Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (70583 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by asha80(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Says who??
How many Barcelona players will get into the present United team?
Dani Alves, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.
That is 4 players out of 11.

Moving on. . . . . .
Carrick, Park and Anderson will disrupt the flow in the Barca midfield.
Chelsea never allowed em to settle on the ball thus forcing elementary mistakes.
Xavi was poor, Keita was nowhere and only Iniesta showed signs of a world class player.
Messi? He was utter CRAP in both legs.

We will in rome and you will eat your words. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 5:04pm On May 07, 2009
Sauron
You don't get my point, our midfield is very versatile
Barca is more like two attacking midfielders (Iniesta and Xavi) and one defensive midfielder(Toure) to clean the mistakes
Fletcher, Anderson and Carrick can inter changbetween mid field and attack.
With Arsenal, Anderson was always supporting the attack, but the speed with he returns to help the defence is amazing.
Messi won't drift back, Xavi and Iniesta rarely does.

Messi was TERRIBLE last night. He has never really done well against English sides
I wonder what all the hype is about?
He was just not it yesterday!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by asha80(m): 5:17pm On May 07, 2009
Emperoh:

Sauron
You don't get my point, our midfield is very versatile
Barca is more like two attacking midfielders (Iniesta and Xavi) and one defensive midfielder(Toure) to clean the mistakes
Fletcher, Anderson and Carrick can inter changbetween mid field and attack.
With Arsenal, Anderson was always supporting the attack, but the speed with he returns to help the defence is amazing.
Messi won't drift back, Xavi and Iniesta rarely does.

Messi was TERRIBLE last night. He has never really done well against English sides
I wonder what all the hype is about?
He was just not it yesterday!!

Go and watch the highlights of barcelona vs chelsea at stanford bridge 2005/2006.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 5:25pm On May 07, 2009
asha 80:

Go and watch the highlights of barcelona vs chelsea at stanford bridge 2005/2006.

He did nothing that night. . . . .unless his running with the ball was hurting Chelsea and UEFA counted a goal everytime Messi ran with the ball.
Yesterday was Messi's 10th start against an English side and he did nothing.
In both legs, Iniesta's level of performance dwarfed Messi's rubbish display.
This is the same opposition Ronaldo comes against week in week out.

Ronaldo > Messi.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2009
Ronaldo has undoubtedly gained by playing against tougher opposition in England - this has given him phenomenal physical strength and stamina (even though he dives like a girl cheesy)

On the basis of the variety of his game, I'd say Ronaldo has the edge. The player of the year award will be decided based on who wins the CL since both Man Utd and Barcelona seem certain to win their leagues.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by mukina2: 5:46pm On May 07, 2009
Hemp
i just read the post you claimed was for me.
you want me to chew you? grin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by aieromon(m): 8:35pm On May 07, 2009
guys please,whats all this talk bout who's better between messi and CR7?messi had a bad night simply because he was properly manned.this is going to be the same when barca takes us on.on the other hand,covering CR7 is of really no much use because he has a knack for headers via set pieces and of course his bullet free kicks.

if "negative football" is what is needed to stop the attack of Barca,then so be it!there ain't no crime in doing it a second time and am very sure MU will convert any chance you give them unlike didier who had 2 great opportunities to bury these spanish fools over two legs.

CR7 has improved his game play over the past two months and i feel the World Footballer of the year will go to the kid who wins the UCL.Even Messi knows this so let's go there cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 1:15am On May 08, 2009
That was because United had Scholes and Roy Keane missing in the midfield.
Beckham had to play as a central midfielder(that was how bad United were on the night).
With Beckham tucked in, Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole lacked the service they normally enjoy with Beckham as a winger.
If you knew your football you would know Bayern missed their best striker Giovani Elber and defensive stalwart Bixente Lizarazu.

We more than atoned for that 2 seasons later pumelling Scummies Home and away in knock out
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by eyonigger(m): 4:50am On May 08, 2009
aieromon:

guys please,whats all this talk bout who's better between messi and CR7?messi had a bad night simply because he was properly manned.this is going to be the same when barca takes us on.on the other hand,covering CR7 is of really no much use because he has a knack for headers via set pieces and of course his bullet free kicks.

if "negative football" is what is needed to stop the attack of Barca,then so be it!there ain't no crime in doing it a second time and am very sure MU will convert any chance you give them unlike didier who had 2 great opportunities to bury these spanish fools over two legs.

CR7 has improved his game play over the past two months and i feel the World Footballer of the year will go to the kid who wins the UCL.Even Messi knows this so let's go there cool

Exactly what I was gonna speculate. For heavens sake, once a particular player is being considered dangerous n whoz consistency in breaking down a defense is targeted, there is nothing much such player can do.

Messi was marked out by 4 player's, how the hell wud anyone want the boy to perform normally as he does. He is no machine. If CR7 is being manned well as the same, then you'll probably be seeing a lesser performance as to what is normally expected.

Overall, Messi was manned, but he laid that killer and heartbreaking pass that sunk Chelsea's dream into the final.

Some peeps need to be real, at least for once.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by switch47(m): 6:58am On May 08, 2009
eyonigger:

Exactly what I was gonna speculate. For heavens sake, once a particular player is being considered dangerous n whoz consistency in breaking down a defense is targeted, there is nothing much such player can do.

Messi was marked out by 4 player's, how the hell wud anyone want the boy to perform normally as he does. He is no machine. If CR7 is being manned well as the same, then you'll probably be seeing a lesser performance as to what is normally expected.

Overall, Messi was manned, but he laid that killer and heartbreaking pass that sunk Chelsea's dream into the final.

Some peeps need to be real, at least for once.
Ori e o 4kasibe!! very correct. is it not better he does not try to overdo the thing while being marked by assasin looking chelsea defenders, any attempt to show too much skill may mean hearing a news like MESSI out for the season after chelsea game GOD FORBID!! the guy too must protect himself. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 08, 2009
Wes Brown not going to take part in season run-in.
Was kinda hoping he'd make it.Apparently he won't.
So sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 1:06pm On May 08, 2009
dayokanu:

If you knew your football you would know Bayern missed their best striker Giovani Elber and defensive stalwart Bixente Lizarazu.

We more than atoned for that 2 seasons later pumelling Scummies Home and away in knock out

Roy Keane's input in that campaign was more valuable than what 10 Geovanni Elbers woulda done in the the final.
So u beat Man Utd home and away after 2 seasons. . . . . . .Was it in the final?
Did u see Scholes bawling like Kuffour after the game??
Nothing can be sweeter than what United did to Bayern at Camp Nou. . . . .
The look on Mattheaus face after Sheringham's equaliser was PRICELESS. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2009
Wes Brown not going to take part in season run-in.
Was kinda hoping he'd make it.Apparently he won't.
So sad
what happened again?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:50pm On May 08, 2009
tkb417:

what happened again?

Brown is out for the season. . . . . .he suffered a minor set back.
Gael Clichy is also out for the season and Alonso might also be out for the season after Joey Barton hacked him down.

It seems John O'Shea is now adapting as a RB. . . . .
I am not sure if it has something to do with the 4-3-3 system we play now which allows Fletcher to cover for him.
Nasri and RVP did not get a sniff against O'Shea at the Emirates.

Now, lets do Citeh on sunday.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:06pm On May 08, 2009
Wes out again shocked
wow! Dude needs Jesus

Citey will be hacked like we did em gaynners

On Oshea, i think hes done well for himself and he can only get better
i remember how i used to abuse Fletcher some years back, but now
hes one of our best performers.

lets see how Oshea comes out next season. Besides, Rapahel is here to make him sit up
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 4:09pm On May 08, 2009
tkb417:

Wes out again shocked

Wes has always been injury prone - last season was his swan song, he might never have a season like that again. sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:21pm On May 08, 2009
Wes has always been injury prone - last season was his swan song, he might never have a season like that again
very correct!
Hes too injury prone. Thank God for Raphael
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by aieromon(m): 9:38pm On May 08, 2009
we got the right back fully covered.
can't think of losing evra for anything wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Ibime(m): 6:06pm On May 09, 2009
Crizzle, why you dey serve me subpeona na?

Abeg, anybody that cannot take some name-calling should mind their biz. It is not uncommon for me to turn the air blue. There's nothing behind it. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 10:35am On May 10, 2009
Too bad it ain't your forum, dearie. grin Owner has got some set rules, and it's my duty to see that they are followed.

I cut us some slack here (Sports) 'cos we're not wusses cheesy , but you guys keep taking it for granted. Like I said before, posts containing offensive personal insults will disappear, even if they contain a million dollars' worth of soccer analysis.

I've got a 'diss line' . . .line within which some fun disses are allowed. But when it gets crossed into the diss zone that could result in a fight, or fights, I ain't leaving it. Can't have y'all getting rid of your excess testosterone and exorcising your personal demons here. grin

Adapt, people. If I can, y'all can. grin We can murder people with disses, yeah, but it doesn't mean we should turn all soccer discussions into a Wolverine vs Victor Creed battle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 10, 2009
The law has spoken. wink

All hail the blue side of Manchester.
The sky is always blue. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by switch47(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2009
Rooney: Messi Is One Of The Best Ever

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/05/07/1251657/rooney-messi-is-one-of-the-best-ever

The Manchester United forward has hailed the Argentinian playmaker after being compared to him.
May 7, 2009 10:20:42 AM
Photo GalleryZoom
CL: Wayne Rooney, Manchester United v Celtic (PA)
Related Links
Players
Wayne Rooney
Messi
Wayne Rooney has laughed off comparisons between him and Lionel Messi and thinks that the Argentinian has a few more tricks up his sleeve that makes him one of the best players ever.
Terry Venables said that the duo were similar when playing wide on the left up front, but the Manchester United forward does not agree and explained why.

“I don’t think I’ve quite got his trickery but Messi is one of my favourite players and one of the best ever," the Daily Star quote him as saying.

Rooney and Messi will be on opposite sides of the ball in the Champions League final in three weeks' time and 'Wazza' is delighted about getting the chance to defend their title in Rome.

“It would be amazing and, hopefully, we can do it. We set out at the start of the ­season to retain the title and be the first team to do it. We’re so close now to doing that. To be honest, I don’t really think about these things that much," he continued.

“You have to take each season as it comes.

"It’s only when people actually talk to you about doing it that you realise what an achievement it would be.

“I think the team is a lot better than when I first joined when I was 18, Cristiano Ronaldo was 19, Darren Fletcher was 20.

“We had a lot of young players but over the last few years we’ve got the experience that’s helped the team to progress.

“When Roman Abramovich went to Chelsea and all of that money was pumped into them and they won the two league titles, it looked hard to beat them.

“But fortunately we stopped them from winning the league for a third year running and we have really kicked on as a club.

“Look at the bench we had at ­Arsenal. We had the likes of Ryan Giggs, Scholesy[Paul Scholes], Carlos Tevez and Dimitar
Berbatov. Unbelievable

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/174/uefa-champions-league/2009/05/07/1251657/rooney-messi-is-one-of-the-best-ever

@ Bluediva

THE SKY IS NOT ALWAYS BLUE!! THE SKY IS NOT ALWAYS BLUE!!

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:30pm On May 10, 2009
Kick-off approaching. . .for the game that will determine if we get to keep our trophy or not.

Rafael Vidic Evans Evra

Park Fletcher Giggs Ronaldo

Berbatov Tevez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:34pm On May 10, 2009
City off to a fast-paced start.

Park misses a chance!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:36pm On May 10, 2009
Tev's shot is saved. . .didn't have much power anyway. Dude must be desperate to get a goal, prove to Sir Alex he is worth investing in.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:38pm On May 10, 2009
Rafael unable to stop Robinho who passes to Elano. . .his shot goes wide.

Both teams level so far, though City seem to have greater ball possession.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:40pm On May 10, 2009
Ronaldo's shot on target, but saved.

United coming at City more from the left flank.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:42pm On May 10, 2009
Man City corner.  .  .

Taken short, possession goes back to United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:45pm On May 10, 2009
City playing with some fire and determination here; organized MF. Defense is a tad suspect though.

United are equally playing with determination, better defense. City's still got greater possession.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:47pm On May 10, 2009
Ronaldo free-kick. . .hits the wall.

Sure hope we're not having one of 'em days where he keeps hitting the wall.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:48pm On May 10, 2009
Okay, hate to admit it, but Rafael is not holding his own back there. All 'em City boys keep getting past him.

Ireland brings Berbatov down. . .another Ronaldo free-kick.  .  .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 1:50pm On May 10, 2009
. . .free-kick taken perfectly, and it's a

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.