Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) (6803 Views)

Ibos React With Hashtags / Hundreds Of Igbos Training How To Shoot Gun PICS VIDEO / Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
During the 1940s and 1950s the Igbo and Yoruba parties were in the forefront of the fight for independence from Britain. They also wanted an independent Nigeria to be organized into several small states so that the conservative North could not dominate the country. Northern leaders, fearful that independence would mean political and economic domination by the more Westernized elites in the South, preferred the perpetuation of British rule. As a condition for accepting independence, they demanded that the country continue to be divided into three regions with the North having a clear majority. Igbo and Yoruba leaders, anxious to obtain an independent country at all costs, accepted the Northern demands.
*coined from Wikki*

*Igbos, we are not ur enemy, we want d same tin, to b successful, fruitful,industrious nd peace

*during d biafran war, my grandfather helped a group of escaping ibos Wu stumbled on his farm in ondo state. he provided for dem till d war wz over. + one of our relative disappeared wen he joined d Nigerian army, till date no body, no news, he just vanished.

* awololwo or Yoruba did nt betray u, we stopped d extinction of d ibos by putting d final blow dat brought negotiation nd ended d war. if nt,dey wud b scattered across d earth.

*we still want those Wu perpetuated evil during d war tried in d ICC, dead or alive.

reason for creating this is because of the numerous insults and fights dat has nd still happening on this platform. AFONJAS luv u Igbos.......but if u tink it's nt enuff, carry ur guns n March to d barrack.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Igboesika: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
We love you too, but we want to have our own country because histories and events have taught us a lot. There is an igbo adage that says '' Egbubie kechiee, onaghizi ezu".

Everybody should answer his father's name and we can even be good neighbours as well like Ghana and Nigeria. I think it would be ok like that.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by oluwalfa: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
I just read my signature and it is a fitting reply.

3 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nice one. Hating does not do anybody any good.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by UCcrownboy: 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nice one, except the last sentence.
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by vani86: 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
To my fellow igbos, in other to be a force to be reckoned with against the north, we really have to forget what happened before any of us here was born. And unite as a collective south.

As Christians, even the bible preach forgiveness, the people we hate today had little to no direct influence during the war. The betrayers are long dead it dying.

Let us unite and have one voice, only them will the northerners be defeated.

3 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by sEGXY2(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
abeg all those tribal rants no pass social media jor! me and Chinedu go still chaw Isi ewu and beer this evening after e don blast my tribe for sahara reporters and nairaland, all in all love conquers all and at the end of the day we realize we're all victims trapped in an unjust system

12 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Godprotectigbo5(f): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
To all my ofonjas , abakuku , brown roofer Igbo love u all

all the bashing is just here so ofonjas should not take it personal

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by pchukwudi: 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
How exactly do you forgive an arrogant and grossly ignorant child who continues to justify the sin of his father?

* awololwo or Yoruba did nt betray u, we stopped d extinction of d ibos by putting d final blow dat brought negotiation nd ended d war. if nt,dey wud b scattered across d earth.

Here's the clown justifying the same sadistic man who did not only impose a wicked and illegal policy that starved millions of Biafran women and children to death but also actively sabotaged the AU peace process that was initiated by Zik. A process which Ojukwu was fully compiant to.

So, Mr. naevity, those who neglect their history are likely to have their future destroyed by their past.

And I think you are d$#3@&" for calling out the Igbos. The reality is that the Igbos are the most forgiving group in this country. They may not forget, but they easily forgive. Otherwise, can you tell me any other ethnic group that integrates with all parts of this nation the way the Igbos have been doing for decades? Mind you, this is in spite of the brutal genocide and many institutionalized injustice they've suffered and continue to suffer in the country.

Thus, if truly you are Igbo, I sincerely implore you to wake up before you totally lose it.

vani86:
To my fellow igbos, in other to be a force to be reckoned with against the north, we really have to forget what happened before any of us here was born. And unite as a collective south.

As Christians, even the bible preach forgiveness, the people we hate today had little to no direct influence during the war. The betrayers are long dead it dying.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by afonjaheadhunt: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
OP Abeg make I Sidon here small grin

To all head hunters, skull miners, history revisionist and propagandist Igbo's love you all too grin

No hate it's just for Nairaland and nairaland Afonja e-warriors, oya op no cry again, u hear grin cheesy

Sowi... tongue

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Igboesika: 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
vani86:

Until you mix oil and water.
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Etogist: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Etogist: 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
I don't think Igbos hate Afonjas. All the Igbos want is for Afonjas to mind their business and stop meddling into IPOB matter. We bless those that bless Biafra and curse those that curse Biafra.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
Etogist:
I don't think Igbos hate Afonjas. All the Igbos want is
for Afonjas to mind their business and stop meddling
into IPOB matter. We bless those that bless Biafra and
curse those that curse Biafra.
...but you have failed to differentiate ipob from biafra, would the struggle for biafra die with ipob?the people that would fight against seccession of biafra is the fulani/hausa oligarchy and those that benefit so much from the corrupt system of nigeria as it is today...thats a topic for another day
There are hate speeches and calls for mass murder of the yorubas and others credited to nnamdi kanu/ipob, you would nt expect any sane person to accept that in any way...thats the root of the divide as far as biafra is concerned.
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by farokkunle: 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
Truth be told as an hardcore IPOB,

I have blood related yoruba cousin's ,

I don't even know why ? I have been thinking about it , God .

but I prefer Biafra or confederation .

to me alone I will go with IPOB . cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by irrefragable: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
kingsouthie:

...but you have failed to differentiate ipob from biafra, would the struggle for biafra die with ipob?the people that would fight against seccession of biafra is the fulani/hausa oligarchy and those that benefit so much from the corrupt system of nigeria as it is today...thats a topic for another day
There are hate speeches and calls for mass murder of the yorubas and others credited to nnamdi kanu/ipob, you would nt expect any sane person to accept that in any way...thats the root of the divide as far as biafra is concerned.
why are you afonjas so hypocritical? You remember NnamdiKanus hate speech but completely forget your oba akiolu who said first.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by DocHMD: 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Biafrans don't hate anyone, they just want to be left alone. They are tired of being part of retrogressive Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by DocHMD: 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
irrefragable:
why are you afonjas so hypocritical? You remember NnamdiKanus hate speech but completely forget your oba akiolu who said first.

That's the problem with these creatures called yorubas, their Oba started hate speeches against Igbos, when called to order, they said the Oba doesn't apologize and even held a protest to defend the Oba and malign the Igbos. The records are there.

Now they want you to pretend to have forgotten their own crime which preceeded Kanu's speeches and then condemn yourself.
Can you see the kind of creatures some ignorant ones are begging us to unite with?

18 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by WorldRichest: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
Iro ni. I don't like Ibo guys. I only love Ibo girls, they are too good in bed. They can make you will your entire church titthe to them. I think they have been prostituting from the womb. You see them in all hotels all over the world selling their worthless body even giving our men of god spiritual inspirations on the bed e.g. Stephanie Otobo, Daniella Okeke, Cossy Orjiakor Vs Alfa Sule a.k.a Apostle Suleiman Vs Pastor David Ibiyeomie

3 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
irrefragable:
...is biafra is not more than apc/pdp to you?what business does Pastor Kumuyi have with biafra or apc? please quit this hatred and know your true enemies
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by NwaforIgbo: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
pchukwudi:
How exactly do you forgive an arrogant and grossly ignorant child who continues to justify the sin of his father?

Here's the clown justifying the same sadistic man who did not only impose a wicked and illegal policy that starved millions of Biafran women and children to death but also actively sabotaged the AU peace process that was initiated by Zik. A process which Ojukwu was fully compiant to.

So, Mr. naevity, those who neglect their history are likely to have their future destroyed by their past.

And I think you are d$#3@&" for calling out the Igbos. The reality is that the Igbos are the most forgiving group in this country. They may not forget, but they easily forgive. Otherwise, can you tell me any other ethnic group that integrates with all parts of this nation the way the Igbos have been doing for decades? Mind you, this is in spite of the brutal genocide and many institutionalized injustice they've suffered and continue to suffer in the country.

Thus, if truly you are Igbo, I sincerely implore you to wake up before you totally lose it.

I sincerely agree with the op, we should keep sentiments aside. Repeating all those past sin does not do any good. We need to rather cement the east-west relationship. I may not agree with his account about awolowo's role in the war, but even if I don't, how does it change the present situation. In timesbloke this, we need allies not enemies, even if we can do it alone, what is wrong in having an Allie.
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
DocHMD:

That's the problem with these creatures called yorubas, their Oba started hate speeches against Igbos, when called to order, they said the Oba doesn't apologize and even held a protest to defend the Oba and malign the Igbos. The records are there.

Now they want you to pretend to have forgotten their own crime which preceeded Kanu's speeches and then condemn yourself.
Can you see the kind of creatures some ignorant ones are begging us to unite with?
the apc in lagos state have accomodated igbos well by appointing them to serve as commissioners or special advisers and then in time for election you want to back stab them to support an opposition party? isnt that an insult to the oba being in full support of the apc? if your village head is challenged by outsiders accomodated in his domain what would you expect him to do?leave pdp/apc fight out of biafra please
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by NwaforIgbo: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Igboesika:

Until you mix oil and water.

I am Igbo and I forgive them too, how has enimity helped us?
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by irrefragable: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
kingsouthie:

...is biafra is not more than apc/pdp to you?what business does Pastor Kumuyi have with biafra or apc? please quit this hatred and know your true enemies
I'm not talking about pastor kumuyi. But your oba akiolu rilwan. See how you tactically dodged the question.

5 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by NwaforIgbo: 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
DocHMD:

Please don't start this again. Are u not tired? Who has all this record keeping helped?
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by pchukwudi: 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
That's the problem you guys have. You look for peace at the expense of justice.

Any wonder why, inspite of all the propaganda, lies, politicking and political correctness, the peace you so covet has remained elusive to you more than 50 years now?.

The earlier you folks realize that having a lasting peace in this country will not be possible without justice, equity and truth, the better for everyone.

And you cannot claim to want peace now when you actively and PRESENTLY justify the past evils perpetuated by your ancestors.

Wherever there WAS opression, there cannot be peace without repentance (sometimes followed by restitution). But in the case of OP, not only was he not repentant, he IS actually justifying the evils and opporession that were carried out by his ancestors . Why? Probably because if given another opportunity, he will not hesitate to repeat the same scenario.

So, as I mentioned earlier, there's a huge difference between forgiveness and forgetfulness.

NwaforIgbo:

I sincerely agree with the op, we should keep sentiments aside. Repeating all those past sin does not do any good. We need to rather cement the east-west relationship. I may not agree with his account about awolowo's role in the war, but even if I don't, how does it change the present situation. In timesbloke this, we need allies not enemies, even if we can do it alone, what is wrong in having an Allie.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by pchukwudi: 5:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
You perfectly captured one of the inreconcilable differences between the igbo and yoruba cultures.

For example, you're quick to justify your Oba's hate speech; and insist that it was right to threaten Igbos with mass murder if they ever refuse to be deprived of their political franchise and constitutional rights to vote whomsoever they wish to be the governor (by their individual convictions) simply because they reside in Lagos.

But you missed one thing: "Igbo ama eze",

Igbo ama eze loosly means that no one dictates to an average igbo man what to do.

And that's not "an insult" to anyone as you taged it...

It's simply a CULTURAL thing...

It's in them...

Igbo MEN do not bend down to salute their rulers or elders.

To you that may be an insult, but to igbos it's a normal culture of individuality and personal assertiveness.

Paherps this is another cultural reason you should conceed to those who insist that they want out.

kingsouthie:

the apc in lagos state have accomodated igbos well by appointing them to serve as commissioners or special advisers and then in time for election you want to back stab them to support an opposition party? isnt that an insult to the oba being in full support of the apc? if your village head is challenged by outsiders accomodated in his domain what would you expect him to do?leave pdp/apc fight out of biafra please

13 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
pchukwudi:
You perfectly captured one of the inreconcilable differences between the igbo and yoruba cultures.

For example, you're quick to justify your Oba's hate speech; and insist that it was right to threaten Igbos with mass murder if they ever refuse to be deprived of their political franchise and constitutional rights to vote whomsoever they wish to be the governor (by their individual convictions) simply because they reside in Lagos.

Igbo ama eze loosly means that no one dictates to an average igbo man what to do.

And that's not "an insult" to any one as you taged it...

It's in them...

To you that may be an insult, but to igbos it's a normal culture of individuality and personal assertiveness.

Paherps this is another cultural reason you should conceed to those who insist that they want out.

no im not trying to justify anything,im just pointing the fact it is a common reaction from people in power, igbo or yoruba or where ever...dont pretend you dont know what i mean
Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by Ejanla07: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
NwaforIgbo:

Please don't start this again. Are u not tired? Who has all this record keeping helped?

Kno ur past then ur future is secured

1 Like

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by pchukwudi: 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
No, that's not a common reaction in the South East. Otherwise someone like Ojukwu would not lose any election in the region - but he did. Why? Because no single individual ever has the right or power to DICTATE actions to people. Even sitting governors have been resisted by the people in the south east let alone a traditional ruler.

Fact is, you simply CANNOT comprehend what I'm saying here. Why? Because the concepts of individualism and democracy are totally alien in your culture.

kingsouthie:

no im not trying to justify anything,im just pointing the fact it is a common reaction from people in power, igbo or yoruba or where ever...dont pretend you dont know what i mean

11 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by pchukwudi: 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
Until you start keeping accurate records you will keep getting pushed around by every dick and harry. And will never stop running around the same circle of limitations both at present and in the future generations.

NwaforIgbo:

7 Likes

Re: To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) by chibuzorAbia: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
pchukwudi:

And that's not "an insult" to any one as you taged it...

It's in them...

If Igbo don't want to be dictated to, or submit to other people's culture and civility, shouldnt they just stay at home? And live peacefully in their ancestors land in the culture they are familiar with?

As a Yoruba man I have no apologies to give any refuge seekers living in my ancestral land. Period!!! And they are not living all over Nigeria out of love but due to the poverty and lack of resources in Igboland??

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Update~newly Established SWAT Uniform / Direct Primaries: APC Await Buhari's Decision As Tripartite Committee Deadlocked / Lagos #EndSARS Panel Submits Report — After Over One Year Of Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.