Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner (11319 Views)

Poll: Will You?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Killed By Friend Who ‘slept’ With His Wife / Hillarious Encounter With A 419ner / If Your Brother/Sister Rapes You. Would You Turn Them In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2009
All 419ners have friends and relations who know that they are fraudsters? Assuming, you are one of those friends and relatives, will you hand them over to the police or EFCC?

Be sincere please!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 3:51pm On May 02, 2009
No one is talking?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Sissy3(f): 7:09am On May 03, 2009
i would
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2009
image not available commot NOW!

That's good
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Sissy3(f): 8:09pm On May 03, 2009
agabaI23:

image not available commot NOW!

That's good

peeping tom, wetin u dey find 4 ma profile tongue tongue
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 8:26pm On May 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

peeping tom, wetin u dey find 4 ma profile tongue tongue
Nah I was not peeping. I was only passing by the neighbourhood and thought I should say hello but no one was home! undecided
@topic

What if the person involved supports you financially? lets say he is your boyfriend or your brother. Will you still turn him in?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Sissy3(f): 8:46pm On May 03, 2009
agabaI23:

Nah I was not peeping. I was only passing by the neighbourhood and thought I should say hello but no one was home! undecided
@topic

What if the person involved supports you financially? lets say he is your boyfriend or your brother. Will you still turn him in?

akuko! . . the new surveillance officer in town cheesy cheesy

@ post

if i find out by bf was a 419ner i will try to convince him to stop or i quit and if he really cares about my feelings/opinions he will listen, i believe in the law of karma and i wouldn't want to partake in it.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 9:57pm On May 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

akuko! . . the new surveillance officer in town cheesy cheesy

ifo . . . . Lol at new surveillance officer. You bet I am not one. wink grin
~Sissy~:

if i find out by bf was a 419ner i will try to convince him to stop or i quit and if he really cares about my feelings/opinions he will listen, i believe in the law of karma and i wouldn't want to partake in it.
So if he refuses nko?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 11:53pm On May 03, 2009
will you or will you not?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by posakosa(m): 2:17am On May 04, 2009
Yes I will.

419ers, know NO bounds and will even STEAL or attempt to dupe you even if they know you as friends or relatives.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Sissy3(f): 3:06am On May 04, 2009
agabaI23:

will you or will you not?

honestly, if he refuses i will leave cox i be uncomfortable eating isi ewu and malt with someone's else hard earned money. it is not fair on my part and how am i even sure he wouldn't do it to someone i know like a relative and family member sef or even me? i cant trust such people cox anyone can fall prey to them including their own
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by FLGators1: 3:06am On May 04, 2009
@post

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I go fear am. . . .I don't want his bad business outside to come back to me or come back home.

Those bad boys usually atack friends and families of one of their gang members.

I'd turn him in b4 they come to attack me just to get back at him or to teach him a lesson.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:12am On May 04, 2009
I would turn in my own kid, why not a relative
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ztyle(m): 3:24am On May 04, 2009
uhm!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by SeanT21(f): 5:53am On May 04, 2009
It depends on how "close" we are!!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by server34(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2009
SeanT21:

It depends on how "close" we are!!

It also depends if the guy dey settle or not.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by osasp(m): 12:22pm On May 04, 2009
2 b honest i dont think i will. but i will defo avoid doing anything 'business' with him.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by adetunrayo(f): 12:45pm On May 04, 2009
I will
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by romeo(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2009
I will not.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by asha80(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2009
I certainly will not.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2009
K
~Sissy~:

honestly, if he refuses i will leave cox i be uncomfortable eating isi ewu and malt with someone's else hard earned money. it is not fair on my part and how am i even sure he wouldn't do it to someone i know like a relative and family member sef or even me? i cant trust such people cox anyone can fall prey to them including their own
eep the responses coming guys!
women and isiewu abi na nkwobi.

Anyway I think your reasoning is logical!

@Asha and romeo
Why won't you?

@Adetunrayo
Why will you do that if you wanna do? What if he is your breadwinner?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by presido1: 2:22pm On May 04, 2009
All of you saying "i will i will" itz easier said than done.
Well you have to define 419 for us. Who do we regard as 419ners.

Why should i turn him/her in sef? To answer good citizen?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Iyara(m): 2:46pm On May 04, 2009
Poster,
That would be difficult for several reasons.
1) Snitches are universally despised, much more so in Nigeria. Our country is like a great big ghetto where nobody gives information unless he absolutely has to. Not to mention against your own blood.  Even relatives of suspected armed robbers don't turn them in. No matter how noble your intentions are, society would turn against you and the criminal you helped lock up would be seen as a hero betrayed by his own blood.

2) Not that many Nigerians see the crime of 419 as a bad thing. Unlike robbery or ritual killing, it doesn't confer pariah status. Amongst some people, it's cool to be a yahoo boy. When people are attacking you for turning in a fraudster relative, the question they will ask is "Is it not ORDINARY 419? Did he KILL somebody?"

3) To report your relative to the authorities, you would need to collect hard evidence. That means going through their personal effects, email, documents, etc,

4) Those doing bad have relatives who hate what they're doing but would rather advise them or pray for God to touch them because of the emotional toll. It takes a lot to send your relative to jail, especially if you love that person. How terrible would you feel knowing that your brother is emaciated, has scabies and is getting raped every night in prison because you sent him there.

5) Your motives would be questioned. Nobody including the authorities, would believe that you're doing it to make Nigeria better. You would be accused of everything from jealousy to blackmail.

6) Report to whom? Nigerian Police??!! EFCC has lost some credibility since Ribadu left. What if the relative settles them successfully and escapes yawa? Trouble for you.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2009
Iyara:

Poster,
That would be difficult for several reasons.
1) Snitches are universally despised, much more so in Nigeria. Our country is like a great big ghetto where nobody gives information unless he absolutely has to. Not to mention against your own blood. Even relatives of suspected armed robbers don't turn them in. No matter how noble your intentions are, society would turn against you and the criminal you helped lock up would be seen as a hero betrayed by his own blood.

2) Not that many Nigerians see the crime of 419 as a bad thing. Unlike robbery or ritual killing, it doesn't confer pariah status. Amongst some people, it's cool to be a yahoo boy. When people are attacking you for turning in a fraudster relative, the question they will ask is "Is it not ORDINARY 419? Did he KILL somebody?"

3) To report your relative to the authorities, you would need to collect hard evidence. That means going through their personal effects, email, documents, etc,

4) Those doing bad have relatives who hate what they're doing but would rather advise them or pray for God to touch them because of the emotional toll. It takes a lot to send your relative to jail, especially if you love that person. How terrible would you feel knowing that your brother is emaciated, has scabies and is getting raped every night in prison because you sent him there.

5) Your motives would be questioned. Nobody including the authorities, would believe that you're doing it to make Nigeria better. You would be accused of everything from jealousy to blackmail.

6) Report to whom? Nigerian Police??!! EFCC has lost some credibility since Ribadu left. What if the relative settles them successfully and escapes yawa? Trouble for you.

Good one there bro. Why then do we complain that 419ners are rubbishing our name?
presido1:

All of you saying "i will i will" itz easier said than done.
Well you have to define 419 for us. Who do we regard as 419ners.

Why should i turn him/her in sef? To answer good citizen?
Who knows? The hard fact is how do you prove he is a 419ner?
Assuming you can prove that will you go ahead?

Assuming also you will not wanna turn him in, will you be strong enough to boycot his assistance monetary or otherwise?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by presido1: 3:02pm On May 04, 2009
Iyara:

Report to whom? Nigerian Police??!! EFCC has lost some credibility since Ribadu left. What if the relative settles them successfully and escapes yawa? Trouble for you.
Nigerian Police and EFCC(With or without Ribadu) are the same. Criminals.!!! You turn a 419ner to a criminal. Our government is populated by the so called 419ners, criminals we all know that.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 3:05pm On May 04, 2009
EFCC was more efficient under Ribadu.

Not saying he was a saint but at least he was thorough against non-OBJ friends! I think undecided
So far they have not been able to hang any corruption allegation on him. You bet the would have done that if he soiled his hands.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by asha80(m): 3:11pm On May 04, 2009
@agaba123

Most of the people in goverment are '419' guys.Throughout the history of nigerians we have been 419ned if there is any word like this.Why should i turn in a relation when the system itself is 419 personified?

However this does not mean i will defend him if he is caught and sent to jail but for me to go out of my way to hand him in, i no get time for that.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 3:14pm On May 04, 2009
Asha thanks for the nice reply.

Assuming everybody that knows a 419ner turns turns him in will it by any means help Nigeria.

Lets say we have an effective EFCC that is willing to prosecute while shielding the identity of the whistle blower. Will you still not be will to turn him in?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by tkb417(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2009
what will the Police give me for blowing the lid?
if blowing the lid will make me be a responsible citizen, then i die an irresponsible person.

whats my fcking relationship with a govt. whos not doing anything for me? then turning in my own relative for the corrupt govt?
that singular act may make me lose heaven grin

Let the govt arrest him or her by themselves, as for me playing inspector gadget?
No way!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ekoboy: 3:18pm On May 04, 2009
I WILL NOT!
See lies everywhere. All these people saying they will turn in, how many of your friends and relations have you turned in all your lives or are saying you've never known a friend or relationship  doing something bad.

I will advice the friend or relationship to stop and will distance myself from him or her but to turn in , i don't think so.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by platinumnk(f): 3:24pm On May 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I would turn in my own kid, why not a relative

I dont believe you sad
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:25pm On May 04, 2009
and why is that hard to believe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ibori’s Conviction Gulped £14m, Says Senate / Valentine: Man Burnt To Death Over Stolen Gifts For Lover! / Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Three Teachers In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.