Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman (35463 Views)

Buhari Swars-In Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman / Senate Confirms Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chair, 4 Commissioners / INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
KwoiZabo:
The last time I checked all previous president had Inec Chairmen that are not from their zones
When Obasanjo was the President, were Guobadia and Iwu, that he appointed INEC bosses from the north? Sometimes you just open your mouths to vomit rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by Alfreddd: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
guy..u deh make me laugh unconsciously at work fa...chai
Keneking:
Great...decision ( let me adjust the lens to view comments)
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Obinoscopy ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Seun....................................................... cheesy
Listening to "Kedu America" - Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe (amazing song)
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by ndcide(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
arsetalks:
I find it odd that people crying biafra this biafra that still complain about this appointment. This is an appointment by a Nigerian president, you don't want to be part of the country so why lament?

Do you really want them out?

These lines are daft to say the list.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by ril19(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
kaorama:
Showing southerners how to play politics! GEJ take note.

For real bro.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by joystickextend1(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
Okay
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by Iyoma2(f): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I only saw another Muslim Northerner there. Why does Buhari love appointing northern muslim to sensitive position?
. Just for easy communication. if its possible for buhari to do all his talk in hausa language he will be hapy, he is allergic to all languages xcept hausa.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by k1centy: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
Why this many northerners? That carmouflaged vp Osinbajo is the worst av seen in a Nigerian govt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by j1mmy: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
Buhari loves mallam names, he just can't seem to stop appointing them...
If Nigerians shut up I don't think he will ever appoint a southerner to anything other than driver

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
Alfreddd:
guy..u deh make me laugh unconsciously at work fa...chai
How?
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by hamingra: 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
KwoiZabo:
The last time I checked all previous president had Inec Chairmen that are not from their zones

Really? You sure say you check well well so? abeg check again! Start from President Obasanjo! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by dvee2: 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
He just removed a northerner as head of service and appointed a southerner this morning, you didn't comment. Now you are wailing again.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
dekdek:

Chukwumumu, which appointment has the senate rejected so far? grin

olodo has your god Amaechi,the cat of Ubima been confirmed? No wonder you are called the institution of stupidity

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by bugzbunny: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
kaorama:
Showing southerners how to play politics! GEJ take note.
A presidential stooge as Inec chairman
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by damyzino(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Obasanjo, a southerner, appointed two INEC bosses, Abel Guobadia and Maurice Iwu from the south; how about that?
even the dullard gej appionted jega (northerner)
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by mrrock: 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
GEJ moved it from South to North.

Common sense should've told Buhari to move the INEC chairman to somewhere else, but not the north, in observance of the federal character.

Certainly, Buhari have a northern agenda. This man is highly very tribal!. It's so clear he can't even hide it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by dckng16(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
I think the position INEC CHAIRMAN should be occupied by neutral tribe in Nigera.

PMB should be very careful with his appointment he is gradually dividing this country

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by babafirst(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
midolian:
So the wailers will stop wailing? I don't think so!

Watch as the opposition will say Prof. Mahmud Yakubu "was Aisha Buhari's boyfriend before she got married to Buhari" OR "is a relative to Aisha Buhari" OR as below grin #TribalWarlords grin grin
Loool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by modath(f): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
anonimi:

Please tell us what was achieved in Prof. Mahmud Yakubu's tenure at the TETFUND as Exec. Secretary or in his tenure as Asst.Secretary, Finance and Administration for the National Conference.
Thanks.

[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/national-conference/wp-content/uploads/500x375xProfessor-Mahmood-Yakubu.jpg.pagespeed.ic.baN75-hYGM.webp[/img]

Yakubu, a professor of political history and international studies, was Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund.

More from: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/national-conference/profile-mahmood-yakubu-asst-secretary-finance-administration/

The onus is on him to prove himself worthless...

Don't start nitpicking on any perceived faults now, PMB didn't give him the ES job at TETFUND...

If you have any comma against him, keep it, it doesn't make no difference, nothing this govt will do is likely to get a pass mark from you, so stop caring!!

God, oro eeyin egbere yi ti su mi.. Always trying to create drama from everything damn thing!!
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by mhbabanna: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
modath:

Its not a job for blockheads who have no reputation to protect..

Unfortunately Maurice Iwu & Humphrey Nwosu had none to protect...
Nice response to that silly question. Can't stop laughing
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by k1centy: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=dekdek post=39204300][/quote] He's still a dictator. He's never going to be a democrat.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by thundafire: 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
finally APC downfall is imminent cs dy whole nation is removing dos cow brains

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by saint047(m): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
Not surprising that once again it is a Northerner. Obviously a calculated attempt to perpetuate the Northernization of Nigeria The trend of past governments has been to pick INEC chairmen from another region - and rightly so, at least to be seen to be transparent and dismiss any fears of ethnic bias. Buhari's attitude is a crude, in-your-face northern agenda, characteristic of an unlettered

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by Firefire(m): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
adjoviomole:
Wunt it b better, if the inec chairman is not from the same region with d president? Just my opinion tho........2019 is nt as far as we think sha. Till den.

That should be the common sense.

Same liberal thought of Jonathan when he appointed INEC Chairman from another region.

What is Buhary up to ?

Only time will tell.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by dekdek: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

olodo has your god Amaechi,the cat of Ubima been confirmed? No wonder you are called the institution of stupidity

Chukwumumu, who is ur god? grin The Lion will be tomorrow and as promised draft ur suicide note before the act.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by modath(f): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
mhbabanna:

Nice response to that silly question. Can't stop laughing

Thx..

I swear NL don tire me...

Wish i could get back the NL prior to 2010 smiley

Now chinko phones & 10mb has ruined everything.
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by dekdek: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
k1centy:
He's still a dictator. He's never going to be a democrat.

That's ur foolish opinion. It has no basis. U Av a right to it though. grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by Firefire(m): 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
modath:

The onus is on him to prove himself worthless...

Don't start nitpicking on any perceived faults now, PMB didn't give him the ES job at TETFUND...

If you have any comma against him, keep it, it doesn't make no difference, nothing this govt will do is likely to get a pass mark from you, so stop caring!!

God, oro eeyin egbere yi ti su mi.. Always trying to create drama from everything damn thing!!

Sister,

Don't you think the INEC chair should come from another region, different from that of the president to give a feeling of being a good democrat like GEJ ?

What is your thought ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by sani99: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
stop wailing...did you not see it coming....change has come..Jega North,Yakubu North....2019 here we come

tabletman1:
With this appointment, all I have got to say is......

Fear North
Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by adjoviomole(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Firefire:

That should be the common sense.

Same liberal thought of Jonathan when he appointed INEC Chairman from another region.

What is Buhary up to ?

Only time will tell.

It makes me worry bro. Even obasanjo did not appoint inec chairman frm his region. Dey wer both igbo n I tink hausa....I just hope by 2019 we wunt have a repeat of 2011. May God have mercy on us sha.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman by sani99: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
YOU ALL SHOUTED CHANGE,CHANGE HAS COME AND YOU ARE HERE COMPLAINING....YOU HAVE SEEN NOTHING YET
saint047:
Not surprising that once again it is a Northerner.
Obviously a calculated attempt to perpetuate the
Northernization of Nigeria
The trend of past governments has been to pick
INEC chairmen from another region - and rightly
so, at least to be seen to be transparent and
dismiss any fears of ethnic bias. Buhari's attitude
is a crude, in-your-face northern agenda,
characteristic of an unlettered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Daughter Marries Aminu Sani Bello, As He Shares Her Photo / Late Chief Tony Anenih's Burial - Crowd Awaits The Arrival Of His Body / Announce Rivers Results Now Or Else - PDP Reacts As INEC Suspends Rivers Electio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.