sir,

Am a quiet admirer of your profile and your landmark achievement for Lagos Mega city Project in a once upon a time "chaotic Lagos".

But my concern has always been with road and the never ending headache of rehabilitating them. This is why i will like to make the following suggestion which i suppose will ensure that road longevity are securDe to a large extent.

From my experience, one of the banes to good road had always been the drainage system. Have seen on-going construction and newly built road with drainage fill/half-filled debris waiting to erode what had been achieved in no time. This has always been a concern to me because drainage are expected to facilitate the quality of roads.

This is almost the case within street, Industrial layout and other common areas in Lagos

What we have, is that Lagosians do not own infrastructure and can be hard on them. The negligence have seen is quite worrisome.

I am of the opinion that the following should be considered;

1. Contractor should be made to hand over clear moving drainage at completion of their project
2. Since environmental sanitation could not get this cleaning done am of the opinion that a law should be made to ensure that all drainage opposite any building be cleaned by the resident or be taken up by the Government on behalf of such residence at a fee.
3. This should apply to industrial layout, banks offices and companies

Prior to this, I suggest that a comprehensive cleaning should be carried out across the state for sensitization and awareness.

After this, enforcement should take full course.

Since I do not have much information on whether the local government or state should oversee this. I will leave your able office to decide on this.

The whole objective is to ensure that we keep a cleaner environment through enforcement, create a cleanliness culture in our people and ensure that free drainage are maintained for the sustenance of our road.

I will not fail to mention the revenue that this will bring to the state or Local government as the case may be.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by ba7man(m): 8:30am On Oct 19, 2015
Drains should be covered and walkways provided over them...... neat ones, not those rugged Nigerian looking ones,!!! angry angry angry

Why leave it open in the first place??........ are its contents so beautiful that they must be exposed??........ if drains are covered, fewer people will be able to deposit dirt into it.

A white man fell into an open drain in front of me not too long ago and I knew why he fell....... no street light to illuminate his environment and he probably isn't used to open drains.

The monies to build a functional environment is currently domiciled in various accounts of Nigerian politicians. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by CharlyNick: 9:18am On Oct 19, 2015
Are the Lagos State Government Officials here?
Lol just asking o cheesy
Re: A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by jarkbauer: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2015
solution is to have covered drains
Re: A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by manmacho: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2015
the drains along apapa oshodi express way are suppose to be underground

but currently along the perimeter of this road you will hardly see any moving drain

if we don' t have closed drains for now i guess my suggestion is still in line
Re: A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by GeorgeFrank: 10:52am On Nov 28, 2016
First of the banes to good road only has a combined drain decoupling shape in one result, but in addition a overall of 24 installation elevation can be understand recognition to the special getting higher slit... landscape drainage
Re: A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by Onyechiyelugo: 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
ENUZED Global Services

We work in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Asaba.

Our services:

1. Building design and construction
2. Road design and construction
3. Drainage design and construction
4. Landscapping - interlocking stones and concrete stamp.

Landscapping for public buildings; public parks, college campuses, shopping and recreational centers; and institutions: access roads, drainages, and car parks with roundabouts, edge kerbs and curves; walkways and green areas.

We are competent and have the passion to deliver quality jobs.

Our commitment to timely job delivery is certain.

Call or WhatsApp: 07038005502, 08158332536
Email: akalaka5000@yahoo.com

Re: A DRAINAGE SYSTEM THAT WORKS - MY SUGGESTION TO LAGOS STATE GOVT. by EmekaA125(m): 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
[s]
manmacho:
Good Evening to you Sir,

Am a quiet admirer of your profile and your landmark achievement for Lagos Mega city Project in a once upon a time "chaotic Lagos".

But my concern has always been with road and the never ending headache of rehabilitating them. This is why i will like to make the following suggestion which i suppose will ensure that road longevity are securDe to a large extent.

From my experience, one of the banes to good road had always been the drainage system. Have seen on-going construction and newly built road with drainage fill/half-filled debris waiting to erode what had been achieved in no time. This has always been a concern to me because drainage are expected to facilitate the quality of roads.

This is almost the case within street, Industrial layout and other common areas in Lagos

What we have, is that Lagosians do not own infrastructure and can be hard on them. The negligence have seen is quite worrisome.

I am of the opinion that the following should be considered;

1. Contractor should be made to hand over clear moving drainage at completion of their project
2. Since environmental sanitation could not get this cleaning done am of the opinion that a law should be made to ensure that all drainage opposite any building be cleaned by the resident or be taken up by the Government on behalf of such residence at a fee.
3. This should apply to industrial layout, banks offices and companies

Prior to this, I suggest that a comprehensive cleaning should be carried out across the state for sensitization and awareness.

After this, enforcement should take full course.

Since I do not have much information on whether the local government or state should oversee this. I will leave your able office to decide on this.

The whole objective is to ensure that we keep a cleaner environment through enforcement, create a cleanliness culture in our people and ensure that free drainage are maintained for the sustenance of our road.

I will not fail to mention the revenue that this will bring to the state or Local government as the case may be.

Thanks
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Thwarts PDP Senators Move To Block Usani,as Ministerial Nominees Screened / Caption This Photo Of Imo Ministerial Nominee Anthony Anwuka Squeezing His Face / DSC To Commence Full Operation In 14 Months -okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.