Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,661 members, 7,844,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (673964 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiah11: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
zimoni:

I thought you'd left for good.

When did you return?

what's the point of those pictures?

did you create those people or did you create yourself?

Fear God.

and don't respond to any comment of mine with s.tupidity, do you get that?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firefire:
I will not agree to the idea of further driving the Taxes upward in Lagos, we are already under heavy and double taxation of different kinds...
- PAYE
- Consumption Tax
- Land Use Charge
- Etc
And yet social / infrastructure facilities are not evenly distributed.
I think the solution would be to develop standard transportation system, e.g Either low -high speed trains to connect cities, like in Europe...

Omo onile tax
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
People stop replying tpiah11, let her keep talking to herself.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
Shymm3x:

I concur.

The people in Lagos are just too many for the infrastructures there and no matter what they do, the pressure will always overwhelm whatever infrastructures they build there.

Lagos needs a rapid depopulation exercise/drive before they start adding more to what is now already a snarled-up gigantic ghetto.

They need to move a lot of things out the place and give it one identity. You don't even the crowd in the people to generate a lot of revenue - banking and servicing alone, if well managed, should be able to sustain Lagos. The meagre IGR the crowd contribute is not worth the pressure they put on the infrastructures there.

They might as well give the pikeys a functional seaport somewhere in the South South and start diverting all their goods. Lagos should only serve the SW. Then move a lot of industries, especially manufacturing, to Ogun and Oyo. Then move other things to other parts of the SW.

Edited

Notable idea.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by anonimi: 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
IlekeHD:

Why do you want to reduce exchange of ideas here?
Are you AFRAID that your lackluster comments may be recognised for what they are- lackluster?

Abeg let the exchange of ideas flow freely so we all can learn and grow therefrom.
Thanks.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
anonimi:

Why do you want to reduce exchange of ideas here?
Are you AFRAID that your lackluster comments may be recognised for what they are- lackluster?

Abeg let the exchange of ideas flow freely so we all can learn and grow therefrom.
Thanks.

Ok go through tpia's posts and tell us what ideas she has exchanged.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
tpiah11:

what's the point of those pictures?

did you create those people or did you create yourself?

Fear God.

and don't respond to any comment of mine with s.tupidity, do you get that?

Yes Ma.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
superstar1:

The only way Lagos can ever be depopulated is if and only if Biafra sees the light of day.

Those guys keep migrating to Lagos on a daily basis like the Syrians are migrating to Europe.

Though, if other congruent cities also up their game, it will stem the wave of migration from other places into Lagos.

More reason why Biafra has to become a country and I could care less if they swallow up the whole of the South South and start fighting a never ending civil war there - as long as they don't trouble the SW.

Lagos has a lot of potential but the population explosion in the state will never let it attain its full potentials. Whatever infrastructures they build will always be a waste cos the population will always overwhelm the infrastructures. And the more you make it attractive - the more folks are going to start trooping in. Lose lose situation for everyone involved.

All major cities in the world depopulate from time to time for these reasons. Just do a comparative analysis of the population increment percentile in Lagos over the last 30 years and compare it with cities like London, Paris, New York et al - and you'll see the difference. While the rest have maintained almost the same population during this period - the population of Lagos has increased by over 300%. Isn't that a humanitarian crisis? How can a state as small as that cater to all these people? How can you even plan and execute effective governance with this type of population growth that's an anomaly?

Lagos also needs to do more and stop sucking up everything, while denying the rest the necessary growth. There's only so much you can put in one city. And a city has to have an identity and a unique thing it's known for - and not jack of all trades.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Can we get this thread back on track?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Lushore1: 12:01am On Nov 07, 2015
NIGERIAN PROFESSOR AWARDED $1.1 MILLION TO STUDY NOVEL BREAST CANCER TREATMENT byLushore1: 8:20pm On Jul 10

WASHINGTON (July 8, 2015) – Emmanuel O. Akala, Ph.D., director of the Center for Drug Research and Development, has been awarded a prestigious NIH/National Cancer Institute grant of $1,132,500 for three years to support innovative breast cancer research. 

Dr. Akala also is professor of pharmaceutics in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the College of Pharmacy. The project title is “Novel Nanotechnology Platform for Breast Cancer Treatment.”  

The human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) over expression has been reported in 20%–25% of all breast cancers and is associated with a poor prognosis. The grant will assist Dr. Akala to develop multifunctional polymeric nanoparticles to test the hypothesis that tri-modal combination nanoparticles will prove more effective with less toxicity than current standard of care therapies for HER2-positive breast cancers. This nanotechnology platform for breast cancer treatment will, when completed, bring to bear the combined power of a chemotherapeutic agent, molecular targeted therapy and HSP90 inhibitor, to overcome HER2 breast cancer resistance with minimal toxicity. 

A second grant is a collaboration between Dr. Akala and Dr. Oleg Bol'shakov of South Ural State University in Russia. The one-year, $110,000 grant will be funded by CRDF Global, an independent nonprofit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration between international researchers.  Dr. Bol’shakov is a former post-doctoral fellow who trained under Dr. Akala’s supervision.  

Dr. Akala received his Bachelor of Pharmacy degree in 1980 from the University of Ife in Ile-Ife, Nigeria and his Ph.D. degree from the University of Manchester, England. He also served as a DAAD Research Fellow with the German Academic Exchange Program in1993, which gave him the opportunity to conduct research in Germany.He is a registered pharmacist in Nigeria, Utah, Maryland and Washington, D.C.  Dr. Akala has made significant contributions to the College of Pharmacy and was honored as the 2013 Distinguished Faculty Member of the Year” by the Howard University School of Pharmacy Alumni Association. 

About Howard University:

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:03am On Nov 07, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

The brain of the average romani has been programmed in such a way that he sees Lagos as a "holy site". They pronounce it as "citee". Even if the FG builds a seaport far better than the ones in Lagos in the South-East or South-South,they still won't make use of it

In other climes, goods are shipped to the nearest port to the delivery address. I'm sure those who import goods put addresses on them. So why is it difficult to effect a policy as simple as that?

And if they don't comply and probably start using Lagos addresses. Then the onus is on them to start sending goods to their region based on the names. They need to depopulate Lagos. All these light rails or whatever would be overwhelmed by that crazy population. Especially in a country like Nigeria where maintenance culture is non-existent.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiah11: 12:11am On Nov 07, 2015
IlekeHD:

many of your comments and attitude on this forum consist of nothing more than people should not talk to anyone who is not on your payroll.

are you seriously that insecure and witchlike?

You and your ilk are extremely narrow-minded and paranoid, but I blame the folks who are enabling you sha.

one non-Yoruba was even insulting his father on your account?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:14am On Nov 07, 2015
tpiah11:

many of your comments and attitude on this forum consist of nothing more than people should not talk to anyone who is not on your payroll.

are you seriously that insecure and witchlike?

You and your ilk are extremely narrow-minded and paranoid, but I blame the folks who are enabling you sha.

one non-Yoruba was even insulting his father on your account?

Whatever
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:25am On Nov 07, 2015
Someone create a thread for this'

[size=14pt]Fulbright brings Nigerian-born dental professor full circle
[/size]

By EMILY YU ・ 4 hours ago

After receiving a Fulbright Scholarship, one Nigerian-born Penn Dental professor will take his expertise back to his roots.

Penn Dental professor Sunday Akintoye was recently selected as a Fulbright Scholar, as which he will teach and research back in Nigeria for 10 months starting next January.

The Fulbright project will further strengthen Akintoye’s cross-border experiences researching and practicing dentistry.

“This is good timing for me because it’s a time when I can take care of those from African communities, covering teaching and training as well as research,” he said.

Drawn to the United States for its advanced dental research infrastructure and resources, Akintoye will now be able to exercise quality care in his African hometown.

“There is a lot of work to be done in this geographical area," he said.

In a recent interview with the Penn Dental Medicine Journal, Akintoye extended his hope that the project would “act as a bridge to bring American and Nigerian cultures together for the betterment of tomorrow."

Akintoye’s academic interest focuses on basic and translational research on alleviating orofacial complications of cancer therapy, which affect patients' mouths and jaws. He has researched projects supported by the National Institutes of Health and the American Cancer Society.

Aside from his academic interest in dental medicine, Akintoye also finds fulfillment serving as part of Penn’s faculty. Akintoye works as a mentor in the School of Dental Medicine and teaches a variety of undergraduate courses.

“I really enjoy mentoring … It’s very rewarding to see my mentees finishing dental school, go to residence programs and come back to academia,” Akintoye said. He is currently developing a new course on bone biology and spends time regularly practicing dentistry at Penn’s dental clinic.

A Nigerian native, Akintoye was first trained in dentistry at the University of Lagos Dental School, where he graduated in 1980. After practicing dentistry for some time after graduation, he reverted to dental research and pursued his interest in the U.S., earning his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from New York University's College of Dentistry. He then completed a Master’s degree in oral biology at New York University. Before he joined Penn Dental’s standing faculty in 2003, Akintoye was trained at the National Institute for Dental and Craniofacial Research with an oral medicine and clinical training residency.

“I developed my interest in dental medicine while getting trained in Lagos," Akintoye said. “My passion for dental- and healthcare came naturally as I developed skill sets to care for other people."

http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/11/fulbright-award-allows-nigerian-born-dental-professor-to-return-to-his-roots
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 12:28am On Nov 07, 2015
IlekeHD:

Whatever

hahahahahahahhahahaha

You met your match grin grin grin grin

You can only bash the Flatheaders

Abeg, leave am alone ooooooo.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by itstpia8: 12:30am On Nov 07, 2015
IlekeHD:
whatever

yes, whatever.

Nobody is trying to chat up you and your gang of miscreants you roll with.

You should wonder why no one bothers telling people not to associate with you but you are everywhere telling your ilk not to associate with others.

note the use of the word ilk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:32am On Nov 07, 2015
zimoni:

hahahahahahahhahahaha

You met your match grin grin grin grin

You can only bash the Flatheaders

Abeg, leave am alone ooooooo.

I've dealt with her before. Trust me, not worth it. And we need to stay on track.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:37am On Nov 07, 2015
[size=14pt]Nigerian Opera Singer Explores Classical Crossover In Atlanta
[/size]

Abiodun Koya is an opera singer, even though she comes from a country (and a continent) that doesn’t have very much opera.

The Nigerian-born singer moved to Atlanta four years ago after 11 years in Washington, D.C. There, she infiltrated the diplomat circuit, singing at political events. “That’s one of the benefits of working in Washington, D.C.,” she said. “My embassy, the Nigeria embassy, was really behind me.”

In Atlanta, she has mostly been singing at private events, but while she is here, she hopes to explore classical crossover instead of sticking with strictly opera. “I just got to that point where I wasn’t satisfied with ordinary anymore,” Koya said.

On her first album, she focused on sacred music, but she translated some of it into the Nigerian dialect Yoruba and added techno elements.

Koya said, “I constantly think I’m like a music scientist. I kind of picture myself in a music laboratory in a coat, but my coat would be pink or purple and fun colors instead of white.”

Koya is performing a benefit concert at 5 p.m. Sunday at the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center at Morehouse College. It will feature African songs, spirituals and classical music. Proceeds will benefit the Courtesy Foundation’s scholarship fund for underprivileged girls in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 07, 2015
Mods, lalasticlala and OAM4J, please unban my shymm3x handle and my last post.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 12:40am On Nov 07, 2015
1bkaye:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-P2rVx2_wqG4/VjyjPvIjXgI/AAAAAAAHOiI/b3IaWvb0648/s400/1.jpg[/img]
A young Nigerian pharmacist, Seun Omobo, has won a keenly contested election to emerge chairperson of the International Pharmaceutical Federation–Young Pharmacists’ Group (FIP-YPG), making history as the first African to occupy the position.

Seun won the election to chair the FIP-YPG which has been in existence since 2001, during the recently concluded Annual Congress of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) held in Dusseldorf, Germany from 29 September to 3 October 2015.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-JE0CJi2E4sc/VjyjQPVvUqI/AAAAAAAHOiM/4vwsgCsNHW4/s400/0.JPG[/img]

Omobo works as a consultant to the World Health Organization (WHO) ; managing the WHO Prequalification of Medicines Programme for Nigeria and neighboring West African countries. In 2014, her work on this project resulted in the unprecedented attainment of WHO Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) by at four pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria (SWIPHA, CHI, MAY & BAKER and EVANS).....making them eligible for procurement by international organizations including United Nations (UN) Organizations.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-maEXzREf94E/VjyjRdqh7XI/AAAAAAAHOiY/JNdAYd0u7bM/s320/2.jpg[/img]

She also consults as an Assistant to the Director-General (NAFDAC) on technical matters.

She is an associate of the Nigerian Leadership Initiative, She is also a member of the World Economic Forum Global Shapers Community (Lagos Hub).
She is also a commissioner for the first ever Lancet Youth Commission on Essential Medicines Policies(YCEMP).

She had previously served the FIP-YPG as the Public Relations Officer(PRO) and was fundamental to the establishment of the Young Pharmacist Group Nigeria (YPG-N) in 2012 modelled after the global group.
Omobo is also responsible for the YPG-N Professional Travel Grant, which has sponsored at least 18 young Nigerian pharmacists to international trainings within the last two years.
Nigeria was a double winner at the FIP-YPG election in Germany, as another young Nigerian pharmacist, Oluwatosin Adeyemi,a beneficiary of the 2015 grant, also emerged project coordinator of the group. Adeyemi is one of the few young Nigerian pharmacists in academia. He lectures in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Lagos.

Aside winning the project coordinator position, Adeyemi also made a poster presentation on the topic: “Assessing Beliefs about Medications for Hypertension and their Impact on Adherence” during the FIP conference.

Although, the main leadership of the FIP-YPG is a team of three elected officers (chairperson, project coordinator and public relations officer) usually from different countries, Nigerians are occupying two of the positions. A young American pharmacist, Sheena Patel, was the only other non-Nigerian that emerged as winner during the elections and she is to serve as the group’s public relations officer. They all will be serving the FIP-YPG for one-year.

The FIP-YPG was established 15 years ago as a network of FIP, mandated to encourage young pharmacists to be actively involved in international pharmacy activities and also work within the sections and organisation of FIP.

Members of the FIP-YPG are recent graduates of School of Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences (within the last five years) or a pharmacist under 35 years of age.

The FIP-YPG provides a platform for connecting with young pharmacists from around the world who are seeking networks, professional innovation and support.

FIP-YPG also supports members with travel awards and research grants.

http://www.newshelm.com/2015/11/nigerian-pharmacist-seun-omobo-emerges.html

This Young Woman is good to go.

She's Brilliant and Beautiful.

Lord Jisos, she's fresh and Awon Kini Yen Wanbe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2015
The only reason why I'm bringing this up is cos you can dream all you want about building all kinds of infrastructures, but without monitoring the population - it's basically just a waste of time. To execute good governance - you have to be able to monitor the population so as to ascertain who and what to cater to. The light rail would be overwhelmed within three years with that crazy population that's forever growing at an alarming rate.

Let's do a comparative analysis of the population growth of Lagos vis-a-vis London and New York City in the last 30 years.

Lagos
Year Population
1985 - 5.8 million
1990 - 7.7 million
1995 - 10.28 million
2000 - 13.42 million
2006 - 17.55 million
2015 - 21 million

New York City
Year Population
1980 - 7.07 million
1990 - 7.32 million
2010 - 8.19 million
2015 - 8.49 million

London
The population of London in 2015 is 8.63 million
(Graph of London's population growth)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by itstpia8: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2015
IlekeHD:
I've dealt with myself and my hangers on before. Trust me, not worth it. And we need to stay on track.

you are definitely bent on staying on track.

good luck.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2015
@shymmex

Lagos keeps growing exponentially.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:50am On Nov 07, 2015
Bukky George

is the Founder and CEO of HealthPlus Limited and CasaBella International. She is a registered pharmacist with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain and the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria. She shares the benefits of focus, knowledge, networking and going the extra mile to succeed in life and business.

In 1987, I enrolled at the School of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, now Faculty of Pharmacy, at the University of Lagos to study Pharmacy. In 1992, I graduated with five awards as the best student on completing my Pharmacy degree. I began my internship at Lagos University Teaching Hospital. In the evenings of my Internship year, I got my first hand experience on retail pharmacy, or community pharmacy as some like to call it, at Onyx Pharmacy, GRA, Ikeja. My national youth service was at Smithkline Beecham – now GSK. I enjoyed my time in production, quality control and sales departments. After service, I worked at May & Baker for a little while as a medical representative, and then returned to Smithkline Beecham, still as a med rep. The excellent training I received from these organisations helped me to hone my selling, exhibiting and presentation skills; transforming me into a confident young professional. I added value and often emerged the best representative of the month.

I worked for a total of four years with May & Baker and Smithkline Beecham, after which I got restless. I was aware of the need to find my true passion and fulfill my purpose in life. I had become a good salesman as a med representative. I loved organizing; I was enterprising, and always paid great attention to detail, which are some of the key success factors of a retailer. In 1999, I resigned as an assistant manager.

HealthPlus was incorporated as a limited liability company in December 1996 and started full operations as a registered pharmacy in April 1999. The company started small in an eighteen square meter store located in GRA Ikeja. Worthy of mention is the great advice I received from a good friend who worked for a consulting firm at the time. She told me not to start my business without articulating our mission, vision and core values. She gave me a Harvard Business Review article which taught how to craft a company’s mission, vision, core values, big hairy audacious goals (BHAGs) and strategy.

In 2008, we incorporated another company, CasaBella International Limited. CasaBella Beauty Supply, a one-stop store for grooming and beauty solutions for men and women, opened in July 2010 at The Palms Mall Lagos, but with ten branches now. CasaBella is a perfect compliment for HealthPlus, making use of the same back-end services: human resources, supply chain, accounts, audit, marketing, facilities and admin, IT. While HealthPlus is serious and conservative; CasaBella is fun and edgy. Over the past fifteen years, the business has grown to thirty strategic branches –with eleven more in the pipeline in 2014 – and over four hundred and twenty nine employees. We are taking steps to institutionalise the business. We aspire to be the Boots pharmacy of Nigeria.

BRANCHES:
Lekki: Lekki Phase 1, SPAR Lekki, The Palms Lekki, Alternative Route Oniru, Ikota VGC Victoria Island: Adetokunbo Ademola, Ajose Adeogun Ikoyi: Alexander Road Lagos Island: Kakawa Ikeja: GRA Ikeja, Ikeja City Mall, Allen Ave, Int’l Airport, MMA2 Oregun: Zaheed Mall Ilupeju: Ilupeju Bypass Ajah: Addo Road Festac: Festival Mall Magodo/Ikosi: CMD Road Yaba: e-Center Surulere: Adeniran Ogunsanya Mall Apapa: Apapa Mall Ogun: Magboro, Ibara Abuja: Ceddi Plaza, Grand Towers Mall, Silverbird Mall Enugu: Polo Park Ibadan: Cocoa Mall, The Palms Mall Kano: Ado Bayero Mall Port Harcourt: Port Harcourt Mall, Vineyard Plaza Ilorin: Kwara Mall Delta: Delta Mall

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by sirchisco: 12:54am On Nov 07, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z_FyRofPI

My Opinoin After The Match Of IPOB
The news of the match protest was shown on NTA but the protesters were not shown. Why? Vanguard reported of police shooting one IPOB but NTA never said that. Well it might be the ethics of reporting on the side of television stations. The road to true peace can never be through violence. Biafrans cannot feel at peace against their wish so let them enjoy that peace and of course Nigeria will also be a home of peace I pray. On the other side, you cant condemn a people and still force them under unification, to me it's like slavery in modern way. If biafrans agitate for its own state, let them have it provided they can handle it as a separate but united blessed nation. God bless us all.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 07, 2015
IlekeHD:
@shymmex

Lagos keeps growing exponentially.

So how are you going to plan and execute proper governance for that type of population growth?

And what infrastructures are you going to build with the meagre money that won't be overwhelmed?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 07, 2015
sirchisco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z_FyRofPI

My Opinoin After The Match Of IPOB
The news of the match protest was shown on NTA but the protesters were not shown. Why? Vanguard reported of police shooting one IPOB but NTA never said that. Well it might be the ethics of reporting on the side of television stations. The road to true peace can never be through violence. Biafrans cannot feel at peace against their wish so let them enjoy that peace and of course Nigeria will also be a home of peace I pray. On the other side, you cant condemn a people and still force them under unification, to me it's like slavery in modern way. If biafrans agitate for its own state, let them have it provided they can handle it as a separate but united blessed nation. God bless us all.

God bless Biafra!

The zoo must fall.

Time to start moving eastwards to Biafraland.

Shalom! grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by omodoagba(m): 1:02am On Nov 07, 2015
Firefire:

I don't understand the rationale of your question with my post and Eleyele ni Ilu Ibadan ?

Please be explicit...?

Ohk I can see it from ur profile location, u wrote eleyele..... Just asking maybe u are my neighbor... Lol
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:04am On Nov 07, 2015
ProfShymex:

So how are you going to plan and execute proper governance for that type of population growth?

And what infrastructures are you going to build with the meagre money that won't be overwhelmed?

I was thinking of deportation.

The more infrastructure you build, the more immigrants you attract.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 07, 2015
IlekeHD:

I was thinking of deportation.

The more infrastructure you build, the more immigrants you attract.

Though I supported Fashola when he deported the miscreants. However, you can't deport folks living in the same country.

Can you get miscreants with no fixed address off the roads, to their relatives wherever they're, so as to stop them from creating nuisance? - absolutely.

But can you do a mass deportation of folks within the same country, when they have a fixed address? - hell no. It's illegal and somewhat xenophobic.

And how are you going to deport over 10 million people cos the total population of Lagos shouldn't be more than 10 million and it's already over 21 million?

They just have to find a way somewhere and somehow to depopulate the place. That should be their primary objective. Just take a look at all the infrastructures Fashola commissioned. I bet the overwhelming majority of them are in ruins now. That's the curse that comes with population explosion.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 07, 2015
Shymm3x:

In other climes, goods are shipped to the nearest port to the delivery address. I'm sure those who import goods put addresses on them. So why is it difficult to effect a policy as simple as that?

And if they don't comply and probably start using Lagos addresses. Then the onus is on them to start sending goods to their region based on the names. They need to depopulate Lagos. All these light rails or whatever would be overwhelmed by that crazy population. Especially in a country like Nigeria where maintenance culture is non-existent.

Maaaan its not that easy,trust me.In Nigeria everything is viewed through tribal lenses.When Fashola deported romanis to their caves, we all saw what happened despite the fact that some Yorubas were also deported to Osun state.For now i don't think anything can be done to reduce Lagos population.Like i said earlier,the mentality of the romanis regarding Lagos needs to be changed to start with,there's too much ignorance in that part of the country.The only solution is bi-ass-fra and that'll only reduce it a little bit.It still doesn't mean the romanis won't continue trooping in to their "Mecca"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.