Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,178 members, 7,860,233 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (676879 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
WIZGUY69:

kikikikii. grin I remember those days.
2013/2014. I have been to all the five eastern states, they are just like a normal Nigerian towns. but those guys like living in self denial, they can only deceive themselves and the gullible ones that haven't been to their Land, I always wonder now that where are these iboe boys trooping From? because they don't use to be much before.
that customized Own is Ibadan matter he will be masturbating. I remembered when ilugunboy told him to meet him. the idiot was just beating round the bush.
small iboe boys claiming to own estates in Lagos, where as, in reality they are nothing. idiot was busted when he took pictures of his hand (was wearing 300 watch) grin
Make we no derail this thread shA. cool

It's the 5k smartphone & 10mb on 100naira recharges spiral down effect....

cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
raumdeuter:

Let me put you in the position of governor of Ekiti or Osun

Some of these governors Like Akande Aregbe and Fayemi were thinking if they provide infrastructures like road it would make the state attractive to investors but building up infrastructure would have to be at the expense of recurring expenditures

I dont know what else constitute recurring expenses aside salaries

Due to none development of other sectors, the govt is the highest employer of labour and in truth its more like just dashing money out a welfare system for salaries and pension

I won't speak about Fayemi cos I don't know much about Ekiti.

However with Osun - the state has at least two tourism gold mines millions of Yorubas or those who practise Yoruba religions in the new world are interested in, and thousands visit annually in: Osun Oshogbo festival and Ife. But rather than invest in the two - the man keeps spending money on frivolities like the biggest drum in the world, mini stadia etc., despite how poor that state is. Who does that?

A good administrator would do a proper analysis of whatever place he's asked to govern and focus on the strength, so as to cover the weakness. However, when you are wasteful with no direction whatsoever - then you have to take the blame for failing woefully.

Also, are you going say these folks aren't utterly corrupt? And their excessive looting is part of the reason why the recurrent expenditure is that high?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

@shymm3x ,

That's the thing, The Civil Service is a packaged welfare system designed to look like active duty..

Ain't nothing happening in 90% of government offices..

Come to Abuja, you'll see Nigerian wonder, Agencies of govt occupying the 2nd floor of a residential building & only a 3rd bother to be punctual & regular & some even if you want to work dem nor send u message..

My younger sis' office was a rented bungalow that they have been evicted from since a yr+ ago & the salary hasn't stopped neither is the govt aware that the bosses are just balling on govt dime....

As long as NASS is getting their cut, appropriation of funds for its mgt is not going to stop...

Told her a few days ago that we should place a bet , that before this month runs to an end, an office space will magically appear, hope to win...

They don't tell folks - once the country goes bankrupt, no one will tell them before they start laying folks off.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

It's the 5k smartphone & 10mb on 100naira recharges spiral down effect....
cool
lmfao lmfao
I thought as much. I was surprised. coz before, iboes can't stand Yoruba as far as this site is concerned.
now, they have gone to Onitsha main market to recruit their brothers. little wonder they keep spamming this section with Biafra nonsense.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by raumdeuter: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
Shymm3x:

I won't speak about Fayemi cos I don't know much about Ekiti.

However with Osun - the state has at least two tourism gold mines millions of Yorubas or those who practise Yoruba religions in the new world are interested in, and thousands visit annually in: Osun Oshogbo festival and Ife. But rather than invest in the two - the man keeps spending money on frivolities like the biggest drum in the world, mini stadia etc., despite how poor that state is. Who does that?

A good administrator would do a proper analysis of whatever place he's asked to govern and focus on the strength, so as to cover the weakness. However, when you are wasteful with no direction whatsoever - then you have to take the blame for failing woefully.

Also, are you going say these folks aren't utterly corrupt? And their excessive looting is part of the reason why the recurrent expenditure is that high?

The biggest drum stuff is also part of the developing the cultural tourism of Osun and promoting the Osun Festival. I attended the Osun Festival several years in the early to mid 90's even went to the river got the water, went to the grove the palace and there are other cultural attraction to follow like Nike gallery, Elebuibon shrine

The stadium i think it was the previous administration that got loans and started the stadium

The airport probably to get direct flight to the Osun festival. Someone here said Osun has the second largest workforce after Lagos Imagine how weighty that can be on a state without 10% of Lagos IGR

Also looting is part of governance in Africa and even in the whole world. Its just for govt to deliver some dividends after the wholesale looting

I think the plumetting oil price is a good start reduced allocation would force govt to think now
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Shymm3x:

They don't tell folks - once the country goes bankrupt, no one will tell them before they start laying folks off.

Shy, you are talking this way cos you don't live here, what alternatives are there??

Even if you have a great idea & you don't have a solid base to fund it, it is OYO.... I worked in the bank for a few years before the family work life balancing act centre could no longer hold.... I know the number of young folks with great ideas that didn't even make it beyond the operations end cos you know thwy wont see a shiny kobo....

Loans are strictly reserved for Govt, multi national, & FCMG contractors....

Na your belle your idea go ripe put...

The unilevers, AJ sewards, Dunlop, Pz, Textile mills in iyana isolo, etc have bolted & it's one of the reasons that flateenos "importation" biz went into overdrive & we are now being inundated & harassed with " we are the chosen ones, & developing the west through biz"...

Petty trading fa!!! undecided

This country is royally effed up!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I think those are the guys who post pictures of themselves and big-bellied biafran kids right?

Aww those guys were rough maaan.I watched some of those battles as a guest.If I was here,I would have avoided it

I can't stand seeing people post pictures of starved kids to taunt opponents.That's gross

They have banned zimoni. It is well.

Yeah. Those Insurgent dudes are crazy. Thank God the madness has stopped.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I thought as much.Oga Zimoni all I can say is

grin grin grin grin cheesy

E se pupo. I just registered this moniker. We don't die we multiply.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Osomalo:

E se pupo. I just registered this moniker. We don't die we multiply.

*chop knuckle* , can't keep the thrift collector down.. smiley

This our Ijesa Osomalo thing, i believe it was effective then cos Yoruba people have "itiju" .. Try it with a romanis, na dia you go stay & germinate.. cheesy

O daaro, I'm sleep typing already... smiley

Aareonakakanfo ..... Why do you Diaspora folks do night shift lori tiredi ? Your time zone isn't easy for us & by the time one wakes up, contribution to a subject matter is like closing the door after the horse waka comot...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

*chop knuckle* , can't keep the thrift collector down.. smiley

This our Ijesa Osomalo thing, i believe it was effective then cos Yoruba people have "itiju" .. Try it with a romanis, na dia you go stay & germinate.. cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin

Someone who's looking for death meets someone who is going to kill him.

Imagine a bout between Osomalos and Flateenos, the ticket would sell out in few hours.

My parents went to do Osomalo in Ife in the 70s. We were all born and raised at Ife. I learnt a lot from my Mom, she's a successful trader.

Osomalo was an effective system, unfortunately most of Ijesha youths of nowadays are after quick wealth. They are either scamming oyinbos on internet or doing drug business. Things have changed. Na cultism dey reign now sef, I fear for the future of our unborn generation in Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
Osomalo:

grin grin grin grin grin

Someone who's looking for death meets someone who is going to kill him.

Imagine a bout between Osomalos and Flateenos, the ticket would sell out in few hours.

My parents went to do Osomalo in Ife in the 70s. We were all born and raised at Ife. I learnt a lot from my Mom, she's a successful trader.

Osomalo was an effective system, unfortunately most of Ijesha youths of nowadays are after quick wealth. They are either scamming oyinbos on internet or doing drug business. Things have changed. Na cultism dey reign now sef, I fear for the future of our unborn generation in Yorubaland.

Cultism bawo?

i thought that was out of fashion before i even left uni.

Yahoo things, okada riding and perceived apathy towards education are the main threats to future generations of people in the lower wrung of the ladder in yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Osomalo(m): 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
superstar1:

Cultism bawo?

i thought that was out of fashion before i even left uni.

Yahoo things, okada riding and perceived apathy towards education are the main threats to future generations of people in the lower wrung of the ladder in yorubaland.

It has spread to town, gone are the days when it was restricted to campus.

Lord have mercy.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
Osomalo:

It has spread to town, gone are the days when it was restricted to campus.

Lord have mercy.

No wonder the likes of Mushin and Bariga are always witnessing incessant violence and blood org.ies.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:40am On Nov 14, 2015
raumdeuter:

The biggest drum stuff is also part of the developing the cultural tourism of Osun and promoting the Osun Festival. I attended the Osun Festival several years in the early to mid 90's even went to the river got the water, went to the grove the palace and there are other cultural attraction to follow like Nike gallery, Elebuibon shrine

The stadium i think it was the previous administration that got loans and started the stadium

The airport probably to get direct flight to the Osun festival. Someone here said Osun has the second largest workforce after Lagos Imagine how weighty that can be on a state without 10% of Lagos IGR

Also looting is part of governance in Africa and even in the whole world. Its just for govt to deliver some dividends after the wholesale looting

I think the plumetting oil price is a good start reduced allocation would force govt to think now

The biggest drum won't boost any tourism right now, till say, 200 years' time. Those going to Osun are more interested in Osun Oshogbo festivals and Ife. Osun is an integral part of most of the Yoruba religions in the new world, from Santeria, to Condombe, to Voodoo etc.. Another god they worship is Yemoya. However, I don't know how the Yemoya worship/festival works and perhaps Osun state can invest in creating a next festival about Yemoya to for tourism and revenue generation purposes.

A thinking governor looking to maximise the interests of tourists in these two gold mines would invest heavily in them and turn them to something similar to the Brazilian carnival and media campaigns in the countries where most of these folks coming to spend money are from. He can also send emissaries to those countries from time to time to boost relations. But this man didn't do that - he just wasted millions of naira on an inconsequential drum like there aren't more than enough things in that state to generate interests. Isn't that the same state where foreign archaeologists are still excavating all kinds of artworks by Yoruba ancestors, buried beneath the earth surface? How about build a museum there for exhibitions from time to time?

Government in today's world is run like a profit-oriented business venture. Once you start running at a loss, you just have cut expenditure, to keep a proper balance sheet - else you'll go bankrupt. That's just common sense. Something just has to give cos the debts are piling up for future generations and folks can't turn a blind eye on them with excuses. I'll leave the civil service alone cos the sector should only make-up a fraction of the recurrent expenditure.

However, in a case where they're not delivering anything and the debt profile keeps growing due to wholesale looting - shouldn't they cut down the looting and do the right thing?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by raumdeuter: 12:44am On Nov 14, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 14, 2015
I love watching knowledgeable folks debate maaan

Its like watching Sweet pea whitaker and Nicolino Locche at the same time

Nice one Shymm3x and Raumdeuter

Profs 9jacrip/Superstar1 don't run away, I sight una.Eyin baba Agba e ba wa da si oro yi ki awa alaimokan je ounje emi grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:02am On Nov 14, 2015
help guys I'm in love with a yoruba girl..any tips on how to make her know this Igbo boy isn't playing around with her feelings?(seems yoruba girls are pretty serious about loyalty) angry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by itstpia8: 1:08am On Nov 14, 2015
why are you not dating an Igbo girl?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 14, 2015
Loool Modath we no get choice na but you can always resuscitate the topic being discussed grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:16am On Nov 14, 2015
Qelvin:
help guys I'm in love with a yoruba girl..any tips on how to make her know this Igbo boy isn't playing around with her feelings?(seems yoruba girls are pretty serious about loyalty) angry

She's all yours. We Yoruba guys don't cuff our chics - anyone can take them.

Just make sure you've enough money and you can sell good dreams. Yoruba chics can also be conservative from the outside, but once the lights go off - they're freaky as fvck.

Enjoy.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 14, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I love watching knowledgeable folks debate maaan

Its like watching Sweet pea whitaker and Nicolino Locche at the same time

Nice one Shymm3x and Raumdeuter

Profs 9jacrip/Superstar1 don't run away, I sight una.Eyin baba Agba e ba wa da si oro yi ki awa alaimokan je ounje emi grin

It feels good to have egbon DayoKanu back, been a while yo!

I'm just sitting on the sidelines observing his contributions, he appears pro-Aregbe to me though grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:17am On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

I'm just sitting on the sidelines observing his contributions, he appears pro-Aregbe to me though grin

Big Dayokanu has been around. He never left.

I see him all the time in the Family section. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:19am On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe/Ilekeh/IlekeHD and quimicababes

The daddies, 9jacrip and aareonakakanfo are home - time to serve dinner. grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8mxge6kek
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Don't sit on the sidelines ooo,you have to be in the first eleven grin

A sin duro de ounje emi grin cheesy

Pa Shymm3x alakoba grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Big Dayokanu has been around. He never left.

I see him all the time in the Family section. grin

He has not been active in this section.

You mentioned the need for a revolution a while back then I wondered to myself if that could be a possibility in SWest?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:
Ibebe/Ilekeh/IlekeHD and quimicababes

The daddies, 9jacrip and aareonakakanfo are home - time to serve dinner. grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8mxge6kek

LOL what daddy? cheesy cheesy

Na you and Aare be Daddies o, I'll play uncle Daddies' little brother.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 14, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Don't sit on the sidelines ooo,you have to be in the first eleven grin

A sin duro de ounje emi grin cheesy

Pa Shymm3x alakoba grin grin

E jo, e je kin duro si apa egbe.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

E jo, e je kin duro si apa egbe.

Loooool Eyi o de wa da oooo.Ti mo de n duro de ounje emi grin grin ko si aburu

As per the Daddies thing,I know you and Shymm3x drink water with Pizza pans without anything dropping off grin grin Respect! Awon agba awo lo n soro

Surely the Old men are wiser and they know what we don't know grin grin

But why are you guys keeping these secrets from youths like us That's unfair

No be beans to drink water from this thing na

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:43am On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

She's all yours. We Yoruba guys don't cuff our chics - anyone can take them.

Just make sure you've enough money and you can sell good dreams. Yoruba chics can also be conservative from the outside, but once the lights go off - they're freaky as fvck.

Enjoy.
Thanks bruv, one very admirable quality of Yoruba people is their culture of liberality and openness towards dating outside of their own nucleus, and yeah you are right on the conservative part(noticed that in this chic,the way she exudes calm,charm,with this alluring subtlety in her voice that underlies a classy type of freak especially when she speaks yoruba in that sexy Egba dialect of hers...I speak Yoruba btw as I was born and bred in Ibadan), man fvck it Yoruba girls have won me over, Biafra might have to wait cause I ain't leaving this chic anytime soon man.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Qelvin:

Thanks bruv, one very admirable quality of Yoruba people is their culture of liberality and openness towards dating outside of their own nucleus, and yeah you are right on the conservative part(noticed that in this chic,the way she exudes calm,charm,with this alluring subtlety in her voice that underlies a classy type of freak especially when she speaks yoruba in that sexy Egba dialect of hers...I speak Yoruba btw as I was born and bred in Ibadan), man fvck it Yoruba girls have won me over, Biafra might have to wait cause I ain't leaving this chic anytime soon man.

Why is anyone taking this dude seriously?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:49am On Nov 14, 2015
oh the legendary Dayokanu..I'm one of the young Igbos on this forum who followed your blood-letting escapades in the fun days of Nairaland when intellectuals made mince-meat of each other lol,Yoruba vs Igbo e-war was actually fun back then.. I remember your classic bouts with OnlyTruth? I also remember Katsumoto(not sure if I got his moniker right) man that guy was sublime with insults!! hated your ruthlessness but admired your radical accentuation of sticking by your principles and tribe,

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:49am On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

Why is anyone taking this dude seriously?
no this Igbo boy is serious cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.