Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff (20505 Views)

Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff / Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by repogirl(f): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
[size=22pt]Incase you don't know, Nigeria's economy has entered a full fledged recession! The country is economically dead![/size]
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by olutunde12(m): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
Squad4:
Do you even know the full story?
All of you are here talking rubbish!

You who know the full story say it now. They have been promoted abi? Or they want to had to their saalries or buhari his working or what?

Buhari, Nigeria is breaking down. Dont let syncophants deceive you like they did your predecessors!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Gynacologist(m): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
CharlyNick:
Lesson learnt: DON'T DEPEND ON YOUR JOB.

IF YOU ARE IN PORT-HARCOURT, DON'T MISS MY IMPORTATION BUSINESS TRAINING FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO GO INTO IMPORTATION
rily will lyk to knw more abt dis importation stuff....presently in pH still searching fo a job...aw do we get in touch?
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by kelvinovie(m): 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
September 2015, warri refining and petrochemical company, a subsidiary of NNPC, sacks 700 backup staffs or support staffs, which ever name the nominated minister Mr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu (GMD) can not deny knowledge of. He tactically avoided the non payment of salaries to the backup staffs or support staffs,which are being owned 7 to 12 months salaries. When asked by one of the senator's, in the ministerial screening. Nigeria politicians showing they are smart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
The reason is that govt has restricted the dollar and most companies rely on dollars to import their raw materials into the country for production.I wonder why buhari aides are not educating him on this
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
Gynacologist:
rily will lyk to knw more abt dis importation stuff....presently in pH still searching fo a job...aw do we get in touch?
If he ask you for money,just know it's a scam
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by dapsonlou(m): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
They Fired them because the staff wanted to unionize. No Company will allow that. Radisson Blu did the same when the Employees were demanding for union. They rehire new staffs months later.
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Pavarottii(m): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
Squad4:

Ask the OP to do that and stop being sensational! Be objective for once! What did they do that made them to receive the sack? or they were just doing their job and they upped and sacked them?
My friend Shut up!
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by dapsonlou(m): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
Love Machine:
The reason is that govt has restricted the dollar and most companies rely on dollars to import their raw materials into the country for production.I wonder why buhari aides are not educating him on this

Godwin Emefiele is the one who Put the restrictions on Dollars not Pmb.

1 Like

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by dwag: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
If the company was doing things rightly, the staff wouldn't of protested. The manage know the right thing to so stop intimidating them with sack test msg and letters. Working in nigerdock is synonymous to monkey dey work baboon dey chop. The management should do the needful, staffs will never protest if they are nt in pains.the nigerdock case, they have been pushed to the wall. I wish the right authorities are seeing this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
dapsonlou:
They Fired them because the staff wanted to unionize. No Company will allow that. Radisson Blu did the same when the Employees were demanding for union. They rehire new staffs months later.
They are being cheated and underpaid,hence,they want to form a union.
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by dapsonlou(m): 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
Love Machine:
They are being cheated and underpaid,hence,they want to form a union.

Union destroys and hold Company Hostage. I don't want any organization telling me how much to pay my Workers.
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
dapsonlou:

Union destroys and hold Company Hostage. I don't want any organization telling me how much to pay my Workers.
You want to be a slave master ba?
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by godwin120alex: 11:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
PMB and d senate sld be fast with their clowns (ministers) so dat work can start cos biz is stagant and nothing is working. Unemployent increasing
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by CharlyNick: 11:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
Gynacologist:

My contacts are on my Signature below
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by AfroBlue(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2015
been reading some evil stories about that place the last few years

Wednesday, November 2, 2011
GOH! There's a 'whites only' restaurant at Nigerdock, Apapa?
Information reaching me now is that there's a 'Whites only' restaurant in the premises of Nigerdock, Apapa, Lagos. The British management of the corporation has dedicated one particular restaurant to their white staff and all blacks dine in all others.

Nigerdock is owned by the people of Nigeria but managed by a British group.

This is wrong, right? I'm putting this out here so the right authorities can go investigate...
Posted by Linda Ikeji at 1:42 PM

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2011/11/goh-theres-whites-only-restaurant-at.html

Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) - Career - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2581829/police-teargas-nigerdock-staff-over

White Man Calls Nigerian Workers Black Monkeys - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/677302/white-man-calls-nigerian-workers

Our white bosses call us 'black monkeys' - Nigerdock workers

Kunle Falayi

Some Nigerians working at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc, Snake Island, Lagos, have accused one of their white bosses, Mr. Nicholas Marriot, of racially abusing them, calling them "black monkeys." They claimed that Marriot use the derogatory term while expressing his displeasure about the quality of jobs done by some workers.
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Godmother(f): 12:57am On Oct 23, 2015
Squad4:

Ask the OP to do that and stop being sensational! Be objective for once! What did they do that made them to receive the sack? or they were just doing their job and they upped and sacked them?

Are you saying 1400 workers erred? Isn't that a little hard to believe.
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by tunde1200(m): 2:51am On Oct 23, 2015
Really?
Please how!.

bigapple7:
dont blame d management many of d dock wrkers are thiefssssssss
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by SmartMugu: 4:52am On Oct 23, 2015
AfroBlue:
been reading some evil stories about that place the last few years

Wednesday, November 2, 2011
GOH! There's a 'whites only' restaurant at Nigerdock, Apapa?
Information reaching me now is that there's a 'Whites only' restaurant in the premises of Nigerdock, Apapa, Lagos. The British management of the corporation has dedicated one particular restaurant to their white staff and all blacks dine in all others.

Nigerdock is owned by the people of Nigeria but managed by a British group.

This is wrong, right? I'm putting this out here so the right authorities can go investigate...
Posted by Linda Ikeji at 1:42 PM

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2011/11/goh-theres-whites-only-restaurant-at.html

Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) - Career - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2581829/police-teargas-nigerdock-staff-over

White Man Calls Nigerian Workers Black Monkeys - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/677302/white-man-calls-nigerian-workers

Our white bosses call us 'black monkeys' - Nigerdock workers

Kunle Falayi

Some Nigerians working at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc, Snake Island, Lagos, have accused one of their white bosses, Mr. Nicholas Marriot, of racially abusing them, calling them "black monkeys." They claimed that Marriot use the derogatory term while expressing his displeasure about the quality of jobs done by some workers.

It's called white supremacy. They're only in Nigeria because they believe they can still control Nigerians via the weaknesses of our leaders. It just hurts at this age to know we are gradually getting back to the slave days.
Common Indians that were controlled by the british are wiser than us, and are now seeing us as the slaves they were at certain time to the British. They are taking advantage of our potentials and taking the stupidity of our leaders to their advantage.

Isn't that how some of our lost gone heroes were enslaved in the first place? The slave masters brought gun powders, and foreign gins to the leaders and they fell for that crap, and allowed everyone they wanted to be taken to their land against their personal will, not knowing those they took will end up developing their lands for them with ours still as messed u up as it is now for even before most of us reading this were born.

Sorry bro, if our leaders don't see anything wrong with it, I guess that's what most of us voted for.

Why do you think some African leaders are hated or some like Gaddafi were murdered? Simply because they fought against that type of exploitation at this age. But duhhh, it still happens in the face of our so-called leaders that don't even understand the big picture.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by dedons: 6:01am On Oct 23, 2015
Seun:
Can your friend send a picture of the said front gate?
grin
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by tunde1200(m): 6:01am On Oct 23, 2015
I confirmed this from a friend staff of Nigerdock,its true.
Everything started from demonstration on non payment of their load out bonuses and wide gap of pay between white and blacks.

But I wish this could happen in my Aviation sector too where Expertrate earned my 2years salary in 1 month alone.

May almighty punish NLC from the Head to tail staff.
Amin!.
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by poca4real(m): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2015
See the notice letter for clarification

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by dfav: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2015
why cant the Senate & NLC jst make sure that the foreigners including Indians & Chinese are sent out of Nigerian work-force.

as per Niger-dock; U jst close the company down until they recall the workers.

is it wrong to fight for your right like Pension; better welfare; Tax & pay raise?
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by dapsonlou(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2015
Love Machine:
You want to be a slave master ba?

My Guy currently I have 67 employees, my business started with a loan and lots of Sacrifice. When Eco Bank was Knocking my Door to pay up , was the union there? Employees will still get their Salaries regardless. So now that things are Sweet, no one have the Right to be Demanding, I know how much I can afford to pay Each position, if you are not interested plenty of people want that opportunity.
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by 123papas(m): 8:43am On Oct 23, 2015
is there a law in Nigeria that says that a firm must employ people. No projects, there is famine in the land. Nigerdock should pay them off handsomely
Missonas:
Maybe they want the Nigerians to dock
On the real tho this is sad.They have the right to sue. Hembelembe! o lo lo lo
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by 123papas(m): 8:45am On Oct 23, 2015
A lot of Nigerians can float a similar CPY, but they will not invest instead they will be buying skyscrapers in Dubai. You can blame foreigners that came to Nigeria to make money not to lose money
dfav:
why cant the Senate & NLC jst make sure that the foreigners including Indians & Chinese are sent out of Nigerian work-force.

is it wrong to fight for your right like Pension; better welfare; Tax & pay raise?
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by 123papas(m): 8:48am On Oct 23, 2015
lobatan
repogirl:
[size=22pt]Incase you don't know, Nigeria's economy has entered a full fledged recession! The country is economically dead![/size]
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by 123papas(m): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2015
Nigerdock is a project based organization. People come and go as projects are available. I was certain that people will go as they are no new investment in the oil and gas industry due to the drop in oil price.
dfav:

Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Missonas(f): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2015
123papas:
is there a law in Nigeria that says that a firm must employ people. No projects, there is famine in the land. Nigerdock should pay them off handsomely
Theres no law neither is there one in place that advocates for impartiality.Yea thats why they should sue and get their pay. We all knw hw the story will end if they dont
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by Louislewis: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2015
[size=18pt]APC stands for Change. A "CHANGE" by definition is transformation from one form to another. APC change can either be negative or positive. APC change for employment rate today is changing... There are achieving their objectives. 1400 staff sacked. 60,000 employees have lost their jobs for the past 4months. We are experiencing the word "CHANGE" Body language is influencing serious change in this direction.[/size]
Re: Nigerdock Sacks 1400 Nigerians Staff Left Its Expatriate Staff by folajoy09(f): 10:25am On Oct 23, 2015
Nigerdock should please recall them and settle the case amicably with the workers inasmuch as what what they are demanding for is not up to what they get in a week. A familiar devil is better than unknown angel. The workers should come down and reason with their employer o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Becomes Chief Superintendent Of Police / Staff Of Rivers Development Agency Protest Over 24months Salary Owed By Wike(pix / Lose Weight Or You Risk Losing Your Job. Customs Boss Charge Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.