Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,083 members, 7,828,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

More On ECU (brainbox): The Little Details To Know. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / More On ECU (brainbox): The Little Details To Know. (1522 Views)

Manual Brainbox Installed In Automatic Transmission SUV. / Diy: Immobiliser Delete On Bosch Motronic Me 7.5 Ecu (audi A4 B5 Facelift) / Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More On ECU (brainbox): The Little Details To Know. by pek(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2015
I had a conversation recently and the person wanted to know why brainbox gets damaged. Well, there is no specific reason for that. But electrical issues is a major factor. The electrical wirings in your car gets to the brainbox. So, if there are issues, depending on how big, it can cause the ECU to go bad. Another major factor is flood. If you live in a flood prone area, water might seep in and affect your ECU. A major cause of brainbox getting bad are mechanics. I seen and heard of countless brainboxes getting damaged due to negligence or incompetence of mechanics. The sorry part is that the owners bear the cost. My advise to such people is that don't allow him continue working on that car. Get another mechanic or get the ECU yourself. Any mechanic that damages a brainbox should not be trusted to get or continue work on that. If your brainbox is stolen, get the right one. Read up this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1531124/buying-getting-ecu-brainbox-read

Don't let your car become a furniture in a mechanic's workshop. The sooner you get it out of there, the better.

(1) (Reply)

What Your Tail Pipe Might Be Telling You. / Nigerian Prolific Car Racer And Engine Designer (pic) / Do Some Cars Have Flight Mode? Or How Did This Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.