Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics (2569 Views)

BREAKING! Yoruba Group Set To Protest In Abuja Against Nnamd Kanu's Secret Trial / Group Demands Fayose’s Removal As Ekiti Governor In 14 Days / BREAKING! Yoruba Youths Protest, Demand Nigeria Breakup As Hausas Attack More Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by UmuEri(m): 12:08am On Oct 23, 2015
http://www.nigeriamoment.com/2015/10/yoruba-self-determination-now-a-yoruba-group-demands-tokunbo-aremoodua/

Yoruba Self Determination Now: A Yoruba Group Demands – Tokunbo AremoOdua

TOPICS:tokunbo areooduayoruba.
Yoruba Self Determination Now

Posted By: nigeriamoment October 22, 2015

facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinyoutubeby feather
Tokunbo AremoOdua, (NIGERIA MOMENT).

Southwest Nigeria:

The Yoruba Nation

The Western Region of Nigeria, otherwise known as the Yoruba Nation, has been a nation known for landmark achievements that has placed it ahead of the others and has transformed it into an egalitarian society that it is today.

Towards the tail end of the Nigerian Colonial rule the Yoruba have left none in doubt about its readiness to pioneer development strategies that would liberate the region from the quagmire of illiteracy, poverty, deprivation and poor healthcare system. With the advent of self-governance the region’s free education scheme which, unarguably, was the first of its type in the African continent was introduced. Suffice to say that not a few of the leading lights in Nigeria today are products of this initiative.

The corollary of this initiative is the establishment of the foremost tertiary institutions in Nigeria namely:

◾The University of Ibadan, and
◾The University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University),
◾As well as the first Teaching Hospital in West Africa;
◾The University College Hospital (UCH).
◾The Western Region also boasts of the first Television Station in Africa;
◾The Western Nigeria Television (WNTV) established ahead of many European countries, including France.

How about the first skyscraper in Nigeria; The Monumental Cocoa House, the first modern Stadium; The Liberty Stadium, the first five-star Hotel; The Premier Hotel, just to mention a few. It is pertinent to note that in those glorious years the Western Regional Government paid its workers higher wages than other Regions, and even higher than what the Federal Government offered its workers. With the establishment of farm settlements to boost agricultural production the economy of the Region boomed, thereby promoting prosperity and well-being in both rural and urban areas of the region.

The late Premier of the Region, a Nationalist and Statesman par Excellence, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, was the moving spirit behind these laudable monumental developments.

Unfortunately, the laudable march of progress which was destined to propel the old Western Region into, as it were, a Superpower was truncated by a prolonged military rule, as well as actions or inactions of some political leaders of the Region.

However, the restoration of democratic rule on May 29, 1999 brought renewed hopes of a reenactment of those glorious times of old but this is yet to translate the age-long vision into reality. This is where the collective effort of all the states constituting the Southwestern Nigeria namely; Ekiti, Lagos, Ondo, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States is needful

This is the fulcrum of the Southwest Regional Integration Programme, otherwise known as the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria (DAWN), under the institutional management of DAWN Commission.

http://www.nigeriamoment.com/2015/10/yoruba-self-determination-now-a-yoruba-group-demands-tokunbo-aremoodua/

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by smsdigito: 12:13am On Oct 23, 2015
Right now i think the only region not agitating for this is the northern part of Nigeria. The ibos are agitating, the Niger deltans are agitating, now the Yorubas who one would have thought joined hands to bring in this present govt. are also agitating. What is really the way forwardNigeria ?

[url]talkinfotech.com[/url]
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by ephemm(m): 12:21am On Oct 23, 2015
I am Yoruba, I love the diversity of Nigeria in terms of language and culture, and I will like Nigeria to remain as 1 country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by IGBOSON1: 12:27am On Oct 23, 2015
Only if everyone else besides the north agitates for a change in the status-quo can real progress be made! It's either true federalism or we should all go our separate ways!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by Blizzy9ja: 12:38am On Oct 23, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Only if everyone else besides the north agitates for a change in the status-quo can real progress be made! It's either true federalism or we should all go our separate ways!
An Ab0ki does not understand true federalism... An ab0ki somewer in Jigawa is laying claim to the oil in Bayelsa and you're talking of federalism... Gini bu true federalism?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by DaBullIT(m): 2:23am On Oct 23, 2015
All these Yeye rumor self

from one yeye blog

And for all those who believe or clicked the topic because of the picture, it breaks my heart to tell you that the picture has been in circulation since Dec 2014 , January 2015 and August/July 2015 it has been used and recycled and reused again and again to suit the propaganda intended

https://www.nairaland.com/2092535/buhari-why-yorubas-must-never

https://www.nairaland.com/2470036/should-nigeria-referendum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by patrick89(m): 5:04am On Oct 23, 2015
DaBullIT:
All these Yeye rumor self

from one yeye blog
grin the pishure nko? Lol

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by M4gunners: 5:19am On Oct 23, 2015
Are they just woken up? They best do,Nigeria is no mmore interesting.
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by fr3do(m): 5:20am On Oct 23, 2015
ephemm:
I am Yoruba, I love the diversity of Nigeria in terms of language and culture, and I will like Nigeria to remain as 1 country.

what has the diversity (differences) brought to anybody apart from conflict?
Diversity is beautiful, when a people are diverse in occupation and knowledge, not their culture and beliefs.

I do not see how the presence of the Igalas, Nupes and Idomas favour the TIVs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by DaBullIT(m): 5:24am On Oct 23, 2015
patrick89:
grin the pishure nko? Lol

Exactly my point , the picture has been in circulation since Dec 2014 , January 2015 and August 2015 it has been used and recycled and reused again and again to suit the propaganda intended

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by PassingShot(m): 5:29am On Oct 23, 2015
smsdigito:
Right now i think the only region not agitating for this is the northern part of Nigeria. The ibos are agitating, the Niger deltans are agitating, now the Yorubas who one would have thought joined hands to bring in this present govt. are also agitating. What is really the way forwardNigeria ?

You must think every inconsequential group represents the Yorubas.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by honourhim: 5:33am On Oct 23, 2015
DaBullIT:

Exactly my point , the picture has been in circulation since Dec 2014 , January 2015 and August 2015 it has been used and recycled and reused again and again to suit the propaganda intended

So why do the yoruba here attack igbo for demanding for their own country? Typical Ypruba hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by PassingShot(m): 5:35am On Oct 23, 2015
This is nonsense! Pure nonsense!

The South had the presidency for 13 years and seven months of the sixteen years since this republic. Why did we fail to do the needful by way of true federalism (resource control) in those years? I guess because the elites (political class) who benefitted immensely from the current arrangement didn't see the need.

It therefore amounts to pure hypocrisy and in very bad taste for those who feel they've lost out to engineer some jobless youths to demand what they couldn't give.

My position is, let's give this current govt the chance and see how it does things before any cry of secession or full resource control.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by DaBullIT(m): 5:36am On Oct 23, 2015
PassingShot:

grin grin grin grin grin
honourhim:

So why do the yoruba here attack igbo for demanding for their own country? Typical Ypruba hypocrisy.

That's your answer up there

maybe you'll learn to reason objectively
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by honourhim: 5:41am On Oct 23, 2015
DaBullIT:

That's your answer up there

maybe you'll learn to reason objectively

You just want to play wayo here. The bottom line here is that some yorubas are making the demand just like some igbos are doing.
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by DaBullIT(m): 5:50am On Oct 23, 2015
No need to do you wayo my friend, It's a fact, Have you seen Videos of Yorubas protesting for Oodua ? how many are they ? have you seen any prominent , respected Yoruba leader call for seccession on radio / tv ? Even the Falae Saga, most people , myself inclusive said that one man's woes can not make Nigeria break away

You have IPOB calling for volunteer armies

MASSOB has a record ,

Did you see the Biafran threads on how many trooped out ?

Thats why you shouldn't compare a few nuisances to a whole group of nuisances

Thank you and no more mentions
honourhim:

You just want to play wayo here. The bottom line here is that some yorubas are making the demand just like some igbos are doing.
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by Warlord3000(m): 6:04am On Oct 23, 2015
Gosh not again...

DAWN nikan ko..... DAYLIGHT ni..

Mtscheww
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by truefact: 6:06am On Oct 23, 2015
Fetishes yorubas claims all the goodie goodies. Diabolical yorubas claims sophistication and progressive, then

Why do yorubas still want be in the same country with violent-illiterate hausa-fulani?

Why do yorubas still want to be with uncultured igbos?

What is wrong with yorubas?
Or are yorubas simply living on lies?

Why are yorubas confused hypocrites?
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by ARIZONA123(m): 6:10am On Oct 23, 2015
PassingShot:

grin grin grin grin grin
. What kind of people are Yerigbas? Now I believe yeribas are hypocritically suffercated
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by kingzizzy: 6:15am On Oct 23, 2015
Yorubas are natural slaves of "one Nigeria" and always will be.

The Zoo must fall!!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by chrisblack: 6:47am On Oct 23, 2015
smsdigito:

In all region we have people who clamour for their own country even in the north.The point to me in not in separation but in working the framework for peaceful coexistence. What we are running away from will still be waiting for us in any new government or country we find ourselves. Its an African thing.
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by ArodeTsolaye: 6:48am On Oct 23, 2015
kingzizzy:
Yorubas are natural slaves of "one Nigeria" and always will be.

The Zoo must fall!!

Watch as they disown the sane ones among them asking to be free from the fulani debacle bedevilling them.
yorubas are the most cowardly creature known to man. Their muslims are currently fighting to put a fulani Emir in oyo and oshogbo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:53am On Oct 23, 2015
DAWN is a regional socio-political group like BRACE (i.e. Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Cross-River and Edo) in the South South. Their aim is regional development, not secession.
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by QuotaSystem: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2015
smsdigito:
Right now i think the only region not agitating for this is the northern part of Nigeria.

We all have these groups, but it is the prominence we attach to them that differs. President Buhari has however renewed everyone's hope in Nigeria (except the inconsequential ones)

UmuEri:
http://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/07/leave-north-within-two-weeksnorthern.html?m=1

Leave North Within Two Weeks..Northern Youths Tell Igbos,Yorubas And South South

A group of Northern youths, under Arewa Youth Development Foundation, on Tuesday, called on southerners in the north to relocate to their respective states to make room for northerner who would be returning home.

This ultimatum was contained in a statement read and jointly signed by the group’s national president, Mr Aliyu Usman and its secretary, Comrade Alfred Solomon, during a visit by the group to the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sunusi II, in his palace.

The group alleged that for the past four years, a policy of direct subjugation of the north and its people had been pursued by the Federal Government and its agencies, in collaboration with various governments in the south.

The group described the alleged crackdown on northerners in the name of Boko Haram, the recent arrest of all imams of Juma’at mosques in Abia State, the arrest of northern traders, the happenings at the national confab, among others issues, as regretable.

It added that “in the event that all the resolution failed, we call on all northerners to rise and support agitations for a peaceful dissolution of this union called Nigeria, for every region to go its own way.”

While addressing the youths, the Emir of Kano called on youths to be ambassadors of peace and imbibe the culture of peaceful coexistence

He said: “We should not forget that it is natural for people of different minds and cultural backgrounds to live in one entity called a nation. I, therefore, urged you to imbibe the culture of peaceful coexistence.”

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/07/leave-north-within-two-weeksnorthern.html?m=1

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by princemillla(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2015
Cry me a river, Nigeria is going no where, we ain't splitting up soon. All this Igbo this, yoruba this ain't gonna bring this administration any form of distraction.

When Obasanjo was the president why didn't we agitate for yoruba Nation, when Goodluck was there why didn't this Biafra agitations came up knowing fully well that their own is on the throne to take their side?

Abegi- Buhari is a sinner, we all knows that but let's give this administration chance and see where we are heading to first, befor we demand for what is right.

I believe in oness of Nigeria
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by codedslayer: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. What kind of people are Yerigbas? Now I believe yeribas are hypocritically suffercated

Chyke okolo, saw your new bra. Lmao
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by smsdigito: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
PassingShot:

grin grin grin grin grin
QuotaSystem:

We all have these groups, but it is the prominence we attach to them that differs. President Buhari has however renewed everyone's hope in Nigeria (except the inconsequential ones)

lol, but are you sure the so-called inconsequential are not looking at you as the one who doesn't know what he wants? I have spoken to a couple of those agitators personally and they try to advance very strong arguments as well.

Someone said its an African thing, it is not i beg to disagree. Just google countries agitating for such separations all the while and even now you will find out that they are many.

Many have succeeded others are yet to. Recently Scotland tried to but got stuck in the referendum.
The only issue i have with the way some groups carry out the agitation is the fact that they appear not to follow the peaceful and legal process. Else, all over the world people make such request and there is nothing legally wrong if carried out within the ambit of the law.

Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by PassingShot(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
smsdigito:

lol, but are you sure the so-called inconsequential are not looking at you as the one who doesn't know what he wants? I have spoken to a couple of those agitators personally and they try to advance very strong arguments as well.

Someone said its an African thing, it is not i beg to disagree. Just google countries agitating for such separations all the while and even now you will find out that they are many.

Many have succeeded others are yet to. Recently Scotland tried to but got stuck in the referendum.
The only issue i have with the way some groups carry out the agitation is the fact that they appear not to follow the peaceful and legal process. Else, all over the world people make such request and there is nothing legally wrong if carried out within the ambit of the law.

I maintain these ones are inconsequential.
Any group agitating for secession must have the backing of substantial part of its people.

A Yoruba group must have the backing of the Afeniferes and other known socio-cultural representations of the Yorubas. Same way, an Igbo group must have the Ohaneze Ndigbo at the fore front of such agitation.

Does it make any sense that your reps and senators continue to attend NASS sittings, your region continues to be represented in the present govt, yet you say you want to fight for self determination? That is what I call pure waste of time and energy.
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by tonytony208(m): 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
M4gunners:
Are they just woken up? They best do,Nigeria is no mmore interesting.

You are the one that must have been sleeping all along. We are not just waking up. We have been up and about for decades
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by tonytony208(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
honourhim:

I am Yoruba and I believe Igbo's should be allowed to go if they want. However, the way you Igbo's present your case like bunch of illiterates and rogues make one detest your cry for your own country.

Am certain Kanu is educated. I expected him to carry himself like an educated person instead of calling Nigeria a zoo. It is very wrong and unruky. Only disorganized illiterates do that.
Re: Breaking: Yoruba Self Determination Now, A Yoruba Group Demands - pics by omonnakoda: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
What did the Eboes and SS do at the last National Conference .Dirty sellouts. It was embarrassing to watch the isolation of thatt brave woman,the bulwark Anniko Briggs while the Fedora and baby hat wearing jokers betrayed their people

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Biafrans Massive Protest Currently Going On In Aba (video & Photo / The Undiluted Truth ....jonathan's Administration Was The Best Since 1960. / Why Yar’adua Sacked Nuhu Ribadu, James Ibori Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.